• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Think of it kind of as a reverse Lucario with four stages (depending on how many djinn are on set/standby).

The idea was that Isaac is a strong character by default, but you can either choose to be all attack, or use djinn and play a defensive/support role instead. The purpose of making B "set" is so that Isaac has the ability to re-buff himself. I want to say it should take a second to do (if it's an attack) and can be interrupted.

Isaac would be a powerful character with several weaknesses: frequent nerfing/buffing throughout the battle. mid-fast attacks (could be beaten by any quick character) and has a "useless" attack that takes a second to fulfill. Chances are his recovery options will be a bit limited too since I can't think of any long-range djinn attacks/recovery options.
I can understand the logic and premise behind it, but I think it would just back fire to most Isaac players.

Being able to interrupt Isaac buffing himself does seem interesting, but would that not put Isaac at a disadvantage against all other characters? I mean, some characters are naturally weaker than others, but having Isaac constantly changing between battles would be pretty cumbersome to those who play as him. In this case, Isaac would not have any common ground to work on and would be constantly switching back and forth between being a character with decent stats to a character with less than decent stats.

The premise you presented is intriguing and could work, but I would rather play Isaac with a fixed set of stats.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't like the idea of a buffing system, either, I think its a bit too complicated. Just Isaac's Psynergy alone is enough to make him original, coupled with the fact that he's an earth-based adapt makes him even more original since no other character can use anything earth-based. (Ike having Earth affinity doesn't count because he doesn't do anything with it in Smash Bros. :p)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh... No to the buffing idea. WFT does it already.

I'll be pretty satisfied with a moveset based primarily on field psynegies and earth psynegies, with a few sword moves throw in.

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
I was just thinking about it and If Isaac is playable, we get a sweet Isaac Amiibo figure.
Hmm... Now I'm really going to be upset if Isaac doesn't make it in.

Must... Not... Put... Hopes... Too High...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was just thinking about it and If Isaac is playable, we get a sweet Isaac Amiibo figure.

Now the salt will be real if we don't get a playable Isaac. :p

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice

...why must you do this to me?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A user from Reddit named roydgriffin made this awesome illustration for his desired Isaac moveset. Thought I'd share it with you guys here!

Here's the Reddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/28msnj/i_made_a_moveset_for_isaac_maybe_looks_a_bit_too/

(If I'm not allowed to post URLs then feel free to edit it out, my apologies!)
I like his ideas for the specials, especially the controllable 'Move'.

I still want Judgement for his Final Smash though.

Oh, and it's perfectly fine to post URLs.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
for that moveset, I'm trying to understand how quake works in the air. I would have the quake motion occur after he lands on the ground, with some type of sword attack being involved so the B up does damage.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
All right, just keep rock'n rolling with the puns, why don't you? If the character didn't convince me, the fanbase would've.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
I'm currently playing through golden sun for the first time, and Judas Priest do I want Isaac in smash now. At first I didn't really want him because he seemed to me to be quite similar to Link in stature (mind you I had never even heard of his games), but after getting into the series which I completely adore so far, Isaac is among my top wanted newcomers.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently playing through golden sun for the first time, and Judas Priest do I want Isaac in smash now. At first I didn't really want him because he seemed to me to be quite similar to Link in stature (mind you I had never even heard of his games), but after getting into the series which I completely adore so far, Isaac is among my top wanted newcomers.
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

No but seriously, that's awesome. I hope you enjoy the rest of it, and just wait til you play GS: The Lost Age. It's a stellar sequel.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sweet. Join the club!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still want Judgement for his Final Smash though.
Still, it has to be something reasonable. This is just my opinion, but I'm not sure that Judgment would fit very well. In the games it is a large-scale blast... I mean, yes, it *could* work and I wouldn't be too disappointed if it really was his Final Smash, but I just think that the scale at which it works would be a bit weird on a Smash Bros. stage.

Chances are, Isaac would get a Final Smash made from thin air, either way. As that's the way it has worked with a lot of the characters. lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What would you people like to see in the Isaac reveal trailer?

I personally would love it if he where to take down the other Psychic Smashers, Mewtwo and Ness / Lucas. Or if they'd get revealed all three togheter!

First we see Ness get on the stage with PK Thunder 2 or maybe better yet, PK Teleport. A Mr. Saturn walks back, and Ness does a taunt: 'OKAY!' :ness: "Ness booms into battle!"
Then out of nothing, Mewtwo teleports on the stage, does his Pokémon cry (but possibly more violently), and the camera zooms in: "Mewtwo is out for revenge!"
And Mewtwo starts assaulting Ness with a barrage of attacks, and afterwards, teleports into a grab and throws Ness far away across the stage.
Ness, damaged a lot struggles to get up, and Mewtwo takes his advantage and charges up his Shadow Ball. When fully charged, Mewtwo throws it, but Ness absorbs it with PK Magnet and heals himself. Mewtwo angers himself and teleports towards Ness to attack while Ness charges up his PK Flash / PK Rockin' then suddenly...

And Mewtwo and Ness both get blasted back. Caught in the surprise, they both get up and look an unfamiliar face :

"Isaac Moves in!"

Mewtwo and Ness charge up their Shadow Ball and PK Flash / PK Rocking planning an unexpected tag team move on Isaac, when Isaac just closes his eyes for a slim second then suddenly shouts: MOVE!!

And it blasts Mewtwo and Ness even further away from the stage (or possbily even results in a KO of both).

Next up in the trailer would just be like the rest of the trailers, showing off Isaac's moves. Characters he'll probably face during this could be: Ike, Marth, Greninja, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Ness, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf. Also, Venus Lighthouse would be shown.

The trailer could end with a couple of characters wanting to gang up on Isaac, when he out of the sudden is glowing with an intense aura around him and unleashes his Final Smash: Judgement!

And boom, trailer ends, and we see the Smash Bros. logo.

Like or no like?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Still, it has to be something reasonable. This is just my opinion, but I'm not sure that Judgment would fit very well. In the games it is a large-scale blast... I mean, yes, it *could* work and I wouldn't be too disappointed if it really was his Final Smash, but I just think that the scale at which it works would be a bit weird on a Smash Bros. stage.

Chances are, Isaac would get a Final Smash made from thin air, either way. As that's the way it has worked with a lot of the characters. lol
the way i see judgement working is a bit like capatain falcon's or megaman's where at first isaac would unleash something that would knock them into a place where they would then be hit by the blast

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I imagine Isaac's Judgement working as a giant, powered up version of a Smart Bomb basically. But indeed, with the same sort of background cinematics like Falcon's and Olimar's have.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What would you people like to see in the Isaac reveal trailer?

I personally would love it if he where to take down the other Psychic Smashers, Mewtwo and Ness / Lucas. Or if they'd get revealed all three togheter!

First we see Ness get on the stage with PK Thunder 2 or maybe better yet, PK Teleport. A Mr. Saturn walks back, and Ness does a taunt: 'OKAY!' :ness: "Ness booms into battle!"
Then out of nothing, Mewtwo teleports on the stage, does his Pokémon cry (but possibly more violently), and the camera zooms in: "Mewtwo is out for revenge!"
And Mewtwo starts assaulting Ness with a barrage of attacks, and afterwards, teleports into a grab and throws Ness far away across the stage.
Ness, damaged a lot struggles to get up, and Mewtwo takes his advantage and charges up his Shadow Ball. When fully charged, Mewtwo throws it, but Ness absorbs it with PK Magnet and heals himself. Mewtwo angers himself and teleports towards Ness to attack while Ness charges up his PK Flash / PK Rockin' then suddenly...

And Mewtwo and Ness both get blasted back. Caught in the surprise, they both get up and look an unfamiliar face :

"Isaac Moves in!"

Mewtwo and Ness charge up their Shadow Ball and PK Flash / PK Rocking planning an unexpected tag team move on Isaac, when Isaac just closes his eyes for a slim second then suddenly shouts: MOVE!!

And it blasts Mewtwo and Ness even further away from the stage (or possbily even results in a KO of both).

Next up in the trailer would just be like the rest of the trailers, showing off Isaac's moves. Characters he'll probably face during this could be: Ike, Marth, Greninja, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Ness, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf. Also, Venus Lighthouse would be shown.

The trailer could end with a couple of characters wanting to gang up on Isaac, when he out of the sudden is glowing with an intense aura around him and unleashes his Final Smash: Judgement!

And boom, trailer ends, and we see the Smash Bros. logo.

Like or no like?
That is awesome.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Artists are amazing haha. I love visual movesets like that.
I was thinking since rock psynergy was being used for B Movesets, what if Growth was used as a grab:
-Regular grab would come from below
-Basic damage would be the plants compressing onto player
-Up throw would be a quake from bottom
-I don't know the rest :laugh:
And his smash moves could consist of Hand psynergy, while ariels would be his sword?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Artists are amazing haha. I love visual movesets like that.
I was thinking since rock psynergy was being used for B Movesets, what if Growth was used as a grab:
-Regular grab would come from below
-Basic damage would be the plants compressing onto player
-Up throw would be a quake from bottom
-I don't know the rest :laugh:
And his smash moves could consist of Hand psynergy, while ariels would be his sword?
That is pretty interesting. I actually thought that using his magical, free-moving "hand" would be more suitable.

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Oh I definitely agree, I was just going off the basis if that artist's moveset was reality, and growth needs some lovin' :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Any time I think of an Isaac trailer, it always starts leading up to Venus Lighthouse....then the Lighthouse music begins and Golden Sun fans everywhere start crapping their pants.

It would be beautiful.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If Isaac is in the game, I have a feeling his reveal trailer won't be nearly as obvious as some of the others, like Little Mac and Palutena. Also, I fancy it will be much more serious in tone than others. I could see it involving other RPG characters in Super Smash Bros, such as Link, Ness, Marth, Sheik, or Lucario.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Judgement would be perfect, just think of how it works in Golden Sun, thrashing all different areas...now replace those areas with other Smash Bros. stages! xD

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Isaac is in the game, I have a feeling his reveal trailer won't be nearly as obvious as some of the others, like Little Mac and Palutena. Also, I fancy it will be much more serious in tone than others. I could see it involving other RPG characters in Super Smash Bros, such as Link, Ness, Marth, Sheik, or Lucario.
Link and Sheik aren't RPG characters, The Legend of Zelda is an action-adventure series and the only game in the series that has any RPG elements whatsoever is The Adventure of Link.

That said Judgment NEEDS to be Isaac's Final Smash. I don't see why its being suggested as a regular move, that's a huge demotion...

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Judgement would probably work like a huge blue colored smart bomb coming from the side of the stage.

Last edited:

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
I could see Ragnarok being Isaac's Final Smash as well. Summoning a giant sword to come crashing down on his opponents works for me. Judgement is the most popular choice because its the most obvious. Its the most powerful earth based summon and is epic; which is what the series is known for. There are a few of Isaac's summons that could pass for a decent Final Smash. I'm hoping whatever Sakurai chooses (If he does include Isaac) is something interesting, and if it is Judgement, that it looks cool and fits with the style of the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd rather see Oddessey as a Final Smash than Ragnarok. It just has that much extra nice visuals, and would make for a better attack all around.

Top Bottom