• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So i don't think i formally visited this thread and voiced my support for either Isaac (or Matthew) for the new Smash. Pre-Brawl, Isaac was on my Most Wanted List then and he's still on it. I'm just not sure if Sakurai would go with Matthew because he's newer, but either way, Golden Sun needs a rep. All three games in the series are great. Isaac has my full support. His moveset would be so easy with all the Psy. I always saw Retreat to be the perfect entrance animation myself and Judgement to be the best Final Smash idea.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well i was thinking about this a bit more. The Wii U is drowning and for those who own a Wii U Virtual Consoles prizes dont seem to be extremely high, in order to support Nintendo that would a worthy action. Yet im not agree with all this:
Well as i said before i know many persons identified as Golden Sun fans, that they only played through emulation or they just buyed an used copy lately, should i consider me a superior fan for that or something? "What you played Golden Sun through an emulator, you are not a Golden Sun fan, YOU ARE A *****" And if someone re-buys a Virtual copy of a game that he already owns, wow i must consider him a god because, he buys the same game twice!!! thats a hardcore fan indeed, i cant compete with that. About Camelot statements of "We will make another game if we see enough support for Golden Sun". I feel that is a poor excuse or a taunt, i mean:
What is the necessity of competition and labels? It doesn't matter who is a "better" fan of GS, it just stands to reason that someone who goes above and beyond to make their affinity with the series known might also try to show support to the series above and beyond the normal amount. It's not like it's an obligation, but if the more "diehard" fans of GS won't help show those who both control the fate of the series and have stated their decision to continue said series might hinge on demand that there is still interest in future titles, who will?

*The question is simple: Camelot are going to make GS4?
With that answer they say literally nothing. Why they cant be atleast clear with us: "No, sorry we are not interested in making games that are not a spin-off of Mario because they are not profitable as those. Perhaps if we are too bored we start another proyect but you have to wait till the next decade"
Do you know how many times a clear answer is given when a developer is impromptu asked if there will ever be a sequel? As far as Nintendo devs go, you can probably count the times on one hand. Developers by and large don't speak definitively about such matters, sure it'd be nice if they did, but that's hardly an expectation to have. Even more uncommon is a developer stating sales and/or profits as reasoning for anything. Obviously everything revolves around numbers, because it's a business, but an outright statement that something did/didn't happen due to sales is incredibly irregular, companies go out of their way to make it seem like decisions are made due to anything but profits or lack thereof.

The answer you're looking for is one rarely given by devs, so acting like it's more than wishful thinking is a bit unrealistic. At least they said GS4 could be a possibility, they didn't even have to say that.

*A fanbase can not survive for itself, what kind of support do they expect?

Those things are what are going to stop indefinitely the growth of Golden Sun as a series. Is comprehensible, and one of my reasons of me wanting Isaac in Smash.
Is not a secret but many characters in Smash are from series that they dont have a recent successful game recently, some characters dont even belong to a completely succesful series comparing them to other characters. Smash is the place in where the glory of Isaac can be saved even if his series dont continuate at all.
Yes that's true to an extent, but supporting Isaac in Smash doesn't preclude also supporting the series itself outside of Smash.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Issac may or may not be confirmed on April 3, 2014, as that is when Golden Sun releases on the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan. Hopefully one day it will happen.
Newcomers are usually revealed in Nintendo Directs though, so if Nintendo springs a surprise one on us... Then be prepared.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Even though I don't put much faith in VC releases, if a Nintendo Direct for tomorrow is announced today , it's definitely the prime time to reveal Isaac.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let us first see how they will reveal Ness. Am quite sure he'll also be revealed with a VC release of EarthBound. Maybe Isaac will get a similar treatment.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I'm up for another Assist Trophy promotion! I'd prefer Shadow over Issac, but I'd be fine either way! Count me in!
"I'd prefer a third party of a series and franchise already represented via a playable character should get in over a Nintendo character who has yet not had the chance to be playable"

What?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Don't start him off, lightdasher. Just keep it to Isaac only.
btw your avi is2lewd4me

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Don't start him off, lightdasher. Just keep it to Isaac only.
btw your avi is2lewd4me
Yuri ftw.
I see a lot of people who are like "yeah Judgement should be the final smash!"

But that seems too big and flashy, no other character in smash has a FS of that magnitude, closest is Captain Falcon, so why not have Isaacs final smash be something like Ragnarok?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I suppose unless we get a Direct announced for tomorrow (unlikely), the most we can expect to see from Isaac on his game's VC release would be the confirmation of his AT status . Ofc I really hope that doesn't happen, but the impending pic is pretty much the first time expecting something specifically GS-related is plausible, even if not overly likely.

Yuri ftw.

But that seems too big and flashy, no other character in smash has a FS of that magnitude, closest is Captain Falcon, so why not have Isaacs final smash be something like Ragnarok?
Too big and flashy? That's kind of what FSs are supposed to be... and if anything the others will only be bigger and flashier this time around what with the added visual effects and aesthetics the attacks are seeing.

Thanks, Wolf!
Anyway. I'm assuming what Isaac does as an Assist Trophy in Brawl would be made stronger and be modified as his Final Smash. Any objections?
Having "Move" as the FS would be fairly underwhelming imo. Isaac is capable of so much more. If not a Summon, than at least something like Megiddo or Ragnarok/Odyssey.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
We could get a GS stage tomorrow even if we don't get Isaac, it'd be the right time to include one with the VC releases... but that could be said for stages based on any of the GBA VC games really...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I suppose unless we get a Direct announced for tomorrow (unlikely), the most we can expect to see from Isaac on his game's VC release would be the confirmation of his AT status . Ofc I really hope that doesn't happen, but the impending pic is pretty much the first time expecting something specifically GS-related is plausible, even if not overly likely.

