• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd prefer something like Lift where Isaac lifts a rock underneath him, and when he lets it go it can drop onto foes below him. It could act as a decent move. The rock could probably be destroyed as well, but it'd take much longer to break than something like Villager's Balloons obviously.
I like this. While the Quake/Spire idea mentioned earlier may have been a bit more visually impressive, I do like that this brings in the overworld Psynergies.

But I still think his specials should involve Djinn, and Psynergy should be his standard attacks.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I'd prefer something like Lift where Isaac lifts a rock underneath him, and when he lets it go it can drop onto foes below him. It could act as a decent move. The rock could probably be destroyed as well, but it'd take much longer to break than something like Villager's Balloons obviously.
Hmm, that is actually a pretty good idea. I had not thought of it that way. That would definitely make Isaac stand out more. It would also be cool if Isaac was still able to perform normal attacks whilst standing on the floating boulder. Also, instead of having the boulder breakable, perhaps Isaac could be knocked off the boulder if he is hit hard enough.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like this. While the Quake/Spire idea mentioned earlier may have been a bit more visually impressive, I do like that this brings in the overworld Psynergies.

But I still think his specials should involve Djinn, and Psynergy should be his standard attacks.
My idea about his Up Special though has always involved him levitating a platform underneath him, and if he uses Djinn I think he'd use entirely Venus Djinn. There's no Djinn that do anything like that, at best, I can think of something like perhaps "Ground." What it does is ground enemies and stun them, but attacks sometimes do things differently from their original effect... maybe the grounding effect makes the rock lift up with him or something, I don't know.

After replaying Golden Sun and finally getting the Lift psynergy I thought that Lift would work instead. If he does use Djinn, I'd still like it to be the same effect, though. Lifting a platform up beneath him.

Hmm, that is actually a pretty good idea. I had not thought of it that way. That would definitely make Isaac stand out more. It would also be cool if Isaac was still able to perform normal attacks whilst standing on the floating boulder. Also, instead of having the boulder breakable, perhaps Isaac could be knocked off the boulder if he is hit hard enough.
Perhaps. I always figured a platform would work better anyway, not necessarily a boulder.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
My idea about his Up Special though has always involved him levitating a platform underneath him, and if he uses Djinn I think he'd use entirely Venus Djinn. There's no Djinn that do anything like that, at best, I can think of something like perhaps "Ground." What it does is ground enemies and stun them, but attacks sometimes do things differently from their original effect... maybe the grounding effect makes the rock lift up with him or something, I don't know.

After replaying Golden Sun and finally getting the Lift psynergy I thought that Lift would work instead. If he does use Djinn, I'd still like it to be the same effect, though. Lifting a platform up beneath him.
Geode. He lifts a giant boulder under him, then launches it. Several of the strike Djinn also have pretty massive jumps in their animation, so one of them could work.

There's also Vine, which could work like the Growth recovery which was discussed earlier.

The other problem with Lift is a pretty heft animation (double hands and the boulder).

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Geode. He lifts a giant boulder under him, then launches it. Several of the strike Djinn also have pretty massive jumps in their animation, so one of them could work.

There's also Vine, which could work like the Growth recovery which was discussed earlier.

The other problem with Lift is a pretty heft animation (double hands and the boulder).
Wouldn't Vine be great as a Tether Recovery?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Its possible Geode is from a different game, or I haven't gotten it yet. But that sounds cool, thanks. Geode sounds like he'd work.

I know about Vine, but I don't think that would happen.

Wouldn't Vine be great as a Tether Recovery?
I see Vine more likely to work THIS way, personally. Not necessarily Vine, though, it'd probably end up being Growth. He'd also be able to grab people with Vine/Growth and tangle them up as he pulls them in. It'd definitely be a unique grab as well.

