• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Saying he could isn't saying he will though. I don't imagine he will, but he definitely could.
From what we've seen of all the newcomers thus far I highly doubt it. but This is Isaac's thread, sorry for the derail.

I always thought Isaac's B would be a chargeable Ragnarok

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Asuming all of Isaac's specials are Earth based... Do you think they'd be useless on air?
Or... how about ROCK specials on ground, and GRASS specials on air?

He could be the only character to have completely different specials while on earth and on air. Maybe except Neutral B.

Then for his CUSTOM moves, he could get different elements. Like:

Alternative 1: Fire elemental
Alternative 2: Water/Ice on ground, Wind/Lightning on air.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Asuming all of Isaac's specials are Earth based... Do you think they'd be useless on air?

He could be the only character to have completely different specials while on earth and on air. Maybe except Neutral B.

He could have some customized ones based off his different classes. Yeah i'd like it.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I always thought it would be cool if instead of different custom moves, Isaac would choose between 3 custom movesets based on different dijinn (each set would obviously just effect his special abilities.)

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Assuming that the gematsu leak is real, and I mean all of it, then I guess we can hope for Isaac DLC in the future

@BluePikmin11 By the way, thanks for the reminder. Let me remind you not to be immature and antagonize Isaac fans in case shulk does indeed get revealed on Monday.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace

This is why I think isaac will be much more versatile to the other two.

I was definitely wrong about shulk being similar to mart but chrom... I just seem to dislike him

I doubt isaac is getting revealed next week. Id say that we have an 80% chance that it's shulk. Though sakurai always surprises us...

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
As nice as it would be, I agree that we're not going to see anything from Isaac on Monday's direct. If I'm wrong, great. If I'm right, I don't care. Just as long as I hear that remix again, I'm good.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, and I added the supporter list to the OP. I've personally never found much point in having one, I don't see the purpose it serves tbh, but if you guys want one, and if we have one, far be it from me to speak for all the Isaac supporters. :p

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Swordsmanship is a pretty complex and varied martial art form to begin with. Then when you add magic or other fantasy elements to it and it can be made near infinitely different. Link, Marth, Ike, even the Mii Swordsmen definitely have very little in common even they all use swords. Isaac, Shulk, and even the FE awakening character definitely don't have to be copies just because their base weapon is similar.

Isaac barely even needs to make use of his sword or weapon, though I'd still be of the opinion that he should still have one for some of his attacks, even in the Brawl model he still carried a sword on his back.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want Shulk and would be excited regardless (since I'm a supporter) part of me actually wants somebody not leaked by Gematsu to be revealed on Monday, as unlikely as I think it is. I don't know...did Sakurai's statement about few introduction trailers make anybody else worried? The Gematsu leaker didn't predict Rosalina so there is definitely the possibility of more/secret newcomers than what we know of right now (just Shulk, CM and Chrom) and I think a non-Gematsu leaked character reveal could really help support that.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As much as I want Shulk and would be excited regardless (since I'm a supporter) part of me actually wants somebody not leaked by Gematsu to be revealed on Monday, as unlikely as I think it is. I don't know...did Sakurai's statement about few introduction trailers make anybody else worried? The Gematsu leaker didn't predict Rosalina so there is definitely the possibility of more/secret newcomers than what we know of right now (just Shulk, CM and Chrom) and I think a non-Gematsu leaked character reveal could really help support that.
He said there's only a few introduction trailers left. He didn't say there was only a few newcomers left. That's very interesting, I think, and may actually indicate that only pre-release newcomers get a trailer. Which would also mean that there are additional secret newcomers in the game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nah, Little Mac fills that niche nicely.

For this to be possible, we need Sakurai to make Golden Sun 4.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He said there's only a few introduction trailers left. He didn't say there was only a few newcomers left. That's very interesting, I think, and may actually indicate that only pre-release newcomers get a trailer. Which would also mean that there are additional secret newcomers in the game.
My greatest hope for seeing secret newcomers beyond the Gematsu leaked ones is perhaps the imbalance in the Pokemon character roster, the fact that there is a Fire Starter (Charizard) and the fact that there is a Water Starter (Greninja). Wouldn't it be awfully strange of them not to include a Grass Starter? And I don't see them just returning Ivysaur, as the rest present are all fully-evolved starters.

I don't want to act like the logic I presented above is the gospel truth, but it gives me real hope for further newcomers. A lot, actually. Unless Sakurai is just going to leave this flaw in the roster unchecked. I mean, I could be reading too much into it, but it makes Greninja's inclusion make a lot of sense if there is a Grass Starter waiting to be revealed.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My greatest hope for seeing secret newcomers beyond the Gematsu leaked ones is perhaps the imbalance in the Pokemon character roster, the fact that there is a Fire Starter (Charizard) and the fact that there is a Water Starter (Greninja). Wouldn't it be awfully strange of them not to include a Grass Starter? And I don't see them just returning Ivysaur, as the rest present are all fully-evolved starters.

I don't want to act like the logic I presented above is the gospel truth, but it gives me real hope for further newcomers. A lot, actually. Unless Sakurai is just going to leave this flaw in the roster unchecked. I mean, I could be reading too much into it, but it makes Greninja's inclusion make a lot of sense if there is a Grass Starter waiting to be revealed.
I don't see it happening. I don't see why people believe so heavily in the "there must be starters of every type" thing from Pokemon. Sakurai flat out confirmed he picked Greninja because he liked the look of Greninja. It had NOTHING to do with filling the Pokemon roster with all three different types of starters. If anything we'll get Mewtwo and Jiggly back.

There are other valid things to bring up, though. Namely, lack of Villains and lack of Heavyweights on the roster. Villains tend to always be unlockable anyway, so it'd make sense for no villains announced pre-release. (Plus, in all honestly, the Ridley thing is blatantly obvious. He's too small for traditional Ridley and looks nothing like a boss at all.)

So yeah, I still think there's definitely plenty to go on. There's lots of Kremling love, as well, and DK had such a huge revival. Plus if we go by sales numbers (and we assume the only available source is at least SOMEWHAT accurate), Golden Sun is far more popular than Xenoblade, and even Dark Dawn sold just under the sales of Xenoblade. There's plenty of precedence for Isaac, and we're missing several AT's already, which could hint that another AT was promoted to playable.

D

Deleted member

And in this case, Isaac might not get a trailer. That would stink, but I am still rather happy Sakurai hasn't shown a picture of Isaac and made a quote like he did with Waluigi.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Can we agree that Shulk (assuming that he is using the Monado as his main weapon with a moveset based off of Xenoblade's Battle Arts) does not fall into Isaac's realm of a being a sword-user with a moveset based off of sword fighting and "magic" (Psynergy)?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Imagine this..

The newcomer reveal trailer is for Shulk, but halfway through they swap out gameplay of Shulk with gameplay of Isaac, make an implied joke that they look similar and then reveal Isaac, too.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Imagine this..

The newcomer reveal trailer is for Shulk, but halfway through they swap out gameplay of Shulk with gameplay of Isaac, make an implied joke that they look similar and then reveal Isaac, too.
It would be the most ideal situation, yes. But too good to be true. :( I don't think there will be a happy ending to the unfortunate rivalry between the two groups.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Imagine this..

I would die.

Seriously Sakurai don't reveal both of them within the space of 3 minutes.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I would die.

Seriously Sakurai don't reveal both of them within the space of 3 minutes.
Hah, I would prefer it to the possible situation that secret newcomers don't get trailers and Isaac is secret.

I think both Shulk and Isaac deserve their time to shine.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Imagine this..

That would be the most awesome thing ever!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Throw me in @ N3ON N3ON , also finally dropped Harle? For whom?
Haven't had Harley in a while tbh. Currently my avi is the lovely Ramona Flowers. :grin:

Imagine this..

The site would implode.

And we'd never hear the end of the associations between those two. :glare:

Can we agree that Shulk (assuming that he is using the Monado as his main weapon with a moveset based off of Xenoblade's Battle Arts) does not fall into Isaac's realm of a being a sword-user with a moveset based off of sword fighting and "magic" (Psynergy)?
Pretty sure the only people who think they'd play similarly aren't familiar with either. :p

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I've finally lost all hope for Isaac at this point. You can thank Gematsu for that. I rest all my faith on Ridley now.

Btw, @BluePikmin11, I've seen more Shulk supporters that are hostile to Isaac ones than the opposite, simply because they're so dead set on the superiority of Xenoblade that they have to bash other RPGs.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
BAM
View attachment 18000
Isacsaur confirmed.
(Credit to @Cheezey Bites for the image)
I am so making Isaacsaur in my Black game, I already have Alexeon, Menarditic, and Agatiozard

As much as I would love to see Shulk confirmed, I'd rather see Isaac on Monday for one reason, its something that will finally say hey everything on that Gematsu thing is not going to be true, these last 3, I was never into Chrom, and I want to think that he got that one wrong and nobody noticed it because we have Marth and Ike, who's to say Ike was in favor of Chrom and nobody noticed that, and Chorus Men, who wants these guys in, I drew a picture of them air guitaring as 3MB as kind of joke, they really are a 3 Man Band and lets face it just like the real ones, they'd totally be jobbers in this game, who wouldn't have these guys as punching bags.

With that said please let it be Isaac, I want to see something that this Gematsu thing didn't list so we could possibly hope for the remaining characters to be characters other than Chrom, Chorus Men and Shulk, although I'll still pull for Shulk of those 3.

D

Deleted member

GameFAQs.
Eh, I said on another post that GameFAQs users tend to be hostile and linear-minded about their opinions. Lord only knows how many times I've heard "He's a swordsman! We don't need no more swordsmen!" complaints about Isaac, yet tout the superiority of Shulk.

Does Shulk have the advantage of relevancy? Sure, but Isaac has the advantage of being part of a franchise with more games than Xenoblade (3 to 2 so far), and that he's already been in Smash Bros..

I'm not advocating Isaac here or putting down Shulk, but if Sakurai decides to give Isaac a chance, this may be it.

Speaking of Smash Bros. Brawl... I never did unlock Isaac's collectable trophy.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Isaac has the advantage of being part of a franchise with more games than Xenoblade (3 to 2 so far)
Actually, the developers of Xenoblade X confirmed that they consider the Xenoblade games to be part of the greater Xeno franchise, though they aren't connected via canon. It's arguable if this is actually a point in Shulk's favor, though, because they've only been on Nintendo consoles semi-recently.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Actually, the developers of Xenoblade X confirmed that they consider the Xenoblade games to be part of the greater Xeno franchise, though they aren't connected via canon. It's arguable if this is actually a point in Shulk's favor, though, because they've only been on Nintendo consoles semi-recently.
That's kinda weird considering Xenoblade wasn't even going to have the Xeno-preface in the title to begin with.

Regardless, even if Monolith feels that way, Sakurai might not.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That's kinda weird considering Xenoblade wasn't even going to have the Xeno-preface in the title to begin with.

Regardless, even if Monolith feels that way, Sakurai might not.
I'm not sure about the details. That's just something I had to point out since I heard it at the Xenoblade X Treehouse thing.

Top Bottom