Too big and flashy? That's kind of what FSs are supposed to be... and if anything the others will only be bigger and flashier this time around what with the added visual effects and aesthetics the attacks are seeing.

Having "Move" as the FS would be fairly underwhelming imo. Isaac is capable of so much more. If not a Summon, than at least something like Megiddo or Ragnarok/Odyssey.
I've never played Golden Sun, it's not my fault, I just think it's a good idea to bring up Isaac from the minor leagues

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We could get a GS stage tomorrow even if we don't get Isaac, it'd be the right time to include one with the VC releases... but that could be said for stages based on any of the GBA VC games really...
At least getting a GS (or maybe AW) stage would cause the biggest ruckus out of all of the GBA VC releases.

Though if we end up getting a GS stage and not a GS character I'll be sour like never before. :laugh:

lightdasher

Smash Lord

Judgement is like a nuke, how would that even work?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Judgement is like a nuke, how would that even work?
Like a PK Starstorm meteor that travels to the center of the stage and then expands outward with an effect similar to Zero Laser would be my guess. One could dodge it by traveling to the upper corners of the screen perhaps. The smaller the stage, the more devastating.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Like a PK Starstorm meteor that travels to the center of the stage and then expands outward with an effect similar to Zero Laser would be my guess. One could dodge it by traveling to the upper corners of the screen perhaps. The smaller the stage, the more devastating.
Because that isn't downgrading it at all.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like a Golden Sun stage reveal would seal the deal on a playable rep though, especially if it was on the Wii U and not the 3ds.

Imagine if we got Felix or Matthew revealed as an assist trophy tomorrow, that would be such a troll.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No because Cook Kirby can't kill everything in the game it originates from either.
With the exception of bosses, Cook Kirby does kill everything on screen in the Kirby games. Yet its power is "downgraded" when in Smash as well to the point it only affects those in its vicinity. Just because Judgment wouldn't be as powerful as in GS doesn't mean it wouldn't work as a FS or still be one of the comparatively stronger ones.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
With the exception of bosses, Cook Kirby does kill everything on screen in the Kirby games. Yet its power is "downgraded" when in Smash as well to the point it only affects those in its vicinity. Just because Judgment wouldn't be as powerful as in GS doesn't mean it wouldn't work as a FS or still be one of the comparatively stronger ones.
At the end of the day I don't think Judgement would work and would prefer Ragnarok.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Yuri ftw.

I don't really see the point of not representing one of the most iconic, and recognizable abilities that Isaac has in his moveset. Also, Odyssey makes Ragnarok seem obselete.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I don't really see the point of not representing one of the most iconic, and recognizable abilities that Isaac has in his moveset. Also, Odyssey makes Ragnarok seem obselete.
Yes, if we had to choose between one or the other, I'd prefer my namesake (although I misspelled it so hard) be chosen. And what's happening here? I'm being led to believe that there's a Direct coming.

Or are we just talking PotD? And I do agree with Judgment being the FS.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No Direct coming tomorrow but chances are good for sometime this month. I believe it was hypothetically brought up as the only situation in which Isaac being revealed on the 3rd was plausible (as a character). But there's still the chance of an AT confirmation in a few hours time... :nervous:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
No Direct coming tomorrow but chances are good for sometime this month. I believe it was hypothetically brought up as the only situation in which Isaac being revealed on the 3rd was plausible (as a character). But there's still the chance of an AT confirmation in a few hours time... :nervous:
I think I brought up the Direct as the only situation where a newcomer was revealed. But I swear, if Isaac becomes an AT I'm going to die of depression. SAKURAI, HEAR THIS. IF ISAAC AIN'T PLAYABLE YOU'LL BE KILLING PEOPLE

Arteen

Smash Lord
If we get a direct this month or next month, we might see Isaac then.

I believe his best shot at a reveal will be around E3. So far we know about some of the various characters, items and stages that SSB4 will have, but very little about the game itself. E3 is a good time for an infodump on some of the game's various features and modes and customization options. Particularly, I expect that we'll finally learn more about the 3DS version, how it connects to the Wii U version, and what sets it apart.

And Isaac would be a great handheld character to reveal while discussing the first handheld Smash game. It'd be neat if the starting roster varied between the versions, so Isaac would be a starting character on the 3DS version but secret on the Wii U version. Wii Fit Trainer would be the opposite.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
And Isaac would be a great handheld character to reveal while discussing the first handheld Smash game. It'd be neat if the starting roster varied between the versions, so Isaac would be a starting character on the 3DS version but secret on the Wii U version. Wii Fit Trainer would be the opposite.
Oh. For a second there I thought you meant that the roster would be different and you'd get the characters in the opposite version though DLC. I was like "wtf mang"

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Wait, I was worried about Isaac being revealed as an AT tomorrow... Wasn't GS going to be released on japanese VC on 4/4? Was it released today?

If so, then... phew!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wait, I was worried about Isaac being revealed as an AT tomorrow... Wasn't GS going to be released on japanese VC on 4/4? Was it released today?

If so, then... phew!
Yeah I believe it was.

I don't think the absence of a direct really changes anything for Isaac. (or any of the other gba games)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yeah, I was really holding mine breath today when I was about to check the DOJO, especially since a Direct was not announced prior (I fancy most, if not all, of the newcomers will be revealed via Direct). Good to know Isaac is safe for the time being.

Oh, and let us not forget about 17 Apr, which is when Golden Sun comes out in Europe and the west.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yup, there's still the NA and EU releases left.

Also, if we're lucky enough to have Isaac playable, he could end up being unlockable and us not knowing absolutely anything about him until the game's release...

Top Bottom