EDIT: That said, I actually prefer the idea of Isaac using "Catch" as his Grab. :D He can catch opponents and catch a ledge as a Tether, but its just a hand instead of anything else. I think that'd fit Isaac better.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Its possible Geode is from a different game, or I haven't gotten it yet. But that sounds cool, thanks. Geode sounds like he'd work.
Geode is from The Lost Age, and is acquired fairly late in the game. Ironically enough, you need Lift to get him. His animation gathers the entire background of the current battle into an orb about twice the size of Isaac. It forms in front of him, drawing the image in from the bottom of the screen, as though it's coming from the ground. It then hovers in front of Isaac for about a second before he launches it at his foes. It's one of my favorite Djinn animations, and one of the most powerful Venus Attack Djinn.

I know about Vine, but I don't think that would happen.

I see Vine more likely to work THIS way, personally. Not necessarily Vine, though, it'd probably end up being Growth. He'd also be able to grab people with Vine/Growth and tangle them up as he pulls them in. It'd definitely be a unique grab as well.
Vine as a grab would be more in keeping with its game use.

EDIT: That said, I actually prefer the idea of Isaac using "Catch" as his Grab. :D He can catch opponents and catch a ledge as a Tether, but its just a hand instead of anything else. I think that'd fit Isaac better.
Agreed. Plus, this leaves the Djinn to just the specials, which allows us to work a summon mechanic in somewhere.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Geode is from The Lost Age, and is acquired fairly late in the game. Ironically enough, you need Lift to get him. His animation gathers the entire background of the current battle into an orb about twice the size of Isaac. It forms in front of him, drawing the image in from the bottom of the screen, as though it's coming from the ground. It then hovers in front of Isaac for about a second before he launches it at his foes. It's one of my favorite Djinn animations, and one of the most powerful Venus Attack Djinn.

Vine as a grab would be more in keeping with its game use.

Agreed. Plus, this leaves the Djinn to just the specials, which allows us to work a summon mechanic in somewhere.
Vine could potentially be a different Special for Isaac that tangles foes. Its a similar concept, while still allowing "Catch" to be Isaac's much more awesome grab. :D

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Vine could potentially be a different Special for Isaac that tangles foes. Its a similar concept, while still allowing "Catch" to be Isaac's much more awesome grab. :D
Does Isaac have too many moves? Between all the different Psynergy and Djinn, even restricting it to only Venus element, that is a lot of move potential.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does Isaac have too many moves? Between all the different Psynergy and Djinn, even restricting it to only Venus element, that is a lot of move potential.
Exactly. This is precisely why Isaac is such an amazing character choice. You KNOW a character has tons of potential just by the fact that the moveset can go 20 different ways and still be completely original and unique. That's why Isaac just makes such perfect sense.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Exactly. This is precisely why Isaac is such an amazing character choice. You KNOW a character has tons of potential just by the fact that the moveset can go 20 different ways and still be completely original and unique. That's why Isaac just makes such perfect sense.
Agreed. I saw this in the Chrom and Robin topics; Chrom had a ton of movesets that were extremely similar and Robin had about 15 or so that were completely different from one another.

Hopefully Sakurai thought highly enough of Isaac to play around with some movesets, because if he did I cannot see Sakurai tossing Isaac aside.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Huge Isaac supporter over here and happy to join you guys. Let's hope he has more luck this time.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Agreed. I saw this in the Chrom and Robin topics; Chrom had a ton of movesets that were extremely similar and Robin had about 15 or so that were completely different from one another.

Hopefully Sakurai thought highly enough of Isaac to play around with some movesets, because if he did I cannot see Sakurai tossing Isaac aside.
Plus we also can't forget unleashes. Psynergy is important but unleashes are also an iconic part of the game especially in the latter half of the games where the Unleash weapons are the strongest with the Sol Blade being the Infinity+1 Sword of the 2 games. Meggido and/or Titan Blade will both be visually impressive as well as powerful. Although they seem more like Final Smash material and I want Catastrophe for that.

Restricting Isaac to only Venus psynergy would represent him better but having him also do some moves from some of his dual/tri elemental classes would represent the other elements as well as the other djinni.

