• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd start encouraging the push for Isaac being a DLC candidate or convince the folks developing Project M to include Isaac as one of the clone engine characters.

I want you people to recieve some sort of break so none of you feel cheated, and in the case of fans Xenoblade Chronicles and Shulk to have a sense of tranquillity.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pretty sure Isaac is one of the top contenders for P:M anyway, but yeah more support never hurts.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac hasn't been shown as an assist yet right?
Nope, as far as I'm aware. There have been a ton of AT disconfirmations, but Isaac isn't one of them. That said, I don't think Barbara, Jill, Ray, or Infantry and Tanks have appeared either.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nope, as far as I'm aware. There have been a ton of AT disconfirmations, but Isaac isn't one of them. That said, I don't think Barbara, Jill, Ray, or Infantry and Tanks have appeared either.
I haven't heard about Helirin, Jeff, Kat & Ana, Resetti or Excitebikes either, have these been seen yet?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I haven't heard about Helirin, Jeff, Kat & Ana, Resetti or Excitebikes either, have these been seen yet?
I forgot who the rest were. No, I have not, except perhaps Resetti. Some people think they saw Mr. Resetti (NOT Don Resetti) in Town and City.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I forgot who the rest were. No, I have not, except perhaps Resetti. Some people think they saw Mr. Resetti (NOT Don Resetti) in Town and City.
In the background or as an AT?

In any case, I very much doubt all the ATs are in this demo version, so... still a wait for Isaac's true fate I'd say.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well this is exciting then. Isaac still has a chance!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In the background or as an AT?

In any case, I very much doubt all the ATs are in this demo version, so... still a wait for Isaac's true fate I'd say.
Background. But again, they could've mistaken Mr. Resetti for Don...

There's been a rumor about one person seeing Chunky Kong, but there's no visual proof. There wasn't visual proof of several other AT's either, though, before eventually they popped up, most notably Magnus.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Even if Isaac did appear as an assist trophy. Couldn't they just replace his model with Felix when they add Isaac as playable?

It's kinda awkward in a way now that it's possible to update the game. Nothing is truly set in stone.....makes things more interesting but also way more confusing.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Even if Isaac did appear as an assist trophy. Couldn't they just replace his model with Felix when they add Isaac as playable?

It's kinda awkward in a way now that it's possible to update the game. Nothing is truly set in stone.....makes things more interesting but also way more confusing.
Seems as if it would be easier to implement Felix, for the sake of your example, now if that was the plan. If Isaac is an Assist Trophy and they make him playable later, what's stopping this change happening to other Assist Trophies/PokeBall-Pokemon? This adds unnecessary complications to game development.

From how I see it we have three options:
Isaac is an Assist Trophy for Smash 4/5, end of story.
Isaac is a playable character for Smash 4/5 end of story.
Isaac is not an Assist Trophy nor a playable character upon the game's release, he will be added as a DLC character later.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You could make an argument for Isaac being playable AND an assist at the same time.

After all you'd be able to have four Isaacs on stage at a time, what's one more?

I'm not saying I think that's what they would do. Just something to chew on.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I wouldn't mind having Felix in Isaac's place either if it had to come down to it. Just knowing Golden sun would finally get their foot in the door is more than enough to help them continue adding more intricate characters from the franchise. I would prefer the original Isaac to be graced with the honor of the debut GS rep but I'm not too greedy.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
TBH, the Sal leak is still up in the air in my eyes. Yes, it has a lot going for it, but I fully expected Miis and Pacman to be playable anyway, and their inclusions have been widely speculated for a long time.

The real make or break for me is "Chorus Men", which I still can't fathom as playable. And in the end, it's nothing but a list of names... strong leaks like the old Brawl ones had details about items and stages which were not present here.

So yeah, I haven't lost hope. :shades:

bassem6

Smash Lord
TBH, the Sal leak is still up in the air in my eyes. Yes, it has a lot going for it, but I fully expected Miis and Pacman to be playable anyway, and their inclusions have been widely speculated for a long time.

The real make or break for me is "Chorus Men", which I still can't fathom as playable. And in the end, it's nothing but a list of names... strong leaks like the old Brawl ones had details about items and stages which were not present here.

I think it's pretty hard to deny the Sal leak credibility at this point after being right with every single character on the list thus far. Even if the leak is 100% true, it doesn't mean there can't be secret characters who weren't included in the leak. For example, Rosalina wasn't on the leak but was still a secret playable character. I don't think the leak hurts or hinders Isaac's chances at all.

