• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Well according to Sal there will be, and he's been pretty on the money so far.

Bodes well for Isaac.
I'm curious if they would consider making AT's playable or going strictly untouched potential? Would mean that if we wanted him in as DLC, he would have absolutely no inclusion otherwise he was outright planned to be DLC when they could of added him, having the "paid DLC" people go even more insane.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm curious if they would consider making AT's playable or going strictly untouched potential? Would mean that if we wanted him in as DLC, he would have absolutely no inclusion otherwise he was outright planned to be DLC when they could of added him, having the "paid DLC" people go even more insane.
I think that ATs would stay AT, as possible DLC characters would be selected as DLC before game release. Having Mathew around is a good way to keep that old AT, though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it depends how far in development the game was when they decided which characters should be DLC. I mean if they've known for a while that Isaac, for example, was to be DLC, they could just make Matthew the AT, but if not... there might be like a double Isaac situation.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I would really frown all that much if they pulled an Alfonzo esque scenario where they can continue being an AT but if selected, they simply don't show up. That may just be me being hopeful for those unfortunate characters lost at the Direct Massacre but always a possibility.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would really frown all that much if they pulled an Alfonzo esque scenario where they can continue being an AT but if selected, they simply don't show up. That may just be me being hopeful for those unfortunate characters lost at the Direct Massacre but always a possibility.
Probably the best workaround if Isaac is DLC yet still an AT.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I actually feel pretty good about Isaac's chances since I heard the DLC rumor. I'd rather he was just in the game but he would be a perfect choice for DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm getting really nervous about Isaac as well. Shadow was an unlockable AT, recall, in the prior game. If Isaac is still an AT, he should appear as one in the demo.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I won't lie... there was a little voice in me that saw the Mii swordfighter and said, "You could always just make Isaac..." And I flogged the crap outta that little voice.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think it depends how far in development the game was when they decided which characters should be DLC. I mean if they've known for a while that Isaac, for example, was to be DLC, they could just make Matthew the AT, but if not... there might be like a double Isaac situation.
They could do an Alphonso with it and just have the Isaac assist not appear when he's fighting in battle.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...well at least he has a chance to survive another wave of deconfirmations...

I won't lie... there was a little voice in me that saw the Mii swordfighter and said, "You could always just make Isaac..." And I flogged the crap outta that little voice.
Shouldn't have flogged it considering it was right. :p

They could do an Alphonso with it and just have the Isaac assist not appear when he's fighting in battle.
Yeah Kind Dedede brought that point up and it would be the best solution, I agree.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy

Yeah Kind Dedede brought that point up and it would be the best solution, I agree.
It wasn't punished for being incorrect, just for displeasing me. In all seriousness, I actually like the Mii Swordfighter, and I will be making some FE/GS characters with it.

Actually, did the Swordfighter remind anyone of Isaac as quickly as it did for me? It was almost immediate.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I must say, with Tingle out, I'd declare Isaac the last survivor of the feasible, possible ATs (we all know Ray honestly really doesn't have a chance).

Yay....

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I was just thinking the other day how it would be interesting if Mario or Link could be assist trophies if they're not participating in a battle. Same goes for all playable characters.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hoping Isaac survives today's AT massacre! The mii swordfighter does make it possible to make our own version of Isaac, the blue tunic does resemble his a bit.

But I really want Isaac or Felix or any GS rep to be playable.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Here's all of the unconfirmed assist trophies prior to E3. Tingle and Shadow are already confirmed, and we're probably going to see more ATs revealed this week. Given how many people will be playing at Best Buy, there's a very good chance we will see every assist trophy in the demo build of the game.

What we don't know is how complete the demo's AT "roster" is right now. A lot will depend on how many ATs in this list get crossed off, especially in the "hidden" category. If we don't see Isaac or anyone else besides Shadow, they might just not be in this build. But if Barbara and Ray and Advance Wars all get sighted and Isaac's the last man standing, we might have cause to get our hopes up.

If he really is an assist trophy again, I hope we see him soon. I'd rather not wait in uncertainty for another four months.

Normal:
Excitebikes
Hammer Bro.
Helirin
Jill
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Lakitu and Spinies
Mr. Resetti
Tingle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx29v4eDTCI

Hidden:
Barbara
Gray Fox (not revealed, but not expected)
Infantry and Tanks
Isaac
Ray MK III
Shadow the Hedgehog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocVx20fS_M

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hoping Isaac survives today's AT massacre! The mii swordfighter does make it possible to make our own version of Isaac, the blue tunic does resemble his a bit.

But I really want Isaac or Felix or any GS rep to be playable.
It's not the same though. It's all fine and dandy making Popeye or Obama.....or even Lara Croft, but making a Nintendo game character with a Mii is going to be the spooniest of wooden spoons.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So, are all the old ATs popping up except for Isaac? That's good... right?

I'm nervous. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
It's not the same though. It's all fine and dandy making Popeye or Obama.....or even Lara Croft, but making a Nintendo game character with a Mii is going to be the spooniest of wooden spoons.
I actually remember that there existed a Wii Channel that consisted in tournaments of creating Miis and i remember that sometimes they created Miis based in Nintendo characters.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I want to believe that if Isaac was an AT in the demo then he would've popped up by now. Surely he's as rare as Tingle/Shadow? No mentions of Isaac on Twitter either...

Some people are speculating that Mii's sword moveset is based on him. :laugh:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Imagine how much it would hurt if Swordmaster Mii's basic moveset was originally meant for Isaac. XP

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Only two so far that were of unknown status...

It's only good if Isaac can survive Round 2 of the massacre...
There's only two left? That's interest, but regardless, which ones are they? The previous post hasn't been updated. *holds breath for Isaac*

Imagine how much it would hurt if Swordmaster Mii's basic moveset was originally meant for Isaac. XP
Honestly I don't like that idea, Isaac doesn't need to rely heavily on swords. He should mainly use only his sword for a few attacks but the rest relies on Psynergy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This thread's moving too fast for comfort, I keep seeing there's a new post and half expecting it to be a screenshot of Isaac as an AT. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Every time someone posts I get worried!

There's only two left? That's interest, but regardless, which ones are they? The previous post hasn't been updated. *holds breath for Isaac*
Only two previously unconfirmed assist trophies have been revealed, Tingle and Shadow. The rest are still unknown.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
We are about to reach 3000, messages keep it up guys!
Im actually disapointed with the few possible options for Miis, i actually want a Winged Mii(?).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No I mean only two have been shown that were previously unconfirmed, Tingle and Shadow. Sorry if it wasn't clearer. Embarrass

Honestly I don't like that idea, Isaac doesn't need to rely heavily on swords. He should mainly use only his sword for a few attacks but the rest relies on Psynergy.
Ofc not, twas only a hypothetical.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Every time someone posts I get worried!

Only two previously unconfirmed assist trophies have been revealed, Tingle and Shadow. The rest are still unknown.
Ah... Well, that sucks, then. Still, Shadow was unlockable before...

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, I'd rather have Isaac with a sword-based moveset than not present at all...

This thread's moving too fast for comfort, I keep seeing there's a new post and half expecting it to be a screenshot of Isaac as an AT. :ohwell:
He won't be, I think he would've been disconfirmed by now if he was an AT in the demo. Our Isaac lives to see another day, it seems. :)

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
He won't be, I think he would've been disconfirmed by now if he was an AT in the demo. Our Isaac lives to see another day, it seems. :)
I wouldn't be so sure. I have enough trouble getting Isaac to show up in Brawl.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be so sure. I have enough trouble getting Isaac to show up in Brawl.
A ton of people are playing the demo at the same time at E3 though, and he hasn't showed up yet. No mentions on Twitter either.

I'm keeping positive. :estatic:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well, I'd rather have Isaac with a sword-based moveset than not present at all...

It won't be, I think he would've been disconfirmed by now if he was an AT in the demo. Our Isaac lives to see another day, it seems. :)
It's either the long arduous path to euphoric victory or the slowly drawn out descent into despair.

Should be fun.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
During the Invitational Tournament or at the end of this, i expect a newcomer last reveal for the E3.
BTW Splatoon looks kinda good, i dont like Shooters, but the more i see of that game, the more i want to play it.

Top Bottom