All in all, Sakurai can't ignore the huge range of moves Isaac brings. Heck I even finished one playthrough of Golden Sun 1 and 2 when I was little without even trying the dual/tri classes. And next time I did, it was almost a whole NEW game for me! That is how many moves the game contains. He needs to be there to represent a series which was once one of Nintendo's best and will disappear if left ignored., which would be an extremely big loss.

Read this thread, people at Nintendo, so many "Golden" ideas in here! As well as other places on the net asking for his inclusion!

Huge Isaac supporter over here and happy to join you guys. Let's hope he has more luck this time.
Welcome to the discussion! Every bit of support counts and hopefully it will make Nintendo realize (or has already made Nintendo realize, just under wraps) of Isaac as well as his series potential to be represented in the latest game.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The reason why I preferred Isaac being mono-elemental is that I wanted to save up the potential that other elements had for future newcomer candidates in the hypothetical scenario that Isaac was a playable character in Smash 4.

Smash has many powerful foes, but Isaac is no ordinary swordsman!

It's not really in his character but this would be so bad *** as a taunt:

What a Pimp.

Last edited:

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
First, why am I not in the supporters List? Is there a requirement I need to fulfill?

Second, I finished TBS a couple of weeks ago, and a couple of days ago I started TLA, and I have to say 3 things:
1. What an awesome game series!!!

I recently finished the Garoh Arc and I came across an interesting old man there, after Maha sent me to the inn and the new day dawned, this certain old man (in front of Mahas cave) said that there are other Were-creatures outside of Osenia, and he was curious if these Were-creatures could transform to something else than just werewolves (direct translation from the german text)..does this seem familiar to you people? Exactly, Sveta and the Beastmen of Belinsk!!! So, were creatures throughout Weyard used to be a common thing, but they vanished (only in some places like Garoh did they still exist), after the Golden Sun effect, those were creatures reappeared, and fount the Belinsk civilization! Just as DD said it happen!!
Any thought that Takahashi had all the Sveta conflict thought over way back in TLA times? (Since Sveta is said to be a fanservice character because of Garoh, so this might not be completely true!!)

Something people tend to forget about, after the flying ship is build, a woman (I think) in Contigo (or Mitdir XD) said that all nations or tribes of Atteka came to help build the wings and put them on the ship... the weird thing is, only Contigo is shown to exist on Atteka, so who or what are those Nations/Tribes? Well, as many people suggested, there where many more Towns in Weyard we just didn't visit, and the in game text also says that, so in DD its not that weird that there where all those Towns, that didn't exist in TBS before, so Takahashi, is making the new games, according to in game text!!
Well, that was long, but I wanted to praise the game, ask an interesting question and defend DD!!! XD

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
First, why am I not in the supporters List? Is there a requirement I need to fulfill?

Second, I finished TBS a couple of weeks ago, and a couple of days ago I started TLA, and I have to say 3 things:

2. I recently finished the Garoh Arc and I came across an interesting old man there, after Maha sent me to the inn and the new day dawned, this certain old man (in front of Mahas cave) said that there are other Were-creatures outside of Osenia, and he was curious if these Were-creatures could transform to something else than just werewolves (direct translation from the german text)..does this seem familiar to you people? Exactly, Sveta and the Beastmen of Belinsk!!! So, were creatures throughout Weyard used to be a common thing, but they vanished (only in some places like Garoh did they still exist), after the Golden Sun effect, those were creatures reappeared, and fount the Belinsk civilization! Just as DD said it happen!!
Any thought that Takahashi had all the Sveta conflict thought over way back in TLA times? (Since Sveta is said to be a fanservice character because of Garoh, so this might not be completely true!!)

