• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

That's kinda weird considering Xenoblade wasn't even going to have the Xeno-preface in the title to begin with.

Regardless, even if Monolith feels that way, Sakurai might not.
So... Xenloblade might be part of Xenosaga? Wow, my head now hurts.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So... Xenloblade might be part of Xenosaga? Wow, my head now hurts.
I wouldn't say the series are part of each other... just related by name if anything.

Like how Wario Land and WarioWare are part of the Wario series but don't really overlap past Wario himself. Except with the Xeno series they don't even have overlapping characters.

Anyway, this isn't really related to Isaac anymore.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's kinda weird considering Xenoblade wasn't even going to have the Xeno-preface in the title to begin with.

Regardless, even if Monolith feels that way, Sakurai might not.
It wasn't planned originally for the game "Monado." After they gave the name Xenoblade and starting Xenoblade X that's probably when they decided on that. If you look at Xenoblade Chronicles X's trailers, it does look like its connected to the events of the other Xeno games.

Still, at least the Golden Sun game's were entirely on Nintendo consoles. And I still think a new Golden Sun game is coming. Xenoblade is the action-based open world RPG fix, Fire Emblem the turn-based strategy RPG, Golden Sun is Nintendo's traditional turn-based puzzle RPG's. There's only one thing I'd fix in future Golden Sun games, and that's the removal of random encounters. Random encounters have no place in RPG's anymore.

Also, for the love of everything that's holy, REMOVE the "points-of-no-return." Its fine to have temporary points-of-no-return, but allow the cast to go back to past areas later.

If they can fix up the flaws in Golden Sun's gameplay people will enjoy it more and it will sell better.

Octopeart

Smash Rookie
I had a thought about an Isaac moveset. Perhaps each of his specials could correspond to an Adept/Djinn element, and if you use that special, you can then perform a "summon" in the form of a smash attack. So your basic Smashes are boring sword slashes, but if you use down B, which we'll say is a Venus Djinn, then your next Smash has Earth effects (or is an actual Summon). If you use the same special more than once(maybe it changes after each use), the Summon gets stronger until you reach the limit of however many Djinni there are for that element, or some Smash-exclusive amount. A certain amount of time would have to pass until you can use that special again if you use it too many times (like using Djinni). If you use different elemental specials out of order (like Venus, Mercury, Venus) the Summon you use next is whatever the last one was. I honestly think that something like this would make the most sense from a uniqueness standpoint and can only hope something similar comes out of it when he's revealed on Monday.

I also think most of his out-of-battle moves could be utilized in throws. His grab could be Catch, fthrow is Move, uthrow is Lift, bthrow is Halt, working like Snake's bthrow, and dthrow is whatever else.

I haven't actually finished Golden Sun yet, go easy on these ideas.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that either Isaac or Ray for Custom Robo will be revealed tomorrow. Then again I haven't been very good at predicting these sort of things.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
This is a solid list of GameRant's most wanted
Wow, it's nice to see Isaac grouped together with K. Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley, who seem to be solidified as the top 3 most wanted. Replace Shulk with Takamaru and that list would be perfect to me, although I have nothing against Shulk either XD

Sakurai laughs at our ideals and then gives us three Miis. :p
...I was finally starting to get over this fact, and then you had to go and remind me D8

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Didn't the director of Xenoblade retweetted other tweets of Sakurai in the past? Maybe he just retweeted it and people are overlooking? Also, this is a total hype killer if Shulk gets revealed because everyone is already expecting him now!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Didn't the director of Xenoblade retweetted other tweets of Sakurai in the past? Maybe he just retweeted it and people are overlooking? Also, this is a total hype killer if Shulk gets revealed because everyone is already expecting him now!
The writer and director have never retweeted anything Smash related just the directors wife who doesn't really know anything about the company.
Also go over to the Shulk thread even if you don't support it's a really fun thread.
Lastly, did no one else notice how he said "we're getting close to the bottom of the barrel of VIDEOS."
Secret Newcomer Isaac anyone?

