• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. It's just a feeling I have.

Although I suppose since a newcomer is likely during the upcoming Direct(s), they could show some of that stuff off then as well.
Supposing is the worst thing that you can do about Sakurai.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, I finally decided to join the discussion and wow, it makes me so happy that there are others who want Isaac as a playable character. So many great ideas here and SO much potential for Isaac. I truly hope he is in!
@ N3ON N3ON Sign me up in the support list! :)

Makes me wonder sometimes if some (or all) of these "leaks" that we get are given to us on purpose. Like Sakurai is using these to troll and hype us up for the game. He has done it before (not the leaks, the hype and trolling) with Brawl and I have to say, what I remember back during the time before Brawl came out is happening all over again now.
I highly doubt it. The hype campaign seems very carefully orchestrated, and I don't think they'd let something haphazard like a leak be a part of that. Especially since some fans wouldn't believe it, so it wouldn't build hype as evenly.

Although if it was, then it seems like the entire purpose of the leak was to blow the second leak out of the water in order to increase hype again. If you follow any of the major information revealing groups (like GameXplain), you can see a huge resurgence in hype after the Robin reveal.

Supposing is the worst thing that you can do about Sakurai.
Blind hope hasn't gotten me far in the past. I just want something to latch onto that tells me that Isaac is in game.

Ridley has all the evidence he needs, I'm pretty much sure he's in. But Isaac, my most wanted newcomer, has nothing.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Ridley has all the evidence he needs, I'm pretty much sure he's in. But Isaac, my most wanted newcomer, has nothing.
The thing is that there are many characters that are 100 % going to be in the game despite the few or inexistent content show of those series.

Ridley as i said before is just a smart move of Sakurai wich could turn in Ridley being playable or not.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So, I finally decided to join the discussion and wow, it makes me so happy that there are others who want Isaac as a playable character. So many great ideas here and SO much potential for Isaac. I truly hope he is in!
@ N3ON N3ON Sign me up in the support list! :)

Makes me wonder sometimes if some (or all) of these "leaks" that we get are given to us on purpose. Like Sakurai is using these to troll and hype us up for the game. He has done it before (not the leaks, the hype and trolling) with Brawl and I have to say, what I remember back during the time before Brawl came out is happening all over again now.
Welcome to the boards! Nice to another Isaac supporter in this thread!

Hmm well it is often rumoured that some companies strategically "leak" some information to create excitement or subsequently go against the same "leak" to build even more excitement. Although I doubt that is the case with Nintendo as leaks are a serious affair there and they have a reputation of being pretty secretive when time needs. I kind of agree with what Skyblade12 said.

Blind hope hasn't gotten me far in the past. I just want something to latch onto that tells me that Isaac is in game.

Which is quite a sad thing indeed. A game character which was so widely requested was not included in Melee, got only a cameo in Brawl and is now clinging for support in the 4th game - Smash 4(Gosh we needed a proper name for it). Nintendo has forgotten Golden Sun which I have loved more than any other Final Fantasy game which does not seem to be gracing its consoles lately. Nintendo has gotten something back for its homemade RPGs with the launch of Xenoblade Chronicles and now X, but they need one more IP and Golden Sun is the one they should pick. The story is there, the mechanics are there, the epicness is there plus the fans are STILL there!

Still keeping my fingers crossed and looking forward to an Isaac reveal - as a playable challenger/newcomer character!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Greninja is a character from a pre-existing IP, so a lot of his stuff is just "Pokémon reveals", not "Greninja reveals". And we have gotten a lot of extra Namco/Pac-Man stuff since. That's my point.
That's not my point though, my point is content pertaining to the series can obviously be revealed along with the character in the reveal trailer.

If we have a character from a pre-existing IP, then all their stuff can already be revealed, since anything tied to the IP can be tied to the character.
But the stuff isn't as important to reveal as the character, otherwise they'd get equal attention on the site and with promotion.

If we have a character from a new IP, we will have a lot of stuff associated with them that we haven't seen yet.
Like Little Mac and WFT, right? :rolleyes:

This is an arbitrary non-existent rule you seem to be adhering to. The non-character content doesn't matter as much as the character itself, especially for promotion, why would it all have to be revealed prior to release? There's no prerequisite for extra content being a necessity to unveil a certain amount of time after the new IP, otherwise several series already would've broken that.

