• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, I remember congratulating the thread on 2000 posts just before the Direct in April...

And we've already hit another 1000. It really says something that a character who had their impact so long ago can still garner such appeal and support within the community. It's surprising in the best way.

It'd be wonderful to finally get Isaac and put this whole thing to bed, but in absence of that we've shown that at least someone (actually - many people) still care about him and his fantastic series, and hopefully one day the stars will align, the timing will work, and Isaac can find his way on to the roster.

All the support given has been above and beyond what most would expect for a comparatively minor handheld RPG series with only a few entries, let's see how long we can keep going before Isaac's fate becomes clear. You guys are the best! <3

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Agreed... I'm still nervous about Isaac. At one point I thought he was a shoe-in, but now I'm really not so sure. Apparently Magnus was confirmed as an AT now as well. Anyway, the Invitational is starting soon. I'd be surprised if we don't get a reveal trailer at the end (though I highly doubt it'd be Isaac).

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Well, since several more assist are being shown off and non have been Isaac thus far, I think his chances are rising. *hope*

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So no Isaac Assist Trophy has popped up?

Good. That's all I can hope for at this point. Because I wouldn't think he would have been revealed as playable here anyway.

However, today's character reveals confirming the lame leaks which don't include Isaac already kinda killed my hope anyway.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Good. That's all I can hope for at this point. Because I wouldn't think he would have been revealed as playable here anyway.

However, today's character reveals confirming the lame leaks which don't include Isaac already kinda killed my hope anyway.
Palutena wasn't really all that lame, but Mii was. So far I haven't seen Isaac anyway, though.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Palutena wasn't really all that lame, but Mii was. So far I haven't seen Isaac anyway, though.
I think pretty much the opposite of you. I'm not bothered by the addition of the Mii, but I'm really not happy to see Palutena.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

Confirming what? Are you talking of the "leak" that:
1. Failed predictions not one, but twice.
2. Did not predicted some characters.
3. Made lazy predictions, like Pokemon from X/Y rather than Greninja or that there were going to be 3 Miis and not just one.
4. Does not contain any other information than a few names.
5. With the exception of Wii Fit Trainer, all the remain characters listed in the leak were expected.

As far as we know, it could just be a lucky guess. That does not mean that i have hope in Isaac but all this leak stuff really seems stupid.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I have said it countless times before and I will say it again...

Rule of Acquisition #190: Hear all, trust nothing.

Anyhow... Man, that tournament was epic. I swear, EVERY time someone grabbed an Assist Trophy, I literally said out loud, "Please don't be Isaac..."

Good to see Isaac is still kicking. Though, like previous posters have said, if he is still an Assist Trophy, I really wish they would just get it over with and release the guillotine.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Pacman is confirmed now. Sal's leak is officially 100% in my eyes. Yay Chorus Men :glare:

Sorry wrong topic I'm just mad. I'm sure we'll get more characters aside from the last 3 of Sal's leaks. I want Isaac and Mewtwo :glare:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point, I think our only real hope for Isaac is DLC.

Pacman is confirmed now. Sal's leak is officially 100% in my eyes. Yay Chorus Men :glare:
Chorus Men could be cut due to not being able to figure them out, but we'll see.

Last edited:

bassem6

Smash Lord

Sorry wrong topic I'm just mad. I'm sure we'll get more characters aside from the last 3 of Sal's leaks. I want Isaac and Mewtwo :glare:
What were the last 3 of Sal's leaks? Chorus men are the last unconfirmed leak character correct?

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have Isaac, Ridley and Mewtwo over Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men.

(Basically my most wanted > Gematsu)

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I have said it countless times before and I will say it again...

Rule of Acquisition #190: Hear all, trust nothing.

Anyhow... Man, that tournament was epic. I swear, EVERY time someone grabbed an Assist Trophy, I literally said out loud, "Please don't be Isaac..."

Good to see Isaac is still kicking. Though, like previous posters have said, if he is still an Assist Trophy, I really wish they would just get it over with and release the guillotine.
Agreed, would really let me sleep somewhat nicely tonight. Seeing as how they revealed nobody new & truly interesting we hadn't "known about" it seems today was a waste of a day. (Splatoon was the only saving grace as well as Robot Chicken.)

D

Deleted member

well the best buy demo is out tomorrow. The true battle begins tomorrow morning. Go Isaac go!

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Fact remains that even if the leak is true (which does seem likely), it's not all inclusive. It seems the leaker has only partial information (ie, Rosalina's exclusion, Greninja being "X/Y Pokémon", Miis changing to "Mii Fighters" at the last minute), so it's more than possible that secret characters are still unknown to him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Fact remains that even if the leak is true (which does seem likely), it's not all inclusive. It seems the leaker has only partial information (ie, Rosalina's exclusion, Greninja being "X/Y Pokémon", Miis changing to "Mii Fighters" at the last minute), so it's more than possible that secret characters are still unknown to him.
He did get "Mii Fighters" right. Plus of course he missed Rosalina.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
He did get "Mii Fighters" right. Plus of course he missed Rosalina.
That's what I'm saying. He's having to update his info, and he's missed a character. That's why I'm believing the leak, but also believing it's incomplete.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I wouldn't say the leaks were incomplete information so much as they were old information. The first reads like a short list for E3 reveal possibilities, the latter probably an early draft of the final roster prior to settling on Greninja, which would explain their individual oddities. To that end, it's plausible the roster changed a bit more during development (and in fact seems likely considering the bizarre handling of Ridley this past year), but at the very least we now know what the newcomer list was intended to be, and Isaac wasn't a part of it.

