• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had some odd ideas for taunts. He could use his psynergy hand to give thumbs up/down, wave or clap.

Also if two Isaacs taunt next to each other they should shake their psyenergy hands or start thumb wrestling.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Retreat or teleport could also work as his stage entrance animation.

Growth would be alright as long as it's a normal recovery move and not a tether recovery. It'd be pretty cool if he could use his psychic hand as a tether/grab move.
That would be SO WEIRD. I'm all for it, but imagine him floating in the air, supposedly supported by a psychic hand he's not even attached to.

I had some odd ideas for taunts. He could use his psynergy hand to give thumbs up/down, wave or clap.

Also if two Isaacs taunt next to each other they should shake their psyenergy hands or start thumb wrestling.
This will be the only way to play Isaac.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
That would be SO WEIRD. I'm all for it, but imagine him floating in the air, supposedly supported by a psychic hand he's not even attached to.
In Dark Dawn, the psynergy Grip psynergy works like that.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nkrQmlmeYc

Golden Sun confirmed for UK Wii U Virtual Console, put second on the trailer, just after Yoshi's Island! Comes out April 17th.

It should be noted that to my experience Isaac is the UKs number 1 most wanted Smash newcomer (though Layton is a very very close second) and given my line of work I have a decent (though far from indicative) sample to consult.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Direct on April 3rd.....

Iwata: As you may be aware, Golden Sun arrived on the Japanese eShop today. Isaac is a popular character who originates from that game. Please take a look at the following trailer.

*Video plays confirming Miis*

Iwata: Ah hah, better luck next time Isaac!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Ahh, everyone beat me to it.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/03/severa...mario-bros-3-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console/

What I do not understand is why these would not be coming to 3DS.... as the idea behind the games is that they are portable.

Regardless, we have less than a month to see if Issac best possible reveal date will come to pass. I still see him as an unlockable, rather than a starter. Then again, Little Mac is most likely a starter. I don't know.

It would be heartbreaking to not see him revealed, but if he was a secret character, holy crap that would be amazing.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Confirmed for the US, Golden Sun is coming out April 17th!

Yay! Everyone needs to buy the crap out of that game, you won't regret it. I've wanted to replay it for a while now, so this is the perfect chance. :estatic:

It's nice to see GS have this mini-comeback. Hopefully it will chart well and Nintendo notices it. Embarrass

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Gosh, I cannot wait until Golden Sun gets released again.

It is nice to finally see Gameboy Advance titles getting released on the Virtual Console. Since the Wii U is not backward compatible, I think they should consider bringing GameCube titles to the Virtual Console as well. [EDIT] Wait a minute, I just Googled it and found that GameCube titles are on Virtual Console. My mistake.

Direct on April 3rd.....

Iwata: As you may be aware, Golden Sun arrived on the Japanese eShop today. Isaac is a popular character who originates from that game. Please take a look at the following trailer.

*Video plays confirming Miis*

Iwata: Ah hah, better luck next time Isaac!
...You know, I really could see something like that happening. Right now, I am scared that on 3 April or whenever, Isaac will be revealed to be an assist trophy once again...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, this is great news for us. April might very well be the month of truth, guys. Get hyped, but to keep it in control as well.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hyped? I'm a bit nervous, myself.

I don't know if a VC release would warrant revealing him if he is playable, but it still could happen, which would be mind-blowingly amazing, of course! However, if he is merely an Assist Trophy, I could very easily see him randomly being popped into an update between now and around the VC release of Golden Sun. =/

So now I'll be even more nervous with each update. However, last night's reveal of another AT (or is Andross something else? Didn't play Brawl enough to remember if he was there or not) did alleviate it a little bit, I suppose.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had this thought occur to me that if we got a direct on April 3 we could get both Isaac and Andy from Advance Wars in a double whammy....

but that's just madness......right?

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Hyped? I'm a bit nervous, myself.

I don't know if a VC release would warrant revealing him if he is playable, but it still could happen, which would be mind-blowingly amazing, of course! However, if he is merely an Assist Trophy, I could very easily see him randomly being popped into an update between now and around the VC release of Golden Sun. =/

So now I'll be even more nervous with each update. However, last night's reveal of another AT (or is Andross something else? Didn't play Brawl enough to remember if he was there or not) did alleviate it a little bit, I suppose.
Brawl had Andross. Sak's not releasing info on ATs too close together, so I wouldn't be so worried. I'm just really, really excited. But it's Sakurai, so you never know. If not April, then maybe August 1st (GS release date in Japan).

