• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Arteen

Smash Lord
I can see him getting in as an unlockable character, so we may not get a profile update for him for a while, so it could be a long, tense, painful wait. But here's hoping we'll see him tomorrow!

How do you like my sig? It's the first sig that I was actually serious in making.
Looks good to me. It's certainly better than I could do.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just can not believe that unlockable characters have not been shown yet. If Sonic and Snake are not unlockable, well that'd be shocking. Also having three Kirby characters from the start? Wow.

I think it could be any day. Hopefully.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
It was stated that Snake would be unlockable, not Sonic, even though that's what most (including me) believe.

Having three Kirby reps from the start isn't a big deal, really. In melee, the Zelda series already contained the four original characters from the beginning.

I do also think he will be an unlockable. But here's hoping I see him on the site, anyway.

And by the way, your picture is very nice.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
It was stated that Snake would be unlockable, not Sonic, even though that's what most (including me) believe.

Having three Kirby reps from the start isn't a big deal, really. In melee, the Zelda series already contained the four original characters from the beginning.

I do also think he will be an unlockable. But here's hoping I see him on the site, anyway.

And by the way, your picture is very nice.
Well, Ganondorf was actually unlockable in Melee.

Anyway, I would be surprised if Sonic and Snake ended up being starters, since they're only guests.. Also, Mario had 3 reps from the start in Melee, but you can't really compare Mario with Kirby, since there is 0 chance of a fourth Kirby character.

In any case, Isaac doesn't NEED to be unlockable, but I'm just saying that in hopes we get a confirmation soon >.<

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually Sakurai said that he wants to treat ALL 3rd party characters like guests, meaning that they'll be unlockable.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Well, Ganondorf was actually unlockable in Melee.

Anyway, I would be surprised if Sonic and Snake ended up being starters, since they're only guests.. Also, Mario had 3 reps from the start in Melee, but you can't really compare Mario with Kirby, since there is 0 chance of a fourth Kirby character.

In any case, Isaac doesn't NEED to be unlockable, but I'm just saying that in hopes we get a confirmation soon >.<
Where did that get 4 Zelda from the start of Melee? Ganondorf as you said, but also Young Link need to be unlocked... you only get Link and Zelda (and by that extension Shiek) from the begining of Melee.

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
I for one don't think it matters who is unlockable or not as much as the fact that a character makes it in. Everyone unlocks all the characters so it doesn't even matter i can barely remember how to unlock people in melee. Just gotta keep hoping for all the best characters like Isaac

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well my exams are over now and I think this would be the perfect way for Sakurai to reward my hard work *nods approvingly*

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
Where did that get 4 Zelda from the start of Melee? Ganondorf as you said, but also Young Link need to be unlocked... you only get Link and Zelda (and by that extension Shiek) from the begining of Melee.
I was replying to Ruby's post where he said melee had the main four guys from the beginning, and I simply pointed out that Ganondorf was actually unlockable. I didn't include Young Link because he was obviously unlockable.

It doesn't matter who is unlockable when Brawl actually comes out, but for right now, since a lot of people think Sakurai is only giving us starters+Third Party, if Isaac ends up being unlockable we might not know if he is in until the game launches.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
What kind of color changes should Isaac have.
I'd think one for each psynergy element.
He'd have a Normal, Red, Blue, Green, Light, and Dark costume just like everyone else. Maybe his green costume should have Felix's clothes? And his blue can be Piers and red can be Garet.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wouldn't say that. His chances may not be as high as the so call "shoe-in characters", but they aren't very slim.

He appeared on Sakurai's poll (or whatever you want to call it!) twice, proving that Sakurai has recognized him.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
...Not to mention Golden Sun is the 5th (I think) most requested music in Brawl, and Felix also got one vote too, I believe. Does that mean he's a shoe-in? Nope, but does it make him a little likely? I think so.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I bring here a rumor:

- Camelot is bringing back the Golden Sun series by making a Wii installment. Fighting would be mostly focused on the Nunchuk.
Link

Of course it is nothing more than a rumor... but a Golden Sun on the Wii? That'd be one other reason for me to buy the Wii.

I don't know if we should believe it, though.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Can you say something like Paper Mario's action commands for Special Attacks or more damage?

Too ownage to be real!

And Ogre Battle/SMRPG too?!

My God, I'm going to die of excitement.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still don't know whether to believe this or not.

That interview like a month ago was real, right? Well they said a Golden Sun game isn't in the making at the moment.

...and a Super Mario RPG game having Final Fantasy characters in it? As said in one of the comments on that site "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts". :laugh:

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I see you changed your sig...

I should really include Isaac in mine already, I'm just so lazy.

Here's hoping those three things remain true.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
WOAMG 0_0.
I dont care at all about SMRPG, but SMRPG with FF chars? sign me up! *prays for cloud, squall, and kefka to appear*

but yeah, I hope this is true. I'd love a golden sun for wii. though I'm not to sure how waggle control would work with an RPG :/

Zevox

Smash Lord
I bring here a rumor:

Link

Of course it is nothing more than a rumor... but a Golden Sun on the Wii? That'd be one other reason for me to buy the Wii.

I don't know if we should believe it, though.
Sweet Lord. Golden Sun, Super Mario RPG, and Ogre Battle? That seems too good to be true (and by that I mean along the lines of "Brawl will have 50+ non-cloned characters!" too good to be true), but I sure pray it is. Even just one of those would be awesome.

Zevox

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I've been dreaming with Isaac being in the Smash Bros series ever since I played the first game xD and seeing that he's on Sakurai's Poll twice brings me hope, I really want him to make it ><

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Nope, it still took me about 30 hours to beat it. It's been a while since I played it, and I didn't use a walktrough, only messed around with the random number generator (heh). I deleted my first playthrough file, because it really wasn't good at all. But 30 hours is pretty decent.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Nope, it still took me about 30 hours to beat it. It's been a while since I played it, and I didn't use a walktrough, only messed around with the random number generator (heh). I deleted my first playthrough file, because it really wasn't good at all. But 30 hours is pretty decent.
Well when i replayed it it took me like 10 hours but the fist time took me like 30.

D

Deleted member

I like Felix marginally better than Isaac. I dunno, maybe cause i played TLA first.

Either way, BOTH should be in Brawl.

That rumour is sweet.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I remember being stoked about Golden Sun a few months before it was out, and it was the first GBA game that I felt was worth the money. It's always gonna have a special place in my heart. The second one I felt dragged on a little longer than it needed to. It was still good, just not worth a replay like the first one was IMO. Plus, it didn't really add anything too new in terms of gameplay other than the unlockable summons/having 8 party members. Golden Sun 1, on the other hand, was like a breath of fresh air.

D

Deleted member

Well, I remember being stoked about Golden Sun a few months before it was out, and it was the first GBA game that I felt was worth the money. It's always gonna have a special place in my heart. The second one I felt dragged on a little longer than it needed to. It was still good, just not worth a replay like the first one was IMO. Plus, it didn't really add anything too new in terms of gameplay other than the unlockable summons/having 8 party members. Golden Sun 1, on the other hand, was like a breath of fresh air.
I honestly liked TLA better. Maybe because of the sailing; I've always been a sucker for ships.

I think the sheer scale of the game was what made me stay with it. I was used to tiny games that were easy to complete at the time, and Weyard was HUGE.

I bought the original later, and I enjoyed it almost as much. The lighthouses and villains were much better in the first.

Anyway, I'd be rather peaved if Felix was only an alternative costume of Isaac.You saw what Sakurai did with ""Fusion Suit" Samus (my *** Sakurai), and a brown haired Issac with green clothes would be like "WTF?!".

Top Bottom