3.Something people tend to forget about, after the flying ship is build, a woman (I think) in Contigo (or Mitdir XD) said that all nations or tribes of Atteka came to help build the wings and put them on the ship... the weird thing is, only Contigo is shown to exist on Atteka, so who or what are those Nations/Tribes? Well, as many people suggested, there where many more Towns in Weyard we just didn't visit, and the in game text also says that, so in DD its not that weird that there where all those Towns, that didn't exist in TBS before, so Takahashi, is making the new games, according to in game text!!
Well, that was long, but I wanted to praise the game, ask an interesting question and defend DD!!! XD
There is a list?

Good thinking about defending the 3rd game in the series. Although I still think that the portrayal of ancient civilization is a still bit off in Dark Dawn as the places exist like they have been there for all there time while technically the event is only a 30 years gap and they have just recently risen and dormant ruins have become thriving places. Also most of the places that we visit in Dark Dawn are from the first continent i.e. Angara which was visitable in the first game except the southern most coast which is unlocked in TLA. It might be that those were places that they haven't visited in the first game but still the portrayal could have been better plus the time gap was too short for all of this to occur. For me a sequel right after the rise of the Golden Sun would have presented a more engaging game where our previous party members influence the rise of civilization plus they witness the FIRST appearance of the Mourning Moon. Although DD has already released so can't do much about that.

I doubt that the Sveta conflict was premeditated all the way back in The Lost Age. As I see it, the 2 games were meant to be 1 single stand alone game but due to cartridge size restraints it was divided into 2. Together they were meant to form 1 complete story and the ending was relatively conclusive with hints of what could lay ahead. I still think Sveta is a nod back to Garoh but not necessarily a fan service character since the developers probably looked at various hints in the 2 games and built upon that but making ancient seeming civilizations kind of mooted the point. They are meant to be creatures who turned into these half human, half beast types with the rise of the Golden Sun. In a different topic, we still did not see much of the light and dark psynergy in action which is clearly meant for the sequel.

Talking about flying ships, they still need to solve the case of where Isaac's ship went! Heck it was even better than Piers' ship. It is like they totally forgot it existed. Where did he sell it!? Although I would like to wish that he has the ship with him somewhere and has disappeared with it in GS: DD and will have it in GS: 4 (Plus he would be playable).

Last edited:

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
There is a list?

Good thinking about defending the 3rd game in the series. Although I still think that the portrayal of ancient civilization is a still bit off in Dark Dawn as the places exist like they have been there for all there time while technically the event is only a 30 years gap and they have just recently risen and dormant ruins have become thriving places. Also most of the places that we visit in Dark Dawn are from the first continent i.e. Angara which was visitable in the first game except the southern most coast which is unlocked in TLA. It might be that those were places that they haven't visited in the first game but still the portrayal could have been better plus the time gap was too short for all of this to occur. For me a sequel right after the rise of the Golden Sun would have presented a more engaging game where our previous party members influence the rise of civilization plus they witness the FIRST appearance of the Mourning Moon. Although DD has already released so can't do much about that.

I doubt that the Sveta conflict was premeditated all the way back in The Lost Age. As I see it, the 2 games were meant to be 1 single stand alone game but due to cartridge size restraints it was divided into 2. Together they were meant to form 1 complete story and the ending was relatively conclusive with hints of what could lay ahead. I still think Sveta is a nod back to Garoh but not necessarily a fan service character since the developers probably looked at various hints in the 2 games and built upon that but making ancient seeming civilizations kind of mooted the point. And we still did not see much of the light and dark psynergy in action which is clearly meant for the sequel.