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Gaia, Spire, and Earthquake would make good special attacks. Judgment for a final smash would be epic and OP.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
GG guys, Sal says Shulk is going to be revealed tomorrow. I expect that the only remaing newcomers are from Gematsu.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
GG guys, Sal says Shulk is going to be revealed tomorrow. I expect that the only remaing newcomers are from Gematsu.
I expect that you are completely and totally off-base. Also, EVERYONE believed Monday was Shulk anyway due to the Xenoblade director retweets. Sakurai all-but-confirms secret newcomers, as well, by saying they're almost out of new character VIDEOS.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Miiverse - Sakurai's Post | Pic of the Day, 14/7/2014

Oh, stars above... Now I am absolutely terrified of the upcoming newcomer reveal.
Frankly, I'm ECSTATIC. This could hint that Shulk ISN'T the reveal today, and that also acts as an in-your-face to the Gematsu leak. ANYTHING that's not on the Gematsu leak is good news, so hell, if we get a Ubisoft rep (which I DOUBT, but its still possible), I'll be happy, because it means Gematsu isn't the gospel and isn't all we're getting. Which also helps Isaac, too.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
So what, do we just forget Golden Sun and the greatness that game brought to the GBA era, that sounds a bit messed up, Isaac deserves to be playable, I command respect for Isaac, Sakurai, otherwise maybe I'll cancel my pre order and walk out of Super Smash Bros forever with the Super Smash Bros Championship.

Nah, I'll get this game regardless, and I'm not champ, Zero is.

Just remember though if Isaac isn't in this game, then this happened.

We finally got our revenge for Menardi's death.

I told you Agatio should of been in instead.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So what, do we just forget Golden Sun and the greatness that game brought to the GBA era, that sounds a bit messed up, Isaac deserves to be playable, I command respect for Isaac, Sakurai, otherwise maybe I'll cancel my pre order and walk out of Super Smash Bros forever with the Super Smash Bros Championship.

Nah, I'll get this game regardless, and I'm not champ, Zero is.

Just remember though if Isaac isn't in this game, then this happened.

We finally got our revenge for Menardi's death.
Who are you responding to?

And no, we definitely shouldn't forget how great Golden Sun was. I still think Isaac is in at this point, I just don't think he'll be announced yet. I'd be ecstatic if he was, but, well, #MonadoMonday. Wish it was someone else other than Shulk, but all signs point to Shulk.

TeamFlareZakk

And no, we definitely shouldn't forget how great Golden Sun was. I still think Isaac is in at this point, I just don't think he'll be announced yet. I'd be ecstatic if he was, but, well, #MonadoMonday. Wish it was someone else other than Shulk, but all signs point to Shulk.
Everybody pretty much, I'm just making it clear what happens if he's not in, there are two angry Proxians who'd like to finish him off, I like Isaac, but I've always been more of a Saturos fan.

I'd like for it to be somebody who'd not on that stupid Gematsu thing, these newcomers are getting boring because they're characters from that, and we already got all the good ones from it, and Chrom and Chorus Kids are the worst of all of them, we have enough Fire Emblem characters, and those Chorus Kids are worse than Mr Game and Watch.

Cut, the headoff, grows back hard, I am The Anti - Gematsu, now you'll see you're star!

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

Plot Twist is always a possibility. Something weird is going on in Sakurai head. At this point Humans are far from being able to understand Sakurai mind.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Everybody pretty much, I'm just making it clear what happens if he's not in, there are two angry Proxians who'd like to finish him off, I like Isaac, but I've always been more of a Saturos fan.

I'd like for it to be somebody who'd not on that stupid Gematsu thing, these newcomers are getting boring because they're characters from that, and we already got all the good ones from it, and Chrom and Chorus Kids are the worst of all of them, we have enough Fire Emblem characters, and those Chorus Kids are worse than Mr Game and Watch.