The good news for this thread at least is that Isaac remains a mystery, even with some surprise AT reveals today. Could be a sign that he's being held back for DLC or even that there's still some slim hope he snuck onto the main roster, so the ride isn't quite over yet. Just going to be a bit more waiting to see what actually happens, though we should probably expect the worst until we're given good reason to believe otherwise.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We still have like four months left and only three leaked newcomers remaining... so either we go for a while without getting any more newcomer reveals... or there really isn't much left to be revealed when the game actually comes out.

Makes me think there still might be one or two more past what we "know", so I wouldn't yet give up hope completely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think its possible we may have about 3 characters we don't know about. But that's about it. I still think Isaac is fairly likely, but I'm not fully confident in his inclusion anymore. Let's just hope Isaac survives tomorrow and Saturday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering the lack of reports on unconfirmed ATs past Shadow and Tingle, I'm inclined to think if Isaac is an AT, he isn't part of the demo build.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Considering the lack of reports on unconfirmed ATs past Shadow and Tingle, I'm inclined to think if Isaac is an AT, he isn't part of the demo build.
Probably. Which sucks because next to Little Mac I think he's the best choice for an AT promotion.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I'm just hoping that Isaac doesn't show up as an assist somewhere. At this point though, I'm kinda losing hope. Especially since Chrom and Shulk are pretty much guaranteed now, I don't know if Sakurai would put in another character who uses a sword (in Isaac's case, he uses his sword and other powers). I don't know, besides Palutena, I just feel deep disappointment. Pac-Man was revealed in such a weird way, the Mii's suck.... no Ridley or K Rool. At this point, I feel like it'd be a miracle if Isaac gets in, can anyone give me some hope?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm just hoping that Isaac doesn't show up as an assist somewhere. At this point though, I'm kinda losing hope. Especially since Chrom and Shulk are pretty much guaranteed now, I don't know if Sakurai would put in another character who uses a sword (in Isaac's case, he uses his sword and other powers). I don't know, besides Palutena, I just feel deep disappointment. Pac-Man was revealed in such a weird way, the Mii's suck.... no Ridley or K Rool. At this point, I feel like it'd be a miracle if Isaac gets in, can anyone give me some hope?
DLC

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I have slight hope Isaac might still be in the game, but otherwise, DLC is the only real option.
Isaac is more or less a niche character. I'm not expecting an Isaac reveal. Not even if he's a playable character. As much as I want him to be confirmed as playable, we probably won't know until the game comes out.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have slight hope Isaac might still be in the game, but otherwise, DLC is the only real option.
I'm starting to get really tired of seeing communities lose hope after each reveal.
Where is the joy there is no fun ever in being down just because whatever made people lose hope is never solid evidence Isaac has the best chance to be in people should remember that Shadow was out right deconfirmed today.
Where's Isaac?
Mre than likely NOT DLC I can tell you that.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Isaac would hardly be the first niche character to become playable...
Oh, I'm not saying that being niche decreases his chances, I'm just saying it's less likely for Nintendo to do a big reveal for him. He'll probably be a pleasant surprise we happen to unlock while playing the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think Isaac is THAT niche. Out of all the known AT's, I think Isaac stands the next-most likely chance to get promoted to playable. Golden Sun 1 and 2 were very popular, and Dark Dawn, though it didn't sell well, I think it was still considered to be a generally good game. A new Golden Sun game may even be in development, and they're re-releasing Golden Sun on Virtual Console as well.

I'd really like Isaac to get in alongside Shulk, and I still think he's got a decent chance. We certainly haven't seen his AT yet, so that's good news, and we do know that previously unlockable AT's are in the demo.

On that note, I'm kinda glad Shadow is back. Its nice to see him getting referenced in some form. I knew he'd NEVER be playable (I do want him to be playable in Sonic games again, though). :p

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I'm starting to get really tired of seeing communities lose hope after each reveal.
Where is the joy there is no fun ever in being down just because whatever made people lose hope is never solid evidence Isaac has the best chance to be in people should remember that Shadow was out right deconfirmed today.
Where's Isaac?
Mre than likely NOT DLC I can tell you that.
Because! It's not about having fun, it's about being right!

:troll:

bassem6

Smash Lord
Ah, what a bittersweet day... As much as I wish the contrary, mine logical mind says the cursed leak might just be true.

Even I am on the verge of losing hope...
Dude, there's no way the leak covers all of the newcomers. I'm pretty sure the leak is true but I don't think that it affects Isaac's chances at all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, I'm not saying that being niche decreases his chances, I'm just saying it's less likely for Nintendo to do a big reveal for him. He'll probably be a pleasant surprise we happen to unlock while playing the game.
I see, well that I can agree with.

Though he will still get some sort of trailer, Sakurai said every newcomer would. However I can see his playing right before you fight to unlock him or something.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I see, well that I can agree with.

Though he will still get some sort of trailer, Sakurai said every newcomer would. However I can see his playing right before you fight to unlock him or something.
He might not get revealed before release, though. Actually, Isaac might be a good character to announce at TGS (if Nintendo will even be there) since he's quite a popular pick in Japan. It'd be fitting, really. One really popular western AT promoted to playable, then another really popular eastern AT promoted to playable. (Here's hoping.)

bassem6

Smash Lord
He might not get revealed before release, though. Actually, Isaac might be a good character to announce at TGS (if Nintendo will even be there) since he's quite a popular pick in Japan. It'd be fitting, really. One really popular western AT promoted to playable, then another really popular eastern AT promoted to playable. (Here's hoping.)
This actually seems like it would be a good time to reveal him. TGS is scheduled for September 18-21st so guess we'll have to wait and see!

Top Bottom