In fact if we hypothetically got a new IP revealed tomorrow there'd be just as much remaining time to reveal an AT, items, enemies, etc. from that series as there would be from Punch-Out. If a series that like hasn't received anything past the character and the stage since February, why would a new IP have to get all that content in the next few weeks? It doesn't make any sense, as long as the character is revealed, that stuff is all secondary.

If we for example get the character and one stage from the IP in the trailer, why do we need all that other stuff revealed too? It's not as important, and we've already confirmation the IP will be represented.

Ridley is more likely because there's already a ton of Metroid stuff. DK is more likely because there's already a ton of Donkey Kong stuff. Heck, even Paper Mario is more likely because of all the Mario stuff.

Shulk or Isaac have nothing.
That doesn't make any sense considering the trailer can reveal any and all content from the series Sakurai is inclined to reveal. The majority of the trailer is a mix of CG and the character fighting on many stages anyway, it's not like trailers focus specifically on all the content from the series, they just focus on that character, everything else takes a backseat.

Olimar was the last newcomer revealed pre-release for Brawl, the same month the game would release in Japan, iirc there was no Pikmin content revealed prior to him, and that worked out fine.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The thing is that there are many characters that are 100 % going to be in the game despite the few or inexistent content show of those series.
Care to give examples?

Which is quite a sad thing indeed. A game character which was so widely requested was not included in Melee, got only a cameo in Brawl and is now clinging for support in the 4th game - Smash 4(Gosh we needed a proper name for it). Nintendo has forgotten Golden Sun which I have loved more than any other Final Fantasy game which does not seem to be gracing its consoles lately. Nintendo has gotten something back for its homemade RPGs with the launch of Xenoblade Chronicles and now X, but they need one more IP and Golden Sun is the one they should pick. The story is there, the mechanics are there, the epicness is there plus the fans are STILL there!

Still keeping my fingers crossed and looking forward to an Isaac reveal - as a playable challenger/newcomer character!
Keeping our fingers crossed is all we have. :(

That's not my point though, my point is content pertaining to the series can obviously be revealed along with the character in the reveal trailer.

But the stuff isn't as important to reveal as the character, otherwise they'd get equal attention on the site and with promotion.

Like Little Mac and WFT, right? :rolleyes:

This is an arbitrary non-existent rule you seem to be adhering to. The non-character content doesn't matter as much as the character itself, especially for promotion, why would it all have to be revealed prior to release? There's no prerequisite for extra content being a necessity to unveil a certain amount of time after the new IP, otherwise several series already would've broken that.

In fact if we hypothetically got a new IP revealed tomorrow there'd be just as much remaining time to reveal an AT, items, enemies, etc. from that series as there would be from Punch-Out. If a series that like hasn't received anything past the character and the stage since February, why would a new IP have to get all that content in the next few weeks? It doesn't make any sense, as long as the character is revealed, that stuff is all secondary.

If we for example get the character and one stage from the IP in the trailer, why do we need all that other stuff revealed too? It's not as important, and we've already confirmation the IP will be represented.

That doesn't make any sense considering the trailer can reveal any and all content from the series Sakurai is inclined to reveal. The majority of the trailer is a mix of CG and the character fighting on many stages anyway, it's not like trailers focus specifically on all the content from the series, they just focus on that character, everything else takes a backseat.

Olimar was the last newcomer revealed pre-release for Brawl, the same month the game would release in Japan, iirc there was no Pikmin content revealed prior to him, and that worked out fine.
Yeah, I guess you're right there. It still feels frustrating that we have nothing but hope to cling to.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, we're at most 1 month away from knowing the truth about Isaac. In the mean time, there's still that character reveal trailer(s) that Sakurai mentioned left, so it may well be our last hope (unless there are secret characters and they have no trailers of their own).

At this point, I just wish for an increase in Golden Sun representation, whatever it is.

That said, I still hold out hope for Isaac. It ain't over till it's over. :smirk:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, we're at most 1 month away from knowing the truth about Isaac. In the mean time, there's still that character reveal trailer(s) that Sakurai mentioned left, so it may well be out last hope (unless there are secret characters and they have no trailers of their own).

