• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I am not trying to start anything, but I have seen flame wars start like this many times before.
I've seen a lot more flame wars stop because people won't drop a conversation that should have ended a page and a half ago and they just keep trying to "perfectly explain their view". We get it, there was a misunderstanding, let's drop it already and get back to Isaac, please.

Except the stupid people who think this deconfirms Metaknight. Still a nice thought to go back to that theory of Isaac getting a Mii outfit. That's now a valid possibility (granted, he could still be playable).
Unfortunately, not. Both of those hats are available in the Mii StreetPass Plaza. Isaac's outfit is not.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've seen a lot more flame wars stop because people won't drop a conversation that should have ended a page and a half ago and they just keep trying to "perfectly explain their view". We get it, there was a misunderstanding, let's drop it already and get back to Isaac, please.

Unfortunately, not. Both of those hats are available in the Mii StreetPass Plaza. Isaac's outfit is not.
Oh, they are? Well that's kinda lame... :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh, they are? Well that's kinda lame... :p
True, but at the same time, there are some nifty hats in there, and I'm glad they're available for the Miis.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added a new hat for each playable character, though. Including Isaac.

Question: If we got a new Golden Sun for the 3DS after Isaac is confirmed, how do you think it would use StreetPass?

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Question: If we got a new Golden Sun for the 3DS after Isaac is confirmed, how do you think it would use StreetPass?
What about some sort of Djinn-Training style minigame that boosts the amount of bonuses that Djinn grants. Also, through streetpass you could get visited by other players' Djinns and get some cool Djinn gifts or duke it out with the other Djinns. Idk, it's pretty generic and could use some work. Though I think it could potentially be something interesting, if done right.

Maybe they could have some other form of customization that would allow you to interact in more interesting ways with multiple players. That's generally how I'd approach games with the Streetpass function.

Anyway, again, if people would like to be added to the support list, please tag me, otherwise I might miss it.
Add me, please, @ N3ON N3ON

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
That's the thing. If Isaac is back leading the party, Matthew as a character is pointless. With the buildup we got, Matthew getting the Sol Blade, the whole Matthew/Sveta shippiness, etcetera, I can't see them wiping out their character that way. I think Matthew is going to be important to Golden Sun 4.

There's also the balance problems. Isaac at this point is god tier. There's a reason you didn't start with Isaac in The Lost Age, it let them reset the play experience. Tuning things for where Isaac would be would render the other characters useless. We'd probably get a quest to go hunt for Isaac, letting Matthew build up more, then stumble upon him as we neared the end again.
The first two games had to do with saving your parents, I think the fourth (and likely final game, if we get it) will deal with Isaac and co saving their kids. I think the psynergy vortexes will tie in to Isaac and co losing their current abilities, essentially making them start over.

I'm not sure if they'll use the core group or try and mix it up though. I'd personally love to see them mix it up, I kind of like the idea of Isaac, Garet and Ivan working together again, and then from there Isaac and co meet up with new people while visiting their old crew along the way to see what's happening with them, picking Mia up along the way. I'd love to see bad ass characters like Master Hama join you, as well as maybe a Proxian warrior.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Good question! Maybe play coins = lucky coins? ;)

The return of the coliseum would be pretty sweet for this too. Battling against someone's team with set djinn would be so epic, like you pick your four favourite characters and set them up in whatever classes you want, and then that's your streetpass team, and then it works kind of like Fire Emblem Awakening where you battle other people's team.

Oh man I need this. I'd KILL for this in the classic GS games. It would work so perfectly with battle mode.

Last edited:

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice

The return of the coliseum would be pretty sweet for this too. Battling against someone's team with set djinn would be so epic, like you pick your four favourite characters and set them up in whatever classes you want, and then that's your streetpass team, and then it works kind of like Fire Emblem Awakening where you battle other people's team.

Oh man I need this. I'd KILL for this in the classic GS games. It would work so perfectly with battle mode.

OOOHHH!!! And you could set your team's AI through the menu or something, or even set specific AI paths/patterns for them whenever certain conditions are met. I would so love that idea. In fact, you could probably design a whole game around this premise alone; maybe even make it a spin-off Golden Sun game!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
They'd have to find a good way to differentiate Isaac and Matthew, and I'm sure they could pull it off. Isaac is older now, he should have higher Strength and Health and be able to use different types of weapons Matthew can't. Matthew would still need a way to balance things out as well, but I'm sure they could pull it off and make both Matthew and Isaac useful.

One idea brought up a while back in this thread is that the plot point/cliffhanger the game ended on may result in the characters (possible spoilings):

...losing their powers/stats and having to regain them.
Yes I was thinking of that being a possibility since Himi did mention about Isaac being in danger plus there is the appearance of the Mourning Moon. Although considering the fact that now everybody is at a higher level, the starting point of the game could have higher leveled monsters but that might escalate quickly with us needing a god-like boss to end it off.

The first two games had to do with saving your parents, I think the fourth (and likely final game, if we get it) will deal with Isaac and co saving their kids. I think the psynergy vortexes will tie in to Isaac and co losing their current abilities, essentially making them start over.

I'm not sure if they'll use the core group or try and mix it up though. I'd personally love to see them mix it up, I kind of like the idea of Isaac, Garet and Ivan working together again, and then from there Isaac and co meet up with new people while visiting their old crew along the way to see what's happening with them, picking Mia up along the way. I'd love to see bad *** characters like Master Hama join you, as well as maybe a Proxian warrior.
As I said I was thinking the same due to foreshadowing given in the 3rd game, something happens causing Isaac and Garet to lose control of their abilities or something. And I would totally like return of the original party, Matthew's party won't be absolutely unnecessary and they could mix it up. We still have Piers and Nowell to deal with who could be the 2 water adepts this time, one old and one new :D

Oh my, Master Hama? Well considering Ivan has also become considerably powerful that could be a possibility. Although she would be even more mage-type than Ivan? Ivan has become more warrior like as he grew up? That would be cool with Ivan now being able to use broad swords and being the first Jupiter sword warrior. Although Matt's not bad, the older warriors have gained longer life as well as new abilities as they grew up and could be unique to control.

Even if all of them are not playable (I still want playable Isaac as protagonist), I want to see all of 'em! The series could be so much more and Camelot is squandering the opportunity.!

They should follow these steps:
1) Bring Isaac as a challenger for Smash 4
2) Make Matthew an AT
3) Finish re-releasing GS: TLA for VC
4) Launch a 3 game collection for 3DS with updated graphics (no tampering with gameplay)
5) Make a new Golden Sun with Isaac in the lead, with old party! Mix new party in if they want.
6) Make it epic and add requested features above (not affecting the game negatively though)
7) Conclusion: Epic Golden Sun game being the best and most popular = Happiness for GS fans and Kaching for Nintendo

And for people who are not a fan of the beard, how does this Isaac look?

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
O bby~ I know people like the rugged Isaac, but I've always been a fan of clean-shaven men, myself ;D

Actually, that reminds me, when the character art was first being revealed for Dark Dawn, a few of us on the Golden Sun Realm forums were having fun photoshopping Kraden's beard onto things. I remember I shopped it onto Mia just to tease another member... then I switched Blados's hair with it, and also did a beardless Kraden XD Good times, good times. Would laugh pretty hard if anybody here was a part of those forums and actually remembered that.

Anyways... yaaaay, Isaac wasn't revealed as an AT tonight and also I'm on topic, wooooh :D

Edit: And wouldn't you know it, just when I'm about to log off for the night, I find where I had all of these glorious beard pictures saved. So for anyone who wants to look at something really stupid, Click Here!

Last edited:

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to say about the Felix Thing of a couple pages ago..
Felix is a character, known as the anti-hero of a story/game, he specifically tends to ignore higher powers, as if he doesn't want to be commanded around, we see him doing that in many occasions:
He ignored Vale's laws, defied Saturos and Menardi atop Venus-Lighthouse, stole Kibombos Magic(but at least he informed Akafubu about its existence), he didn't care about not being allowed to go to the Lemurian Palace, and maybe he influenced his Teammates to think like this too, since Sheba ignored Moapas Laws (well Sheba has also a spiky personality but Felix probably enjoyed her XD)...
I really like Felix as a whole, Isaac is still my favourite, but Felix saved the world, yet he is, like, forgotten whereas Isaac is seen as the Hero (Sun Saga say so, so people think so and
the Wise One in the End made sure that he gets the 4th part of The Golden Sun's power, but maybe he didnt expect Isaac to help unleash the power in the end, so he thought he wouldn't get the power boost...
)!
I wouldn't mind if Felix gets in instead, which is unlikely, but he was the main Character longer than Isaac ever was, since TLA is longer than any other GS game today!!
But, whoever does get in, I hope this will lead to not only a fourth entry ion the series but also a unique Golden Sun fighting game (like Smash) but with all Characters fighting each other and maybe even Alex in there!!!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Neat, but I'm a fan of the rugged look.

Now Garet without the Mustacheon the other hand

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
No pattern after all, then... I also noted that Isaac gets featured more and more in "wanted newcomer group shots". Nice to see that he gets more recognition outside of this thread! :D

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I wanted to say about the Felix Thing of a couple pages ago..
Felix is a character, known as the anti-hero of a story/game, he specifically tends to ignore higher powers, as if he doesn't want to be commanded around, we see him doing that in many occasions:
He ignored Vale's laws, defied Saturos and Menardi atop Venus-Lighthouse, stole Kibombos Magic(but at least he informed Akafubu about its existence), he didn't care about not being allowed to go to the Lemurian Palace, and maybe he influenced his Teammates to think like this too, since Sheba ignored Moapas Laws (well Sheba has also a spiky personality but Felix probably enjoyed her XD)...
I really like Felix as a whole, Isaac is still my favourite, but Felix saved the world, yet he is, like, forgotten whereas Isaac is seen as the Hero (Sun Saga say so, so people think so and
the Wise One in the End made sure that he gets the 4th part of The Golden Sun's power, but maybe he didnt expect Isaac to help unleash the power in the end, so he thought he wouldn't get the power boost...
)!
I wouldn't mind if Felix gets in instead, which is unlikely, but he was the main Character longer than Isaac ever was, since TLA is longer than any other GS game today!!
But, whoever does get in, I hope this will lead to not only a fourth entry ion the series but also a unique Golden Sun fighting game (like Smash) but with all Characters fighting each other and maybe even Alex in there!!!

Like this one?

Super Golden Sun Bros. haha!

TLA was a longer game but at Jupiter Lighthouse which was around the length of the original game, Isaac also joins as a 2nd leader of the party and decides to help out Felix. He is playable in both the games and post his party joining, he also features in all the major conversations along with Felix and Kraden. Although Felix is a rule breaker, he has been since the start and his goal hadn't changed. Whereas Isaac was told to save the world by keeping the lighthouses from being lit but made the decision to join in against the Wise One's instructions. Anyway besides from the Sun Saga, Garet realizes Felix's role and tells that they followed mainly what Isaac AND Felix said.

Also he was the only one besides Kraden to realize the final boss' true identity but still continued to fight it to light the lighthouse. He had become that determined to realize Felix's goal of saving the world and had truly matured as a leader, driving the party despite the personal repercussions it would have. He did talk a lot but had truly become more badass!

Neat, but I'm a fan of the rugged look.

Now Garet without the Mustacheon the other hand

What!!!?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes I was thinking of that being a possibility since Himi did mention about Isaac being in danger plus there is the appearance of the Mourning Moon. Although considering the fact that now everybody is at a higher level, the starting point of the game could have higher leveled monsters but that might escalate quickly with us needing a god-like boss to end it off.

As I said I was thinking the same due to foreshadowing given in the 3rd game, something happens causing Isaac and Garet to lose control of their abilities or something. And I would totally like return of the original party, Matthew's party won't be absolutely unnecessary and they could mix it up. We still have Piers and Nowell to deal with who could be the 2 water adepts this time, one old and one new :D

Oh my, Master Hama? Well considering Ivan has also become considerably powerful that could be a possibility. Although she would be even more mage-type than Ivan? Ivan has become more warrior like as he grew up? That would be cool with Ivan now being able to use broad swords and being the first Jupiter sword warrior. Although Matt's not bad, the older warriors have gained longer life as well as new abilities as they grew up and could be unique to control.

Even if all of them are not playable (I still want playable Isaac as protagonist), I want to see all of 'em! The series could be so much more and Camelot is squandering the opportunity.!

2) Make Matthew an AT
4) Launch a 3 game collection for 3DS with updated graphics (no tampering with gameplay)
5) Make a new Golden Sun with Isaac in the lead, with old party! Mix new party in if they want.
6) Make it epic and add requested features above (not affecting the game negatively though)
7) Conclusion: Epic Golden Sun game being the best and most popular = Happiness for GS fans and Kaching for Nintendo

Personally I've been thinking about this as well. Use Adult Isaac, but remove the beard. I wouldn't mind that at all. (Frankly I wouldn't mind him with the beard I'd, but I like beardless Isaac better ^^).

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Like this one?

Super Golden Sun Bros. haha!

TLA was a longer game but at Jupiter Lighthouse which was around the length of the original game, Isaac also joins as a 2nd leader of the party and decides to help out Felix. He is playable in both the games and post his party joining, he also features in all the major conversations along with Felix and Kraden. Although Felix is a rule breaker, he has been since the start and his goal hadn't changed. Whereas Isaac was told to save the world by keeping the lighthouses from being lit but made the decision to join in against the Wise One's instructions. Anyway besides from the Sun Saga, Garet realizes Felix's role and tells that they followed mainly what Isaac AND Felix said.

Also he was the only one besides Kraden to realize the final boss' true identity but still continued to fight it to light the lighthouse. He had become that determined to realize Felix's goal of saving the world and had truly matured as a leader, driving the party despite the personal repercussions it would have. He did talk a lot but had truly become more badass!
Yep exactly like that!! A dream come true!!!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yep exactly like that!! A dream come true!!!
Let Isaac be represented in Smash 4 as a challenger. Who knows your dream might come true with the next Golden Sun :D

Personally I've been thinking about this as well. Use Adult Isaac, but remove the beard. I wouldn't mind that at all. (Frankly I wouldn't mind him with the beard I'd, but I like beardless Isaac better ^^).
Haha, I don't really mind the beard either but he would look wicked without it as well. Plus my sister would prefer him that way, she is a huge Golden Sun fan as well.

Isaac for Smash 4!

Gaia! Another move that he could use, plus a great signature move for him in smash! Not as OP as Grand Gaia though!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

2) Make Matthew an AT

Honestly, I just don't see it. Draining Isaac of his powers means pulling the fragment of the Golden Sun's power from him as well. I don't see them going there (and I don't want them to).

That should be a threat, yes. The Tuapuring and especially Alex should be trying to pull that from him. But it shouldn't just happen. Isaac was basically entrusted with the safekeeping of that power. If you extract it from him, you're basically giving the world to Alex.

What's more, I really don't want another "lol, here's Isaac atop Jupiter Lighthouse getting beat by some pathetic foes he could have smashed without blinking".

Isaac may be in trouble, but I think Himi is prescient. I think it's more that there is a looming threat to him right on the horizon, not one that has hit yet. I don't think we'll rescue him, and I don't want to rescue him. I think we'll rejoin him and have to fight off the oncoming Tuapuring and whatever schemes Alex has set up.

I don't want to undo everything that Golden Sun did, which is what draining Isaac's powers would do.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Honestly, I just don't see it. Draining Isaac of his powers means pulling the fragment of the Golden Sun's power from him as well. I don't see them going there (and I don't want them to).

That should be a threat, yes. The Tuapuring and especially Alex should be trying to pull that from him. But it shouldn't just happen. Isaac was basically entrusted with the safekeeping of that power. If you extract it from him, you're basically giving the world to Alex.

What's more, I really don't want another "lol, here's Isaac atop Jupiter Lighthouse getting beat by some pathetic foes he could have smashed without blinking".

Isaac may be in trouble, but I think Himi is prescient. I think it's more that there is a looming threat to him right on the horizon, not one that has hit yet. I don't think we'll rescue him, and I don't want to rescue him. I think we'll rejoin him and have to fight off the oncoming Tuapuring and whatever schemes Alex has set up.

I don't want to undo everything that Golden Sun did, which is what draining Isaac's powers would do.
I see what you think you posted but if you read my post finely, I said he "loses" control over his powers not definitely loses the powers. And who is to say that he still has gained control of the Mars component of power him in? I was saying that he still has hidden powers, just that he loses control of his psynergy back to a newbie state. And we still have to find whether Isaac himself knows this secret about the power of the Golden Sun. Only the Wise One and Alex have been specifically mentioned to know this secret. Maybe his base class will change when he realizes this (unlikely)!

Plus his loss at Jupiter Lighthouse while surprising (my Ivan and Isaac alone would have wiped the floor with Karst and Agatio) was still sensible as it was Isaac and Ivan vs. two stronger Fire adepts almost at the level of Saturos and Menardi who they beat with a combined strength of 4. Plus it was Ivan who gave out and Isaac in worry got distracted and was thus beaten. Karst and Agatio themselves remarked how strong he was and put up an amazing fight despite the odds.