I would guess that besides the leaked characters, theres still 2-3 more hidden newcomers that we do not know about. Melee had 14 newcomers, brawl had 15, and smash 4 currently has 12 newcomers (if you count shulk, chrom and choir boys who have been leaked but not confirmed yet). I think it would be safe to assume that smash 4 will have at least as many newcomers as brawl.

My guesses: Isaac, Ridley, K. Rool. I think at least 2 of those 3 will be playable too.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wouldn't mind having Felix in Isaac's place either if it had to come down to it. Just knowing Golden sun would finally get their foot in the door is more than enough to help them continue adding more intricate characters from the franchise. I would prefer the original Isaac to be graced with the honor of the debut GS rep but I'm not too greedy.
If anything I think Matthew would replace Isaac's AT.

My only hope is that the Rhythm Heaven rep isn't Chorus Men and the Awakening rep isn't Chrom, because sorry, the leak is legit. There's still a few things that MIGHT be up in the air, but haven't you seen the latest leak?

Right before the previews, Sal got another email, saying that this is the last E3 before release (obvious), and listed off the leaked characters. He acknowledged that there would be post-release character DLC (note "character" DLC), and that either Lucas or Ness were likely going to be cut, debating more towards Lucas than Ness.

But here's the thing, he listed Mii and Palutena exactly as "Mii Fighter" and "Goddess Palutena." Also, we've since confirmed that there are Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run.

The only thing that's up in the air potentially is that maybe he got details on which exact Awakening and Rhythm Heaven rep are in the game wrong.

I also think there are 2-3 characters we don't know about. Its quite likely this guy works in marketing and they're only marketing out characters from recent games to try and promote sales of those games, so it is possible that we may have a few other characters. And even then, there's still DLC.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

In all honesty the Sal leak has pretty much been confirmed! This was the only chance anyone would have had to question it if a playable character not on his list got confirmed but that didn't happen.

The ONLY saving grace we have is the fact that the leaker never mentioned Rosalina and Luma. Due to that we can still hope that the leaker's list was incomplete and that Isaac can still get in. If I remember correctly, I believe the leaker had mentioned that DLC was going to be used in Smash 4 as well so we can hope for Isaac to possibly be playable that way or at least some GS character to get in that way on the off chance that Isaac remains an AT but we end up getting Matthew as playable.

As much as all of us want Isaac in, there is nothing left to go against the Sal Leak except hoping that the list is incomplete.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In all honesty the Sal leak has pretty much been confirmed! This was the only chance only would have had to question it if a playable character not on his list got confirmed but that didn't happen.

The ONLY saving grace we have is the fact that the leaker never mentioned Rosalina and Luma. Due to that we can still hope that the leaker's list was incomplete and that Isaac can still get in. If I remember correctly, I believe the leaker had mentioned that DLC was going to be used in Smash 4 as well so we can hope for Isaac to possibly be playable that way or at least some GS character to get in that way on the off chance that Isaac remains an AT but we end up getting Matthew as playable.

As much as all of us want Isaac in, there is nothing left to go against the Sal Leak except hoping that the list is incomplete.
I think the list is complete, likely due to the fact that all of the characters announced have been in games since Brawl and most sold decently well. There's probably about 2-3 newcomers we don't know about, and they are quite likely to be unlockables. Otherwise the roster consists of returning vets, probably around 47-51 characters total and with the possibility of a few DLC characters as well.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
I think the list is complete, likely due to the fact that all of the characters announced have been in games since Brawl and most sold decently well. There's probably about 2-3 newcomers we don't know about, and they are quite likely to be unlockables. Otherwise the roster consists of returning vets, probably around 47-51 characters total and with the possibility of a few DLC characters as well.
That's what I meant by saying the list might be incomplete. There's still a chance that some characters would be unknown to him if they are unlockable as there is probably no reveal trailer ideas being worked on for non 3rd party hidden characters. That's at least what I think could be the case if the leaker is connected to the marketing for the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's what I meant by saying the list might be incomplete. There's still a chance that some characters would be unknown to him if they are unlockable as there is probably no reveal trailer ideas being worked on for non 3rd party hidden characters. That's at least what I think could be the case if the leaker is connected to the marketing for the game.
Ugh, I meant "incomplete" lol. Anyway, we'll see how things go. Isaac could very well be in, but he's unlockable because his post-Brawl game (technically he was in it in a decently major role) didn't sell very well.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
There's no way that there's still deciding to cut Ness or Lucas. The roster has been decided for ages, they even said Greninja was picked before Pokemon XY was even released.