Talking about flying ships, they still need to solve the case of where Isaac's ship went! Heck it was even better than Piers' ship. It is like they totally forgot it existed. Where did he sell it!? Although I would like to wish that he has the ship with him somewhere and has disappeared with it in GS: DD and will have it in GS: 4 (Plus he would be playable).
Yep there is a list in page 1!!
I agree that those places popped out of nowhere, but most of them where described, Harapa was just some ruins, Ayuthay was in the dessert(not quite sure about that), Saha was founded later, same with Port Rago, Yamata was build after the destruction of Izumo, the Teppe and Konpa ruins were buried that's why they were so much damaged!
As I see it, only Harun and Belinsk came out of nowhere, but with Belinsk, people gathered back at those ruins (I assume, before the Beastmen build Belinsk, there were only ruins of the old city over Alchemy Dynamo, maybe those were the Ruins Lunpa stole the Grind Gem of some ancient ruins). Also, I am sure, people in Angara had legends of an ancient civilization in northern Angara just like the scholars in Tolbi new of the ancient civilization around Venus Lighthouse (I assume it was an ancient Egyptian based Venus Clan!)...
About Isaac's ship, Alex used it to reach Mt. Aleph. It is the only logical explanation since Karst and Agatio used their Ship to reach Prox and Mars-Lighthouse. Since if Alex is mind read, he reveals that its time to split from Karst and Agatio, how did he leave Atteka? By using Isaac's ship of course, since the Black Crystal was attached it was easy for him to steal it. Why Isaac never cared? Who knows? Maybe being so close to Jenna again deluded him?XD
Fan Fact: In the official Artwork of TLA, behind Felix and Co. the flying ship shown is not Piers' but Isaac's (Babi's)!!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yep there is a list in page 1!!
I agree that those places popped out of nowhere, but most of them where described, Harapa was just some ruins, Ayuthay was in the dessert(not quite sure about that), Saha was founded later, same with Port Rago, Yamata was build after the destruction of Izumo, the Teppe and Konpa ruins were buried that's why they were so much damaged!
As I see it, only Harun and Belinsk came out of nowhere, but with Belinsk, people gathered back at those ruins (I assume, before the Beastmen build Belinsk, there were only ruins of the old city over Alchemy Dynamo, maybe those were the Ruins Lunpa stole the of some ancient ruins). Also, I am sure, people in Angara had legends of an ancient civilization in northern Angara just like the scholars in Tolbi new of the ancient civilization around Venus Lighthouse (I assume it was an ancient Egyptian based Venus Clan!)...
About Isaac's ship, Alex used it to reach Mt. Aleph. It is the only logical explanation since Karst and Agatio used their Ship to reach Prox and Mars-Lighthouse. Since if Alex is mind read, he reveals that its time to split from Karst and Agatio, how did he leave Atteka? By using Isaac's ship of course, since the Black Crystal was attached it was easy for him to steal it. Why Isaac never cared? Who knows? Maybe being so close to Jenna again deluded him?XD
Fan Fact: In the official Artwork of TLA, behind Felix and Co. the flying ship shown is not Piers' but Isaac's (Babi's)!!
Haha delusion due to Jenna. But seriously, if you transfer your data from the original Golden Sun then when you get Isaac in your party then he will have the Black Crystal on him. So the ship will not be controllable. But this crystal serves no purpose whatsoever since the ship is missing and not even a SINGLE reference is given to it. It was like the developers were in a rush for the storyline and that point and omitted it normally. When they are supposed to wonder which ship to take, they just get into Piers ship and forget that Babi's ship ever existed. Plus even if Alex took it (not possible with given explanation) they would find it later. I never noticed Babi's ship in the official artwork, got to check it out.

The ancient civilizations seemed more like retconning to me as they made 'em and then attached it to references of the past. For me mainly the city of Yamata as it was obviously Izumo and made much sense. The rest could have been more plausible if the time leap was bigger. Heck all of the original characters have been exposed to the Golden Sun so have pretty extended lifespans so it could have been done. Weird, looking at it Matthew will age faster than his dad.

That is why I liked the original game the best. It had the least holes in its plot whereas TLA added some more. Basically Isaac and party had the ship first but were still late to all the places Felix visited whereas he got his ship pretty late relatively speaking. And they got no level ups throughout the the whole time. I even remember taking Isaac back to Lemuria if he would get some special dialogues but none (referring to the somewhat of a rush post 8 member team). But it is an older game where technology was limited to now so its fine as the 2nd game was still epic.

Still I would like the Golden Sun to rise again before the Mourning moon truly mourns the end of the series. So let's root for Isaac for Super Smash Bros. 4 AND GS 4 to save the franchise from sinking into the hole the creators have created.

I just thought of Isaac and party vs. Tuaparang (if they are still the antagonists). Epic! Plus we still have Alex to deal with wherever he is.

And me to that list, thread creator!

And by the way sorry, I kind of have a bad habit of creating walls of text.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
To be honest, I don't care anymore if Isaac isn't revealed, because Sakurai can do anything at this point.
Note: I would be okay if he is in the game because he used to be my most looked forward to newcomer. But Sakurai is too unpredictable to try and guess if Isaac will be deconfirmed, or is confirmed.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
To be honest, I don't care anymore if Isaac isn't revealed, because Sakurai can do anything at this point.
Note: I would be okay if he is in the game because he used to be my most looked forward to newcomer. But Sakurai is too unpredictable to try and guess if Isaac will be deconfirmed, or is confirmed.
Yea we already know its kind of too late for him to added now if he isn't there but we are all hoping that he was added and would soon be revealed. Our main argument is mainly his awesomeness, large moveset, series potential + once huge popularity, and finally he hasn't been dis-confirmed yet.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

2. I recently finished the Garoh Arc and I came across an interesting old man there, after Maha sent me to the inn and the new day dawned, this certain old man (in front of Mahas cave) said that there are other Were-creatures outside of Osenia, and he was curious if these Were-creatures could transform to something else than just werewolves (direct translation from the german text)..does this seem familiar to you people? Exactly, Sveta and the Beastmen of Belinsk!!! So, were creatures throughout Weyard used to be a common thing, but they vanished (only in some places like Garoh did they still exist), after the Golden Sun effect, those were creatures reappeared, and fount the Belinsk civilization! Just as DD said it happen!!

3.Something people tend to forget about, after the flying ship is build, a woman (I think) in Contigo (or Mitdir XD) said that all nations or tribes of Atteka came to help build the wings and put them on the ship... the weird thing is, only Contigo is shown to exist on Atteka, so who or what are those Nations/Tribes? Well, as many people suggested, there where many more Towns in Weyard we just didn't visit, and the in game text also says that, so in DD its not that weird that there where all those Towns, that didn't exist in TBS before, so Takahashi, is making the new games, according to in game text!!
You might want to put those in a spoiler tag, since it contains info that others might not have known in the game before playing it.

And that is a nice list.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
By the way, this is slightly off topic but is it just me or Shovel Knight resembles Judgement?

Judgement

Shovel Knight

Well still rooting for Isaac for Smash 4.

Megaman, Little Mac and Pacman are in! Bring the no. 5th guy Isaac. Don't know who is standing in front of him though.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
By the way, this is slightly off topic but is it just me or Shovel Knight resembles Judgement?

Judgement

Shovel Knight

Megaman, Little Mac and Pacman are in! Bring the no. 5th guy Isaac. Don't know who is standing in front of him though.
That would be Mewtwo, in a trench coat, fedora, and mustache to sneak in.

Also, I now want a Judgement skin DLC for Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That would be Mewtwo, in a trench coat, fedora, and mustache to sneak in.

Also, I now want a Judgement skin DLC for Shovel Knight.
Haha. I still have to play Shovel Knight. Can't wait to get my hands on it! Judgement skin for Shovel Knight! Or Shovel Knight skin for Judgement :p

No way, Mewtwo doesn't look like that AT ALL.
Hey I found another pic from the same guy I guess. That is Mewtwo!

Above King Dedede!

By the way, both the comics are made by xeternalflamebryx on DeviantArt. Just giving credit to the guy who made this.

