• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
isaac is a must! they can get rid of marth or roy if they have too many swordsmen( i prefer for marth to leave.) i really hope he joins brawl since he's a popular character.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hold on a second there...

Isaac isn't much of a swordsman, I could see his moveset based around psynergy instead.

Second, if any Fire Emblem character isn't returning, it's Roy. Marth is essentially the face of Fire Emblem, and he's going to be in the upcoming FE DS.

EPX2

Smash Ace
isaac is a must! they can get rid of marth or roy if they have too many swordsmen( i prefer for marth to leave.) i really hope he joins brawl since he's a popular character.

There's so many things wrong with this post, I'm not even going to bother with it.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
I think if psyenergy was implemented in his moveset enough, he could be more of a projectile swordsman, like link or something.

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
I want Isaac to be in the game so much. He will make Golden sun fans happy and introduce the series to new people. He ,may also lead the way to new Golden Sun games.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't want him that much. Having him as the only character left.

I wonder how popular GS is in Japan?

Card

Smash Lord
The mysterious one-woman news bomber "Surfer Girl" has given out the following insider information on her blog a few days ago; (For those who don't know... Surfer Girl is sort of this insider enigma in the gaming industry, she knows a lot of information which has not been revealed to the public, and after she reveals it, they all seemingly come true)

Anyways... Here's what she said, and I quote;

Golden Sun Wii is coming from Camelot involving fighting with the Nunchuk.

What do you think? I for one believe it to be very possible. Not to mention that if there is infact a Golden Sun Wii game coming, I think that raises Isaac's chances in Smash Brawl even more!

Discuss!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Golden Sun Wii is coming from Camelot involving fighting with the Nunchuk.
Unless "fighting with the nunchuk" means navigating attack menus before each turn, I don't believe it. I expect that GS3 will be a turn-based RPG like GS1 and 2.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Why would that affect Isaac's chances? The roster was done a long time ago and the game isn't out NOW so why would that make a difference? Same with the Fire Emblem remake with Marth.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Why would that affect Isaac's chances? The roster was done a long time ago and the game isn't out NOW so why would that make a difference? Same with the Fire Emblem remake with Marth.
Because Sakurai & co would have been aware of games being planned to be made before the general public was, and thus would know about the advertising potential, and for Golden Sun the fact that it was not the dead series it seemed to be. And in the case of FEDS, it eliminates the only possible reasons Marth could have to be removed, the fact that his games were Japan-only and the potential for newer FE characters to be chosen in his place for advertising purposes.

Zevox

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
So just, because Sakurai is in the industry, he automatically knows of projects that are in the works that he has nothing to do with? This game is only a rumor. It is possible Sakurai hadn't even heard of it by the time the roster was completed. I assume they had the final roster in mind sometime after the poll.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
In the end, it doesn't lower his chances...

And how do you know the roaster is done? Remember, I hear the delay was also done so the team could add more characters. This, is Isaac's big chance, if he hasn't been added already.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
In the end, it doesn't lower his chances...

And how do you know the roaster is done? Remember, I hear the delay was also done so the team could add more characters. This, is Isaac's big chance, if he hasn't been added already.
Unfortunately the delay was not to add more characters but simply because Nintendo wanted Galaxy to be the big Christmas title. Keep in mind Smash went through the ESRB before the delay was announced. It's done.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Unfortunately the delay was not to add more characters but simply because Nintendo wanted Galaxy to be the big Christmas title. Keep in mind Smash went through the ESRB before the delay was announced. It's done.
Yeah, but in those 2 months you don't think they were just resting on their laurels, do you? Maybe Capcom asked for a character back in October, Sakurai had told them it was too late, and now they saw their chance? Who knows. I think a new character or two is a very real possibility.

At the very least, they were ironing out bugs, so the delay wasn't all bad.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
When asked why the game was delayed, some people did respond, among other things, more characters. I'm sure it was just to give Galaxy some breathing room, but they can't just waste those two extra months they just got...

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
So just, because Sakurai is in the industry, he automatically knows of projects that are in the works that he has nothing to do with? This game is only a rumor. It is possible Sakurai hadn't even heard of it by the time the roster was completed. I assume they had the final roster in mind sometime after the poll.
I am pretty sure that Sakurai would have known of rpetty much all upcoming Nintendo games, rumoured or not. Nintendo would have to give the all clear to the developers of a game to start developing or planning and then Nintendo would tell Sakurai that there is an upcoming game with a character that he should consider. Nintendo have a lot of say in what would go into Brawl. They probably listed quite a few characters (which is how I guess both Meta Knight and Dedede got in, cause I still reckon Sakurai would have been reluctant) that could be in Brawl, and Sakurai chose the ones he wanted to make.
Besides, what Nintendo based game developer in their right minds wouldn't want a character in the Smash series?

I would say that Nintendo knew about the plans for a golden sun 3 (the developers at Camelot said that Nintendo wanted them to mae another) and when Isaac and Felix showed up on the poll, they would have pressed the issue further. I am fairly sure that it wasn't just Sakurai choosing characters in the dark.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
I am pretty sure that Sakurai would have known of rpetty much all upcoming Nintendo games, rumoured or not. Nintendo would have to give the all clear to the developers of a game to start developing or planning and then Nintendo would tell Sakurai that there is an upcoming game with a character that he should consider. Nintendo have a lot of say in what would go into Brawl. They probably listed quite a few characters (which is how I guess both Meta Knight and Dedede got in, cause I still reckon Sakurai would have been reluctant) that could be in Brawl, and Sakurai chose the ones he wanted to make.
Besides, what Nintendo based game developer in their right minds wouldn't want a character in the Smash series?

I would say that Nintendo knew about the plans for a golden sun 3 (the developers at Camelot said that Nintendo wanted them to mae another) and when Isaac and Felix showed up on the poll, they would have pressed the issue further. I am fairly sure that it wasn't just Sakurai choosing characters in the dark.

well put!!

Camelot only just recently said that they'd love to make a third, but they haven't started.

I can't see that even if they started it the next day, that Sakurai would have enough time to fit Isaac in.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Camelot only just recently said that they'd love to make a third, but they haven't started.

I can't see that even if they started it the next day, that Sakurai would have enough time to fit Isaac in.
They only recently publicly acknowledged that they would love to make a third. It's likely that Nintendo had brought it up years earlier. Third game or not, I think Isaac is already worthy of a spot on the roster. Here's hoping!

Boofer

Smash Ace

Obviously this isn't the reason Isaac would be in. It would be based on how interesting the team thinks Isaac would be to play as. If you look at it like that, I'd say he has a decent chance, and his popularity is moderate (he's been mentioned).

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Brawl was still in a fairly early creating phase when the fake Golden Sun DS thing was shown at that E3 (can't remember when that was, I think it was E3 a year or so ago, you all know the one). That had great feedback, lots of people got really excited, so much so that the creators themselves had to confess that they created a fake. This may have opened the eyes of either Sakurai or Nintendo, and especially Camelot, that Golden Sun was still in popular favour and people still wanted another. I would say that that fake screen could boost Isaacs chances, if not for Brawl then definitely for a third installment.

Sakurai works for Nintendo...if they wanted him to add a character badly enough, he would probably have to make it. Both parties here have pretty big balls in their courts. Nintendo could always cancel his game, stop Brawl (which would be suicide for their public image), since if they refuse Sakurai to use Nintendo characters, we would be left with a fighter that had Snake and Sonic fighting each other. Sakurai of course could refuse profusely to put in some characters that he threatens to stop making the game (I think though that he would have to have a contract, and stopping production would lead to some hefty court cases, since Brawl is one of the big guns for Nintendo). I have to say that I think Nintendo had a lot of say in character roster stuff, while Sakurai was in charge of everything else. Though I am sure Sakurai works well with Nintendo, being so highly respected all around the world and all.

Also, I wouldn't always trust a developer not telling you about a game in the making so early in, as a GS3 would be. Maybe they had already done a bit for it at the time of the interview? We wont know either ever or for a fairly long time, but I do hope that they had considered it a while ago, long enough to give Sakurai and Nintendo plenty of oportunity to work Isaac in. That would be sweet.

Heh, I love this thread, it's awfully positive most of the time, I can always come here to read some random unknown runour/source stating some new information that would lead to Isaac's definite inclusion, like with Sakurai stating that he loved the Golden Sun series, the poll, the GS3 rumours. It's awesome. While the truth remains that the poll was right and so far the only GS related thing in Brawl is the musician. But yeah, rumours rock, as does Isaac!!! ISAAC FOR BRAWL!!!

Sakurai does not work for Nintendo. They asked him to make it, so I doubt Sakurai didn't come in if he thought they'd put him on a leash.

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Well, he works for a 2nd party company (his own) that are making a game for Nintendo. And technically, every developer is on a leash of some sort, since the console has standards (Might be why we haven't seen any naughty Wii games, they'd be so sus) It is only because of such a great relationship between him and Nintendo does it seem like he isn't working for them. You would consider that Retro studios was working for Nintendo when they made Metroid Prime. But since Sakurai has made these games before very successfully, console-selling successfully, he has more freedom. But in the end, it is Nintendo that will lose out if he makes a mistake. I trust that Sakurai would never make a mistake, I trust all his decisions completely, but Nintendo do have to keep watch on everything he is doing. They can say that a particular character shouldn't be in due to some underlying issues between other developers, or that a particular character should be put in because they are currently popular or that NIntendo hope for them to become more popular, like with Isaac here, and with Roy for Melee.

I do agree that Sakurai has a lot of free reign over it, and that he will make all the right choices, that some will be unhappy with some decisions, but in the long run everyone will love this game. All I am saying is that it is possible, however highly or slightly it may be, that Nintendo has asked him to put in Isaac. Glass half full and all that jazz.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Heh, I love this thread, it's awfully positive most of the time, I can always come here to read some random unknown runour/source stating some new information that would lead to Isaac's definite inclusion, like with Sakurai stating that he loved the Golden Sun series, the poll, the GS3 rumours. It's awesome. While the truth remains that the poll was right and so far the only GS related thing in Brawl is the musician. But yeah, rumours rock, as does Isaac!!! ISAAC FOR BRAWL!!!

I agree, Whenever I get my hopes lowered for some reason, I always come here, and they usually end up raising again.

By the way, I haven't seen Cos. Around lately, do you guys think it's about time we got a new threat? You know, one with a little more information and some nice pictures in the front page to wow the crowds? What do you all think?

Oh, and Isaac for Brawl, and all that stuff...

If he did get in, what do you all think Dijnn should be? Items? Or Assist Trophies?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is probably my favorite topic on the whole forum, lol. Not necessarily because I support Isaac the most, but because there's really nothing going against Isaac. The trolls that come around here can easily be taken down. ^_^

All of the fighting and flaming that's gone around this character forum lately has really been driving me crazy. This seems to be one of the few topics that has somehow kept out of it. Thank goodness.

Hopefully Isaac is the next character update. I'm really losing a lot of hype for this game. I need to know that my favorite character is in. :chuckle:

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Yes, indeed. Though there are actual haters... They just happen to not come on this thread. We've had our fair share of haters on this thread though, luckily, the ones I remember have all been beaten and pushed out.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Yeah i like this thread. I think the reason for not so much hate is because the golden sun games are not as widely know thus people have no real reason to bring down isaac.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't like the grab that was given to isaac (vines shooting from the ground). I think it makes more sense to have the psynergy hand grab the enemy (lol but the hand will look a lot like the masterhand, but smaller)

then you just have the hand toss his enemies to whichever direction you choose.

Then his b moves
b : He uses his psynergy hand to push away his enemy (if they come close to you). If it does any damage, it's just 2% max. It can also be used to send back objectiles.

b>: djinni (sp?) related. I think I saw an attack on page 7 that had a variety of three different djinni, I like that idea.

b^: No clue, this one is tough.

bv : Titan blade; a giant blade comes from the sky downwards and attacks whoever is underneath. The attack is interupted if isaac is attacked. It's a pretty strong move, but it's just as hard to use as Ness' b move in ssbm. (titan blade is from the gaia blade, which is a sword he can equip).

Also with the A, AA, AAA attacks I don't like them. Since when do any of the characters in golden sun punch and kick. Those should be changed into his sword.
----
Also concerning whether it should be felix, I'm quite indecisive. When it comes to it though, it will be Isaac.

I'd rather see Felix because I feel as if I look a lot more like him (minus that ponytail thing, which I like on him). But since Roy doesn;t look like he has much of a chance, Isaac looks like a good replacement for him, because they have similar appearances, except for the haircolour. :] That's just my point of view.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
Isaac in SSBB would be like the most awesome newcomer the game could have. There'd be so many different options to choose from for his B moves and F.S.
If MArth and Roy are not coming back, I want both Ike and Isaac to replace them, this game needs more sword users.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
You know, I haven't personally ever met an Isaac hater ^_^

I have to agree, it's a very peaceful and equanimous topic.

I would also agree, that a colourful, informative and well formatted first post would be rather nice. Although, if we do request a new topic, who would start it?

Bassoonist, are you Andrew? If so, I would vote for you to do it.

So many suggestions for movesets. One of the many, many great things about Isaac and Golden Sun =)

Dave

Top Bottom