• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Isaac is gonna be so hype! No assist trophy status means a lot for him.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
No, I agree. It's completely possible that he, along with scores of others, just hasn't been shown off yet as an AT. Really, anything is possible until official word has come from the Sakurai-man himself.
Yes, it's worrying that he said he wants "as many AT as possible" or something like that. So if he's not playable, he'll be back for sure and we may see him some day in another update.

But for now, let's enjoy that he wasn't part of the massacre of Sakurai's Wrath.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yes, it's worrying that he said he wants "as many AT as possible" or something like that. So if he's not playable, he'll be back for sure and we may see him some day in another update.

But for now, let's enjoy that he wasn't part of the massacre of Sakurai's Wrath.
I don't think if he wanted Isaac playable that would be much of an obstacle. Felix or Matthew could very easily do the exact same thing Isaac does in brawl.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I've been thinking Isaac has a strong chance to be playable since SSB4 was announced, but I've had a lingering doubt in the back of my mind the whole time, that thought that surely this would just be another Brawl. For at least one moment today after the assist trophy rundown, that doubt went away. It's not confirmation, but I'm feeling really, really hype right now. The dream is real.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I was really happy when I didn't see Isaac as a Assist Trophy, I hope this means he's going to be playable.

Felix could not only be the Assist Trophy, but a color swap/costume for Isaac.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Isaac one of the few survivors of the initial AT massacre. But he is certainly not completely confirmed. Sakurai didn't show Starfy and Metroid in that Direct, 2 confirmed AT's so he clearly still has more to show. Cross your fingers everyone!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isaac one of the few survivors of the initial AT massacre. But he is certainly not completely confirmed. Sakurai didn't show Starfy and Metroid in that Direct, 2 confirmed AT's so he clearly still has more to show. Cross your fingers everyone!
To be fair it's possible he would've shown them had they not already been revealed, but yes, this doesn't mean Isaac is out of the woods.

But he is a survivor of the massacre, as I doubt we'll be getting another mass deconfirmation prior to launch.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I thought a bit of an addition to the title was deserved. Hehe.
This title hurt my sides hah. Isaac using Granite to shield himself from the assault. I do agree that someone else could take the AT position. Felix using move would work.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
To be fair it's possible he would've shown them had they not already been revealed, but yes, this doesn't mean Isaac is out of the woods.

But he is a survivor of the massacre, as I doubt we'll be getting another mass deconfirmation prior to launch.
E3? (Maybe not a specific video highlight but I wouldn't be surprised if he revealed a bunch more in the E3 Direct.

But then why would he show Waluigi, Ashley, Andross and Mother Brain...okay the new ones I can see..but considering it looks like Waluigi and Andross do the same thing...?

Either way I do feel this increases his chances quite a bit.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm not going to get my hopes too high, but I am relieved that Isaac is still in the running.

At least with the Summer 2014 release date, we'll know sooner rather than later.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Someone sell me on Isaac in case he gets confirmed. I need another wanted newcomer.
Do you like characters that can cause just about any natural disaster? How about ones that can summon meteorites with their sword, or a giant winged knight to nuke the battlefield? Are you a fan of really nice scarves?

If you answered yes to any or all of the questions above, boy have I got the character for you! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

E3? (Maybe not a specific video highlight but I wouldn't be surprised if he revealed a bunch more in the E3 Direct.
I can't pretend to do anything more than guess, but I'm expecting something more along the lines of what we got last year, a few shorter trailers and maybe a Developer Direct, nothing with the time to really delve into multiple unannounced ATs like this. Ofc, again that's just a guess.

But then why would he show Waluigi, Ashley, Andross and Mother Brain...okay the new ones I can see..but considering it looks like Waluigi and Andross do the same thing...?
That's a question you could ask regardless of Isaac.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Someone sell me on Isaac in case he gets confirmed. I need another wanted newcomer.
He's a swordsman with the ability to use an ethereal hand to grab, smash, slap, and push, he is an Adept in Earth Psynergy (magic) and has been seen causing earthquakes and using thorned vines (though he is more than capable of also using Wind, Water, and Fire psynergy as well), and he can basically "equip" small elemental creatures called Djinn to alter/enhance his parameters and attack with them. Oh, and he can summon in a very Final Fantasy-esque fashion. What's not to love?

