• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
*Insert Support for Isaac Here*

While I personally like Felix more (TLA was my first game in the series, and I've never played the first one... >.>), Isaac is currently my most wanted newcomer for this game.

While the fact that Gematsu is not completely accurate anymore boosts Isaac's chances some IMO, I still feel he's one of the more unlikely newcomers right now for some reason. He could easily just be a hidden AT like he was in Brawl and that's why we haven't heard or seen anything about him yet.

For now, I'm just trying to keep my hopes low so I don't wind up disappointing myself later on... :(

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I like Felix more too as a character, however Isaac is definitely the better GS representative. I still think Isaac has a good chance of making it in if he inherits Robin's move set. I could see them playing around with it to get Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I immediately thought "This is awesome, but poor Isaac...", but instead I'm going back to my previous hypothesis: If Isaac is included, he may not be a sword user at all. I'm calling Psy Fist for standards, Earth psynergy for specials.
Nah, I think Isaac will use his sword for SOME attacks, but otherwise he'd still be a mostly be an Earth Psynergy-based fighter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's still a lot Isaac could do that wouldn't at all infringe on Robin's thing. Like I said before, Isaac still has all that earth magic which Robin doesn't seem to use at all, let alone attacks with the hand, summons, other elemental psynergy which Robin doesn't use... there's still a lot that can be done to make them play quite differently from each other, even if they might be similar in concept.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's still a lot Isaac could do that wouldn't at all infringe on Robin's thing. Like I said before, Isaac still has all that earth magic which Robin doesn't seem to use at all, let alone attacks with the hand, summons, other elemental psynergy which Robin doesn't use... there's still a lot that can be done to make them play quite differently from each other, even if they might be similar in concept.
Exactly, and I realized this early on. I supported both Robin and Isaac, and I still do. Isaac would definitely play out very differently.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I could see Robin and Isaac having some basic core similarities.... but the magic they're capable of using is very different. So I don't think Isaac would even be a clone.

If you want to get technical Isaac isn't even a magic sword user, he's a psychic sword user.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
After Toon Link remaining unchanged and Lucina pretty much confirmed as a clone of Marth, I don't see how Robin/Isaac possibly having similar movesets hurts Isaac's chances. If anything, it helps him.

If Isaac needs to be a clone or semi-clone of Robin to get in, then so be it. As long as he's included, I'd be happy. :)

Last edited:

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Oh no....I intend to play Awakening some time and just got spoiled that "Marth" is actually Lucina(?)...I new it actually wasn't Marth...anyway.... I like the Fire Emblem Characters....
About Isaac, well, since the Gematsu leak is disconfirmed, I am hoping even more that he will appear!!!
So many thinks are pro for him!! Also, Robin (of FE) said he has limited amount of using his Magic (that's why he carries a sword) or at least that's what he said whereas Isaac can use his Psynergy for as many times as he likes unless PP becomes a think (which is very unlikely)....
So, if Isaac gets in, and has a similar play style like Robin, who would be considered a clone? Isaac of Robin, since Robin was announced first or Robin of Isaac since Isaac exists more than Robin ever will?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
While I'd rather Isaac wasn't a complete clone (semi clone would be fine I guess), it would still be great just to get that foot in the door.

As long as it feels like Isaac, well that's half the battle.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I'd like to see Issac playable in Smash 4! He would of been perfect to have put in Brawl, so I hope he's playable in this game.

Add me to the supporters list!

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
I'm certain that Isaac is a secret playable character at this point. He's too perfect of a character to not include. We haven't seen his assist trophy for this reason, and the dumb leaks are finally deconfirmed.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Seeing as Robin work so flawlessly in the game my push for Isaac is even stronger than before. He would have so many tools and tricks.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
THE HYPE IS BACK. I'm glad everyone isn't down in the dumps now, and again, if anything, I think this BOOSTS Isaac's chances. It shows Sakurai is looking for dat originality ignore lucina

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Who says Isaac is the clone? Robin could be the clone of Isaac. Just because he was shown first means nothing.

He could only use certain Djinn for a certain amount of time.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
[Shrugs] I have yet to see Robin project a giant telekinetic hand, conjure an earthquake, sprout vines from the ground, create a giant flame sword, or summon a winged knight with an arm cannon that can obliterate an entire planet. If Isaac is in the game, personally, I seriously doubt he will be a clone of anybody. In mine opinion, that would be like diluting the wine--by adding the wine to the water.

Assuming Isaac is in the game, I am hoping his reveal trailer features either Ness or the Ice Climbers. I think the ladder would make for a VERY interesting and unique video. It could take place in a dark, snowy mountain area. It could be serious, but at the same time quirky and comical.

And with all the alternate costumes being revealed, I fancy it is safe to say we will get Matthew as well if Isaac is included.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Please add me to the supporter list please; I'm a fervent supporter of a playable Golden Sun representative in Super Smash Bros. :) If all of these swordsmen (Link, Toon Link, Ike, Marth, Pit (kind of), Meta Knight, Lucina (kind of) - which is already staggering, even without deserving people like Isaac, Takamaru, Sword!Ganondorf, and Shulk) can co-exist in the same game, then Isaac (I love how his Japanese name is identical to Robin's English name XD) or Matthew can definitely co-exist in the same game with magic/mental users like Zelda, Robin the Tactician, Ness, Lucas, and Mewtwo. I mean, Isaac has enough possibilities with Earth Psynergy and Summonings that he probably doesn't even need to touch the Sol Blade at all (and, for strictly gameplay purposes, he could even access non-Earth Psynergy too)! (although I really hope he uses a sword, at least for a few attacks)

Last edited:

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
As happy as I am to see there's now little to nothing getting in my boy's way, I'm trying not to get too excited because the last time that happened when Brawl was close to its release dates, the Assist Trophy bomb exploded on him. And I'd rather not fall for the same trap again.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
does anyone else think that isaacs chances are crushed thanks to robin having the moveset isaac would have being swords and magic and add me to the supporter list please
No, because it doesn't take long to realize that Robin has a completely different mechanic from the way Isaac would work. First of all, Robin's gimmick is degrading weapons and tomes. Degrading items is a feature that plays a HUGE importance in Fire Emblem, and all of the tomes Robin uses are entirely based on existing magic tomes from the FE games.

Isaac uses Psynergy, which first of all isn't even the same as magic. Second of all, the Psynergy from Golden Sun is very unique as a whole, and let's not forget the fact that Isaac's signature Psynergy is Earth. Earth magic of any sort is not available in Fire Emblem whatsoever. No, Robin is nothing like how Isaac would work, and both can easily be playable at the same time.

Dragonite_Knight

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new so I was wondering:
Is Issac a first or second party character? I support him either way, but if he is a second party, it would be interesting to have him in as the first second party character.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Has any golden sun content been spotted in the game at all? A trophy, enemy in smash run, or otherwise?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new so I was wondering:
Is Issac a first or second party character? I support him either way, but if he is a second party, it would be interesting to have him in as the first second party character.
Isaac himself is first party, all the characters and music from Golden Sun is copyright Nintendo. Everything else is more iffy, as Camelot and Nintendo joint-own the rest of Golden Sun (although the franchise is trademarked only to Nintendo). Also, the entire Pokemon franchise is second party.

Has any golden sun content been spotted in the game at all? A trophy, enemy in smash run, or otherwise?
Nope, which is actually good news for Isaac.

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
Nope, which is actually good news for Isaac.
On the flip side, it could also be an indication that he's a hidden AT like he was in Brawl. Honestly, not seeing anything about Isaac or Golden Sun in general doesn't really help or hurt Isaac's chances at all, IMO.

Dragonite_Knight

Smash Rookie
Isaac himself is first party, all the characters and music from Golden Sun is copyright Nintendo. Everything else is more iffy, as Camelot and Nintendo joint-own the rest of Golden Sun (although the franchise is trademarked only to Nintendo). Also, the entire Pokemon franchise is second party.
I wasn't aware that Pokemon was second party. I'm not good with all the legal jargon, but is it because GameFreak isn't owned by Nintendo, but they are affiliated with them and develop exclusively for them?

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
[Shrugs] I have yet to see Robin project a giant telekinetic hand, conjure an earthquake, sprout vines from the ground, create a giant flame sword, or summon a winged knight with an arm cannon that can obliterate an entire planet. If Isaac is in the game, personally, I seriously doubt he will be a clone of anybody. In mine opinion, that would be like diluting the wine--by adding the wine to the water.

Assuming Isaac is in the game, I am hoping his reveal trailer features either Ness or the Ice Climbers. I think the ladder would make for a VERY interesting and unique video. It could take place in a dark, snowy mountain area. It could be serious, but at the same time quirky and comical.

And with all the alternate costumes being revealed, I fancy it is safe to say we will get Matthew as well if Isaac is included.
I actually think Ness and Isaac makes too much sense now since both of them use "magic". Heck reveal Meta Knight also for the sword fighting aspect. I can see it now....

We see a field and a clear blue sky. Suddenly, we see a blue lightning bolt soaring through the sky erratically after a creature moving so quick we couldn't get a glimpse of him. Then a close up of the winged creature flying downwards...It's Meta Knight! From Meta Knight's point of view we see Ness and it becomes clear he is soaring towards him to attack. The screen cuts back from that view allowing us to see Meta Knight swing and miss Ness as he dodges out of the way
We see an onlooker's boots but nothing else.
The screen cuts back to Ness and Meta Knight's fight. Ness uses PK Flash and guides it towards MK but he dodges it with ease getting up close to Ness in the progress. MK uses various quick sword slashes but with nimble feet Ness dodges each one. Then, out of nowhere we see giant vines sprout up knocking them both up into the air. Meta Knight glides to his feet and Ness floats down.
Both look towards the assailant who is revealed to be: Isaac! "Isaac Shakes Things Up", then cut to actual Smash gameplay of Isaac and footage of him beating up everybody with earth magic and then footage of him using sword attacks too!

At the end we see Isaac with one Move Hand angled towards Ness and a sword in his other hand pointing towards MK both of which ready to fight this newcomer. END OF TRAILER.
The whole trailer would be done in the artstyle of the official art on the game boxes of the GS series.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Just asking, did Sakurai confirm Master Hand? If not, it'd be cool if he was revealed alongside Isaac... because hands.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
Honestly I think Matthew might be a more likely bet. I mean, today they revealed Lucina instead of the heavily requested Chrom, it seems like Sakurai would do that instead. Would still be insanely awesome.

Also add me to the supporters!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly I think Matthew might be a more likely bet. I mean, today they revealed Lucina instead of the heavily requested Chrom, it seems like Sakurai would do that instead. Would still be insanely awesome.

Also add me to the supporters!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eh, I still think "Isaac lets out a howl!" sounds the best thus far.
Or:

'Isaac Moves into battle'
'Isaac casts himself into the fray'

Anyway, Robin relighted my fire for Isaac to! I was thinking Isaac's Psynergy could be similar in function to Robin's Tomes.

Fire > Elfire > Arcfire
Thunder > Elthunder > Arcthunder
Wind > Elwind > Arcwind

Now picture Isaac:

Spire > Clay Spire > Stone Spire
Gaia > Mother Gaia > Grand Gaia
Quake > Earthquake > Quake Sphere

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What makes me more anxious about seeing Isaac this time around, is that I think this might be his last chance. Given the assumption that GS4 might not even happen. =(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What makes me more anxious about seeing Isaac this time around, is that I think this might be his last chance. Given the assumption that GS4 might not even happen. =(
I think GS4 will happen, personally. As for Isaac making it in... I think Robin actually HELPS his chances. Robin shows that Sakurai is willing to do things very differently. One thing many have suggested is Robin having the ability to summon Djinn to power of various attacks. I never once considered that a viable option, but now Robin has an entire durability mechanic (which is COMPLETELY awesome due to the fact that durability is a CENTRAL feature of Fire Emblem games), so having Robin summon all four types of djinn to power up different attacks, which is a central feature of Golden Sun games, would be a way to really make him feel unique.

I actually feel more confident about Isaac now than before.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Or:

'Isaac Moves into battle'
'Isaac casts himself into the fray'

Anyway, Robin relighted my fire for Isaac to! I was thinking Isaac's Psynergy could be similar in function to Robin's Tomes.

Fire > Elfire > Arcfire
Thunder > Elthunder > Arcthunder
Wind > Elwind > Arcwind

Now picture Isaac:

Spire > Clay Spire > Stone Spire
Gaia > Mother Gaia > Grand Gaia
Quake > Earthquake > Quake Sphere
Actually i always imagine those moves to be Smash attacks of Isaac (Spire FSmash, Gaia USmash, Qauke DSmash) If you dont charge your Smash you always obtain Spire/Gaia/Quake, middle of charge Clay Spire/Mother Gaia/Earthquake, fully charge Smash Stone Spire/Grand Gaia/Quake Sphere.

Isaac Smash with full charge would be attack with a extremely long range, but they require the risk of charging completely the smash attack and the time of charge would make the move predicable. So i think that is fair.

Top Bottom