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
I actually love the idea of Isaac and an Advance Wars rep (my favourite being Sami) being announced in the next direct in exchange for no announced character in March. For me, Golden Sun and Advance Wars are related to each other so it would be nice to see one trailer for both series.
These are also two franchises exclusive to Handhelds, so they would fit to this generation of Smash with a Handheld version coming.

So, what would you prefer? Isaac with only earth-type attacks or with all four elements in use?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
April 17th actually sounds about right for a Direct, where they can talk about all the GBA releases and upcoming Mario Kart and such. The pre-E3 Direct.

Anywho, around Golden Sun's re-release would be the perfect time to reveal Isaac, weather playable or a returning AT... hopefully we know what his faith is either way.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When Golden Sun comes out on Wii U eShop, I implore you all to buy it. Nintendo has always seen Golden Sun as a C-lister... maybe because it doesn't sell as well as Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero... I don't know... but Nintendo needs to see that Golden Sun has potential to grow into a successful franchise.

I still dream of seeing Weyard, the world Golden Sun games take place in, in 3D (back during the Gamecube/Wii days) and now HD (during Wii U days). Dark Dawn was an attempt at making a 3D Golden Sun game and I liked it... but it looked like something from N64... and I know a 3D Golden Sun game would look gorgeous if it was made for the consoles... visually, I would like a 3D Golden Sun game to look like something from a cross between Xenoblade Chronicles and Dragon Quest X (still disappointed that it wasn't localized to North America).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm really digging all the support for new IP's I was about sick when I saw Rosalina not cause she's a bad character I love Rosalina but I was scared of IP overload.
But with this support for Isaac and Shulk it shows that people are like me tired of the IP's already represented and want new IP's represented this bodes well for the character roster methinks. Oh and I totally support Isaac or Mathew either one I don't care.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm ready for Golden Sun, I been waiting for this for a long time, I can't wait to see Saturos again.

So since Golden Sun is being released on VC, I feel this might be the big break we all been waiting for, Golden Sun is released on VC, then we start to see Golden Sun in Super Smash Bros for 3ds/Wii U, Isaac playable character, Felix Assist Trophy/Alternative Costume, Venus Lighthouse with Saturos and Menardi as the stage hazard and a few collectable trophies.

Who knows this could maybe make it's way to 3ds VC, but I don't know, 3ds VC has been poop as of late, I sick of all those old outdated games, it needs some GBA games now.

Another thing is I'm expecting a Golden Sun 4 announcement this Summer, it would be the perfect moment and by then who knows maybe Lost Age will be released too.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just thought of something: In Smash Bros, if Isaac picked up an item, instead of picking it up with his bare hands, perhaps he could lift, hold, and throw it with telekinesis like Mewtwo did. That would definitely make him stand out more from the other sword wielders.

When Golden Sun comes out on Wii U eShop, I implore you all to buy it. Nintendo has always seen Golden Sun as a C-lister... maybe because it doesn't sell as well as Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero... I don't know... but Nintendo needs to see that Golden Sun has potential to grow into a successful franchise.

I still dream of seeing Weyard, the world Golden Sun games take place in, in 3D (back during the Gamecube/Wii days) and now HD (during Wii U days). Dark Dawn was an attempt at making a 3D Golden Sun game and I liked it... but it looked like something from N64... and I know a 3D Golden Sun game would look gorgeous if it was made for the consoles... visually, I would like a 3D Golden Sun game to look like something from a cross between Xenoblade Chronicles and Dragon Quest X (still disappointed that it wasn't localized to North America).
I will definitely be buying Golden Sun when it comes out, though I probably will not actually play it until Golden Sun: The Lost Age comes out as well. I could just replay mine old GBA copies if I wanted to, but I really want to support this series.

Personally, I like 2D graphics on the GBA games better than the 3D graphics in Dark Dawn. If Golden Sun 4 does get made, I hope its graphics will be similar to that of the GBA games, but much sharper and much richer in texture. For me, both the battle and non-battle animations in Dark Dawn were not nearly as fun to watch as those of the first two games. I would also prefer Golden Sun to stay on handhelds. [Shrugs] But that is just me.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Issac would be a GREAT addition for Smash 4.. I bet his inclusion as an Assist Trophy in Brawl was like a slap in the face.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Issac would be a GREAT addition for Smash 4.. I bet his inclusion as an Assist Trophy in Brawl was like a slap in the face.
Oh if you think that was a slap in the face read Sakurai's DOJO post about Saki's AT he was trolling the crap out of Saki fans LOL. I was one of them:crying:
But yeah when Isaac was announced as an AT you could almost hear the groaning of Isaac fans across the internet and with good reason too.
I mean what if your most wanted character was revealed... as an assist trophy that would suck.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
And this time around we won't have anything to really be happy about, since a Golden Sun assist trophy is most likely going to be a given for Smash Bros 4. At least coming into brawl there was uncertainty whether Golden Sun would get any kind of nod at all, so we could be grateful for whatever we got.

If Isaac returns as an assist trophy it will be just like "oh yeah?", there'd be no satisfying progression.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

I dont own a Wii U, but even if i had one i wouldnt buy Golden Sun in Virtual Console. I have the 3 Golden Sun games, why i would play in TV or in the Wii U gamepad if i can play those games better in my GBA or in my DS.

To support Golden Sun? As i said i do own original copies of Golden Sun that were obtained brand new, 2 were a gift and the 3rd i bought it with my savings. As just a normal person that im, i think that i supported Golden Sun enough. Because i know plenty of Golden Sun fans that they played Golden Sun only through an emulator (And i dont blame them at all, Golden Sun although being a relatively popular game in GBA, it was unnoticed by many people).

Actually, if only Virtual Console had a "Online Game Link Cable Mode" that would be a completely different history, as a follower of Golden Sun, being able to play with my team against others is one of my personal wishes. But Virtual Console is only single player mode, not Golden Sun online yet, sigh...

Weyard days are long ago gone, i dont know if i can blame at all Nintendo, i usually blame Camelot. Im not going to criticize extensively Dark Dawn again, because i already did it many times but i really feel that game as a watered-down version of GBA games in almost anything, the few improvements that were maded to the series in that game are covered by all the bad things of the game. Forgiving the crapy plot, really, Dark Dawn could be a much better game with little changes in Gameplay.

I do think that whoever is in charge of Golden Sun, he dont cares about GS, franchise or fans. Is not like if they tried to make of Golden Sun something. I mean they can not letft 7 years between titles, not if they want to create a solid fanbase. Dark Dawn came too late, they needed, we needed Golden Sun DS in a more early stage of the Generation, not at the death of the console. And now already 4 years since Dark Dawn. What are they waiting for? I can imagine me talking to the new generations: "When i was young, There were only 151 Pokemons, and this game is Golden Sun, if you like it, enjoy it because you are not going to see another in 10 years :D"

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Very much this. Except barring the original F-Zero, the GS games have done better than the following F-Zero iterations, yet Nintendo hardly treats GS as a series actually "bigger" (at least in terms of reception) than F-Zero, which is unfortunate. Though it is easier for them to reference or have cameos of 1st party IPs than 2nd.

I dont own a Wii U, but even if i had one i wouldnt buy Golden Sun in Virtual Console. I have the 3 Golden Sun games, why i would play in TV or in the Wii U gamepad if i can play those games better in my GBA or in my DS.

To support Golden Sun? As i said i do own original copies of Golden Sun that were obtained brand new, 2 were a gift and the 3rd i bought it with my savings. As just a normal person that im, i think that i supported Golden Sun enough. Because i know plenty of Golden Sun fans that they played Golden Sun only through an emulator (And i dont blame them at all, Golden Sun although being a relatively popular game in GBA, it was unnoticed by many people).
Yes, to people casually interested in GS, who already own all the titles, it is enough. One would think that someone who identifies as the GS fan would recognize that even if all three previous games are owned, supporting re-releases gives Nintendo/Camelot proof that there is still some interest in the series, which can lead to it being continued. Especially since Camelot pretty much literally said a demonstration of demand would help the chances of a GS4. You not owning a Wii U makes this relatively moot, but just because DD wasn't on the level of the first two doesn't mean the future of the series will only ever be able to match DD's quality. Many series have rebounded from a lower point.