EDIT: Greninja'd (see what I did there?)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
He's a swordsman with the ability to use an ethereal hand to grab, smash, slap, and push, he is an Adept in Earth Psynergy (magic) and has been seen causing earthquakes and using thorned vines (though he is more than capable of also using Wind, Water, and Fire psynergy as well), and he can basically "equip" small elemental creatures called Djinn to alter/enhance his parameters and attack with them. Oh, and he can summon in a very Final Fantasy-esque fashion. What's not to love?

EDIT: Greninja'd (see what I did there?)
Sign me up, I guess.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Well, to be kind of negative but also positive.. if it turns out we don't get Isaac as playable, at least he's got a pretty high chance of returning as an Assist Trophy. They brought back so many of the ones from Brawl. It's great to see, really.

But, on that note.. I really hope Isaac is on the playable roster.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Not to mention the Golden Sun series has some of the best music of its time. They need more music from the older games. Dark Dawn didn't really hit me as good as the others. Probably due me not really caring for Matty and his friends.

D

Deleted member

I've got to say I was not exspecting greninja, after they showed pit having a new final smash and then the psudo palutena troll, I was like, okay palutena's going to clear up those stormy clouds and come down from the heavens now right?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly I thought it was Palutena too after seeing the clouds. I was wrong, but I don't know if I'm happy about it.

Didn't expect Isaac to be revealed this time around though. I was just relieved he wasn't deconfirmed like many of his AT brethren.

D

Deleted member

The question remains now, is there a Nintedo Direct this month or did this cover it?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Issac and Ray seem more likely

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I'm guessing that there will still be a direct later int he month (towards the 23rd) to hype up some more Wii U games. If that does occur I can see another new comer which means Isaac could get another chance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The question remains now, is there a Nintedo Direct this month or did this cover it?
Ehhhh. I wouldn't count on it. What with this Direct and deluge of MK info last week, seems like Nintendo is/was planning on skipping a normal Direct this month imo. Doubt they would've revealed so much of the remaining two major upcoming games otherwise.

Next bout of major Smash info very well might not be until E3.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Others AT vets weren't shown too, right?

I doubt that means all returning ATs were shown, but still it's a good sign.

I don't recall seeing Jill, Jeff or Kat/Ana. Any others not shown?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ha ha, Issac wasn't shown!! Every time an assist trophy was shown, I thought of all the heartbroken fans... it was like Sakurai was killing them off, one by one.

Rest in peace Pong-TV. :(

D

Deleted member

the import ones were probably ray, jeff, kat/ana, jill, tingle, and shadow.

I am also quite shocked that there was no, Dillion, Chibi-Robo, Jimmy T, other fire emblem chars that aren't lyn, and balloon fighter gets a dang stage and isn't an assit trophy....

who even thought a pong assist was a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, I have completely given up on predicting Sakurai.... he added so many unexpected characters... Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and now Greninja...

Maybe the lack of Isaac Assist Trophy bodes well for Isaac... who knows? Maybe Sakurai didn't feel like showing off Isaac Assist Trophy... or maybe Isaac is an unconfirmed newcomer...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not to make myself seem any more biased, but I think Ray still has quite a lot against him even if he wasn't shown today. Having average popularity at your peak and not even getting a game since pre-Brawl makes a hard case for him.

Ofc not showing up today doesn't mean Isaac is playable either, but at least he has a lot more in his favour.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I was ridiculously scared watching the AT characters get listed. Seeing Isaac not listed gave me a bit more hope in him than I had before the direct.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Isaac just got a major boost in his chances.

We'll have to wait and see, but I can absolutely see him happening now.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
BELIEVE IN SOMETHING

ISAAC IS THE WAY AND THE TRUTH

Seriously though, although not set in stone, this is nothing but good news for Isaac supporters. I had 20 mini heart attacks with each Assist Trophy shown

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I asked my boyfriend to hold my hand while they were showing off the ATs. I was a mess. I was screaming "DONT SHOW ISAAC. DONT SHOW ISAAC."

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I... I feel this may only lead to disappointment, but...

I WANT TO BELIEEEEEEEEEEEVE!

Like so many others, I was pretty much about to have a heart attack during the AT section. Man. C'mooooooooon Isaac, you've made it this far, don't let us down now!

Top Bottom