• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Its debateable whether its always been more popular in the west, but its definitely true GS was far more popular in Japan pre-Brawl. Plus, the sales of the first two games were far better in the west than in Japan (granted, they weren't horrible in Japan). This is also the problem with Dark Dawn's sales numbers; we've only got numbers for Japan, and don't know accurate numbers for anywhere else.
It's strange how Fire Emblem is far more popular in Japan, and Golden Sun far more popular in the west.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's strange how Fire Emblem is far more popular in Japan, and Golden Sun far more popular in the west.
"Far more" popular is rather debateable. It is "far more" popular in the west now, but pre-Brawl it was a lot more popular in Japan than it is now. Basically, GS's popularity in the west remained mostly the same (probably dropping down a bit) while it wavered in Japan.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I want Isaac or any golden sun rep. We have our competition though seeing as I see Isaac barely hanging on to top 3-5. His chances are looking good but this is stressful. When do you guys think we will hear more?
Vote for Isaac on this meaningless straw poll! Or don't!

http://www.strawpoll.me/4736426/
^Just look at this for example. This goes to show our only practical competitors are King K. Rool and possibly the Inklings, but Isaac is polling better than the Inklings at the moment, and if what Sakurai said was true, several at the very least means two, meaning Isaac's chances are seemingly well. Most of the time when Isaac isn't top 2, it's when 3rd party characters who don't have the greatest of chances are voted in. The only thing I'm worried about is how Isaac is polling in Japan, which I'm not quite sure of. I know at the very least he is top 20, and maybe top 10.

If Isaac does get in, this will be the first time I don't main Jigglypuff.
Unless he is complete garbage, then I'll sub him.

Also, what do you guys think are the chances of a Felix alt? Might be asking for too much, but I hope at least there is a color palette that resembles Felix. I sort of have more nostalgia for Felix. I played TLA before the original because I didn't know at the time TLA was the sequel. I played TLA all the way through, then bought the original like two months after I finished. It's not too bad playing it in that order.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
^Just look at this for example. This goes to show our only practical competitors are King K. Rool and possibly the Inklings, but Isaac is polling better than the Inklings at the moment, and if what Sakurai said was true, several at the very least means two, meaning Isaac's chances are seemingly well. Most of the time when Isaac isn't top 2, it's when 3rd party characters who don't have the greatest of chances are voted in. The only thing I'm worried about is how Isaac is polling in Japan, which I'm not quite sure of. I know at the very least he is top 20, and maybe top 10.

Also, what do you guys think are the chances of a Felix alt? Might be asking for too much, but I hope at least there is a color palette that resembles Felix. I sort of have more nostalgia for Felix. I played TLA before the original because I didn't know at the time TLA was the sequel. I played TLA all the way through, then bought the original like two months after I finished. It's not too bad playing it in that order.
I can see Isaac having 8 different colour palettes and the 5th is Felix's colour palette. Felix as an alt character is also possible, but I see Matthew being more likely than Felix for an Isaac alt.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice

If Isaac is complete garbage I'll main him. Hell I'll go to tournaments with him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I find it humorous that people complain Isaac would be just another sword-wielder when, even if that was true, sword-wielders often end up as among the most popular characters. xD

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Plus the free Tournaments update.

Not to mention the inevitable wave of new Mii costume DLC.
Better be a Kraden costume in that.

Also, what do you guys think are the chances of a Felix alt? Might be asking for too much, but I hope at least there is a color palette that resembles Felix.
Considering we didn't even get a Ken alt for Ryu, probably not. But Ryu already had alt colors from SF, Isaac never has. (Except the beard. Always main Bearded Isaac)

In other news, I was playing through the Sailor Moon arcade game and these two showed up. Kastol and Polx just sound like main Golden Sun antagonists. Even kinda look like they could be Proxinians.
KP.PNG

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In other news, I was playing through the Sailor Moon arcade game and these two showed up. Kastol and Polx just sound like main Golden Sun antagonists. Even kinda look like they could be Proxinians.
View attachment 58621
Sailor Moon is old enough to have an Arcade game???

I find it humorous that people complain Isaac would be just another sword-wielder when, even if that was true, sword-wielders often end up as among the most popular characters. xD
And those same people were screaming for Roy.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Better be a Kraden costume in that.

Considering we didn't even get a Ken alt for Ryu, probably not. But Ryu already had alt colors from SF, Isaac never has. (Except the beard. Always main Bearded Isaac)

View attachment 58621
I do think they'd go with basically the slightly taller GS3 Isaac, but without the beard, just having beard Isaac (with the jacket) as an alt. Along with having Matthew's outfit as an alt. The rest of the colors can be based on his allies of course.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Did anyone else notice this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Sun_(series)#Reception

In April of 2015, Golden Sun's director,Hiroyuki Takahashi expressed at a Tokyo press conference that a fourth instalment wouldn't be too far off in the future as they had been inspired by lores and legends for another title as well as a possible spin-off. "We want the next Golden Sun to end this generation at the very least, much like "the Lost Age" ended the first generation on the Gameboy Advance." That being said, The series may still be far from finished. In 2014, Camelot applied for rights over Capcom's original Breath of Fire series. Camelot also wanted to do some works for the revival of an older series for the handhelds, when brought up, Camelot said that their future works may not be designated as Nintendo exclusive titles.
That's strange. There isn't a reference though....so maybe someones just trying to play tricks.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice

That's strange. There isn't a reference though....so maybe someones just trying to play tricks.
Funny you should mention that:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenSun/...tement_regarding_fourth_installment/?sort=top

Sailor Moon is old enough to have an Arcade game???

