• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I just get this weird feeling that Sakurai will make him an Assist Trophy again, even though I resent that.

He has so much potential as well, but to be honest, no one knows what Sakurai is thinking so all we can do is wait T_T...

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
So, I just replayed Golden Sun...

Goddamn, I had forgotten about how much I loved this series. Sign me up as a supporter, I would love for Golden Sun to get some kind of playable rep.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
@ N3ON N3ON should have really made a support list by now.

Heck, I'll make it myself
  • N3ON
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Diddy Kong
  • Backgammon
  • Falkoopa
  • AgatioGanon
  • ethanrodgers223
  • JaidynReiman
  • DukeNapoleon
  • ferioku
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Altais
  • Accursed
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • DraginHikari
  • Mishudo
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Octillus
  • Shinhed-echi
  • EddyBearr
  • SuperBrawler
  • Thekewlusername
  • iam8bit
  • Swampasaur
  • Bassoonist
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Cheezey Bites
  • NitrusVirus
  • Kikaru
  • Arteen
  • Zandro
  • Young Horsetail
  • Vintage Creep
  • SmashBro99
  • Oddyesy
  • Raetah
  • Oniric Spriter
  • TCT~Phantom
  • Crap-Zapper
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Vann Accessible
  • ToothiestAura
  • Ultinarok
  • TimeSmash
  • PSIguy89
  • KingShadow
  • Papagenos
  • M23-X0
  • Superyoshiom
  • Master Rapier
  • SSBFan
  • UltimateWario
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Pacack
  • LaniusShrike
  • Dimensionsword64
  • ZanZero
  • Oz37
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • StaffofSmashing
  • FirstBlade
  • JDogindy
  • MasterMushroom
  • Staarih
  • MorbidAltruism
  • TimeSmash
  • Lady Palutena
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • Xenigma
  • Zulyar
  • DustyPumpkin
  • fogbadge.
  • smashkirby
  • Ryan
  • foolssigma
  • legendofrob1
  • sheik93
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Lightosia
  • Sqid
  • lightdasher
  • andimidna
  • Lurxy
  • MaskO'Gears
  • SmashShadow
  • egaddmario
  • CliffJumper
  • NoR4U
  • AquaDork1
  • Eagle
  • Bane84
  • Blaziken
  • skaaaa
  • Xiivi
  • Aqua Rock X
  • Niala
  • thethirdkoopa
  • Your Hero
  • Kycse
  • Captain Toad
  • Radical Beam
  • Leafeon523
  • e105beta
  • SirCamp
  • YoshiandToad
  • R.O.B.
  • Neo Zero
  • DivinexRose
  • Dromader
  • MAGMIS
  • jweb22
  • Mega Bidoof
  • KiraYoshikage
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • Doncalot
  • Jak_spoon
  • Kind Dedede
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Vegito2727
  • Keybladeguy
  • Spazzy_D
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • Warheart_666
  • GraveEclipse567
  • Drakonis
  • aldelaro5
  • Violenceman
  • MetalMario128
  • Really Shy Guy
  • someonetookjacob
  • IntelliHeath1
  • GM_3826
  • bassem6
  • cocy965
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • sandfall
  • Sagittarius
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Aguki90
  • Phaazoid
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Nimbostratus
  • Edlocke
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Kumatora
This isn't a complete list, just so you know.

I got 148 people there so far.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ N3ON N3ON should have really made a support list by now.

Heck, I'll make it myself

• True Blue Warrior
  • Diddy Kong
  • Backgammon
  • Falkoopa
  • AgatioGanon
  • ethanrodgers223
  • N3ON
  • JaidynReiman
  • DukeNapoleon
  • ferioku
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Altais
  • Accursed
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • DraginHikari
  • Mishudo
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Octillus
  • Shinhed-echi
  • EddyBearr
  • SuperBrawler
  • Thekewlusername
  • iam8bit
  • Swampasaur
  • Bassoonist
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Cheezey Bites
  • NitrusVirus
  • Kikaru
  • Arteen
  • Zandro
  • Young Horsetail
  • Vintage Creep
  • SmashBro99
  • Oddyesy
  • Raetah
  • Oniric Spriter
  • TCT~Phantom
  • Crap-Zapper
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Vann Accessible
  • ToothiestAura
  • Ultinarok
  • TimeSmash
  • PSIguy89
  • KingShadow
  • Papagenos
  • M23-X0
  • Superyoshiom
  • Master Rapier
This isn't a compete list, just so you know.
You can add me if you'd like. He's not high up there, but he'd be cool to see.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I haven't posted on this thread before as I had nothing useful to say, but I fully support Isaac! Please add me to the list.

