• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
2000 posts down, here's hoping we get some Isaac in SSB4 action before the next thousand!

Thank you all for the continued support of our Golden Boy so far!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Along with Layton, I'm also predicting Isaac for the direct. Would make a lot of sense once you think about it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't just support Isaac, I intend to main him in the new Super Smash Bros game.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
If playable, Isaac will be fighting for the top spot in my mains alongside Luigi, Megaman, and Little Mac.

Listening to the Golden Sun soundtrack all day just in case.

Less than 7 hours and counting...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We have nothing to lose today. The Smash trailers till now never had a character disconfirmation, so we don't have to worry about him being revealed as an assist trophy any time soon.

Really, if Isaac is shown today, it will feel like an achievement. I hardly new about him before coming to Smashboards, but the passionate fanbase here has propelled him to become my single most wanted character for the game. Let's hope we'll see a banner similar to this on the Smash website today!

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
An Isaac reveal is just too good to be true. I'm not expecting him, but I'm certainly going to obsessively scan through every second of footage for even the vaguest hints at Golden Sun representation.

Regardless, the Direct should be an exciting watch. It's high time we learned more about the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As far as I can tell, GS representation, whether it be an AT, stage, or character doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to miss, even if its only a quick cut. Something like a piece of music could be a little harder to catch if it's playing behind someone talking (especially someone talking, someone translating, and game sound effects), and if it shows up on a non-GS stage, that's not a good sign.

Ofc getting GS music of all things later would be pretty random.

We have nothing to lose today. The Smash trailers till now never had a character disconfirmation, so we don't have to worry about him being revealed as an assist trophy any time soon.

Really, if Isaac is shown today, it will feel like an achievement. I hardly new about him before coming to Smashboards, but the passionate fanbase here has propelled him to become my single most wanted character for the game. Let's hope we'll see a banner similar to this on the Smash website today!
Good point, well said, and glad we could help in turning you towards a great character like Isaac! ^o^

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Oh gawd, it's almost time.

I mean, I know it's a longshot but I can't help but hope for an Isaac reveal. :sadeyes:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think it's THAT much of a longshot. After all Golden Sun is coming to virtual console this month.

Don't get your hopes up, but at the same there's no need to go into this direct already defeated. Right now Isaac has the best shot he's ever had since Smash Bros 4 was first announced. Whatever you think of his chances I don't think anyone could deny that.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I expecting Isaac? No. Am I counting him out? No.

We'll get what we get. And I hope we get Isaac. :awesome:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The only newcomer that we've gotten so far that I really wanted is an Animal Crossing rep. (Villager, and even then I probably would have picked Tom Nook given the choice)

I feel like I must be due another hit now.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I'm so ready to see Isaac revealed. I have some pretty high hopes. But the Direct will be good either way.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I think Isaac has a decent chance, he's a character with complex moveset which you can't explain via Miiverse daily pics neither he is that popular to be E3 material.
It's his time to rise like the sun does in the Battlefield :awesome:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I really want to see Isaac today, I think its the perfect time, besides I want him to be deconfirmed for Assist Trophy, I hate that stupid Assist Trophy in Brawl, make him playable.

As you can see in my signature, I claimed the Golden Sun power for myself, now give me my Isaac to play as in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know, sometimes I wondered how I'd feel/react when I saw Isaac confirmed as playable in a direct. To think that moment could be 45 minutes away is a bit surreal.

Hopelessly struggling to keep my hype in check.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I dont want to kill hype at all, but i see Isaac as a secret newcomer...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I dont want to kill hype at all, but i see Isaac as a secret newcomer...
Eh... It's good to kill hype. lol

I do agree with you there. However, I do think this is a unique circumstance with Golden Sun being released on VC less than a week ago. We shouldn't count on it, and we shouldn't think that him not showing up disconfirms him, but there is a significantly higher possibility of him showing up than there normally would be.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Acceptable news for Isaac at the moment he is not in the list of shown AT.

Eagle

Smash Lord
The fact that Isaac wasn't shown, when TONS of other old ATs were.. Oh man, I'm getting confident!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yikes. My heart was beating so hard during the Assist Trophy portions.

There were lots of casualties, and Isaac was not one of them! There is hope! =P

Arteen

Smash Lord
I've never been so happy not to see Isaac.

My heart dropped when the Direct started showing off all those returning assist trophies, but thank goodness Isaac wasn't one of them.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually, this gives me hope.

IF Isaac were a mere Assist Trophy, why would Sakurai not show him here? Of course, he could have been removed, or he could be a hidden AT again (but that still wouldn't have stopped Sakurai knowing how many previously hidden characters he has shown). On the other hand, if he's playable - as I've speculated for a while... He's likely to be one of those deeply hidden characters we will not know about until after release.

Nothing's certain... It's all speculation. But it gives hope. The fact that we had several AT reveals around the release of Golden Sun on VC, and then a whole reel of them in the ND, and Isaac was not present at all certainly gives us more hope than less hope.

Staarih

Smash Master
Things are looking positive for our boy! Funny how NOT seeing him makes me feel so relieved.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I agree; Isaac's absence from the AT section was rather conspicuous. Of course, it's possible that he's been axed completely, is a hidden AT, or just wasn't camera ready, but it still looks really good for his chances right now.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I agree; Isaac's absence from the AT section was rather conspicuous. Of course, it's possible that he's been axed completely, is a hidden AT, or just wasn't camera ready, but it still looks really good for his chances right now.
Well, as I said, I don't think the first two are likely.

I explained my reasoning on the second one (a lot of hidden characters have been shown. Sakurai is not showing any reserve lol), but the first one also is doubtful.

Sakurai said in the direct that he was looking to have as many Assist Trophies as possible. If Isaac were still not going to be upgraded to a character, I don't think that in light of recent Golden Sun releases Isaac would be removed from the AT list.

But it's all speculation... There could be other reasons he was not shown.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
The fact that Isaac wasn't shown, when TONS of other old ATs were.. Oh man, I'm getting confident!
This was basically how I felt when the ATs were being shown. I was praying Isaac wouldn't show up. Thank you Sakurai. Toying with my emotions once again.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
No, I agree. It's completely possible that he, along with scores of others, just hasn't been shown off yet as an AT. Really, anything is possible until official word has come from the Sakurai-man himself.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I was skipping a heart beat when he started revealing Assists.
But, having survived this only make us stronger! Isaac for Smash 4!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I actually got REALLY uncomfortable when he started showing Assist trophies. I was freaking out a bit. (a lot)

Not sure it really means anything though since Isaac was a secret assist trophy in brawl.

Still, Isaac lives to face another day....and looking at the bloodbath this direct caused we should be really grateful for that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, I lost my **** when they started showing off the Assist Trophies.

Thank God for no Isaac. (I find it hilarious that we're actually saying this. :laugh:)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Isaac was one of the few to go unscathed. I think he'll be revealed closer to release.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Rest in peace all those disconfirmed. Isaac lives to fight another day. Hopefully Sakurai makes the right choice.

Top Bottom