Plus it's not like you would need to pick up DD again, the GBA ones are the ones you yourself think so highly of.

I do think that whoever is in charge of Golden Sun, he dont cares about GS, franchise or fans. Is not like if they tried to make of Golden Sun. I mean they can not letft 7 years between titles, not if they want to create a solid fanbase. Dark Dawn came too late, they needed, we needed Golden Sun DS in a more early stage of the Generation, not at the death of the console. And now already 4 years since Dark Dawn. What are they waiting for? I can imagine me talking to the new generations: "When i was young, There were only 151 Pokemons, and this game is Golden Sun, if you like it, enjoy it because you are not going to see another in 10 years :D"
Yeah, they way DD was handled was less than stellar, but it almost sounds like you're punishing Camelot/Nintendo/whoever for those mistakes. The only ones you'd actually be hurting by withdrawing support for the continuation of the series is the fans and yourself if you're not going to be open to GS4 even hypothetically being superior to DD. I don't really see the point in continuing to malign DD, that game can't be changed at this point, but we can still work (for whatever it's worth) towards showing support for a fourth installment.

And what are they waiting for? Well it's hard to fault Camelot for working on Mario sports games instead of GS when you consider Nintendo is a business and Mario IPs tend to sell much better than RPGs that aren't Pokemon. Who knows though, given the success of the 3DS maybe Camelot will start on a GS once the golf game has gone gold.

-------------
Oh and this video gets my approval for acknowledging the quality of GS:
Top Nintendo game *******! :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Mario Golf: World Tour looks is looking to be quite a polished game, showing to me that Camelot seems to still have it (even if Tennis Open was weird and underpolished).

Now, with the spinoffs out of the way, we should indeed give a way to support Camelot as much as we can by buying the games themselves when they're released to VC.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Well i was thinking about this a bit more. The Wii U is drowning and for those who own a Wii U Virtual Consoles prizes dont seem to be extremely high, in order to support Nintendo that would a worthy action. Yet im not agree with all this:
Yes, to people casually interested in GS, who already own all the titles, it is enough. One would think that someone who identifies as the GS fan would recognize that even if all three previous games are owned, supporting re-releases gives Nintendo/Camelot proof that there is still some interest in the series, which can lead to it being continued. Especially since Camelot pretty much literally said a demonstration of demand would help the chances of a GS4. You not owning a Wii U makes this relatively moot, but just because DD wasn't on the level of the first two doesn't mean the future of the series will only ever be able to match DD's quality. Many series have rebounded from a lower point.
Well as i said before i know many persons identified as Golden Sun fans, that they only played through emulation or they just buyed an used copy lately, should i consider me a superior fan for that or something? "What you played Golden Sun through an emulator, you are not a Golden Sun fan, YOU ARE A *****" And if someone re-buys a Virtual copy of a game that he already owns, wow i must consider him a god because, he buys the same game twice!!! thats a hardcore fan indeed, i cant compete with that. About Camelot statements of "We will make another game if we see enough support for Golden Sun". I feel that is a poor excuse or a taunt, i mean:

*The question is simple: Camelot are going to make GS4?
With that answer they say literally nothing. Why they cant be atleast clear with us: "No, sorry we are not interested in making games that are not a spin-off of Mario because they are not profitable as those. Perhaps if we are too bored we start another proyect but you have to wait till the next decade"

*A fanbase can not survive for itself, what kind of support do they expect?

Those things are what are going to stop indefinitely the growth of Golden Sun as a series. Is comprehensible, and one of my reasons of me wanting Isaac in Smash.
Is not a secret but many characters in Smash are from series that they dont have a recent successful game recently, some characters dont even belong to a completely succesful series comparing them to other characters. Smash is the place in where the glory of Isaac can be saved even if his series dont continuate at all.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
VC rankings definitely mean something to Nintendo, they show interest in a series, and helps open up the possibility of future installments.

Earthbound fans are doing it right, the fact that EB is ranking in the VC is quite a feat. Us GS fans should do the same.

Top Bottom