• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm sorry I though this was the Isaac thread my mistake
You'll know better for next time. :troll:

Talking about the differences between sword-wielders and the blanket term that they all get generalized under can still apply to Isaac. That's what I was doing at least.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You'll know better for next time. :troll:

Talking about the differences between sword-wielders and the blanket term that they all get generalized under can still apply to Isaac. That's what I was doing at least.
This is true. Isaac would definitely use a sword were he to be added, so discussing sword users in the Isaac thread fits. That said, he'd make a very unique sword user by comparison due to his Earth Psynergy, something you can't exactly say about other characters. Personally I'd rather an Advance Wars rep get added over a third FE rep, but a third FE rep is pretty much guaranteed, and we're not even guaranteed to get Isaac (although he's looking more likely the more AT's we see returning without Isaac as one of them).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What GS themes should be included in Smash?
The battle theme for sure, and the main theme. Other than that I don't know much, I played halfway through Golden Sun a couple years ago but need to get back through and play it. If Isaac is announced I'll probably cancel my playthroughs of the DK Land, DKC GBA remakes, and DK64 to start up Golden Sun again, but until that time Golden Sun is pushed back for now. I'm definitely going to get to it this year, but I'm trying to play only platforming games because my wife wants to watch with me any RPG games I play through.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Until that leak gains some water, I am calling shenanigans.

Anyhow, here's hoping we will get some news on Isaac in August. That is the month in which Golden Sun was first released in Japan, after all.

On another note, these are mine personal favourite Golden Sun tunes:

♪ Opening Theme (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
♪ Venus Lighthouse
♪ The Elemental Stars
♪ Battle against Saturos //Seriously, whom doesn't like this one?
♪ Tundaria Tower
♪ Ending Theme (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
♪ Belinsk Opera House
♪ Ascend to Destiny
♪ To the Light We Go

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Liking all the music suggestions.. I'm keeping the Isaac hope alive because he wasn't shown as an AT and Little Mac became a character from one.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Until that leak gains some water, I am calling shenanigans.

Anyhow, here's hoping we will get some news on Isaac in August. That is the month in which Golden Sun was first released in Japan, after all.

On another note, these are mine personal favourite Golden Sun tunes:

♪ Opening Theme (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
♪ Venus Lighthouse
♪ The Elemental Stars
♪ Battle against Saturos //Seriously, whom doesn't like this one?
♪ Tundaria Tower
♪ Ending Theme (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
♪ Belinsk Opera House
♪ Ascend to Destiny
♪ To the Light We Go
About the only way I can see it going is like this:

Smash Bros. Direct, Ridley is revealed in the middle of the Direct in a villains trailer. End of the Direct, Isaac shows up with Judgment and blasts away the villains. If we don't get any veteran reveals, I can see getting two newcomers in a Smash Bros. Direct, and my thoughts on that being Sakurai announces three veteran villains prior to the Direct. Would be neat, but I doubt it. Ridley IMO is the better reveal for August, as its a major Metroid month as well. But I didn't know Golden Sun's anniversary was in August, as well... could be interesting.

Another possibility is they might announce Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dont think we will be getting many more characters revealed; I think the hiddens will stay hidden, and that Ridley and Isaac are both hidden. Old series' favorites (ridley, k.rool, mewtwo) and previous ATs who were in fact in smash (Andy, Isaac, Ray) seem perfect fits to be hidden characters.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dont think we will be getting many more characters revealed; I think the hiddens will stay hidden, and that Ridley and Isaac are both hidden. Old series' favorites (ridley, k.rool, mewtwo) and previous ATs who were in fact in smash (Andy, Isaac, Ray) seem perfect fits to be hidden characters.
There's always that chance that the character revealed in the August Direct could be a character not mentioned in the Sal leaks.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
There's always that chance that the character revealed in the August Direct could be a character not mentioned in the Sal leaks.
I doubt it. But hey, we will have to see. If Isaac ends up ebing revealed at August, then we can rejoice. Until then, I shall keep my expectations low.

Another possibility is they might announce Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
You are right. Maybe they'll announce a second batch of GBA games with Lost Age being among them.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Come to think of it, if Isaac is in the game, I hope he will be like Link and Little Mac, in that he keeps his Japanese voice and has absolutely no dialogue, and that his psynergy-based attacks have the same sounds they had in his games (particularly that hissing sound you hear at the beginning of the moves). In a way, this would be fitting, since he was a silent protagonist in the first game. If this is the case, I hope he has a deeper voice than the one he had in Brawl. Perhaps Akira Ishida (Gaara's Japanese voice actor) could voice him--that would be rather ironic, since both characters have earth-based powers.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Come to think of it, if Isaac is in the game, I hope he will be like Link and Little Mac, in that he keeps his Japanese voice and has absolutely no dialogue, and that his psynergy-based attacks have the same sounds they had in his games (particularly that hissing sound you hear at the beginning of the moves). In a way, this would be fitting, since he was a silent protagonist in the first game. If this is the case, I hope he has a deeper voice than the one he had in Brawl. Perhaps Akira Ishida (Gaara's Japanese voice actor) could voice him--that would be rather ironic, since both characters have earth-based powers.
I don't agree. I'd rather he be talking. If Isaac is playable, I'd rather hear a hypothetical Jonny Yong Bosch voice, preferably in his Cress Albane voice. It would really go well with the character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't agree. I'd rather he be talking. If Isaac is playable, I'd rather hear a hypothetical Jonny Yong Bosch voice, preferably in his Cress Albane voice. It would really go well with the character.
-_-

I was freaking out for a second there. Are you serious, does Johnny Yung Bosch actually voice Cless Albane? As soon as I read that I looked it up, because I KNEW he voiced Guy Cecil (I ought to know, he's my wife's second-favorite Tales character), but I don't see Cless Albane on his page. Does he actually voice Cless? I know he also voices Emil from Dawn of the New World, but that's all I see on his Wikipedia page.