No Isaac in this picture. He is already fit enough to be in Smash 4 :D

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

Is it sad that this comic is the closest thing we have to a hint at Isaac's inclusion?:ohwell:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So would Isaac's custom moves be themed after the other elements?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Ooh, I like that idea. But there are four elements, and only three move variations. Which one would get left out?

Maybe

^ - Wind and Water
- Fire and Water
> Wind and Fire
V Water and Fire

hmmm....

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Maybe

^ - Wind and Water
- Fire and Water
> Wind and Fire
V Water and Fire

hmmm....
Let's see:

^ Cyclone (good loft, AOE damage around cast point) and that water spout Alex gets (huge height, but strictly vertical, damage to anyone caught in it, but tiny hitbox)
- Fireball (heavy damage) and Douse (Meteor Smash)
> Gale Slash (great range) and Fireball (better power and AOE)
V Supercool (chance to freeze, good area) and Pyroclasm (very heavy damage)

My gosh, making movesets for Isaac is so easy. So much fun. I want to do more.

I just realized, I was building a Psynergy set there, when customizations go to Specials, which I still feel should be Djinn (I want Psynergy for his standards).

So...

^ Whorl (best loft, lowest damage) and Chill (chance to freeze foes in range)
- Char (extra hitstun) and Serac (chance to freeze, heavy knockback, low damage and range)
> Squall (extra hitstun) and Cannon (huge range)
V Summon Water Summons, chance to freeze. Summon Fire Summons, heavier damage and knockback.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01

Number 4 is 100% Mewtwo. Look at his feet and his tail in front of Isaacs face. Because he wasnt in brawl he tries to get a chance as someone else.

By the way i really want Isaac and Mewtwo as playable in Smash 4. So add me to the supporter!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Number 4 is 100% Mewtwo. Look at his feet and his tail in front of Isaacs face. Because he wasnt in brawl he tries to get a chance as someone else.

By the way i really want Isaac and Mewtwo as playable in Smash 4. So add me to the supporter!
Are you kidding or just stupid? That looks nothing like Mewtwo! Mewtwo doesn't have a mustache.
I'm being 110% sarcastic.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Interestingly, the 3 people in the front of the line have been introduced and in the exact same order. Megaman, then Little Mac and finally Pac Man. Now just give us Mewtwo and Isaac. I would obviously prefer Isaac more :p

I am not really good in deciding directional specials but here are some of the moves I would like to see that are not from Isaac's mono elemental class.

1) Summon Dullahan - Jupiter (you know you want to give credit to the strongest monster of the game :p)
2) Planetary - Mars(dragon Head version of Planet Diver)
3) Plume Edge - Mercury
4) Death Leap - Jupiter
5) Epicenter - Mars
6) Thunderhead - Jupiter
7) Thunder mine - Jupiter
Oh and Punji Strike from the Ninja series. Although it is a Venus type psynergy.

Sorry am a bit biased towards Jupiter based psynergy. But all of these moves are amazing choices as great offensive moves. Plus they look cool :D

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Interestingly, the 3 people in the front of the line have been introduced and in the exact same order. Megaman, then Little Mac and finally Pac Man. Now just give us Mewtwo and Isaac. I would obviously prefer Isaac more :p

I am not really good in deciding directional specials but here are some of the moves I would like to see that are not from Isaac's mono elemental class.

1) Summon Dullahan - Jupiter (you know you want to give credit to the strongest monster of the game :p)
2) Planetary - Mars(dragon Head version of Planet Diver)
3) Plume Edge - Mercury
4) Death Leap - Jupiter
5) Epicenter - Mars
6) Thunderhead - Jupiter
7) Thunder mine - Jupiter
Oh and Punji Strike from the Ninja series. Although it is a Venus type psynergy.

Sorry am a bit biased towards Jupiter based psynergy. But all of these moves are amazing choices as great offensive moves. Plus they look cool :D
I actually spent most of my day developing movesets for Jenna, Mia, and Sveta so we could cover all the elements. But I figured it was too off topic from Isaac to post them in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom