• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I don't think Venus Lightouse would be that complicated as a stage. It has a sort of symmetrical shape. Also they wouldn't even need to add stage hazards. (although I'd love to see Fusion/Doom Dragon to appear as a boss, it's not a requirement)

It might be better for Golden Sun if the stage doesn't have gimmicks anyway, then it could be used for tournament play and Golden Sun would get some extra attention.
Venus Lighthouse for starter stage.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we have been underestimating the capacity of Sakurai's remaining team, even if it is smaller than pre-release. They were capable of developing and releasing :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: simultaneously, so it's possible that they could have another character ready by then. And considering that Nintendo isn't learning from their mistakes (FE Fates's DLC was on their server already despite that it was supposed to release in July), so the August patch can have some interesting stuff for us to data-mine. :4pacman:

:231:
The FE Fates DLC isn't actually complete, though. There was chapter synopses in the game code, but that third path isn't complete yet and its apparently coming later.

But as for August I definitely think we're getting a decent amount of content. Probably one new character (Wolf most likely), maybe an announcement of the first ballot character for October (K. Rool probably), tournaments, a new set of Mii costumes, and the two new 64 stages.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I don't think Venus Lightouse would be that complicated as a stage. It has a sort of symmetrical shape. Also they wouldn't even need to add stage hazards. (although I'd love to see Fusion/Doom Dragon to appear as a boss, it's not a requirement)

It might be better for Golden Sun if the stage doesn't have gimmicks anyway, then it could be used for tournament play and Golden Sun would get some extra attention.
I'd die from hype if we got a tournament legal Golden Sun stage. I'd counter-pick it 24/7, even if it's Isaac's worst stage to play on.
As much as I would like just a Golden Sun stage in general, I'd say chances are not the best as there are already two soundtracks that are in the game, but that shouldn't be a complete rule-out though. Street Fighter got one, so I don't see why not.

Speaking of Street Fighter, along with a Ryu trophy came a Ken trophy. I hope the same would happen with Golden Sun getting at least either a Garet or Felix trophy.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
If Isaac is chosen, do you guys want his younger version or older? If the opposite of what you want gets chosen, would you be upset?

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
If Isaac is chosen, do you guys want his younger version or older? If the opposite of what you want gets chosen, would you be upset?
Honestly, all I want is Golden Sun representation. So if we get Matthew or old Isaac, I wouldn't be mad, and it would make sense for promotion of future sequels, but in my honest opinion, if we're only getting one Golden Sun represenative, young Isaac deserves it the most.

ferioku

Smash Ace
We're really getting an influx of supporters! Happy to see that Isaac is more popular than ever.=D

By the way, I've never played The lost ages properly, is it worth buying? I loved the original but didn't really pay attention to the other two =/.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
We're really getting an influx of supporters! Happy to see that Isaac is more popular than ever.=D

By the way, I've never played The lost ages properly, is it worth buying? I loved the original but didn't really pay attention to the other two =/.
You should definitely buy The Lost Age, so that you can complete the GBA era of Golden Sun.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
And he asks for a new game, which is even better.

GS4 is now the 72th game of the Top 100, in front of games like Dragon Quest. :troll:
I asked the french Golden Sun community to work on it, it was effective. :denzel:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
And he asks for a new game, which is even better.

GS4 is now the 72th game of the Top 100, in front of games like Dragon Quest. :troll:
I asked the french Golden Sun community to work on it, it was effective. :denzel:
Holy ****, that's awesome. Same that in such a small country such as mine there is no Golden Sun community xD, but I try my hardest for it. Which is understanble, since we are small and only popular games such as Pokémon and Smash have big communities. (And also Minecraft, but most are 12 year old kids).

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer

TLA>Original
Better story, better puzzles, more optional dungeons, better music as a whole, better weapons, and 8 whole characters. Only thing I like more from the original is the save screen lol.

That may be nostalgia bias though.

ferioku

Smash Ace
TLA>Original
Better story, better puzzles, more optional dungeons, better music as a whole, better weapons, and 8 whole characters. Only thing I like more from the original is the save screen lol.