Cut, the headoff, grows back hard, I am The Anti - Gematsu, now you'll see you're star!
A new FE character from Awakening is fine, and likely inevitable. I just don't think Chrom is the best pick. He does nothing new from our existing FE reps. (I also think DK deserves more representation, considering its Nintendo's fourth-largest franchise. :p)

That said, new franchise reps are always welcome. Golden Sun is definitely deserving of a playable character.

TeamFlareZakk

Very well put, @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman that's one reason why I'm a Anti-Gematsu Superstar, Chrom was on that and I don't want Chrom, if Robin or Micaiah were in then I'd be ok with one more Fire Emblem character.

That's why Shulk is like the only one left from the Gematsu thing I feel deserves to be in, he offers a new franchise to represent, but I want Isaac too, I'd use both of these like a lot if they were in.

#AntiGematsuSuperstar

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
For all you Gematsu believers:

Would you rather get excited for a character you already know will be revealed to be revealed or anticipate for anyone random to join the game? I will admit the Gematsu stuff is actually logical for SSB4, but I'm getting ready for absolutely anyone to be revealed, and I don't understand why people get excited over leaks that are actually accurate. .-.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Surely it's fifth?

Mario
Pokémon
Wii
Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong

Or are you not counting Pokémon because it's second party?
Wii what...? Have no idea what you're talking about, I was referring to Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, then, DK. I don't really considered the extended "Wii" games its own franchise. Its more like Wii Sports, Wii Fit.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
For all you Gematsu believers:

Would you rather get excited for a character you already know will be revealed to be revealed or anticipate for anyone random to join the game? I will admit the Gematsu stuff is actually logical for SSB4, but I'm getting ready for absolutely anyone to be revealed, and I don't understand why people get excited over leaks that are actually accurate. .-.
It's safer.

The more non gematsu characters we get (that aren't Isaac) the less likely Isaac becomes. There isn't limitless space on the roster. This is assuming there's a handful of playable characters not mentioned in the gematsu leak.

Speculation and surprises are all well and good but once the game is released none of that will matter. All that will matter is who is on the roster and who is not on the roster.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone!! I just signed up to show you my Isaac support!!! I read through all 89 pages and I am excited about the opportunities an Isaac reveal has for both franchises in general!!! I am pretty much sure that, if Isaac is revealed, a Golden Sun Book 4 is sure!!! I love the GS series so much, I even created my own fansite, it is in greek though.... I cant get enough of Golden Sun!!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hello everyone!! I just signed up to show you my Isaac support!!! I read through all 89 pages and I am excited about the opportunities an Isaac reveal has for both franchises in general!!! I am pretty much sure that, if Isaac is revealed, a Golden Sun Book 4 is sure!!! I love the GS series so much, I even created my own fansite, it is in greek though.... I cant get enough of Golden Sun!!!
I don't think Isaac being revealed guarantees Golden Sun 4. In fact, I think Golden Sun 4 is happening either way. But thanks for the support! Isaac is personally my #2 most wanted Smash character, and frankly I'd be ecstatic if he was announced today (although sadly I doubt it).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Wii what...? Have no idea what you're talking about, I was referring to Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, then, DK. I don't really considered the extended "Wii" games its own franchise. Its more like Wii Sports, Wii Fit.
Okay, well in that case Wii Sports takes that exact same slot...

And if we're separating games like that you should put Mario Kart just below Wii Sports, knocking DK into sixth...

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Wii games are its own franchise, Wii Fit being a sub-franchise of Wii. Like Mario Golf to Mario.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Well, in less than tn minutes we're going to see a new fighter. So whatever happens, we'll be happy (or sad) for whoever's revealed.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
So it is going to be Shulk more likely? Maybe even Rayman right? (Still hoping for Isaac though...)

D

Deleted member

Robin (not OUR Robin... Fire Emblem Robin) and Lucina confirmed... and Chrom is part of Robin's moveset!

This might invalidate the Gematsu leak and may allow Isaac to stay in contention.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Yes ! The fact that Gematsu is not 100% true, raised my hope for Isaac ! I hope he's still here^^

Top Bottom