At this point, I just wish for an increase in Golden Sun representation, whatever it is.

That said, I still hold out hope for Isaac. It ain't over till it's over. :smirk:
We only have a month left for Isaac reveals. We've given Nintendo years, and they haven't shown us anything. We're down to our last month of chances.

Gah, I'm getting depressed. Need something to cheer me up.

Another theme I want to hear in-game, alongside Isaac's and the Lighthouse themes.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Well, we're at most 1 month away from knowing the truth about Isaac. In the mean time, there's still that character reveal trailer(s) that Sakurai mentioned left, so it may well be out last hope (unless there are secret characters and they have no trailers of their own).

Same goes for all of us. It's good to note that not many people know about Isaac and Sakurai is probably aware of this. He probably wants to reveal characters that people will know and get hyped about first. There is also a possibility that Isaac might be in a trailer that's not his own. Like if Shulk is going to be revealed (if he is in), he could be joining up with Isaac as well. Either Sakurai is waiting for the right time to show off Isaac or there really wasn't anything to show at all. Obviously, I'm hoping he does get revealed.

I though about what trailers that would be put out and it wouldn't surprise me if we get a villain trailer either this month or next. What would be cool to see (but highly doubt it) is that the trailer will have 2 parts. At the end as all the villains are wreaking havoc, 2 or more newcomers (and veterans too) are shown, but we can't see them. Next trailer, we see that Isaac is part of the gang to help out. Not going to happen, but that would be the coolest thing ever.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
We only have a month left for Isaac reveals. We've given Nintendo years, and they haven't shown us anything. We're down to our last month of chances.

Gah, I'm getting depressed. Need something to cheer me up.

Another theme I want to hear in-game, alongside Isaac's and the Lighthouse themes.
Nintendo better deliver on those years!

Plus I would love to see Jenna's theme in the game as well. It was kinda surprising as well as different when you get to hear Jenna's theme when you start out Golden Sun: TLA and then it gets replaced by Felix's tune. I prefer Jenna's.

Same goes for all of us. It's good to note that not many people know about Isaac and Sakurai is probably aware of this. He probably wants to reveal characters that people will know and get hyped about first. There is also a possibility that Isaac might be in a trailer that's not his own. Like if Shulk is going to be revealed (if he is in), he could be joining up with Isaac as well. Either Sakurai is waiting for the right time to show off Isaac or there really wasn't anything to show at all. Obviously, I'm hoping he does get revealed.

I though about what trailers that would be put out and it wouldn't surprise me if we get a villain trailer either this month or next. What would be cool to see (but highly doubt it) is that the trailer will have 2 parts. At the end as all the villains are wreaking havoc, 2 or more newcomers (and veterans too) are shown, but we can't see them. Next trailer, we see that Isaac is part of the gang to help out. Not going to happen, but that would be the coolest thing ever.
Yea I doubt Isaac would be in a reveal of his own considering his Golden Age was around 2001 and 2002 much before Dark Dawn which was not much of a "dawn" for the series and was mostly "dark" for the series. Still revealing him alongside Shulk or other character which is not as massive as Ridley or Mewtwo would still give him decent exposure. And the reveal would still be epic!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it's any consolation should GS get even one more title I can't imagine it would still be in the position of getting passed over for the next Smash, what with the popularity mixed with the longevity, volume, and impact of the series and with the recency of the new iteration, if that's still the way Sakurai is leaning.

Assuming he doesn't get in this time ofc.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Nintendo better deliver on those years!

Plus I would love to see Jenna's theme in the game as well. It was kinda surprising as well as different when you get to hear Jenna's theme when you start out Golden Sun: TLA and then it gets replaced by Felix's tune. I prefer Jenna's.
I also think Jenna's is one of the most fitting for Smash. It's such a light-hearted theme, it goes well with the current aesthetic they have going.

At least you can get the theme back once you can pull Felix out of your party.

Yea I doubt Isaac would be in a reveal of his own considering his Golden Age was around 2001 and 2002 much before Dark Dawn which was not much of a "dawn" for the series and was mostly "dark" for the series. Still revealing him alongside Shulk or other character which is not as massive as Ridley or Mewtwo would still give him decent exposure. And the reveal would still be epic!
I think we're going to get another 2-in-1 newcomer video for sure. If there's an upcoming newcomer vid with only one newcomer, I think it's going to be a Ridley vs. Mewtwo vid.