That may be nostalgia bias though.
I agree with everything but the music. I heard TLA music, liked it but I didn't find it as interesting as the original. However, everything else seems to look amazing. Just watched a couple of videos on TLA and it looks really good!

I still can't get over the fact that Camelot are releasing another Mario Tennis game...:hulk: It really cringes me out!

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I agree with everything but the music. I heard TLA music, liked it but I didn't find it as interesting as the original. However, everything else seems to look amazing. Just watched a couple of videos on TLA and it looks really good!

I still can't get over the fact that Camelot are releasing another Mario Tennis game...:hulk: It really cringes me out!
Yeah, I knew saying better music was going to be the most debatable one. While the original has probably the best song in the series (Saturos battle theme), my honest opinion believes that TLA has better music as a whole with themes like the Doom Dragon battle theme, the Felix battle theme (better than Isaac's in my opinion), the Garoh theme, the Lemuria theme, and the Mars lighthouse theme, just to name a few at the top of my head.

Shog

Smash Ace
I like to think of Golden Sun 1 and 2 as a whole game together.
THIS
I won't spoil anything, but without the first game, one MAJOR PLOT ELEMENT in the end of the second game wouldn't make much sense...(and you know what I am talking about right?)

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice

TLA has every song from TBS tho... Still themes like Mars Lighthouse, Tundaria Tower, Doom Dragon theme, and Jenna Battle are amazing, just to name a few.

Also this afternoon I made this:
20150628_202739.jpg

Thought you guys would like it :)

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Well f*ck.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Okay. Wild guess to try to save us: Isaac isn't a silent protagonist in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn.
Why even using the term "silent protagonist"? They manage to sound like one of Sakurai's trolls.

And if it's still not Isaac, this time they can just go f*ck themselves, seriously. :glare:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm really not sure who it could be at this point if its not Isaac. I mean, the boots comment doesn't mean much. The bigger issue is that the first post stated who was doing it (the guy who did Travis, which had Isaac in it), and the music (which happens to be a guy who did a GS remix hoping they'd do Isaac).

I doubt its Isaac from TLA, because he's got the same design as GS1. However, it could be Adult Isaac from Dark Dawn.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well f*ck.

Okay. Wild guess to try to save us: Isaac isn't a silent protagonist in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn.
Why even using the term "silent protagonist"? They manage to sound like one of Sakurai's trolls.

And if it's still not Isaac, this time they can just go f*ck themselves, seriously. :glare:
Its Goku...

from Yuyuki!
Hopefully it is Isaac.
I'm really not sure who it could be at this point if its not Isaac. I mean, the boots comment doesn't mean much. The bigger issue is that the first post stated who was doing it (the guy who did Travis, which had Isaac in it), and the music (which happens to be a guy who did a GS remix hoping they'd do Isaac).

I doubt its Isaac from TLA, because he's got the same design as GS1. However, it could be Adult Isaac from Dark Dawn.
I don't want Adult Isaac, Isaac from the originals is so much more iconic.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
It would be strange to see them do Adult Isaac, no?
Omni said they try to put themselves in Sakurai's shoes, to sum up.

Which doesn't mean anything since this guy is the definition of unpredictable.

But well... one must have a pretty good knowledge of Golden Sun to bring Adult Isaac on the table instead of Young Isaac.
Or even instead of Matthew since people mix them when they don't know the series well.

Last edited:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I still think it's Isaac. The difference between Golden Sun Isaac and TLA Isaac are very small, and I think that hint was trying to throw us off.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well f*ck.

When is it supposed to be posted again?
Because the only character I could think of sharing the entire Goku Hair and Boots thing was Crono... who's mute the ENTIRE GAME.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Because the only character I could think of sharing the entire Goku Hair and Boots thing was Crono... who's mute the ENTIRE GAME.
It might be out next week I believe. He never really confirmed a date. I don't know, I'm do some browsing on the Smashboards to see if anyone matches this quota matches anyone.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Double post for me, I'M SUPER SORRY! But I may know who the person they are Smashifying next. He has boots, Goku hair, and I actually have no idea if he's mute but I don't believe he is. This might be the man standing in front of our beloved Isaac being Smashified, I highly doubt Omni would pull something like this but maybe...

it might be Cloud Strife.

Top Bottom