• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think you spelled Alex and Sheba wrong :smirk:
I thought hard about Sheba, and I planned out a lot of the early work with her. But I felt I should at least recognize Dark Dawn, and I vastly prefer Sveta to Karis.

Alex, though.. We never get to even see him in a combat scene. The closest we get is his water spout move. Too ambiguous for me to use him to highlight "look at how awesome and unique all of Golden Sun's characters are", which was the entire point of the exercise.

The great thing about it is that these characters all play uniquely, and yet all perfectly fit their in-game move sets. It's a great demonstration of how you can pull straight from the game and get such awesome diversity.

Oh, and they also each have several dozen other moves that I haven't even listed. It's awesome.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Them's fightin' words! )8<

Naw, naw, it's all good, Isaac and Felix are friends in the end so I can forgive your transgression :p
I think the Golden Sun games actually do a really nice job of characterization through actions. I mean, Isaac spends the entire first game cleaning up everything that Saturos and Menardi wrecked, solving problems, and helping people.

Felix spends the entire second game stealing precious artifacts, looting sacred treasures, stealing boats... If it wasn't for Izumo, I don't think Felix and his party would have helped anyone expect themselves the entire game.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think the Golden Sun games actually do a really nice job of characterization through actions. I mean, Isaac spends the entire first game cleaning up everything that Saturos and Menardi wrecked, solving problems, and helping people.

Felix spends the entire second game stealing precious artifacts, looting sacred treasures, stealing boats... If it wasn't for Izumo, I don't think Felix and his party would have helped anyone expect themselves the entire game.
Haha nice way of putting it, albeit too negative towards Felix. Isaac is the nice guy who always helps people out plus his sidequests also involve doing the same. Like saving that guy trapped under the quest which is option or rescuing Hammet. Also I saw some clumsy actions on some occasions (not like Garet though) in the first game which made him even more likeable. I was playing Golden Sun again yesterday and at the Mercury Lighthouse at the last place where you descend to the top, Mia rides the waterfall gracefully whereas Isaac falls in the water and rides up flailing his arms :D Garet and Ivan follow him pretty normally not repeating his actions! That was awesome.

Felix on the other hand is also brave and a responsible leader but he follows Saturos and Menardi throughout the first game and in the 2nd game, he doesn't exactly keep stealing things but he does not emulate Isaac either. His path follows mainly the necessary things to get to the next lighthouse while avoiding Isaac and party. He does help out in some places though. How he manages to stay ahead of them throughout the whole thing though remains a mystery to me as Isaac gets the ship first.

Plus although in the 2nd game Isaac starts talking, we get to see how the journey has changed as he has matured as a leader plus become somewhat irritated at his failings in the 2nd game. Unable to beat Karst and Agatio, keep Jupiter lighthouse from lighting, unable to reach Lemuria, etc.

Also his lines post the final battle shows how he tries to keep going despite the sacrifices in order to save the world. A leader indeed.

Its either Isaac or no one. So I would go with the former.

Get lost Felix :p No offense but Isaac is going to get in Smash 4. This fight doesn't take place but might have if Felix hadn't explained himself properly, but I still doubt it.

Art by raemz-desu on deviantArt.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace

Oh c'mon, you're painting Felix's party in a negative light that is totally skewed XD Context is everything. They were not running around being villainous. And there are plenty of instances of them helping people. But yeah, Felix is basically the antihero to Isaac's hero role, so they're obviously going to have different approaches. Different strokes for different folks!

Also, how many lighthouses did Isaac jump off of to save somebody again? :awesome:

But no, seriously - obviously Isaac is the frontrunner for Smash, so there's no need to be defensive of him, I don't think anybody thinks Felix has a legitimate chance XD I would love Felix, personally, but yeah, obviously not going to happen. Le sigh.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
For some reason I always mix up Flint and Felix. So whenever someone suggests Felix I think "Isaac's 1st dijin? Seriously?" before remembering that his name is Flint. Although Flint would make a great trophy is Isaac was added to smash 4.
Or he could be with Isaac in a Rosalina-style moveset.:troll:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, seeing how most of the newcomers are characters who have recently had new games, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Matt become playable instead of Isaac.

I wouldn't actually mind, I like his design better. But of course nothing can beat bearded Isaac.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, seeing how most of the newcomers are characters who have recently had new games, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Matt become playable instead of Isaac.

I wouldn't actually mind, I like his design better. But of course nothing can beat bearded Isaac.
Well if want the older Isaac, he can come as a skin!

Or you can wish for this instead.

As long as Isaac makes it in the game, I don't mind his older version coming along. Because when Isaac will be the protagonist of Golden Sun 4 (I most dearly hope) he will appear like this.

Although obviously I want his younger self to make an appearance. Then in Smash 5, we can have his older self. Like how Ike (similar name guy) is buffed up in Smash 4, Radiant Dawn style compared to his earlier Path of Radiance appearance.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, young Isaac has already been in Smash, so maybe introducing adult Isaac would be some way to show he has "matured" enough to be playable :D

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, looking at Pac-man, who has his iconic look, I think young Isaac will be chosen if he is playable.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Well if want the older Isaac, he can come as a skin!

Or you can wish for this instead.

As long as Isaac makes it in the game, I don't mind his older version coming along. Because when Isaac will be the protagonist of Golden Sun 4 (I most dearly hope) he will appear like this.

Although obviously I want his younger self to make an appearance. Then in Smash 5, we can have his older self. Like how Ike (similar name guy) is buffed up in Smash 4, Radiant Dawn style compared to his earlier Path of Radiance appearance.
I have to say, as someone who has never played Golden Sun (I've been considering picking it up on the VC, but with school starting back and the schedule for new releases coming out for the rest of the year, I'll probably hold off for a while), I'm pretty much neutral on Isaac's inclusion. But if this design for him made it into the game, I would probably at the very least have him as a secondary. Nothing against young Isaac, but his adult appearance just plain looks awesome in my opinion.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, I was agreeing with you, actually.
Oh ok :D

I have to say, as someone who has never played Golden Sun (I've been considering picking it up on the VC, but with school starting back and the schedule for new releases coming out for the rest of the year, I'll probably hold off for a while), I'm pretty much neutral on Isaac's inclusion. But if this design for him made it into the game, I would probably at the very least have him as a secondary. Nothing against young Isaac, but his adult appearance just plain looks awesome in my opinion.
Definitely play Golden Sun. It is that amazing :D One of a kind RPG with a wondrous mixture of awesome elements that make RPGs great! I remember finishing Golden Sun 1, Golden Sun 2 and Dark Dawn on a roll with breaks only for essential stuff like sleeping and eating. They were that hooking for me, even despite Dark Dawn's overall lower quality.

Plus the storyline is awesome and there is the class variations to do. You probably learnt some stuff from this thread as well but just try it!

And yes, young or not, Isaac is awesome :D

Some people on Internet have made fanart of him as his older "grittier" self. Still want to see the young Isaac though.

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I'm relatively new to this thread and didn't really know who Isaac is when I first found this website, eventually, I can't remember where, I saw a moveset idea for Isaac and so I checked out this thread on smashboards and was eventually convinced to pick up Golden Sun. And I have to say I am in love with this game, I have been playing it non-stop and I'm hooked. I don't know if you guys have a support list but if you do, I would love to be added as I support Isaac in Smash 4 wholeheartedly

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey! I'm relatively new to this thread and didn't really know who Isaac is when I first found this website, eventually, I can't remember where, I saw a moveset idea for Isaac and so I checked out this thread on smashboards and was eventually convinced to pick up Golden Sun. And I have to say I am in love with this game, I have been playing it non-stop and I'm hooked. I don't know if you guys have a support list but if you do, I would love to be added as I support Isaac in Smash 4 wholeheartedly
Yes! One more mission accomplished! We got another person who didn't even know GS to root for Isaac in Smash 4!

That was what one person in this thread said would be better to do right!?

Well anyway, great to hear that you like the game so far. It is indeed the most hooking RPG I have played and a really good one too. Golden Sun 1 and 2 are amazing games and even if you hear that Dark Dawn is not that good, it is still a great game just not as good as the original 2 GBA games. I hope you enjoy the series! Also as a tip, if you want to unlock everything in the 2nd game (there is awesome stuff to unlock) collect all Djinn in the first game, do a password transfer to the 2nd and enjoy all your Djinn, items and stats transferred with your original party!

I think it's pretty evident who I want most from my avatar and sig. Sign me up for the support list.
Oh you have a Isaac summons judgement gif in your sig? I was looking all over for one on the net for my signature but couldn't find one. Well I think I will make a signature with Isaac summoning Catastrophe or doing Odyssey then :D

Let the Golden Sun rise again!

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm fairly new over here, too, but I'm sure nobody will be opposed to me welcoming you!

And nice move deciding to pick up Golden Sun. It's probably one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, guys, I'm finally at the final boss of Golden Sun! I completed all sidequests and everything, the only thing I didn't get was the Kikuichimonji and those Speedy shoes or whatever, I never was able to find any. I'll be able to finish off the game tonight. I'll play The Lost Age after I get a Wii U (by then it should be out).

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Yes! One more mission accomplished! We got another person who didn't even know GS to root for Isaac in Smash 4!

That was what one person in this thread said would be better to do right!?

Well anyway, great to hear that you like the game so far. It is indeed the most hooking RPG I have played and a really good one too. Golden Sun 1 and 2 are amazing games and even if you hear that Dark Dawn is not that good, it is still a great game just not as good as the original 2 GBA games. I hope you enjoy the series! Also as a tip, if you want to unlock everything in the 2nd game (there is awesome stuff to unlock) collect all Djinn in the first game, do a password transfer to the 2nd and enjoy all your Djinn, items and stats transferred with your original party!
Wow thanks for the advice I didn't know that I'm going to go find the Djinn I missed right now and yeah I will eventually pick up Dark Dawn especially since I am not going to want to stop after just 2 games!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
So, guys, I'm finally at the final boss of Golden Sun! I completed all sidequests and everything, the only thing I didn't get was the Kikuichimonji and those Speedy shoes or whatever, I never was able to find any. I'll be able to finish off the game tonight. I'll play The Lost Age after I get a Wii U (by then it should be out).
Awesome! Now get prepared for the most intense part of the game - copying down the gold password so you can transfer all of your stuff to The Lost Age, woooooooooooooooooh! :shades:

I am really excited to replay the GS games on the Wii U... once I get a Wii U, anyways XD Hoping for a sweet Smash bundle. C'moooon Smash bundle!

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Oh you have a Isaac summons judgement gif in your sig? I was looking all over for one on the net for my signature but couldn't find one. Well I think I will make a signature with Isaac summoning Catastrophe or doing Odyssey then :D

Let the Golden Sun rise again!
Look up the Summon you want on the Golden Sun Wiki, it might be there.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Anybody worried that we might get yet another Assist Trophy deconfirm tomorrow? Then again, two mondays are really not that much of a pattern...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Anybody worried that we might get yet another Assist Trophy deconfirm tomorrow? Then again, two mondays are really not that much of a pattern...
I'm not all that worried. Its unlikely the pattern will keep up. And if it does, Isaac is highly unlikely to be it.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It's been over a year now, I think it's safe to say Sakurai doesn't know what "pattern" means.

Also we probably won't see Isaac at all. If he's still an Assist Trophy, he will probably be unlockable just like he was in Brawl.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I can't see Sakurai not putting Isaac in as an Assist Trophy again, they'd basically be getting rid of the Golden Sun representation by removing him, and Sakurai has yet to remove a franchise from Smash.

If we don't see Isaac as an Assist Trophy or a playable character that could essentially confirm him as DLC. I'm unfortunately not very optimistic these days but I'm still hoping we get Isaac as a playable character.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
He was a cointoss to begin with. But he still has my full support. I freaking love the first two golden sun games and I would love to see a playable character from my childhood!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Awh man Older Isaac, I'd like that...
But Younger Issac has more alt choices with both Felix and Matthew

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Awh man Older Isaac, I'd like that...
But Younger Issac has more alt choices with both Felix and Matthew
I'd much rather have young Isaac, but if Snake is truly cut we have to have a beard on the roster.

Haik

Smash Rookie
So a bit ago folks were talking about victory poses and taunts, I wasn't on when that discussion was occurring, but I'd like to throw my thoughts into the mix. So awhile ago someone posts a taunt where Isaac levitates some pebbles above him, but then one drops on his head and he drops the rest. For whatever reason, that concept is just my favorite. I can totally see Isaac's face after that happens with one eye closed and a sheepish grin going on. It would be awesome.

As for victory poses, I don't have anything except I'd like to suggest that when Isaac loses instead of clapping like everyone else, he has his arms crossed or something and two pysnergy hands are clapping for him instead. Just a little thing that sets him apart slightly, but still fits with how the losing poses go.

Finally, since I haven't been on for a bit, I'd like to share with you a nightmarish thought that I had and am very disappointed in myself. So, get ready for this, Isaac gets confirmed. Best thing ever, right? Wrong, they made him generic swordsman! Now what?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So a bit ago folks were talking about victory poses and taunts, I wasn't on when that discussion was occurring, but I'd like to throw my thoughts into the mix. So awhile ago someone posts a taunt where Isaac levitates some pebbles above him, but then one drops on his head and he drops the rest. For whatever reason, that concept is just my favorite. I can totally see Isaac's face after that happens with one eye closed and a sheepish grin going on. It would be awesome.

As for victory poses, I don't have anything except I'd like to suggest that when Isaac loses instead of clapping like everyone else, he has his arms crossed or something and two pysnergy hands are clapping for him instead. Just a little thing that sets him apart slightly, but still fits with how the losing poses go.

Finally, since I haven't been on for a bit, I'd like to share with you a nightmarish thought that I had and am very disappointed in myself. So, get ready for this, Isaac gets confirmed. Best thing ever, right? Wrong, they made him generic swordsman! Now what?
Its better than nothing. Luckily, Sakurai hates generic swordsman, so either Isaac is playable and using a mix of Psynergy and/or Djinn with only a few sword attacks, or he's not playable at all. Those are basically the only two options. And considering the fact that Sakurai used Isaac's Move as an AT instead of anything else, I'd say Sakurai knows exactly Isaac's potential.

Haik

Smash Rookie
I know that if he's in he's going to be anything but generic, but I realized when I had the thought that I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Isaac not be in than have him be represented as a generic swordsman, which is saying a far amount for me because the hype is just so real.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
We need to host a prayer circle in the hopes that Isaac isn't tonight's Assist Trophy (assuming we're getting ATs every Monday now)

Hold my hand guys

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
We need to host a prayer circle in the hopes that Isaac isn't tonight's Assist Trophy (assuming we're getting ATs every Monday now)

Hold my hand guys
Ugh that would be awful especially after only just now joining his support thread! I don't even want to think of that, of course I still can't wait to see what the next trophy is!
I think I'll just join the prayer circle!

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Hm a bit out of the loop but who were the two characters deconfirmed as AT's on Mondays?

Also I'll join that prayer circle.

Top Bottom