The leak is not airtight. There's the lack of Rosalina & Luma, Greninja being listed as "Pokemon from X & Y" and, again, the fact that it's a list of names with not even a mention of stages or items. And I'm still not sold on "Chorus Men" and Shulk, so we'll see.

Granted, it has a LOT going for it, but we don't know what the situation is with this leaker. It could be someone that's working on external stuff (like media or the game's websites) so they might not have access to EVERYTHING.

So yeah, I might be in denial here, but I'm still holding hope for Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's no way that there's still deciding to cut Ness or Lucas. The roster has been decided for ages, they even said Greninja was picked before Pokemon XY was even released.

The leak is not airtight. There's the lack of Rosalina & Luma, Greninja being listed as "Pokemon from X & Y" and, again, the fact that it's a list of names with not even a mention of stages or items. And I'm still not sold on "Chorus Men" and Shulk, so we'll see.

Granted, it has a LOT going for it, but we don't know what the situation is with this leaker. It could be someone that's working on external stuff (like media or the game's websites) so they might not have access to EVERYTHING.

I agree that its not airtight. Don't try bringing it up with someone in the Gematsu leak topic, though. So far we've only got a very, very few set of AT's left from Brawl, and both Isaac and Ray are among them. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

D

Deleted member

Yea, I agree with everything you said, and like someone else mentioned earlier, Chorus Men is the deal-breaker on this leak.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea, I agree with everything you said, and like someone else mentioned earlier, Chorus Men is the deal-breaker on this leak.
Chorus Men are all but confirmed at this point, we have Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well damn, I dont supposed someone spotted a golden sun enemy in the mix did they?
I think the Chorus Men enemy was a fluke. Also, we don't have enemies from Fire Emblem or Xenoblade either, so even if a Golden Sun enemy doesn't show up it doesn't mean Isaac is out.

I think because we have almost all remaining AT's so far but a few are missing, there's a pretty decent chance of another AT getting promoted to playable, with Isaac being the obvious mostlikely choice. We'll have to see though. Another possibility is that the two versions have different starting rosters, so the Chorus Heaven rep might be a starter on the 3DS while Isaac wouldn't be a starter on either version.

There's still plenty of hope for Isaac.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad theres still hope for Isaac then! Also, you just reminded me. We haven't even heard anything about the Wii U modes yet, and there could easily be a golden sun enemy in a wii u adventure mode or something.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Chorus Men are all but confirmed at this point, we have Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run.
Not to be negative nancy but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The last 3 were part of the second wave of the leak which hasn't had much to show but an enemy pop up. Rhythm Heaven has a stage so why wouldn't they are more representation of their series? Just have to ride the waves and see what happens but I will agree its looking bad for the leak detractors.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not to be negative nancy but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The last 3 were part of the second wave of the leak which hasn't had much to show but an enemy pop up. Rhythm Heaven has a stage so why wouldn't they are more representation of their series? Just have to ride the waves and see what happens but I will agree its looking bad for the leak detractors.
Rhythm Heaven has no confirmed stage at this point, not sure what you're talking about. I don't think Chorus Men are a guarantee, but I think its pretty much a guarantee we have a Rhythm Heaven character playable.

That said it doesn't affect Isaac at all.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I would think there would have been any revealings of Isaac's status as an AT by now. It sounds like we're stuck in the tease or troll maze again.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In a way I'm not sure I feel grateful for the possibility of character dlc. It'll be like kicking us when we're down if Isaac isn't playable and then we get a bunch of dlc characters and Isaac STILL isn't playable. :(

Nintendo and Sakurai wouldn't do that to us, would they?

I would think Isaac's chances would be pretty high if dlc becomes a thing, but who knows.....

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, if character DLC is a thing, and Isaac becomes character DLC, that is still a definitive victory for me. I'll take it.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Rhythm Heaven has no confirmed stage at this point, not sure what you're talking about. I don't think Chorus Men are a guarantee, but I think its pretty much a guarantee we have a Rhythm Heaven character playable.

That said it doesn't affect Isaac at all.
Just realized the stage I was thinking of was the WarioWare one. Nothing to see here, carry on (;

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We still have Saturday to look out for. If that passes without any Isaac sighting, we're in luck.

Top Bottom