• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Doncalot

Smash Rookie
You know, I'm happy Isaac's fate is still unknown. Even if Sal's leak is real, we have some proof that some newcomers can slip under his knowledge (Rosalina&Luma). I get the feeling that he's a perfect candidate for a DLC character if it comes down to that.

D

Deleted member

We still have Saturday to look out for. If that passes without any Isaac sighting, we're in luck.
Kinda suffering from a brainfart right now. What's going on Saturday?

But I do agree that if Isaac isn't presented as an Assist Trophy then, we'll be in the clear likely about his status.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Kinda suffering from a brainfart right now. What's going on Saturday?

But I do agree that if Isaac isn't presented as an Assist Trophy then, we'll be in the clear likely about his status.
More Best Buy demos, so more of a chance to see Isaac as an assist.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'll be going again Saturday, so I'll let you know what I see. No AT's spawned during my two matches last time.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I feel like if Isaac were an available AT in the demos, we would have heard about it by now, but still - here's hoping Saturday passes with no deconfirmation!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I feel like if Isaac were an available AT in the demos, we would have heard about it by now, but still - here's hoping Saturday passes with no deconfirmation!
Best possible scenario: Mathew is confirmed as an assist trophy that behaves exactly as Isaac did in Brawl.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If the Sal leak does end up true, he did "confirm" DLC, so there's always that. The fact that Isaac hasn't popped up as an AT, and if he indeed isn't an AT anymore would automatically mean he's in the running for future DLC.

Still keeping my hopes up that he's in the roster, though. Embarrass

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Locked ATs were also present in Brawl's demo - who knows if some of the new ATs we've seen will end up being hidden in the final game.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Oh god I just got such a scare. Someone on the Facebook Smash Discussion page said they saw Isaac come out of an AT.

Turns out their eyes are just bad at being eyes.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be fair there seem to be a lot of past ATs still up in the air.
A lot of AT's are still up in the air, but thankfully Isaac's is one of them, and that's after learning about a TON of a new AT's as well. Honestly, not showing off all the remaining returning AT's is helpful for anyone hoping for additional AT's to be promoted to playable, and in Sakurai's case, if he had a plan to make another playable AT, he wouldn't want to debunk all returning AT's except one, so... THERE'S STILL HOPE!

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We should all spread out and watch as much SSB4 Wii U and 3DS footage as we can to make sure that we don't see Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In addition to Isaac, Alex would also be a fantastic addition
We'd need Isaac first, but yes, Alex would be the next-mostlikely Golden Sun character, especially if we finally get to fight the ******* in a future game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tingle was another locked AT wasn't he?
It doesn't matter because in the Brawl demo, the "Infantry and Tanks" AT was available, but it had to be unlocked in Brawl as well. Also, I have heard that some people noticed what appeared to be Barbara's guitar shockwaves at the end of a match in the current demo (can't confirm) so there's another thing as well.

Several of the known AT's might be unlockable in the final game, too. So yeah, nothing really to worry about at this point. (Tingle is a starting AT in Brawl, though.)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What moves of Isaac's do you guys think would be his strong points?

Tilting attacks.

Increased knockbacks.

Wide range hitting Smash attacks.

Moves that don't leave alot of time to be punishable.

Moves with killing potential.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I think he would have a very diverse moveset that could handle many different situations with a variety of psynergy. Quick question, assuming the Gematsu leak is real, who do you guys think would be the two most deserving unconfirmed newcomers left? (2 more would put us at 14 newcomers total, a reasonable amount considering melee gave us 14 and brawl gave us 18 if we count toon link, zss and all 3 of PT's pokemon as newcomers ).

I think it would be Ridley and Isaac out of potentially:

Ridley
Isaac
K. Rool
Mewtwo
Sceptile
Dixie
Takamaru
Ray MK

I can't tell if it's because I'm being biased because I REALLY want Isaac to be playable or if its because he is legitimately one of the remaining unannounced characters with a high chance. I DO think he stands a pretty good chance compared to some of these alternatives though...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think he would have a very diverse moveset that could handle many different situations with a variety of psynergy. Quick question, assuming the Gematsu leak is real, who do you guys think would be the two most deserving unconfirmed newcomers left? (2 more would put us at 14 newcomers total, a reasonable amount considering melee gave us 14 and brawl gave us 18 if we count toon link, zss and all 3 of PT's pokemon as newcomers ).

I think it would be Ridley and Isaac out of potentially:

Ridley
Isaac
K. Rool
Mewtwo
Sceptile
Dixie
Takamaru
Ray MK

I can't tell if it's because I'm being biased because I REALLY want Isaac to be playable or if its because he is legitimately one of the remaining unannounced characters with a high chance. I DO think he stands a pretty good chance compared to some of these alternatives though...
Yes you are biased. Although I love Isaac and I think he's got great chances, there's no way he'd get in over K. Rool. Also, Mewtwo is a veteran, not a Newcomer, and he would probably replace an existing veteran like Jigglypuff instead of replace a potential newcomer.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yes you are biased. Although I love Isaac and I think he's got great chances, there's no way he'd get in over K. Rool. Also, Mewtwo is a veteran, not a Newcomer, and he would probably replace an existing veteran like Jigglypuff instead of replace a potential newcomer.
Well to be fair, Chorus Men got in over K. Rool. They got in over Ridley.

I don't necessarily think our own ranking of the characters fall in line with Sakurais ranking. Trying to predict who he deems most important is an exercise in futility.

Last edited:

Doncalot

Smash Rookie
As much as I love K. Rool, I really don't see him making it. Takamaru might be one of the big threats, considering Nintendo's recent acknowledgements of him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well to be fair, Chorus Men got in over K. Rool. They got in over Ridley.

I don't necessarily think our own ranking of the characters fall in line with Sakurais ranking. Trying to predict who he deems most important is an exercise in futility.
You so sure about that? :p We don't have the final roster yet.

D

Deleted member

So today's the Best Buy demos. I just hope we can make it through today unscatched.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Good news guys. From all the videos I have watched concerning SSB4, Isaac does not appear in any of them!

Top Bottom