If it's any consolation should GS get even one more title I can't imagine it would still be in the position of getting passed over for the next Smash, what with the popularity mixed with the longevity, volume, and impact of the series and with the recency of the new iteration, if that's still the way Sakurai is leaning.

That seems like a big "if" at this point, though. Which sucks. :cry:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Hey, I thought I read somewhere that all newcomer trailers would be available to watch from the start of the game. So maybe we'll know before release? Of course, I'm not sure where I read it, so...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

The problem that this has become somewhat of a catch-22 position. Golden Sun has become less popular which has decreased its chance of representation which for a reason Nintendo only knows wasn't included in its prime, when it was much more popular than Xenoblade Chronicles is now. Because of this less popularity as well, Nintendo is apprehensive of releasing a new Golden Sun game especially after some backlash that Dark Dawn got.

Fortunately, the popularity issue for the series can be resolved by a representation in Smash through Isaac and thus give new life to the series. It is just that Nintendo needs to have realized and must be willing one small risk/effort to put this series in the game to appease long time fans as well as increase chances of success for the next game.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey, I thought I read somewhere that all newcomer trailers would be available to watch from the start of the game. So maybe we'll know before release? Of course, I'm not sure where I read it, so...
I read that somewhere too. I think he meant that all the trailer reveals that he has shown us and will show will all be available to watch in the game. Just like Snake's and Sonic's trailer videos were in Brawl.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I read that somewhere too. I think he meant that all the trailer reveals that he has shown us and will show will all be available to watch in the game. Just like Snake's and Sonic's trailer videos were in Brawl.
They were? Where?

The problem that this has become somewhat of a catch-22 position. Golden Sun has become less popular which has decreased its chance of representation which for a reason Nintendo only knows wasn't included in its prime, when it was much more popular than Xenoblade Chronicles is now. Because of this less popularity as well, Nintendo is apprehensive of releasing a new Golden Sun game especially after some backlash that Dark Dawn got.

Fortunately, the popularity issue for the series can be resolved by a representation in Smash through Isaac and thus give new life to the series. It is just that Nintendo needs to have realized and must be willing one small risk/effort to put this series in the game to appease long time fans as well as increase chances of success for the next game.
They ended up keeping Marth and Roy in Melee overseas, and they had no popularity in the west. And how popular was Pit before Brawl?

What I'm trying to say is that popularity isn't everything. No one asked for WFT, after all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Popularity is really all that's keeping Isaac demand afloat, so popularity most definitely isn't everything, but it's pretty much the main thing Isaac still has, and if GS4 hypothetically doesn't do too great again... it'll once more be the main thing he has next time as well.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Popularity is really all that's keeping Isaac demand afloat, so popularity most definitely isn't everything, but it's pretty much the main thing Isaac still has, and if GS4 hypothetically doesn't do too great again... it'll once more be the main thing he has next time as well.
Popularity is definitely not everything but right now that is one of the only reasons for his inclusion in Smash 4. The other reason is awesome diversity and epic moveset as well him being the "poster boy" of one the best series Nintendo had made during the GBA generation. Which has now been re-released for current gamers on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Dark Dawn is definitely not helping his or even Matthew's case.

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
If Eye sack and She hulk were revealed in the same trailer the hype would be uncontrollable.
Auto correct messed up the names and they are way too hilarious to change.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dark Dawn is definitely not helping his or even Matthew's case.
I disagree, Dark Dawn definitely did help his case, because without it the series wouldn't even have any claim of recency, the last title would've been over a decade ago, and Isaac's popularity would be much less than it is now believe it or not.

It certainly could've helped his case more in a perfect world, but its kept the series afloat, which is still important, especially with the focus Sakurai has put on recency with SSB4.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I disagree, Dark Dawn definitely did help his case, because without it the series wouldn't even have any claim of recency, the last title would've been over a decade ago, and Isaac's popularity would be much less than it is now believe it or not.