Well I never did say that Isaac needs rescuing. I just said that he should be controllable :p Who knows, mayble Matthew, Karis and Tyrell are in trouble in such close proximity to the Mourning Moon. It would be a case of the parents saving their kids. Picking up the weapons that they had once shelved to save the world again. Return of the Veterans! I don't want undoing of the events either but something has to be done to fix as well as expand upon what Dark Dawn introduced.

Another alternative is to just up the scales. Make everyone start out at level 40ish or just rescale it. Although that would put them all at a god like tier by the end of the game. Plus we don't what happened to Alex, he couldn't possibly be beaten by chumps like Blados and Chalis. And the events of the 3rd game really didn't see him chasing after Isaac to extract his power, he was basically dooming the entire world. Plus we still have to experience these light and dark adepts! New members with older members from all 3 games, with Isaac back at the helm. Once a leader, always a leader kind of thing!

With how far the series has come along, along with reluctance to make everyone start at level 5 or 1 the series needs a grand revival but only 1 or 2 games. Otherwise power creep will start humming along.

I want to see a grand revival of the series with an even grander conclusion so this game is remembered as a legendary series as it should be, not fade into obscurity like it is doing now post Dark Dawn.

The Golden Sun MUST rise again! Starting with Isaac in Smash 4!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey the beard makes Issac look more manly! we need more characters with facial hair. ganondorf's the only one that has it i think. and at this point, i think Isaac may be the only golden sun representative we get for smash bros as a playable character. hopefully the others become assist trophies as well.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

It looks great, but it would look even better with the signature Scarf. The Scarf is something that reminds me of Isaac since it looks like a signature characteristic of his.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It looks great, but it would look even better with the signature Scarf. The Scarf is something that reminds me of Isaac since it looks like a signature characteristic of his.
Yeah, if there's one thing Isaac NEEDS, its that friggin' scarf!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, if there's one thing Isaac NEEDS, its that friggin' scarf!
Yea, him beardless and with scarf again, he will still look pretty iconic to the series albeit grown up. Although, he gave it to Matthew right? A 30 year old scarf?

Maybe his mom or Jenna could give him another one in the next game :D Plus we get to see how the other veterans are getting along.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

It would work so well. And it would actually give you a reason to play Battle Mode. :)

There is way too much Smash Bros. potential in Fire Emblem to go untapped. I mean, let's take a basic Psynergy setup for Jenna and Garet, two fire adepts.

Jenna
- Up Tilt - Fume
- Up Smash - Dragon Fume
- Side Tilt - Beam
- Side Smash - Searing Beam
- Down Tilt - Flare
- Down Smash - Flare Storm
- B - Flash
- Up B - Coal
- Side B - Cannon
- Down B - Reflux

Garet
- Up Tilt - Fire
- Up Smash - Inferno
- Side Tilt - Heat Wave
- Side Smash - Liquefier
- Down Tilt - Eruption
- Down Smash - Pyroclasm
- B - Fever
- Up B - Spark (it's hard finding recovery Mars Djinn, ok?)
- Side B - Torch
- Down B - Scorch

That's the two fire Adepts, both in their base or "iconic" class, both with completely different movesets. And I shouldn't really have to stress how differently these two would play to anyone who has seen these moves in the game.

The best part is, this isn't even taking into account any of the multi-element classes or item classes yet. There is so much raw potential in the Golden Sun games! They translate so easily into so many different movesets (I could rearrange a lot of these so easily). Sakurai HAS to recognize this, right?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It would work so well. And it would actually give you a reason to play Battle Mode. :)

There is way too much Smash Bros. potential in Fire Emblem to go untapped. I mean, let's take a basic Psynergy setup for Jenna and Garet, two fire adepts.

Jenna
- Up Tilt - Fume
- Up Smash - Dragon Fume
- Side Tilt - Beam
- Side Smash - Searing Beam
- Down Tilt - Flare
- Down Smash - Flare Storm
- B - Flash
- Up B - Coal
- Side B - Cannon
- Down B - Reflux

Garet
- Up Tilt - Fire
- Up Smash - Inferno
- Side Tilt - Heat Wave
- Side Smash - Liquefier
- Down Tilt - Eruption
- Down Smash - Pyroclasm
- B - Fever
- Up B - Spark (it's hard finding recovery Mars Djinn, ok?)
- Side B - Torch
- Down B - Scorch

That's the two fire Adepts, both in their base or "iconic" class, both with completely different movesets. And I shouldn't really have to stress how differently these two would play to anyone who has seen these moves in the game.

The best part is, this isn't even taking into account any of the multi-element classes or item classes yet. There is so much raw potential in the Golden Sun games! They translate so easily into so many different movesets (I could rearrange a lot of these so easily). Sakurai HAS to recognize this, right?
Yes, yes he has to. Otherwise, pitchforks will be brought out! :p Or maybe Isaac will just get angry or something. He was more volatile in GS: TLA then ever before!

Skull Splitter!

Last edited:

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, Isaac is definitely the character I'd most want to see playable. I really hope he's in.

@ N3ON N3ON
I'd like to be added to the support list as well, please :)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Discussion has kind of tamed down hasn't it?

Still glad to see more people coming forth and supporting Isaac for Smash 4!

To people reading this thread, who haven't played GS, I wholeheartedly recommend it!
(Forgive me for the spoilers! Don't read 'em!)

And other GS supporters and Isaac supporters for Smash who haven't posted, don't just lurk around, take part in the discussion!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Discussion has kind of tamed down hasn't it?

Still glad to see more people coming forth and supporting Isaac for Smash 4!

To people reading this thread, who haven't played GS, I wholeheartedly recommend it!
(Forgive me for the spoilers! Don't read 'em!)

And other GS supporters and Isaac supporters for Smash who haven't posted, don't just lurk around, take part in the discussion!
I think any time this thread starts to die down too much, I'm just going to post another unique moveset for another character.

The city of the Anemos hasn't yet come into play, even in Dark Dawn. Yet we know that the Tuaparing fly around on a giant city ship. Do you see some sort of clash between those two major powers at work?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think any time this thread starts to die down too much, I'm just going to post another unique moveset for another character.

The city of the Anemos hasn't yet come into play, even in Dark Dawn. Yet we know that the Tuaparing fly around on a giant city ship. Do you see some sort of clash between those two major powers at work?
That makes the story of the original characters even more viable! People say that the original characters are too powerful but isn't that the same story with the Dark Dawn characters who are easily level 45+ by the end of the game. Plus they have disbanded. Here we can bring Isaac, Garet, Felix and Sheba back in to the fray with latter 2 only fleetingly mentioned in the 3rd game, plus Sheba is the one with the closest connections to the Anemos considering her origins.

We definitely need to see an ancient Jupiter civilization. We have seen the Lemurians, the Proxians (not ancient civilization but definitely an indigenous Mars civilization), the last 2 Mercury Clan adepts, the town of Vale but the series needs something more. We were just retreading old paths in Dark Dawn with new people, with a few new things added.

I doubt the Tuaparang will conflict with the Anemos as they are said to be the moon, and no airship flies that high. Tuaparang is a military nation and no other nation has been shown to be extremely militaristic to rival Tuaparang especially considering the high damage to each nation post the events of Dark Dawn. Although Kalay may come in the picture as that is where many of our adept friends from Vale are and it is mentioned to have a military in the original Golden Sun.

What do you think? Although all this could happen only when the series is invigorated through a Golden Sun representation (through Isaac) in Smash. It is the perfect stage to revive the series!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That makes the story of the original characters even more viable! People say that the original characters are too powerful but isn't that the same story with the Dark Dawn characters who are easily level 45+ by the end of the game. Plus they have disbanded. Here we can bring Isaac, Garet, Felix and Sheba back in to the fray with latter 2 only fleetingly mentioned in the 3rd game, plus Sheba is the one with the closest connections to the Anemos considering her origins.

We definitely need to see an ancient Jupiter civilization. We have seen the Lemurians, the Proxians (not ancient civilization but definitely an indigenous Mars civilization), the last 2 Mercury Clan adepts, the town of Vale but the series needs something more. We were just retreading old paths in Dark Dawn with new people, with a few new things added.

I doubt the Tuaparang will conflict with the Anemos as they are said to be the moon, and no airship flies that high. Tuaparang is a military nation and no other nation has been shown to be extremely militaristic to rival Tuaparang especially considering the high damage to each nation post the events of Dark Dawn. Although Kalay may come in the picture as that is where many of our adept friends from Vale are and it is mentioned to have a military in the original Golden Sun.

What do you think? Although all this could happen only when the series is invigorated through a Golden Sun representation (through Isaac) in Smash. It is the perfect stage to revive the series!
We don't know how high up the Moon is in Weyard, though. We've seen the crater size, so we know that Weyard's moon is smaller than our own. It could be closer. It would hardly be the only impossibility in Weyard.

If the Tuaparang are out to conquer the world, they don't have a lot of opposition. They have a major military, they avoided the effects of the Umbra Tower, and they know a lot more about the secrets of Alchemy and the ancient civilizations. The Anemos may be the only ones who have a chance at standing on part to them. I'd love to bring the Anemos into the story. It would be such a cool section, heading to the moon and convincing them to help.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
We don't know how high up the Moon is in Weyard, though. We've seen the crater size, so we know that Weyard's moon is smaller than our own. It could be closer. It would hardly be the only impossibility in Weyard.

If the Tuaparang are out to conquer the world, they don't have a lot of opposition. They have a major military, they avoided the effects of the Umbra Tower, and they know a lot more about the secrets of Alchemy and the ancient civilizations. The Anemos may be the only ones who have a chance at standing on part to them. I'd love to bring the Anemos into the story. It would be such a cool section, heading to the moon and convincing them to help.
Well the Tuaparang are on an airship so their military can't be that "Large". Instead of asking the Anemos for military help, which is unlikely as they were not a militaristic nation but instead for secrets regarding these other towers like the Eclipse Tower and other machinations like the Apollo Lens to deter whatever scheme the Tuaparang come up with. Although going to the moon would be cool, probably the work of another tower or something. Plus considering all the factors the 3rd game added, it is going to take a heck of a game to solve all the loops and plug all the holes.

Considering other cities have been developed into countries post 30 years it won't be a far stretch to say that Tuaparang will meet with decent resistance. There were countries in the south, which Matt and party did not visit which were not affected by the Eclipse. Although we still have to see the damage control of that disaster.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
As a move, how do you lot think the utility Psynergy "Sand" would work? I could see it working somewhat similarly to Greninja's side special, Shadow Sneak, except Isaac could travel further whilst he is turned into sand. Also, if he were to use this move in the air, he could still move around, but would still be affected by gravity.

For those whom haven't seen Sand at work, watch the following video at 2:35.

What say you lot?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
As a move, how do you lot think the utility Psynergy "Sand" would work? I could see it working somewhat similarly to Greninja's side special, Shadow Sneak, except Isaac could travel further whilst he is turned into sand. Also, if he were to use this move in the air, he could still move around, but would still be affected by gravity.

What say you lot?
I pretty much agree. Unlike Greninja's, though, Isaac would not stay in place while using it. He would vanish, the lump of Sand would move around, and you'd have to attack that (much smaller) target to hit him at all.

There's the problem that Sand is Felix only though. Heck, the tablet isn't even there if you return to the chamber afterward (all the other elemental tablets remain after use, but not that one).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

What say you lot?
Yea I was thinking about sand being a sort of dodging move. Like instead of rolling out of the way or behind the opponent, Isaac turns into sand and moves out of the way/behind the opponent. That would be so freaking cool! Although I didn't mention it as canonically that move belongs to Felix with there being no way to make Isaac learn it (unless Felix teaches him like how Hama taught Ivan reveal).

I really don't see how it would work in the air though because the move is an exclusive ground based move. Still decent idea to incorporate more Venus based moves in the game!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I really don't see how it would work in the air though because the move is an exclusive ground based move. Still decent idea to incorporate more Venus based moves in the game!
Have you ever tried using Sand on a non-sandy area? You cast and it fizzles. It would probably give you minimal sideways movement yet otherwise fail. Plenty of moves are pretty bad if you use them in midair (Sing, anyone)?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Have you ever tried using Sand on a non-sandy area? You cast and it fizzles. It would probably give you minimal sideways movement yet otherwise fail. Plenty of moves are pretty bad if you use them in midair (Sing, anyone)?
Well that could work. Obviously I tried it, I have played GS tons of times!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yea I was thinking about sand being a sort of dodging move. Like instead of rolling out of the way or behind the opponent, Isaac turns into sand and moves out of the way/behind the opponent. That would be so freaking cool! Although I didn't mention it as canonically that move belongs to Felix with there being no way to make Isaac learn it (unless Felix teaches him like how Hama taught Ivan reveal).

Hmm, I had not thought of that. Making it a shield dodge roll would probably be a better way to represent the move.

I just thought it might be an interesting move, even though only Felix knows it in the games. But frankly, this would not have been the first time a character in Smash has been given a move that he/she never used in their respective game.

Top Bottom