• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Thanks for the information. So what additional ATs did you see?
Metroid (Metroid Series)
Magnus (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Elecman (Megaman Series)
Shadow (Sonic Series)
Devil (the guy that moves the stage with his fingers)
Lakitu (same one as in Brawl)

Besides the ones that we already know about, those were the ones.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I got to Mallow then I knew it was fake. :p
Seriously, Mallow isn't even the right size in that pic, not to mention that it's Mallow. Who are they trying to kid?

In any case, try and keep the discussion relevant to Isaac or GS.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, no sighting of Isaac today? Good.

Now to pin my hopes on him being a unlockable newcomer to be shown after release.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ridley and Sceptile's chances basically invalidate the entire thing, imo.
If you keep that up the Ridley people might invade this thread. Keep that stuff on the down low.

Edit: Isaac got ahead of both of Ridley and Sceptile, so I say I like this poll.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And the obligatory "Hey, let's ask them about Goku!" shtick.
Personally, I would say this poll is very good, minus the Goku part.

Think of this: Isaac is right behind 4 people in the popularity, but do you know what makes them special?

The first being Chrom, who is the newest Lord in the newest Fire Emblem game.

Robin: Who is the alternative in case Chrom does not get in and is a fan favorite (since Robin is the player's character).

Chorus Men: Supported by Sal's leak and having some new fans in his games helps the Chorus Men's chances.

Now the heavy hitters:

Shulk:
Not only is his game an international hit, but he is internationally popular and well liked among the whole world. It doesn't hurt that he is a fresh face amongst his Nintendo amigos.

Mewtwo: Mewtwo is a character that was cut in the past, but his popularity still remains strong. Being one of the most internationally famous Pokemon in the world behind Pikachu and Jigglypuff.

tl;dr: Isaac is right behind 4 Sho-ins and two internationally famous characters who have fans around the world supporting them.

Honestly, Isaac's chances do not look that bad in terms of popularity.

Last edited:

bassem6

Smash Lord
Personally, I would say this poll is very good, minus the Goku part.

Think of this: Isaac is right behind 5 people in the popularity, but do you know what makes them special?

The first being Chrom, who is the newest Lord in the newest Fire Emblem game.

Robin: Who is the alternative in case Chrom does not get in and is a fan favorite (since Robin is the player's character).

Chorus Men: Supported by Sal's leak and having some new fans in his games helps the Chorus Men's chances.

Now the heavy hitters:

Shulk:
Not only is his game an international hit, but he is internationally popular and well liked among the whole world. It doesn't hurt that he is a fresh face amongst his Nintendo amigos.

Mewtwo: Mewtwo is a character that was cut in the past, but his popularity still remains strong. Being one of the most internationally famous Pokemon in the world behind Pikachu and Jigglypuff.

tl;dr: Isaac is right behind 4 Sho-ins and two internationally famous characters who have fans around the world supporting them.

Honestly, Isaac's chances do not look that bad in terms of popularity.
Isaac is higher than Robin on that prediction survey. But yeah, you make a good point.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That still doesn't mean anything for Isaac, obviously, but it does help. We had numerous disconfirmations via several existing AT's, and quite a few new AT's as well.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That still doesn't mean anything for Isaac, obviously, but it does help. We had numerous disconfirmations via several existing AT's, and quite a few new AT's as well.
We should start looking for possible signs of Djinns in Smash Run. That would be the best bet in finding something in relation to Isaac.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We should start looking for possible signs of Djinns in Smash Run. That would be the best bet in finding something in relation to Isaac.
It all depends. If the leaked Newcomers are all starters, Djinns might not be available in Smash Run until after Isaac is unlocked.

EDIT: Also, not all franchises have enemies in Smash Run, either. Fire Emblem has plenty of potential for enemies in Smash Run, such as Risen and other demonic creatures from both Sacred Stones and Gaiden.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's a bit early to declare which series do and don't have content in Smash run...

I mean if Ice Climber can get something, FE probably will have something as well.

But it's entirely possible some stuff won't show up until conditions are met, including hypothetically GS material. However we won't really know for sure until the 3DS version actually releases.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok this may sound a little fanboyish but with all the character deconfirmations with assist trophies I'm almost positive at this point that Isaac is in.
I mean think about it Ray and Isaac are really the only characters that can get upgraded to playable at this point and I definitely think there will be one (if not two) other upgraded behind Liittle Mac.
And it's obviously not Saki.
Ray or Isaac? I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but I think it's looking better and better for Isaac.

And Ray... maybe.

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64
The only thing about the whole Isaac and Ray being assist trophies and not being seen is that they were unlockable in Brawl.

But so was Shadow, and we've seen him. I don't know what to think, and waiting is so hard.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only thing about the whole Isaac and Ray being assist trophies and not being seen is that they were unlockable in Brawl.