Honestly, though, I think Johnny Young Bosch would be a pretty decent fit for Isaac. And I agree, I would want Isaac to be voiced. Yeah, he didn't talk in the first game, but he talks in all others.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
-_-

I was freaking out for a second there. Are you serious, does Johnny Yung Bosch actually voice Cless Albane? As soon as I read that I looked it up, because I KNEW he voiced Guy Cecil (I ought to know, he's my wife's second-favorite Tales character), but I don't see Cless Albane on his page. Does he actually voice Cless? I know he also voices Emil from Dawn of the New World, but that's all I see on his Wikipedia page.

Honestly, though, I think Johnny Young Bosch would be a pretty decent fit for Isaac. And I agree, I would want Isaac to be voiced. Yeah, he didn't talk in the first game, but he talks in all others.
Apparently yes, he does voice Cress in the anime.

Altais

Smash Champion
That would be cool as well, so long as they give him imaginative dialogue. In the end, though, I do not care whom voices him so long as they are good and that Isaac is actually in the game.

Wait, there's an anime?! :eek:
There is a four-episode OVA based on the main events of Tales of Phantasia, the very first game in the Tales series.

Here is the first episode. The other three should be at the right-hand side of the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsULnhql6O4

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Excuse me, but could I be added to the support list for Isaac, please?:) I think I requested to be a supporter a few months ago, (I think it was when I first joined SmashBoards, actually.) but I don't think I saw my name on the list. Also, about Johnny Yong Bosch, Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't Ichigo Kurosaki (the main protagonist of Bleach) voiced by him? If he is, then believe you me, I'm all for Bosch voicing Isaac!:b:

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Excuse me, but could I be added to the support list for Isaac, please?:) I think I requested to be a supporter a few months ago, (I think it was when I first joined SmashBoards, actually.) but I don't think I saw my name on the list. Also, about Johnny Yong Bosch, Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't Ichigo Kurosaki (the main protagonist of Bleach) voiced by him? If he is, then believe you me, I'm all for Bosch voicing Isaac!:b:
But, isn't Bosch already voicing Pit in this game?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, weird. for whatever reason playing through Uprising, I thought it was Johnny Yong Bosch. Well, I guess he could work for Isaac then.
Even if it was Johnny Yong Bosch it doesn't matter. Two separate characters could be in the game with the same voice actor.

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Even if it was Johnny Yong Bosch it doesn't matter. Two separate characters could be in the game with the same voice actor.
I'd agree in most cases, but probably not him. As much as I love Johnny Yong Bosch, I feel like all of his characters sound very much the same. Oh well, we probably shouldn't talk about this too much here, I don't want to derail from talking about Isaac. As it stands right now though, Isaac is the number one character I want in this game and if he ever did end up being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, I'd be just fine with that.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd agree in most cases, but probably not him. As much as I love Johnny Yong Bosch, I feel like all of his characters sound very much the same. Oh well, we probably shouldn't talk about this too much here, I don't want to derail from talking about Isaac. As it stands right now though, Isaac is the number one character I want in this game and if he ever did end up being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, I'd be just fine with that.
Isaac is my #2. K. Rool is my top pick, but I really want Isaac as well and I think he deserves to be playable.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Don't worry, I checked my list and you're on it.

With Lyn being disconfirmed and Pac-Man being confirmed, Isaac is now the most wanted character for me.

Also, this is epically hilarious.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I have an inspirational message for Isaac:

"Do you want to go place where people like me but not me have dared to go? Then get off your couch and go try out for Super Smash Bros., with YAW control like never before!"

Anyone get this reference btw? :3

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I dunno if Isaac or Matthew will get in. I'd prefer the second one, for he'll probably be the main character from now on... but Isaac is the first hero. Well, who knows ? One of them would be good enough !
Wasn't there a quote saying Isaac's adventure was just a prologue for the true one ?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I dunno if Isaac or Matthew will get in. I'd prefer the second one, for he'll probably be the main character from now on... but Isaac is the first hero. Well, who knows ? One of them would be good enough !
Wasn't there a quote saying Isaac's adventure was just a prologue for the true one ?
This was before Dark Dawn didn't do so hot.. Sadly

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You'd think considering the first two games did so well, the sales of the third can partially be overlooked in making another. I mean if that one also doesn't do great, then lesson learned I suppose, but many series go through commercial declines. FE has gone through several, yet they've received 13 games, with their best-selling only doing about the same as the first two GS games.

If Camelot and Nintendo had capitalized on GS's success instead of waiting seven years they really could've turned the series into something more notable than it is now. :/

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You'd think considering the first two games did so well, the sales of the third can partially be overlooked in making another. I mean if that one also doesn't do great, then lesson learned I suppose, but many series go through commercial declines. FE has gone through several, yet they've received 13 games, with their best-selling only doing about the same as the first two GS games.

If Camelot and Nintendo had capitalized on GS's success instead of waiting seven years they really could've turned the series into something more notable than it is now. :/
Agreed. The sales of the third game wasn't that good, but the first two games sold so well. I think the sales of the first two games are enough to make up for the third game's lackluster sales.

Top Bottom