I'm glad to actually see just how many people here support him- it's encouraging.

I fear it probably won't be enough to get him out of AT status, but at least he's still not disconfirmed. I nearly died from anxiety during the AT segment on the April Direct. Not sure I could go through that again. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, we were one of the few threads to not have a supporter's list. It's a cool thing to do now, I guess.

By the way, you should put N3ON at the top of the list. It feels odd to placed before the thread creator.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
How do you guys feel about golden sun dark dawn? I recently played through both golden suns, and I want to continue the series, but I heard mixed things about dark dawn... To keep it on topic, does Isaac and the original crew have much of a role in the story? Because part of the reason I loved the first two games was because I really liked the plot and the characters that drove it.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Isaac and Garet appear in the beginning, and the others are referenced, but other than that, they don't have much of a direct role, no. Good news, though, everyone's favorite scholar does return in full force! :awesome:

All in all, I would say Dark Dawn is a serviceable RPG, but not nearly as good as the first two. Also, beware the points of no return if you are a completionist, like me - seriously, there's, like, 3 of them. Caused me to quit playing out of frustration, then replay it all from the beginning. There are some Djinn you absolutely cannot get after certain events. Sooo yeah, beware of those.

Musings on another sequel, spoiler tagged just in case:

That just got me thinking - what if the potential sequel, instead of following Matthew, or Felix's hypothetical kid, or any of these other kids, instead follows adult Isaac and shows what he gets up to during Matthew's quest? Would be an interesting take on a sequel, at least. Maybe he's gotta reunite the old team. Could feel like an actual adventure of significance, instead of just an extended errand, and also give him an excuse to revisit all of the old locations with a new twist - two things I thought Dark Dawn was sorely lacking. Like, I really wanted to revisit Lemuria, but with all of the old ruins that were inaccessible before now open thanks to the return of alchemy, perhaps as a dungeon. Or maybe Anemos came down from the sky once they realized alchemy had returned. And the return to Sol Sanctum basically writes itself. Probably won't ever happen...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac and Garet appear in the beginning, and the others are referenced, but other than that, they don't have much of a direct role, no. Good news, though, everyone's favorite scholar does return in full force! :awesome:

All in all, I would say Dark Dawn is a serviceable RPG, but not nearly as good as the first two. Also, beware the points of no return if you are a completionist, like me - seriously, there's, like, 3 of them. Caused me to quit playing out of frustration, then replay it all from the beginning. There are some Djinn you absolutely cannot get after certain events. Sooo yeah, beware of those.

Musings on another sequel, spoiler tagged just in case:

That just got me thinking - what if the potential sequel, instead of following Matthew, or Felix's hypothetical kid, or any of these other kids, instead follows adult Isaac and shows what he gets up to during Matthew's quest? Would be an interesting take on a sequel, at least. Maybe he's gotta reunite the old team. Could feel like an actual adventure of significance, instead of just an extended errand, and also give him an excuse to revisit all of the old locations with a new twist - two things I thought Dark Dawn was sorely lacking. Like, I really wanted to revisit Lemuria, but with all of the old ruins that were inaccessible before now open thanks to the return of alchemy, perhaps as a dungeon. Or maybe Anemos came down from the sky once they realized alchemy had returned. And the return to Sol Sanctum basically writes itself. Probably won't ever happen...

I think it'd be neat if it goes back to Adult Isaac as the main character. Besides, if Isaac makes it into Smash Bros. people would probably prefer to play as Isaac in the next Golden Sun game, anyway. A while back someone else mentioned the possibility that what happens at the end of Dark Dawn:

could potentially drain the original characters of all their powers and Djinn, forcing them to get it all back again.

Could be interesting if it turned out that way.

D

Deleted member

Have you guys heard of this new leak (source): http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91105966296/rumor-mill-gematsu-plus-rumor

The only information they gave me was that they worked in animation and sound. He gave me a list of various information, and I quote,

"The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning."

He said that to prove his legitimacy, Wario is to be publicly announced before the end of next week. He also said that he was connected with the user on the Brawl board who had leaked Brawl’s character roster.

Keep in mind, I have no idea as to whether this information is legitimate.”

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's probably fake, though I do expect a final leak of the overall roster, which would include the veterans that did make it in, to be leaked this month or the next.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Have you guys heard of this new leak (source): http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91105966296/rumor-mill-gematsu-plus-rumor

The only information they gave me was that they worked in animation and sound. He gave me a list of various information, and I quote,

"The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning."

