• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say this, but our goose may be cooked:
  • Robin uses both a sword and magic (tomes).
  • Robin is Isaac's name in Japan.
I seriously hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, it's ironic that Fire Emblem's Robin was the coup de grace instead of Shulk.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say this, but our goose may be cooked:
  • Robin uses both a sword and magic (tomes).
  • Robin is Isaac's name in Japan.
I seriously hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, it's ironic that Fire Emblem's Robin was the coup de grace instead of Shulk.
In my opinion, there is no problem :
  • Isaac is an earth mage, whereas Robin uses thunder mainly and other magics. Moreover, Robin seems to have a unique gameplay based on tomes, where Isaac doesn't belongs.
  • Robin's name is Reflet in japanese : http://www.smashbros.com/fr/characters/reflet.html
They can both coexist.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's already been said but:

Pro: Gematsu isn't gospel

Con: Robin is a magic/sword wielder. This doesn't for a minute deconfirm Isaac (as he would primarily use earth magic which Robin doesn't seem to do), but it's still something to note.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is pretty much the second best announcement for me to confirming Isaac as playable.

I mean, because I really wanted Lucina... But I couldn't even think of thinking she was actually going to make it over Chrom. But she did... and in doing so it proves Gematsu's leak is incomplete and inaccurate.

I don't want to say best announcement ever, because that would be Isaac... But it certainly got me squealing and jumping up and down. xD

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, while the Gematsu leak may be dead, Isaac still has a rough road ahead of him because of Robin. I don't see why he couldn't make it but I'm sure other people will grasp onto that. But new hope is always good!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, our biggest obstacle is out of the way. Isaac definitely has a good chance now, I'd say.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
I wonder what's going to happen now? That list seems all filled up on the site.

I'm a bit behind information, but has anything about secret characters been mentioned?

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Chrom, thanks for your sacrifice. Now the rest of Character Support threads have oxygen to continue.
Now going to answer to the comparation between Isaac and Robin because is dumb and was already discussed in the past.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Chrom, thanks for your sacrifice. Now the rest of Character Support threads have oxygen to continue.
Now going to answer to the comparation between Isaac and Robin because is dumb and was already discussed in the past.
If people are arguing that any characters that use swords will play the same, they will argue HARD that two characters that use magic and swords aren't needed. Even though they would be wrong and Isaac would play nothing like Robin. People are dumb that way,

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wouldn't even dare to guess what this means for Isaac. All this wacky stuff going on.

*boots rulebook out the window*

I think it's notable that Robin doesn't use earth magic. (and heck even if he did, Mario using fire and Pikachu using electricity didn't stop Robin)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Gematsu LEAK IS DEAD!!! I been saying everywhere I go. LEAK DEAD HUGE LEAK DEAD HUGE LEAK DEAD!!!!
DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!!(Am still begging for Shulk and Chorus kids. Especially Shulk is mymost wanted Isaac is just second place.

My soul has risen to the SKY. Thanks our LORD:troll:SAKURAI!!!

Anyway, After seeing the trailer two time because Im not really hyped for the new character because Capt. Falcon STEAL the show.
Robin moveset was in my Mind, Isaac moveset. Very similar but, Robin never use Earth, Water and even Plants power Like Isaac that my have the ability to control it by using the dijins that may him unique.
Isaac can be a COOL Rival to Robin in my opinion.

Golden Sun have one of the best Gameboy Advance game I play is just that awesome. Im going to support him no matter what!!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isaac is quite the survivor; he's made it through the Direct massacre, the demo deconfirmations, and the Gematsu leak...
which is more than a lot of other notable candidates can say.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Isaac is quite the survivor; he's made it through the Direct massacre, the demo deconfirmations, and the Gematsu leak...
which is more than a lot of other notable candidates can say.
Let's hope we can have an epic trailer of Isaac in August!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I told you guys, I TOLD YOU!

LOL, what a slap in the face to the Gematsu leaker... Sakurai made the whole trailer as a way of saying "You think Chrom is in... WELL NOPE". Ha ha ha!

Ding-dong, the leak is dead! Hope for Isaac remains! All hail Sakurai-sama!

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
So, if Isaac gets in, Smash will be like Street Fighter, where Bison->Vega->Balrog? :awesome:

The reveal was actually a good thing for Isaac, because the Gematsu leak was debunked.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be clear I think both Shulk and Chorus Men are still going to be in the game, I still think the leak had valid info, it's just probably quite outdated and only partial.

But it also proves that there is still the chance of characters not on that list... which means Isaac is still a possibility. And once again, we may have to wait until release to find out. Such is the fate for Isaac supporters. :rolleyes:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
To be clear I think both Shulk and Chorus Men are still going to be in the game, I still think the leak had valid info, it's just probably quite outdated and only partial.

But it also proves that there is still the chance of characters not on that list... which means Isaac is still a possibility. And once again, we may have to wait until release to find out. Such is the fate for Isaac supporters. :rolleyes:
Exactly my thoughts. I'm sure that we will get both Shulk and one character from Rythm Heavens (Marshal or another). But Isaac is still a possibility.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'm sure Shulk is still a strong contender, but as far as I'm concerned, the Gematsu leak is dead.

The roster is one of the first things to get locked, Sakurai has stated this multiple times... the game had TWO FE newcomers, none of them were included in the leak, while one that isn't in the roster was. This only adds to "Pokemon from X & Y", the claim that all the characters were going to be E3 reveals, the claim that Shulk was today's reveals and other such inconsistencies.

Regardless, I'm just happy Isaac's chances are still strong, and that people here are a bit more optimistic.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I may just be grasping at straws here, but I think that Rayman's trophy is a boost to Isaac's chances. Why? Well, Isaac is from Camelot games, which is a second-party developer. Rayman's trophy shows that the team is easily able to represent any deleloper they please, whether they be first, second, or third. So why wouldn't they want to give Camelot games a playable character? And as a Camelot character, isaac doesn't have any real competition for the slot...

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Isaac and everything Golden Sun is owned by Nintendo (and is 1st party content), so no problem there. :)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I may just be grasping at straws here, but I think that Rayman's trophy is a boost to Isaac's chances. Why? Well, Isaac is from Camelot games, which is a second-party developer. Rayman's trophy shows that the team is easily able to represent any deleloper they please, whether they be first, second, or third. So why wouldn't they want to give Camelot games a playable character? And as a Camelot character, isaac doesn't have any real competition for the slot...
I'd think Pokemon and the playable third-parties would've already proven that...

Also, there definitely won't be a "Camelot rep".

Isaac and everything Golden Sun is owned by Nintendo (and is 1st party content), so no problem there. :)
Where's your source on that? Pretty sure the GS IP is co-owned by Camelot.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I remember when playing the original Golden Sun reading (either on the manual or in-game text) the "All characters, music, art, etc. are owned by Nintendo" disclaimer. That's why I've never considered Golden Sun or Isaac as 2nd party.

I'll try to look for a better source than my own memory, but I'm pretty sure others have mentioned this somewhere in this thread.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I remember when playing the original Golden Sun reading (either on the manual or in-game text) the "All characters, music, art, etc. are owned by Nintendo" disclaimer. That's why I've never considered Golden Sun or Isaac as 2nd party.

I'll try to look for a better source than my own memory, but I'm pretty sure others have mentioned this somewhere in this thread.
Yes, I remember this being brought up back in the pre-Brawl days, so there really isn't any dispute on it.

Considering he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, even if they had to secure the rights, they already have them.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, I found this. And this.

So, Nintendo owns all GS characters and music, while they co-own the game/scenarios(?) with Camelot.

So that settles that, Isaac has absolutely no problem or legal hurdle to be in Smash. :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, I found this. And this.

So, Nintendo owns all GS characters and music, while they co-own the game/scenarios(?) with Camelot.

So that settles that, Isaac has absolutely no problem or legal hurdle to be in Smash. :)
Well that's pretty interesting, it could be why we got a GS character and music track last time but nothing else...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Wait, you mean its one or the other?

Isaac isn't my favorite character from the series, maybe he deserves to not be in for what he did to Saturos and Menardi, in fact you better hope he makes it because I have a deal with Karst, if Isaac isn't put in, she gets him.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
My belief is that DLC characters will be vets or semi-clones of current characters. Robin just made me ecstatic, because that makes Isaac a prime candidate as one of the DLC characters (inheriting something similar to his play style).

I mean yeah, semi-clone isn't great but it sure as hell beats an assist trophy or no representation at all. I'm so happy this video exists because I've been hoping for Masked Marth, but Lucina is INFINITELY better. She will be the first Fire Emblem rep I actually play as :)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well theres still plenty of hope for any golden sun character (though personally im feeling a little pessimistic)

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Hmmm...Robin plays more or less how I expected Issac to play, except with FE spells rather than Issac's earth and move abilities...though Issac has Djinn summons too, so there's still plenty he could do. We'll see how this goes...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmmm...Robin plays more or less how I expected Issac to play, except with FE spells rather than Issac's earth and move abilities...though Issac has Djinn summons too, so there's still plenty he could do. We'll see how this goes...
The thing with Isaac, though, is he'd focus on earth Psynergy. That's a huge difference from Robin right there, plus he's been a popular request for far longer than Robin even existed. I don't see the problem at all. And no, Isaac and Robin don't have the same name. Isaac's Japanese name is Robin, but Robin's Japanese name is Reflet.

Yeah, Chrom had to be sacrificed, but its kinda for the greater good. One of the remaining Gematsu leaked characters had to be sacrificed to save hype for the game and frankly Chrom was probably the best one to do that. Granted, Sakurai TORTURED Chrom fans in that trailer. At least he made Chrom part of Robin's Final Smash.

The fact of the matter is that the FE newcomer was a very, VERY contentious subject. I think the way they handled it was the best way to do so. Robin is the central new character, and either Chrom or Lucina could be added to represent most of the Awakening main characters. Lucina was picked because she was easier to make a clone of and Chrom felt too similar to Ike and Marth.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm gonna stick with my gut feeling and say that either RAY or Isaac are in for sure.
I really don't think he would just upgrade one assist trophy one who isn't popular in Japan at all.
No, Isaac or RAY no in between it's one or the other... or both.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I immediately thought "This is awesome, but poor Isaac...", but instead I'm going back to my previous hypothesis: If Isaac is included, he may not be a sword user at all. I'm calling Psy Fist for standards, Earth psynergy for specials.

Top Bottom