• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
What does the website say though? There's something about a 13th of September, and something in the morning, but that's all I can make out with my basic chinese.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What does the website say though? There's something about a 13th of September, and something in the morning, but that's all I can make out with my basic chinese.
I am not sure about the September thing to be honest, unless it is talking about the Japanese release date for Smash 4.

The top right shows the date relating to the Japanese SSB4 event.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Well under the SSB entry it says 2014年9月13日 which means 2014th year, 9th month, 13th day. Which is 13th september. Well in chinese anyway, but there's a share of kanjis between the languages so it couldn't mean anything else.
There's also 一是早 which means "one is morning" or "is in the morning".
Is there anyone who can translate instead of having me and my basic chinese translating japanese ?^^

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's not outside the realm of possibility, but there's nothing to make it especially likely we'd get something GS in particular...
Yeah, it is all hoping on my part. Though anything concerning Golden Sun in relation to Smash Brothers 4 before it releases is going to be a double edged sword.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well under the SSB entry it says 2014年9月13日 which means 2014th year, 9th month, 13th day. Which is 13th september. Well in chinese anyway, but there's a share of kanjis between the languages so it couldn't mean anything else.
Is there anyone who can translate instead of having me and my basic chinese translating japanese ?^^
It's the Japanese release date for the 3DS version.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Based off my basic Japanese, I'd say you're correct on the date, but I'm not sure on the morning part. It doesn't have the kanji for morning, but it's possible that the phrase doesn't use it, I suppose.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
I'm about to finish golden sun the lost age for the first time, and last week I finished golden sun for the first time, and I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the series as a whole. However, after playing both golden sun 1 and 2 (almost), I seem to be leaning more towards the want of Felix being a fighter as opposed to Isaac due to character design and potential abilities like sand. I'm genuinely curious as to why you guys believe that Isaac would be the better choice aside from being the original protagonist.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I would love to see Felix over Isaac, as well, but when it comes down to it, Felix is more the antihero to Isaac's good ol' regular hero role, which would seem to net him more spotlight. After his appearances in both Dark Dawn and Brawl, both of which Felix was absent from, it's hard to deny that Isaac is both the most recurring and recognizable face of the series, unfortunately for us Felix fans >: Not to bag on Isaac, of course, he's still a cool bro in my book :p

Last edited:

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Okay glad I'm not the only one who prefers Felix... I also wouldn't mind having Piers or Alex as characters, but that's kind of out of the realm of possibilities at this point. As far as Isaac goes, I'd like to say that aside from the Venus summons, odyssey, or the unleash of the sol blade (Megiddo) where a singular meteor comes down would both make great final smashes IMO

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My appriciation for Felix actually started after I replayed the series for so many times. And it's quite recently even, I always prefered Isaac when I was actually playing the games. :laugh: But retrospectively, I like Felix more I think. Maybe it's cause he's more like me in terms of personality, and even looks. But he's just a badass all over. Does what everyone thinks is complete lunatic, but doesn't give a damn about it either way.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Being the very first controllable protagonist, having appeared in all three Golden Sun games, and being the first and only Golden Sun character to appear in Super Smash Bros in some form, Isaac has seniority over all other characters in his respective series, and is more recognisable. As much as I like Felix, I do not see him getting in--at least not before Isaac. I could see Felix getting in as a Luigified Isaac, but otherwise...

Anyhow, now that Sakurai has confirmed there will be a lot more alternate costumes, here's hoping Isaac will have a Matthew alternate costume, assuming he is in the game. If Felix got in, it would be cool if his masked form was an alternate costume.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh no I never suggested that Felix should get in over Isaac. That's pretty much out of the question. But whoa, would I enjoy a Felix alternative costume for Isaac! I even wouldn't mind if Felix was a straight up clone of Isaac either!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The worst part of Isaac being an AT was that he didn't use Venus Psynergy, but Move.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Move is perhaps the most iconic field psynergy... but the most iconic attack? I never considered it an attack until Brawl, and I still kind of don't. It made for a unique AT, but I feel like it would have been much more fitting for him to use actual Venus psynergy attacks, given that he is a Venus adept and not a giant-hand adept :p

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In Brawl, it would have been cool if Isaac used Move a couple of times, then right before disappearing used Ragnarok as a final attack.

I personally liked that he used Move; it gave him a very unique functionality compared to all the other Assist Trophies, whom mainly ran and jumped around, aimlessly hacking and slashing and firing projectiles. If Isaac is in Smash 4, I really hope Move is one of his special attacks.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
In Brawl, it would have been cool if Isaac used Move a couple of times, then right before disappearing used Ragnarok as a final attack.

I personally liked that he used Move; it gave him a very unique functionality compared to all the other Assist Trophies, whom mainly ran and jumped around, aimlessly hacking and slashing and firing projectiles. If Isaac is in Smash 4, I really hope Move is one of his special attacks.
His assist trophy was very boring in my opinion.
Using one move then disappearing, I agree they should have used Ragnarok to finish it off.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Move's implementation was quite powerful in Brawl. It was never this strong in the GS games, at least. I like his Brawl AT.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I was fine with what Issac did during his assist trophy in Brawl, it was very different from the other Assists in the game and respresented the game in a well enough fashion. The psyenergy that was used outside of battle played much of a role of making GS what it was then just the combat psyenergy itself.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I have to disagree with Isaac using earth psynergy compared to his move "Move". It's what got me interested in Golden Sun in the first place, due to some magic swordsman shooting a giant ass hand out of nowhere haha. I think it was great exposure, and showed the variety used in GS's gameplay :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm about to finish golden sun the lost age for the first time, and last week I finished golden sun for the first time, and I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the series as a whole. However, after playing both golden sun 1 and 2 (almost), I seem to be leaning more towards the want of Felix being a fighter as opposed to Isaac due to character design and potential abilities like sand. I'm genuinely curious as to why you guys believe that Isaac would be the better choice aside from being the original protagonist.
I think Isaac is overall more iconic than Felix, plus as you say he is the original protagonist....which does count for something.

I prefer Isaac though, so I'm quite happy with this.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I always thought Move was a field only spell - am I wrong? I've beat all three games. I don't remember it as an attack.

Anyway, I've given up all hope regarding Issac being revealed before release. He was a secret Assist Trophy, so IMO, he'll be a secret character.

D

Deleted member

I actually nicknamed Isaac "Mister Hand" just because of what his attack was. I had never heared of Golden Sun before Brawl.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
There's so much potential with Smash. Golden Sun could be a huge Wii U RPG game, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I have an idea for a taunt @ N3ON N3ON

For his down taunt, how about Isaac takes out his sword, he looks at it, he laughs for a moment and then throws it away?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Golden Sun SHOULD be a huge Wii U RPG game
Yet Nintendo doesnt seem to like to do many Home Console RPG games. They could have made bank with Pokemon on the home console. They were reluctant to even get Xenoblade out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have an idea for a taunt @ N3ON N3ON

For his down taunt, how about Isaac takes out his sword, he looks at it, he laughs for a moment and then throws it away?
You mean something pretty similar to Ganondorf's?

I do want Isaac to use his sword in his moveset though, just not excessively.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Loved Golden Sun.

Camelot is such a great little developer that's never truly gotten their due - Isaac would be cool, I also would be okay with other GS representatives.

ESPECIALLY DJINNS. GIVE ME ALL OF THE DJINNS.

Top Bottom