• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I haven't formally posted in this thread (stalked yes). Isaac upgrading from Assist Trophy status would make my day. The playstyle would make a great fit in the smash world I believe. Having a nice mixture of magic, swordsmanship, and the added bonus of using djinn. Hopefully Sakurai gives him another look over. Power to you Isaac believers.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I don't know if I have mentioned this here before, but since Move was used to grab, push and pull stuff, I'd love it if it was a grab move for Isaac.

It could work like Mewtwo's grabs, where he doesn't physically grabs other character, but does it with this "psychic" ability. To me, that's kinda bada$$. :)

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Isaac! Yes. I support him. His play style would be something new to the Smash series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know if I have mentioned this here before, but since Move was used to grab, push and pull stuff, I'd love it if it was a grab move for Isaac.

It could work like Mewtwo's grabs, where he doesn't physically grabs other character, but does it with this "psychic" ability. To me, that's kinda bada$$. :)
Don't worry, Badass isn't censored. :p

Maybe he could hold normal items in his hand, but use his Psynergy hand for barrels, crates etc, allowing him to move at normal speed while holding them, just like Donkey Kong.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm legitimately really excited for Golden Sun to release on the Wii U Virtual Console.. Despite the fact that I've never played a Golden Sun game (even though I own Dark Dawn :nervous:), Isaac is still one of my most wanted characters for Smash 4, and I think Golden Sun is really a series that Nintendo has taken for granted. Here's hoping they release The Lost Age eventually, also.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
First Little Mac.... now please Sakurai, let Isaac shine in the upcoming Smash Direct! Little Mac and Isaac for life!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're entering the regions of dangerously high levels of hype. Keep your oxygen masks nearby. :awesome:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hopefully we'll have a date set with Isaac on April 8th. :)

*dons pom poms*

Go Isaac! Go Isaac go! Goooooooo Isaac!!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Hey guys Nintendo Direct is next Tuesday, what do you think?

Do you think we could see Isaac next Tuesday?

Could we see a Golden Sun 4 title announced for the future?

What do you think?

I think this is the big moment for Golden Sun!

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Hey guys Nintendo Direct is next Tuesday, what do you think?

Do you think we could see Isaac next Tuesday?

Could we see a Golden Sun 4 title announced for the future?

What do you think?

I think this is the big moment for Golden Sun!
What do you think, huh?

What do you THINK?

WHAT DO YOU THINK??1!11??!??/!!!?

I think yeah. :p

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I doubt we'd get a Golden Sun 4 announcement, since this is a purely smash Bros direct.

Isaac confirmed playable would be more than enough for now.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This song represents mine state of mind right now (jitter and excitement):

The suspense is killing me... Tuesday night may very well be our moment of truth! The next three days are going to be VERY long for me...

GO ISAAC!!

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
This song represents mine state of mind right now (jitter and excitement):

The suspense is killing me... Tuesday night may very well be our moment of truth! The next three days are going to be VERY long for me...

GO ISAAC!!
****, a reveal trailer of him dominating Colosso/the Fusion Dragon/the Doom Dragon or something would be awesome.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's certainly possible he would get revealed here. However, I'm not holding out for it, and am not worried about this being a make-or-break situation. He still seems like a hidden character that would be revealed in the very end. The Golden Sun VC release could very well change that, but if it doesn't, it doesn't mean he's not going to be playable.

Really trying not to get hyped about this, because Isaac is really the only character I want to see altogether. lol

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099

Waiting for Isaac to be revealed at the direct with this music in the background. Also have him doing the chipmunk sound with words above his head. Please and thank you Sakurai.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm prepared for disappointment!

I'm sure the Direct will still be cool even if Isaac is a no-show.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
GAH, this Smash Bros. Direct is just in the midst of the Japan and Europe/NA re-releases of Golden Sun. I know it's wrong, but I can't help but have my hopes increased just a bit... At the same time, it's scary that we could see Isaac as an AT with all the (likely) new footage.

We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm sure the Direct will be great regardless of what happens with Isaac. Let's just pray to the Golden Sun / Wise One / Whoever that Isaac remains safe... :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Been gone for a few days. So what is this Tuesday Direct that people are talking about?
A Direct focusing on Smash and Smash alone. Get hyped!

Though Isaac showing up during it is mere speculation/hopeful thinking. There are quite the number of potential newcomers that could be unveiled.

TeamFlareZakk

He arrives in 3 days...

I really hope to see him because this would make me feel really happy, I'm not going to be too happy because f Post-WrestleMania, I heard Undertaker is going to lose the streak.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Here's hoping for an Isaac reveal on Tuesday. If he is revealed as a playable character, I find myself in a situation where he will be sharing my selection for mains along with Luigi, Megaman, and Little Mac (Rosalina is a secondary; I'm interested in playing as a mage type character). Frankly, I think he would be great with a combination of sword attacks and earth-based Psynergy, which would fit right in since we've already seen movesets around fire (Charizard/Mario Bros/Captain Falcon/Zelda/etc), water (Squirtle), and wind to an extent.

Assuming we see other content from this universe outside of the playable character, what else would you guys like to see? For me, it would be:
  • Stage: Vale (in front of Mt. Aleph). This is one of the most memorable locations in the Golden Sun series since it's where the whole story began.
  • Assist Trophy: Saturos (he was such a badass villian in the first game). A fire-based Psynergy attack would be pretty awesome. The other obvious choice would be Felix, but if Isaac used earth-based Psynergy, this would be kind of redundant.
  • Item(s): I actually think the Djinn would serve better as an item than as part of Isaac's moveset. They would kind of serve like Pokeball Pokemon, except you would know the type of attack that was coming once you use them.
  • Music: Saturos Battle Theme. My absolute favorite battle theme from the entire series. It was so good that they reused it in Lost Age AND in Dark Dawn!

TeamFlareZakk

Here's hoping for an Isaac reveal on Tuesday. If he is revealed as a playable character, I find myself in a situation where he will be sharing my selection for mains along with Luigi, Megaman, and Little Mac (Rosalina is a secondary; I'm interested in playing as a mage type character). Frankly, I think he would be great with a combination of sword attacks and earth-based Psynergy, which would fit right in since we've already seen movesets around fire (Charizard/Mario Bros/Captain Falcon/Zelda/etc), water (Squirtle), and wind to an extent.

Assuming we see other content from this universe outside of the playable character, what else would you guys like to see? For me, it would be:
  • Stage: Vale (in front of Mt. Aleph). This is one of the most memorable locations in the Golden Sun series since it's where the whole story began.
  • Assist Trophy: Saturos (he was such a badass villian in the first game). A fire-based Psynergy attack would be pretty awesome. The other obvious choice would be Felix, but if Isaac used earth-based Psynergy, this would be kind of redundant.
  • Item(s): I actually think the Djinn would serve better as an item than as part of Isaac's moveset. They would kind of serve like Pokeball Pokemon, except you would know the type of attack that was coming once you use them.
  • Music: Saturos Battle Theme. My absolute favorite battle theme from the entire series. It was so good that they reused it in Lost Age AND in Dark Dawn!
I would absolutely love to see Saturos take the role of Assist Trophy!

Saturos's theme should definitely be in, so should Isaac's battle theme and the Fusion Dragon battle theme, and maybe the Saturos and Menardi battle theme.

I think I'd rather see either Mars or Venus Lighthouse be the stage because its where one of Golden Sun's most memorable battle locations, then have like the Doom Dragon a stage hazard, I'd love to see Cruel Rain unleashed as a stage hazard.

Djinn sounds better as a item, I think so too, I'd rather Isaac's moveset be sword unleashes and psynergy attacks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Although all I really want is Isaac and everything else is bonus, I do want a Sol Sanctum stage and the Venus Lighthouse theme. The latter is probably quite likely if Isaac shows up, I think.

And hey, we've reached 50 pages!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Camelot doesn't have much of a web presence. I don't think they have any twitter account.

Apparently yesterday was their 20th anniversary. Congratulations, Camelot!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Tommorow is the Japanese release of Golden Sun on the VC.

Let's see if there will be anything of particular note tommorow.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm so stoked.. would be so overjoyed for already big yet unheard fan base of Golden Sun getting even bigger if SSB4 will truly feature tge franchise by Isaac and other main stuff. Would in fact make up for some of the newcomers wishes I didn't, or wouldn't get to see after all, as I'm enough content to see these franchises get the dedication and attention they long deserved.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
That cake looks delicious, is all I'm gonna say...

... Actually no, I also want to say that I really hope we're pleasantly surprised tomorrow. If not, at least I hope we don't see that dreaded Assist Trophy.

Top Bottom