But so was Shadow, and we've seen him. I don't know what to think, and waiting is so hard.
Infantry and Tanks was unlockable in Brawl as well, but it was available in the Brawl demo.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm pretty sure we won't know Isaac's fate until info is leaked a couple days before release. I'm sad we didn't hear anything about Golden Sun at e3, but with Mario Golf I can understand why. Maybe next year?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm pretty sure we won't know Isaac's fate until info is leaked a couple days before release. I'm sad we didn't hear anything about Golden Sun at e3, but with Mario Golf I can understand why. Maybe next year?
Even after release we might not be sure, DLC and all.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering we've already got Golf and Tennis and Camelot hasn't made a console game in quite a while... it's possible. Even if it does go into development relatively soon I could still see not hearing about it for two years, considering RPG development does take longer than development of a fairly basic sports game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it'd be neat to have a console Golden Sun game, and of note, we've got several Pokemon RPG's, Xenoblade (which is more of a hybrid action-based RPG), and no turn-based RPG's yet. Also, Golden Sun was re-released, we should see Golden Sun: The Lost Age soon, and since DS games have been released on Wii U Virtual Console, we may also see a re-release of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn all on the lineup to Golden Sun 4, making the jump from handheld to Wii U.

It could happen, although I think it'd be more likely for Golden Sun 4 to stick to 3DS. Regardless, though, I think Golden Sun 4 is happening soon, and now would be the ideal time to add Isaac to Smash Bros. to promote it. That said, he might be unlockable, because Dark Dawn didn't sell that well and likely isn't currently on the market, so Isaac won't be marketed too well, but he may still be in the game.

So yeah, there's definitely a lot of good things going for Isaac. We just have to see how things play out.

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
I'd personally want Golden Sun to stick with handhelds.
Partly because I have a 3DS and probably won't get a Wii U for a couple of years.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd personally want Golden Sun to stick with handhelds.
Partly because I have a 3DS and probably won't get a Wii U for a couple of years.
I can't deny that I'd love to see a Golden Sun game in glorious HD.
But sticking to it's roots is probably the best way to go as long as Pokemon doesn't overshadow it and become the only successful handheld RPG.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They need to market the next Golden Sun game better. Adding Isaac as a playable character would be the perfect way to do that. :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be fair Nintendo needs to market a whole lot of their games better. Systems too.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They need to market the next Golden Sun game better. Adding Isaac as a playable character would be the perfect way to do that. :D
I agree but what is your opinion 3DS or Wii U?
And on the subject of marketing the next Golden Sun they could announce a new one in the Direct where they reveal Isaac.
That is if we lived in a perfect world.:awesome:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
To be fair Nintendo needs to market a whole lot of their games better. Systems too.
You mean to tell me there are other games besides the annual releases of Zelda, Mario and Pokemon?! Preposterous!

I do think its relatively funny how the Wii sold like hot cakes not because of how fantastic it was but simply for soccer moms loving the gimmicks of Wii Sports and Wii Fit. Much like My Little Pony, that's one demographic you never would have expected to see.

I'll agree Nintendo needs to start sharing the wealth when it comes to the lesser franchises. I'm really getting tired of Zelda and Mario only lasts so long. The Wii U has potential for greatness but for my parties its just recreating the same atmosphere of the 64 days. Can't wait for Star Fox and hope Golden Sun sees another release soon. I really wouldn't mind a U title, much like the new Zelda finally learning to go "Oblivion".

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You mean to tell me there are other games besides the annual releases of Zelda, Mario and Pokemon?! Preposterous!

I do think its relatively funny how the Wii sold like hot cakes not because of how fantastic it was but simply for soccer moms loving the gimmicks of Wii Sports and Wii Fit. Much like My Little Pony, that's one demographic you never would have expected to see.

I'll agree Nintendo needs to start sharing the wealth when it comes to the lesser franchises. I'm really getting tired of Zelda and Mario only lasts so long. The Wii U has potential for greatness but for my parties its just recreating the same atmosphere of the 64 days. Can't wait for Star Fox and hope Golden Sun sees another release soon. I really wouldn't mind a U title, much like the new Zelda finally learning to go "Oblivion".
I wish Zelda had yearly releases.
But I agree they need to do something about their marketing branch it's getting ridiculous when Wonderful 101 sells like crap and Mario Kart 8 is the best selling game.
It's, like you said, really starting to seem like they don't care about their other games besides Zelda and Mario.

Edit: also glad you said Oblivion instead of Skyrim.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wish Zelda had yearly releases.
But I agree they need to do something about their marketing branch it's getting ridiculous when Wonderful 101 sells like crap and Mario Kart 8 is the best selling game.
It's, like you said, really starting to seem like they don't care about their other games besides Zelda and Mario.

Edit: also glad you said Oblivion instead of Skyrim.
Ehh... I would've gone with Morrowind myself, but Morrowind was mostly an island.

It's sort of a problem where people complain about Nintendo's lack of new IPs, but either the games don't sell (like Wonderful 101) or people crap on it (like Inklings). Marketing those titles would be great, but priorities tend to be the focus.

I'd also like a new Golden Sun game, but it should stay on the 3DS. After all, I find RPGs to be more fun on portable consoles than home ones because I'm not into 6 minute movies and lengthy turn-based stuff.

Top Bottom