He said that to prove his legitimacy, Wario is to be publicly announced before the end of next week. He also said that he was connected with the user on the Brawl board who had leaked Brawl’s character roster.

This kinda hurts Gematsu in my opinion, because how would they know that Wario will be shown off this week and be so c*cksure about it?

Anyway, I have yet to see my name on Isaac's support list, I myself once had an Isaac avatar for crying out loud!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This kinda hurts Gematsu in my opinion, because how would they know that Wario will be shown off this week and be so c*cksure about it?

Anyway, I have yet to see my name on Isaac's support list, I myself once had an Isaac avatar for crying out loud!
Don't worry, it's there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As nice as it'd be, I doubt it's true, but at least this rumor has an expiry date on it, so we'll know sooner than later.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Wario is the mostlikely newcomer reveal anyway, people are expecting a veteran reveal this week, and this guy gives us a nice solid TWO WEEKS before he can be debunked. Ridiculous. I think Isaac still has great chances of being playable at this point, but I don't buy that leak for a second (that said I wouldn't mind it; its only missing K. Rool and a non-Chrom FE rep for me, really).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wario is the mostlikely newcomer reveal anyway, people are expecting a veteran reveal this week, and this guy gives us a nice solid TWO WEEKS before he can be debunked. Ridiculous. I think Isaac still has great chances of being playable at this point, but I don't buy that leak for a second (that said I wouldn't mind it; its only missing K. Rool and a non-Chrom FE rep for me, really).
Still want Takamaru, or at least a retro of some sort, but I would be doing back flips if those were our new comers.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Still want Takamaru, or at least a retro of some sort, but I would be doing back flips if those were our new comers.
The list is better than just Gematsu, but frankly I'd rather have K. Rool over Dixie (just slightly; plus with all the Kremling love we've got so far, K. Rool just looks more and more likely), or both (unlikely), and Robin over Chrom (Gematsu is outdated, plus we have Id~Purpose instead of anything related to Chrom, Id~Purpose is really Robin's theme).

I still think Isaac is in without this leak.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll start complaining about the abundance of sword-users the moment they all adopt the same moveset and playstyle.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its kinda hard to keep adding more and more sword users without them being very similar to one another. Especially when three of them come from the same series with very similar classes (Roy, Marth, and Chrom really; Ike is based on the mercenary so he's a bit different).

About the only thing I like about Chrom is he's based on the Lord class that promotes into a mounted unit (all of which except Eirika could use lances upon promotion)... so its at least something a little different.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are things to complain about with Chrom, but the simple fact that he's a sword-wielder a bit too general to single out as a reason to dislike him tbh. I mean... so is Shulk, so is Isaac, yet only people who really don't know those characters would complain about yet another sword-wielder being added, as those two would offer a playstyle super diverse than anything we already have.

Which is where Chrom differs, and why I can understand the complaints (I personally don't want to see him). While I don't doubt he'll be unique, it's just that alternative choices could've been that much more diverse than a character who at his core is based on characters that already exist in his series and in Smash.

In any case, the sword-wielder argument has always been shallow, it really depends on the character in question.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are things to complain about with Chrom, but the simple fact that he's a sword-wielder a bit too general to single out as a reason to dislike him tbh. I mean... so is Shulk, so is Isaac, yet only people who really don't know those characters would complain about yet another sword-wielder being added, as those two would offer a playstyle super diverse than anything we already have.

Which is where Chrom differs, and why I can understand the complaints (I personally don't want to see him). While I don't doubt he'll be unique, it's just that alternative choices could've been that much more diverse than a character who at his core is based on characters that already exist in his series and in Smash.

In any case, the sword-wielder argument has always been shallow, it really depends on the character in question.
Shulk and Isaac have other things at their disposal than just using swords. That's the difference. Chrom is basically Ike 2.0 with some of Marth's traits. He has Marth's signature weapon and Ike's signature attack. None of his attacks are really all too different from any other sword characters we have. He could be unique, but there's better picks from FE, namely Robin. But hey, if I get Isaac, Ridley, and Dixie Kong (although I'd prefer K. Rool and do think he'd get in before her), I'd take Chrom. I'd just prefer not to have Chrom.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sorry I though this was the Isaac thread my mistake
Lol, I got confused for a second myself when someone starting complaining about new FE reps in the game. :p I thought I had clicked on the Robin thread until I realized it was N3ON I was responding to and not Hong. :p

EDIT: Considering how often people keep changing their avatars, its not hard to get them mixed up if you tend to go more based on the avatar and follow numerous threads. Hong's avatar is constantly changing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom