• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He might not get revealed before release, though. Actually, Isaac might be a good character to announce at TGS (if Nintendo will even be there) since he's quite a popular pick in Japan. It'd be fitting, really. One really popular western AT promoted to playable, then another really popular eastern AT promoted to playable. (Here's hoping.)
Chrom or Shulk would be a much better pick for TGS tbh, Isaac isn't as popular as either of them over there.

If you're getting the idea that Isaac is extremely popular in Japan from the thread title I had up a little while ago, that was due to GS's surprisingly good placement on the VC sales chart there, not due to his Smash demand, which has steadily decreased in the east since the Brawl era.

I mean he was popular there at one point, so people would still enjoy seeing him, but if Sakurai wants to pander to a Japanese audience, there are better characters to pick.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
He might not get revealed before release, though. Actually, Isaac might be a good character to announce at TGS (if Nintendo will even be there) since he's quite a popular pick in Japan. It'd be fitting, really. One really popular western AT promoted to playable, then another really popular eastern AT promoted to playable. (Here's hoping.)
Here's hoping that coincides with a Golden Sun 4 release.
One can dream right?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Keep in mind... TGS is AFTER the Japanese game releases. If Isaac is the first post-release secret character revealed I'd love that.

Chrom or Shulk would be a much better pick for TGS tbh, Isaac isn't as popular as either of them over there.

If you're getting the idea that Isaac is extremely popular in Japan from the thread title I had up a little while ago, that was due to GS's surprisingly good placement on the VC sales chart there, not due to his Smash demand, which has steadily decreased in the east since the Brawl era.

I mean he was popular there at one point, so people would still enjoy seeing him, but if Sakurai wants to pander to a Japanese audience, there are better characters to pick.
Yeah, that's where I got it from. His pre-Brawl popularity might help, honestly.

Here's hoping that coincides with a Golden Sun 4 release.
One can dream right?
Golden Sun 4 could be in development. However, if it is, it only just started, because Camelot just finished Mario Golf: World Tour. Unless they got another developer to handle it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, that's where I got it from. His pre-Brawl popularity might help, honestly.
It's certainly better than nothing, but I still think Sakurai would probably choose a character with current Japanese popularity if his goal was to appeal specifically to the audience at TGS.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So uhhh, what if the unannounced 3DS title for tomorrows Q&A panel is a new Golden Sun game? And then Isaac gets a surprise tie in character announcement for SSB4? How awesome would that be? Okay, right never going to happen. But I would be so happy!!!

Sandfall

Stage Designer
So uhhh, what if the unannounced 3DS title for tomorrows Q&A panel is a new Golden Sun game? And then Isaac gets a surprise tie in character announcement for SSB4? How awesome would that be? Okay, right never going to happen. But I would be so happy!!!
I don't even know what I would do if that were the case. It would just be too awesome X_X

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Getting Isaac as a Smash newcomer aside, a new Golden Sun game on the 3DS would be almost too much to handle.[/quote]

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I highly doubt it. If anything, its probably Metroid 3DS, Retro Studios' new game, or Intelligent Systems' next project.

I can DEFINITELY see a Golden Sun game coming out in the next couple years. I just don't think they'd announce it when the project likely has only just started (assuming its in development at all, and I hope it is). If a new Golden Sun game is being planned, though, I can pretty much guarantee Isaac WILL be in the game. But if its not... yeah, then Isaac is 50/50.

I'd certainly be ecstatic if Isaac is announced, though. I really got to get back into playing Golden Sun and actually finishing the first one.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Getting Isaac as a Smash newcomer aside, a new Golden Sun game on the 3DS would be almost too much to handle.
Yeah, even if Isaac doesn't end up being playable, a new 3DS game would more than make up for that.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So guys, was Shadow an unlock able assist in Brawl? If so, the fact that he was shown in the invitational despite being unlock able in Brawl can raise Isaac's chances.... Unless someone spots Isaac when playing the game and picking up an assist trophy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, even if Isaac doesn't end up being playable, a new 3DS game would more than make up for that.
Again, I say, if a new Golden Sun game has been planned, there's literally no reason for Isaac to be absent this time around. Its possible they were waiting until Isaac appeared in the next Smash Bros. to actually plan a new Golden Sun game so it'd come right after he's playable in Smash Bros. and potentially increase sales of the next game.

So guys, was Shadow an unlock able assist in Brawl? If so, the fact that he was shown in the invitational despite being unlock able in Brawl can raise Isaac's chances.... Unless someone spots Isaac when playing the game and picking up an assist trophy.
Shadow was an unlockable AT, but its possible this demo doesn't even have all the AT's yet. That said, I would think it'd have at least all the returning AT's. Unless, of course, they planned to make one more AT playable, in which case they wouldn't want all of them to be available to keep people guessing.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I highly doubt it. If anything, its probably Metroid 3DS, Retro Studios' new game, or Intelligent Systems' next project.

I can DEFINITELY see a Golden Sun game coming out in the next couple years. I just don't think they'd announce it when the project likely has only just started (assuming its in development at all, and I hope it is). If a new Golden Sun game is being planned, though, I can pretty much guarantee Isaac WILL be in the game. But if its not... yeah, then Isaac is 50/50.

I'd certainly be ecstatic if Isaac is announced, though. I really got to get back into playing Golden Sun and actually finishing the first one.
I mean yes, like I said I know it isn't happening. But just imagine the HYPE! lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, even if Isaac isn't playable, a GS4 would certainly push him in the direction of DLC, or at least a definite contender for Smash next.

Unfortunately a GS4 announcement doesn't seem plausible for at least a year or two.

Yes he was, but my guess is that only a few ATs with previously unknown status such as Shadow are even in the demo build, otherwise we probably would've got more than two AT deconfirmations...

Again, I say, if a new Golden Sun game has been planned, there's literally no reason for Isaac to be absent this time around. Its possible they were waiting until Isaac appeared in the next Smash Bros. to actually plan a new Golden Sun game so it'd come right after he's playable in Smash Bros. and potentially increase sales of the next game.
Depends when it first went into planning. It couldn't have been too long ago given that Camelot has been pretty busy what with the back to back Tennis and Golf games, which would make it unlikely Sakurai was aware of any plans when he was compiling the roster like two years ago... considering there probably weren't any back then for GS4 - at least no concrete ones.

And I really don't see another studio taking the reigns of the IP.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, even if Isaac isn't playable, a GS4 would certainly push him in the direction of DLC, or at least a definite contender for Smash next.

Unfortunately a GS4 announcement doesn't seem plausible for at least a year or two.

Yes he was, but my guess is that only a few ATs with previously unknown status such as Shadow are even in the demo build, otherwise we probably would've got more than two AT deconfirmations...

Depends when it first went into planning. It couldn't have been too long ago given that Camelot has been pretty busy what with the back to back Tennis and Golf games, which would make it unlikely Sakurai was aware of any plans when he was compiling the roster like two years ago... considering there probably weren't any back then for GS4 - at least no concrete ones.

And I really don't see another studio taking the reigns of the IP.
I know, but its possible they postponed Golden Sun 4 until after Smash Bros. on purpose. Or I could just be making up **** to try and justify Isaac's inclusion.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
We could still get an August 1st reveal to coincide with the first GS.

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun 4 could be in development. However, if it is, it only just started, because Camelot just finished Mario Golf: World Tour. Unless they got another developer to handle it.
No, Camelot did Mario Golf: World Tour. They've taken responsibility for all the Golf and Tennis games for the past 15+ years.

I'm sure that Golden Sun 4 has been in their minds and they have worked out some of the main details, but they won't be able to flesh out the game unless they get some freetime, and now that they have it, that'll be what they'll focus on.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic, but it does bother me that the "common" fan requests made it in, which further suggests the Sakurai lisk might be "true". I was on the "no" for both Palutena (nothing against her, I just felt she wasn't Smash Bros. material), the Miis (here comes the army of bad Goku Miis!) and Pac-Man (considering how people wanted Pac-Man to be, I'm sure having 3D Pac-Man was a letdown for some participants), and really, the only character I wanted was Isaac, naturally. It was just him and Little Mac, so my list is 50% done.

Having just one AT make the promotion doesn't sound right, considering the possibilities that the AT can provide for future fighters, especially if you factor in a Scenario Mode match where you would fight Isaac and Little Mac, and they would be able to use the Assist Trophy item as much as possible.

Also, I think if Isaac is announced, it'll likely be one of the last characters announced, or a character revealed in the game cartridge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Also, I think if Isaac is announced, it'll likely be one of the last characters announced, or a character revealed in the game cartridge.
Your user name is so familiar! You did some work on Mushroom Kingdom Fusion back in the day, didn't you?

On-Topic: We saw more AT, and still no Isaac, which bodes well for him I think.

D

Deleted member

Your user name is so familiar! You did some work on Mushroom Kingdom Fusion back in the day, didn't you?

On-Topic: We saw more AT, and still no Isaac, which bodes well for him I think.
Off-Topic: Yes, I used to work for MKF, but coding was something I didn't accomplish much at, and I had other things to worry about as time went on, so I did what I did and moved on.

On-Topic: It does bode well for him. He survived the proverbial meat grinder, while Shadow and Tingle (and even Magnus) weren't so lucky. Of potential new applicants, we're down to the Sakurai "List" (though Chorus Men makes no sense at all), King K. Rool, Isaac, and the people who still believe Ridley won't be Pyrosphere's boss. Not a lot of wiggle room.

However, if Smash Bros. 3DS will have more than one trophy for Golden Sun (BTW, did anybody take a photo of the trophies from the preview?), that's adequate progress. But, you know I want more than that.

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
I think not seeing Isaac doesnt really help our situation. Shadow is unlocked by unlocking sonic and since he was a possible character choice for the tournament and demo, thats the reason shadow is there. Doesnt hurt Isaac either but the sal leak is really scaring me. I really hope it isnt true since everyone called Palutena and PacMan as newcomers

Eagle

Smash Lord
Even if it is true, the leak missed Rosalina so there's always the possibility of other newcomers. I'm glad I didn't see Isaac as an AT in the invitationals, but this dragging out of his confirmation/deconfirmation is killing me!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think not seeing Isaac doesnt really help our situation. Shadow is unlocked by unlocking sonic and since he was a possible character choice for the tournament and demo, thats the reason shadow is there. Doesnt hurt Isaac either but the sal leak is really scaring me. I really hope it isnt true since everyone called Palutena and PacMan as newcomers
Locked ATs do have a history of not being hidden on demos though, the Infantry and Tanks were first seen in the Brawl demo last time around.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Think that Isaac is one of the best contenders of becoming DLC out of all the old ATs from Brawl. It's also quite possibly that they are actually planning him for becoming a DLC later on whenever a new Golden Sun game does pop up.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, Camelot did Mario Golf: World Tour. They've taken responsibility for all the Golf and Tennis games for the past 15+ years.

I'm sure that Golden Sun 4 has been in their minds and they have worked out some of the main details, but they won't be able to flesh out the game unless they get some freetime, and now that they have it, that'll be what they'll focus on.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic, but it does bother me that the "common" fan requests made it in, which further suggests the Sakurai lisk might be "true". I was on the "no" for both Palutena (nothing against her, I just felt she wasn't Smash Bros. material), the Miis (here comes the army of bad Goku Miis!) and Pac-Man (considering how people wanted Pac-Man to be, I'm sure having 3D Pac-Man was a letdown for some participants), and really, the only character I wanted was Isaac, naturally. It was just him and Little Mac, so my list is 50% done.

Having just one AT make the promotion doesn't sound right, considering the possibilities that the AT can provide for future fighters, especially if you factor in a Scenario Mode match where you would fight Isaac and Little Mac, and they would be able to use the Assist Trophy item as much as possible.

That's exactly what I said. Sorry, I think you got confused: what I meant is "Golden Sun 4 likely only just started UNLESS someone other than Camelot is working on Golden Sun." Not "unless someone other than Camelot did Mario Golf: World Tour." :p

Arteen

Smash Lord
I hate to say it, but Isaac's chances have dimmed so much I just can't see it happening anymore.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I hate to say it, but Isaac's chances have dimmed so much I just can't see it happening anymore.

Have faith, he still hasn't popped up in any demos thus far. He's doing very well for the position he's in, even if its against one powerhouse leak and allegedly competing with one of them for a slot. Isaac still has my support, really hoping he also gets the bump up into the game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's Brawl all over again. The lame leaks become the truth, and Isaac is left in the dust once again.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
It's not quite time to abandon hope. The leak actually points to DLC characters existing, and if Isaac continues to be a no-show, it may well be because he is one of those characters, especially as one of the most notable characters remaining beyond the leaked list of newcomers. Granted, it would be much better if he was on the disc, but if it means Isaac playable in Smash, I'd certainly take it.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Kind of sucks seeing Tingle go, saw 2 different ones that claimed he was in that also included Isaac. They held literally no weight but hey was some random form of hope for Isaac. Still waiting to see his trailer, although I'm sure he'll be the last one announced

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Kind of sucks seeing Tingle go, saw 2 different ones that claimed he was in that also included Isaac. They held literally no weight but hey was some random form of hope for Isaac. Still waiting to see his trailer, although I'm sure he'll be the last one announced
What do you mean by someone saying they saw Isaac? I certainly never heard of it.

Oh, and btw, I've checked it out. We have 12 known new characters. Brawl had 18 and Melee had 14. We might at least have 2-3 unknown playable characters in the game, but obviously we know DLC is a thing too, so here's hoping for Isaac DLC because if we have 2 more characters, its probably Ridley and K. Rool.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
What do you mean by someone saying they saw Isaac? I certainly never heard of it.

Oh, and btw, I've checked it out. We have 12 known new characters. Brawl had 18 and Melee had 14. We might at least have 2-3 unknown playable characters in the game, but obviously we know DLC is a thing too, so here's hoping for Isaac DLC because if we have 2 more characters, its probably Ridley and K. Rool.
Talking of leaks, saw 2 leaks.

Saddens me we're not going to be topping 18, which would have been hella nice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Talking of leaks, saw 2 leaks.

Saddens me we're not going to be topping 18, which would have been hella nice.
What two leaks did you see?

As for 18 newcomers... I think we could possibly hit that with DLC, but that's about the max I expect out of DLC characters (plus the in-game roster). The in-game Newcomers I can't see being higher than Melee.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we're lucky he might still be in, but again, our best bet is probably DLC.
Unlike most people on this thread I've always thought of posting by my own form of a code.
"All characters are believed to be included until proven otherwise."
This is why I have always thought Isaac would be included.
Isaac will be included mark my words next Nintendo Direct will feature Isaac.

D

Deleted member

Unlike most people on this thread I've always thought of posting by my own form of a code.
"All characters are believed to be included until proven otherwise."
This is why I have always thought Isaac would be included.
Isaac will be included mark my words next Nintendo Direct will feature Isaac.
I hope that direct will be in July or early August.

Since most of the ATs from Brawl are returning as ATs in 3DS/Wii U, the only major character left of the group is Isaac. This isn't helping him, but if I get pesimmistic about this (and I am a pessimist by nature), I'll lose hope, so I have to remain optimistic.

How else could he not be revealed yet? If he was to be an AT, they would've shown him already to get it over with.

Top Bottom