• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
So I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for a potential wario reveal tomorrow...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd be excited for a Wario reveal tomorrow even without this rumor. It's still a reveal.

I don't think it's gonna happen though. But I'd really love to be wrong.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd be both excited and disappointed about a Wario reveal. I am aware that if Wario is revealed, it makes the chances of the "leak" being more likely. I still don't think Wario being revealed helps the leak THAT much, but it does help a little bit. I'd be disappointed because the leak means no K. Rool. At the same time, it also means Isaac, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo (frankly I think Ridley is in either way). So yeah, its kinda interesting, but I'd rather have K. Rool over Dixie, and I think he's more likely than her at this point anyway.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'd really like to see Isaac playable. Gotta admit, I should have come to this thread a lot earlier considering that I got into the series back in 2008.

I'd prefer him over Shulk, mostly because I never played Xenoblade.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Shulk and chrom will just be similar to marth. Too many direct qttacking sword characters. If isaac was in on the other hand, he would introduce a new style. The others being released are just bland. Same goes to chorus kids...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
SOOOO this popped up in the SSB4-site!:

Will we finally see Isaac in Monday folks?
I'm afraid most likely not.

I'd love to be surprised, but Sakurai also confirmed that they're nearing the bottom of the barrel regarding newcomers. You know what that means? The three remaining leaked newcomers are most likely all we're getting. =(

*Hope lost*

Really very lame that Sakurai let the newcomers be leaked so early, regardless of Isaac's status. It just took so much fun out of speculation this time around.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm afraid most likely not.

I'd love to be surprised, but Sakurai also confirmed that they're nearing the bottom of the barrel regarding newcomers. You know what that means? The three remaining leaked newcomers are most likely all we're getting. =(

*Hope lost*

Really very lame that Sakurai let the newcomers be leaked so early, regardless of Isaac's status. It just took so much fun out of speculation this time around.
Completely agreeing with you. I keep expecting Shulk due the video length- to the point where I hope that one rumor about Wario in July 18th would mean Ridley, Dixie and Isaac as some more newcomers. But eh, I guess.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Completely agreeing with you. I keep expecting Shulk due the video length- to the point where I hope that one rumor about Wario in July 18th would mean Ridley, Dixie and Isaac as some more newcomers. But eh, I guess.
The Wario rumor was already debunked. That was posted July 4th, and it said "by the end of next week." Wario not getting announced today is the cutoff.

How does the video length affect anything, though?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Wario rumor was already debunked. That was posted July 4th, and it said "by the end of next week." Wario not getting announced today is the cutoff.

How does the video length affect anything, though?
I thought it was July 18th?
Aww well.

I believe we'll get some cinematic story sequence about Xenoblade's world and how it'll lead us to Shulk being playable. Though I'll be honest, every Smash-trailer had some form of Nintendo-crossovering in an animated form, so I think I might not be accurate. Well definitely get some of that.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Aww well.

I believe we'll get some cinematic story sequence about Xenoblade's world and how it'll lead us to Shulk being playable. Though I'll be honest, every Smash-trailer had some form of Nintendo-crossovering in an animated form, so I think I might not be accurate. Well definitely get some of that.
Little Mac's didn't have anything until Sandbag near the end of the cinematic part.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait, are you forgetting Samus?
Samus didn't appear until after Little Mac hit the Sandbag.

Aww well.

I doubt it. If they start with a cinematic of Xenoblade's world, we'll immediately know its Shulk. That'd be too obvious. It'd be more likely for this that they'd tease it like Mega Man in this case. Until Mega Man got the helmet, it was hard to tell who it was. Similar with Greninja, as well, since he looked similar to Mewtwo at first.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Really? Was it posted that long ago?
Yeah, the original post was on GameFAQs. Also, even if it was until the end of next week, the confirmation of a newcomer reveal Monday kinda destroys it anyway. We're not going to get a hyped up newcomer reveal Monday then Wario on Friday.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
If they start with a cinematic of Xenoblade's world, we'll immediately know its Shulk. That'd be too obvious.
I agree in principle, but the Palutena reveal suggests otherwise, since she was seen in the first shot.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The people who come here to remind Isaac supporters to behave politely in the presence of Shulk without being prompted are just as guilty of making an unrelated association as those that would actually begrudge Shulk specifically for Isaac's omission.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Because people are definitely going to talk about Shulk and blame him for getting in the way of Isaac's inclusion. :p
Honestly at this point a part of me prefers to save Isaac from initial Smash 4 characters, so we may have a chance to see him in Project M. If we have Isaac in Project M and then Smash 4 does have DLC characters including Isaac, that would be the best.

Personally i feel that we may got a plot twist and Sakurai reveals a new character not leaked. Is something that you can expect of Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I won't have anything against Shulk. You know... he said "newcomer", but I wouldn't be surprised if two were featured in the same video. Wistful thinking, but if it's Isaac's day, I'll be so happy.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Sakurai on Miiverse said:
Oh, by the way! I'd like to reveal a new challenger. Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct, we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time). Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live.
Oh snap! I wonder if it is Isaac! Were I superstitious, I'd be crossing mine fingers right now.

we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time).
...#$&@?%£!! I am going to be in class during that time...

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
The Xenoblade director and apparently Shulk's VA retweeted the announcement.
I heard a similar thing happened during the april direct and we got greninja, so my hopes are still high. I'd still be happy with Shulk though, I like the design and concept, just never played the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I heard a similar thing happened during the april direct and we got greninja, so my hopes are still high. I'd still be happy with Shulk though, I like the design and concept, just never played the game.
I believe it's usually the president of Monolith's wife who retweets before every Direct, not the director of Xenoblade. I could be wrong about some of the info, but it's someone else who retweeted this time.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Shulk and chrom will just be similar to marth. Too many direct qttacking sword characters. If isaac was in on the other hand, he would introduce a new style. The others being released are just bland. Same goes to chorus kids...
If you think Shulk would be anything like Marth. You need to play Xenoblade.
Same with Chrom and Awakening.

You know Marth doesn't even take his moves from his own Fire Emblems?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, neither Isaac nor Shulk would play anything like any sword-wielder so far. People who say they would make me suspect they haven't played their respective games.

Chrom definitely could though.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah, neither Isaac nor Shulk would play anything like any sword-wielder so far. People who say they would make me suspect they haven't played their respective games.

Chrom definitely could though.
Nah I don't see Chrom fighting anything like Marth or Ike despite what people say, considering his cutscenes and in game fighting style isn't like either.

People are just afraid since he has blue hair and uses a sword that he is instantly a clone. People said the same of Ike back when Brawl speculation was going on and they were wrong.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah I don't see Chrom fighting anything like Marth or Ike despite what people say, considering his cutscenes and in game fighting style isn't like either.

People are just afraid since he has blue hair and uses a sword that he is instantly a clone. People said the same of Ike back when Brawl speculation was going on and they were wrong.
Saying he could isn't saying he will though. I don't imagine he will, but he definitely could.

Top Bottom