It certainly could've helped his case more in a perfect world, but its kept the series afloat, which is still important, especially with the focus Sakurai has put on recency with SSB4.
Ok I worded my statement wrong. I do understand your point. Dark Dawn definitely did not help the case ENOUGH. It did bring recency to the series but it didn't bring enough positive exposure the series needed to stay afloat. Heck even the creators are saying that a sequel would require a lot of effort when the ending is begging for a sequel.

Yea Isaac's popularity would have been lower without Dark Dawn that is for sure. But not much lower than it is now. Although without Dark Dawn he would have had a chance as a retro-ish game character in need of revival. Eye Sack definitely needs a spot now.

The best case scenario is that Golden Sun 4 is already in development and Isaac will be announced soon as a candidate from the next game plus as a character from the previous games.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
No matter what happens in sb4, at least we will have Isaac on his way in ssf2 and possibly Project M.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ok I worded my statement wrong. I do understand your point. Dark Dawn definitely did not help the case ENOUGH. It did bring recency to the series but it didn't bring enough positive exposure the series needed to stay afloat. Heck even the creators are saying that a sequel would require a lot of effort when the ending is begging for a sequel.

Yea Isaac's popularity would have been lower without Dark Dawn that is for sure. But not much lower than it is now. Although without Dark Dawn he would have had a chance as a retro-ish game character in need of revival. Eye Sack definitely needs a spot now.

The best case scenario is that Golden Sun 4 is already in development and Isaac will be announced soon as a candidate from the next game plus as a character from the previous games.
On the contrary, without DD I suspect Isaac would be in the same boat popularity-wise as characters who had notable Brawl popularity but haven't received a title since then, like Ray MK, Andy, Claus, or maybe at most popularity comparable to like Lyn this time around or something, because he was fairly popular last time, and that would still carry over a bit, though without DD, not much.

Really much of the popularity stems from expectation, and I doubt many outside the diehard Isaac supporters would be expecting Isaac or any GS character if we hadn't received a title since Brawl.

I also don't think he'd be old enough to be considered retro, given that Sakurai has only ever classified NES and Gameboy characters under the "classic" category.

No matter what happens in sb4, at least we will have Isaac on his way in ssf2 and possibly Project M.
I'd be very surprised if Isaac didn't eventually make it into Project M.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
On the contrary, without DD I suspect Isaac would be in the same boat popularity-wise as characters who had notable Brawl popularity but haven't received a title since then, like Ray MK, Andy, Claus, or maybe at most popularity comparable to like Lyn this time around or something, because he was fairly popular last time, and that would still carry over a bit, though without DD, not much.

Really much of the popularity stems from expectation, and I doubt many outside the diehard Isaac supporters would be expecting Isaac or any GS character if we hadn't received a title since Brawl.

I also don't think he'd be old enough to be considered retro, given that Sakurai has only ever classified NES and Gameboy characters under the "classic" category.

I'd be very surprised if Isaac didn't eventually make it into Project M.
Yea that is why I said retro-ish not retro. His game is was in a unique period, not old enough to be metro and not close enough to be modern or even close to modern. I always thought that his popularity would have been more than Lyn's who is a great character but Golden Sun in its peak easily sold more than Lyndis' game i.e. Blazing Sword. Although I can see why her popularity could persist despite her not appearing due to there being a continuous stream of Fire Emblem games and her latest appearance as a DLC character in Awakening.

Still Isaac is at a weird crossroads right now. This game is most likely his best chance at making it into Smash looking at current circumstances while not assuming anything about the future of the Golden Sun series. Plus there won't be another Smash game for another 4- 6 years during which his popularity may or may not decrease depending upon the future of the series.

Him in Project M would be great but an official representation would be phenomenal not only for Smash player for getting a diverse character but for GS fans to have more hope for the continuation of the series.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I see Isaac's gameplay focused around edge guarding where he uses Move and Earthquake to keep characters cornered near the side of the stage where they can easily get KO'ed from.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Was there any new franchise in Smash history that JUST got a character and no AT or stage?
Well before there were ATs Captain Falcon, Ness, Marth, and Roy's first appearances were without a stage. And in Brawl ROB didn't get either.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, then nothing speaks against a late Isaac reveal. :D Even if there is not a whole lot of Golden Sun content in the game besides him...

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Can I point out that Dark Dawn did bring some people into Golden Sun? I'd never heard of the series before then, and pretty much got the game because I thought it looked cool and I needed presents for Christmas.

Unfortunately, I did get the first two games spoiled for me by that. :(

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Guys, is there a list of which Nintendo characters belong to which companies? Because I know Camelot created both Waluigi and Isaac and they both ended up being Assist Trophies in Brawl (and the former so far confirmed as an AT in Smash 4).

Considering they've handled all of the Mario Golf and Tennis games, Camelot deserves some love on the roster too, don't they? Who better to rep Camelot than Isaac? ;)

Unfortunately if Isaac isn't a character this time around, I'm sad to say I don't think he ever will be under Sakurai's watch. I figured in Brawl it was sort of one of those "Isaac is a great character but we don't have enough time to flesh him out" sort of things, but if Isaac is an AT this time, it just means that Sakurai does not think Golden Sun deserves a playable rep. Even with a new game, unless if it somehow pulled off a Fire Emblem: Awakening type of resurrection.

I would especially be upset if Shulk were a playable character while Isaac weren't, as by Shulk's logic Isaac should have been a shoe-in for Melee. Just very disappointing (as an Isaac fan primarily). I'm still holding out hope that Isaac is an unlockable character, but my hope is dwindling with every "leak" I see (especially when they mention nonsense like the Koopalings getting in to represent the NSMB series, which just sucks IMO - and I say that as someone who just finished 5-staring NSMBU and loving that game, I just don't think it deserves a rep over Golden Sun or Advanced Wars).

That said, if we do get Golden Sun tracks (which I expect we will), do you guys think we might hear them on a Xenoblade stage (if we get one)?

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Whether people liked Dark Dawn or not, it does represent how much of a voice we (the fans) have. If we could get a 3rd game, we might be able to get Isaac to be playable. And if that happens, new fans will arise and help us all to get a 4th game. Of course, I'm not the only one who thinks that. I sometimes wonder if getting Isaac as an assist trophy in Brawl also helped get Dark Dawn made since many were unfamiliar with him at the time and wanted to learn more about him and became new fans that way.

Here's a curious question to all of you.
If Isaac is revealed to be a newcomer, what would your reaction be? Will you go crazy, will you scream, or will you be like "meh"?
I would be stoked and surprise my friend to see his reaction as he is the only person I know who loves GoldenSun as much as the next person.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If Isaac is revealed to be a newcomer, what would your reaction be? Will you go crazy, will you scream, or will you be like "meh"?
I would be stoked and surprise my friend to see his reaction as he is the only person I know who loves GoldenSun as much as the next person.
I'll probably cry from the sheer awesomeness of seeing Isaac in a Smash trailer. Golden Sun is one of my top childhood games along with Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Mario Kart GBA.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I will wake everyone else up with my happiness by screaming really loud:roll:

Seriously, it will be the start of a good day. I really want this.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Whether people liked Dark Dawn or not, it does represent how much of a voice we (the fans) have. If we could get a 3rd game, we might be able to get Isaac to be playable. And if that happens, new fans will arise and help us all to get a 4th game. Of course, I'm not the only one who thinks that. I sometimes wonder if getting Isaac as an assist trophy in Brawl also helped get Dark Dawn made since many were unfamiliar with him at the time and wanted to learn more about him and became new fans that way.

I will probably be bouncing around (literally), alternating between squealing girlishly and punching the air mannishly. Then I'll watch his trailer a few more times, and stare at his character page a bunch (all assuming he's revealed in a pre-release trailer).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
We can hope. It'd certainly be a nice consolation prize if Isaac doesn't make it in SSB4.
He'd better make it in SSB4.

He only was an assist trophy in Brawl due to time and technical limitations, right? Sakurai saw the awesome moveset potential and immediately set out to design Isaac as one of the first characters for SSB4, right? He's saving Isaac until the end just to have the final reveal be a completely awesome Golden Sun homage, right?

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
The uncertainty is killing me haha. I never took part in speculation during the Brawl era, so I wasn't there to experience the Isaac let down. My best thinking is that Sakurai obviously recognizes him through the use of an AT in brawl. But that's the crazy thing, Isaac really would be out of left field because he's got nothing going for him now except popularity, let's hope it's enough :upsidedown:

Top Bottom