• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've always imagined Isaac to be a medium-heavy character, somewhere around Link's weight. I hope he'd be better than Link, though... or that Link himself will be better this time around, at least XD

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think Link is a good comparison. He definitely needs to be stronger than Link's been in previous games though... lol

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I envisioned teenager Isaac to be a light-medium weight character that's got ground-centered stats. Definitely not Link because Link is fully-grown, relatively tall, and is stated to be heavy specifically because of all the items he carries around.

(Melee)
Weight: Young Link / Roy
Falling Speed: Roy
Traction: Sheik
Air Speed: Sheik
Dashing speed: Mario
Jumping Height: Mario

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Eh, Isaac is 17, and I think it's probably fair to say Link is around that age, too. In fact, Zeldapedia states that Twlight Princess Link is "around 17 years old" - maybe not the most official source, but still, point is they are arguably the same age. And Isaac comes off slightly heavier to me due to being earth-based, and his chest armor. It seems a bit heavier than Marth or Roy's shoulder armor - maybe it wouldn't be, but it gives him a slightly bulkier appearance, imo. Same for his outfit in general - I imagine there's some padding/under-armor going on :p Also, I think this is based more off of Felix's art, but their swords always seemed rather large to me. Combine that with earth-based attacks and I feel like it'd be weird to have him on the lighter side of things. Perhaps he should be lighter than Link, though - somewhere in between Link and Marth would be good, perhaps.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well to be fair, being a user of earth magic shouldn't be indicative of your weight. How does that make sense?

Does the magic weigh you down or something? There isn't any passive psynergy that makes characters lighter or heavier based on their element.

I feel making Isaac heavy just because he uses earth magic is a bit daft. It would be like making Ridley light just because he's a creature that thrives in the air.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
That is very true, but it still does leave a certain reflection on his character, I think. I feel like there would be a disconnect if he was pulling up boulders from the ground to crash into people and was also very light - if somebody is crashing big ol' rocks into your face, I just think the character ought to have a certain heft to them on the whole. Now I guess Himi from Dark Dawn could get away with being lighter, and maybe that is a bit contradictory, but she is also a tiny little girl, whereas Isaac is a sword-wieldin', armor wearin', and generally pretty strapping fella :p Anyways, that's just how I see it - I would make him as heavy as Marth at the very least.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well if you use your mind (psynergy) to move boulders and manipulate earth then I don't see how that is any reflection on a characters bulk. You don't need muscles if your powers come from the mind. Mewtwo, Ness and Lucas should be indicative of that. Granted Isaac would be bulkier than those three but he'd hardly be a bruiser.

I feel he should be average weight personally. (What would typically be expected of a male teenager) Wouldn't it be bizarre if Isaac was rivalling or even close to Bowser in terms of weight?

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
He's a mind-over-matter type of guy, so I don't expect him to be that heavy. I would prefer Isaac be a fast-faller to fit his affinity for the ground.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I agree with Rhymes, to me his Earth element kinda makes me think he'd be a "close to the ground" fighter and wouldn't be light. It's a matter of imagining his "feel" as a character, the higher pull of gravity to me relates to his element.

Then again, subjectiveness.

Wouldn't it be bizarre if Isaac was rivalling or even close to Bowser in terms of weight?
Perhaps it would, but... I don't think anyone has suggested THAT heaviness. :p

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I vote lighter than Link to. I'd vote for a weight in between Mario and Ness. Think that's more than reasonable. Also, I also pictured him being a fast faller like Roy. But don't think his air speed should be all too great.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be bizarre if Isaac was rivalling or even close to Bowser in terms of weight?
I never suggested he should be anywhere near that heavy - but yes, that would be bizarre XD

At first I read Mario and Ness and thought that sounded much too light, but then I went and looked at the weight chart, and how the heck are Ness and Lucas heavier than Marth and Toon Link? Their giant heads? Guess that's what I get for not playing any of those characters :p But yeah, around Mario's weight could be good. I might put him as a little heavier than that, maybe at 101, right in between Wolf and Lucario.

Haha, just noticed this at the bottom of the weight page on the wiki:

Despite Ivysaur and Lucario having the same weight in SSBB, Ivysaur actually only weighs 29.2 lb according to the Pokedex while Lucario weighs 119.0 lbs.
Proof that the weight system is a load of nonsense anyways! :bee:

Last edited:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine Captain Falcon's weight would be the best for Isaac... Yeah, he IS a teenager, but he also has armour and a freaking broad sword.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Captain Falcon and Link have been the exact same weight since Smash on N64. :facepalm:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Well, Captain Falcon is tied with Link at a weight of 104, so that would match up with what some of us have suggested :)

Edit: Ninja'd D8

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
102 should be the heaviest Isaac should be in my opinion.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys noticed that Isaac is appearing more and more in the fake leaks ? Not that any of that leaks are true, but people seems to believe that Isaac became one of the most likely newcomer. I'm sure that Little Mac has helped him.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Did you guys noticed that Isaac is appearing more and more in the fake leaks ? Not that any of that leaks are true, but people seems to believe that Isaac became one of the most likely newcomer. I'm sure that Little Mac has helped him.
I noticed that, too. Makes me feel warm inside.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Just like Ike being confirmed in the "leaks" massively when Lucario was revealed.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I would feel better about it if it wasn't always him + Shulk + Andy + Lip + Prince Sable + half a dozen other unlikely newcomers XD Or at least it seems like that's always how it is. Some of them may get in, but I highly doubt they're all getting in together. I guess it's nice to see people considering him, though.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
What about the rest of the world specifically?
All I can find is "April" for the rest of the world.
We seem to get Nintendo Directs every two months, so we should get one in April. So with Golden Sun releasing for VC then, there's the potential for Isaac to be revealed.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I dont know... Golden Sun is series exclusive to portable consoles at the moment, any Golden Sun stages makes more sense in 3DS version.
My thinking is that rule applies to stages from series with no characters in the game. With stages from series that have characters, they will hopefully get stages in both versions so they have home stages during single player.

Staarih

Smash Master
What about the rest of the world specifically?
From what I understood, Golden Sun will only be released in the Japanese Virtual Console (on April 3rd), and not other regions. At least not yet, which is a shame really. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yeah, I think Link is a good comparison. He definitely needs to be stronger than Link's been in previous games though... lol
Link himself needs to be stronger.

As for Isaac, while his games have only been portable, KI has mostly been portable and we got a KI stage from Uprising. I think Golden Sun could get a free pass if Isaac is playable.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My thinking is that rule applies to stages from series with no characters in the game. With stages from series that have characters, they will hopefully get stages in both versions so they have home stages during single player.
I could see Golden Sun (if it gets a playable character) getting two stages on the 3ds version and just one on the Wii U version. One of them will be the same between both versions (like Little Macs boxing ring) and the other will be exclusive to the 3ds.

My thinking is that all franchises with playable characters will get at least one stage on both versions. R.O.B might be an exception to that since he doesn't really originate from a game.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If Isaac were to be confirmed, what do you think would his character video would look like?
Maybe him unleashing Megiddo, then with his back turned yellow scarf blowing in the wind turning around facing everybody like a boss?

Link himself needs to be stronger.

As for Isaac, while his games have only been portable, KI has mostly been portable and we got a KI stage from Uprising. I think Golden Sun could get a free pass if Isaac is playable.
I totally agree.

As for the Golden Sun on the VC, I'm thinking maybe I'd rather see the first two GS games remade for 3ds, I think the developers behind Golden Sun need to revisit their roots before making Golden Sun 4.

Last edited:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
<My ideal Isaac>

Sword swipes only for ground tilt, jab, and maybe an aerial. Other aerials as Earth psynergy.
Earth psynergy for Smash attacks and specials.
--Psynergy attacks, Smash and Specials, can be charged for greater effect (turn them into the stronger versions of the spells)
"Move" for his grab attack.
--Spectral hand moves out, grabs person, doesn't bring them back but throws them from the spot they were grabbed)

Djinn just as a Golden Sun item and not directly part of his moveset.
A random element Djinn appears over the player's head and blesses their smash attacks with the Djinn's element.
-Air: Increase range/hitbox.
-Earth: Increase knockback/launch velocity.
-Fire: Increase % damage.
-Water/Ice: Chance to freeze hit enemies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I can definitely get behind Isaac's inclusion. Golden Sun was an amazing game and should have better representation that just a trophy.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I almost forgot to post these...
(GIF Files)
Blocks projectiles and acts a bit like Marios fludd.
@Second Image: That is actually a pretty good idea, being able to move the hand back and forth; that would definitely allow for more strategy. I used to think Move would be better off as Isaac's side special, but now I think it would be best as his standard special.

I wonder what Isaac's side special would be... Hmm, perhaps he could conjure a vine from his hand, allowing for ranged grabs and tether recoveries.

As for his up and down specials, I think those should be Retreat and Earthquake, respectively.

[EDIT] Nobody saw that typo, did they...?

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

I'd rather see Gaia for his down smash.

Final Smash should be Megiddo, it's the Sol Blade unleash and this is a ultimate attack seeing that we spam this move on powerful super bosses such as Dullahan.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I prefer Earthquake for his Down Smash myself. And his forward smash could be a jumping sword strike which he does for his normal attacks. Growth could be a good Up Smash.

TeamFlareZakk

Retreat sounds better if you ask me, I think Growth would end up just like Ivysaur's up b, which I didn't like in Brawl.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Retreat or teleport could also work as his stage entrance animation.

Growth would be alright as long as it's a normal recovery move and not a tether recovery. It'd be pretty cool if he could use his psychic hand as a tether/grab move.

Top Bottom