And those same people were screaming for Roy.
Sailor Moon hit its high in the 90s right?

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Someone has yet to convince me that the Inklings have a chance for DLC.
It would be the stupidest thing possible to make them so soon. Rushing them for a simple DLC instead of waiting to make them correctly for the next game would be a total waste. Which character would hype Smash 5 better than them? No one.
How hard must it be to make their ink gimmick work, right now? Probably extremely hard.

Yet most people refuse to understand that.

I feel like I repeat myself saying this again, but I've never had an answer to that question, iirc. Or I have Alzheimer.

To me our only real competition is K. Rool. And if we get more than one character from the Ballot, I don't think it's going to be a competition but we'll both win.

Hopefully I'm right, this time.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I haven't seen a source for this. I'd be interested if true, but I won't believe it without a source.

"older series" could refer to Shining Force, though.

EDIT: In regards to future works not being designated "Nintendo exclusive," that obviously does not include Golden Sun, since that is co-owned by Nintendo. However, they could potentially work on other developer's IP's, such as Shining Force (well, technically its their old IP) or Breath of Fire as suggested in the article. Also, they have done non-Mario Golf games before.

Hopefully if true this means they have in fact greatly expanded their development teams.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I haven't seen a source for this. I'd be interested if true, but I won't believe it without a source.

"older series" could refer to Shining Force, though.

Seriously, getting back Golden Sun AND Shining Force? It's just too good to be true.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering that section was added by the same guy who edited the Wikipedia page to include the Vita under systems Golden Sun has been on, I wouldn't put a huge amount of stock into it's validity.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Hey guys. I made a Golden Sun stage that's not a lighthouse, Passaj Mountain climb. It's simple with two cliffs and a gorge between them, but floating around are blocks of the special mineral, zol.

It's a bit clustered and I haven't tested how it plays, but let me know what you think!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHj--t1vcA
I decided to revamp this old stage BIG time:

Before:

After:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkNj7gQeA

HUGE thanks to @Nintendokusou for giving me suggestions on how to improve the stage long ago, including the Ouroboros Zol Snake

as well as a tunnel (albeit probably not in the intended sense). I think it turned out quite well.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I looked at his potentials

And very interging moves (may be possible for the only dlc character with customs. In my opinion.)

So congradulations you got yourself a new supporter for isaac.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

And very interging moves (may be possible for the only dlc character with customs. In my opinion.)

Welcome aboard, S.O.B...

Dat name.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice

Dude, what if Isaac's customs changed his class? Like he can swap out venus djinn to becone a chaos lord or w/e.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd actually kind of like having Isaac/Felix alt. We need more brunette dudes, and each could have colors that remind us of their respective party members.

But realistically, if they go with Isaac/Matthew, it's probably good news fpr Golden Sun fans, as they're probably planning the DD sequel.

I have great hopes for Isaac. Still no trophy bodes really well for him, if you ask me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I swear, anyhow Inkling gets in over Isaac. I'm legit going to turn in to the Hulk and go after Sakurai's rear end.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I suppose I let out my inner fanboy there but I just have this really bad feeling that they might get in over Isaac and that really scares me.

Isaac deserves the DLC spot a lot more than they do IMO. They can wait for Smash 5 were they'll be locks for the game.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I've been wondering, do you guys believe that in August, we'll get more than 1 character as DLC? As for me, I do believe it is possible, but I don't see it happening, considering we got 3 characters this month.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I suppose I let out my inner fanboy there but I just have this really bad feeling that they might get in over Isaac and that really scares me.
Isaac deserves the DLC spot a lot more than they do IMO. They can wait for Smash 5 were they'll be locks for the game.
I don't think you should worry about that. This is coming from an Inkling supporter.
Instead of worrying about Inklings getting in over Isaac you should be worrying about Isaac in general.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nah, I think Inklings are meant for the next smash. That's why we got splatoon costumes for mii fighters.

It makes sense that they'd want an exciting new and unique character with a unique gimmick, and a brand new stage to start off the 1st trailer of a new title, rather than rush it. Meanwhile Isaac who already has some songs in, but no trophies, is the perfect DLC candidate.

Whipping up a stage for him wouldn't be as hard. They could probably include something as plain as Vale, and next time they could program a more complex stage.

But hey, for all we know, they could be both in. :3

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've been wondering, do you guys believe that in August, we'll get more than 1 character as DLC? As for me, I do believe it is possible, but I don't see it happening, considering we got 3 characters this month.
I think we have been underestimating the capacity of Sakurai's remaining team, even if it is smaller than pre-release. They were capable of developing and releasing :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: simultaneously, so it's possible that they could have another character ready by then. And considering that Nintendo isn't learning from their mistakes (FE Fates's DLC was on their server already despite that it was supposed to release in July), so the August patch can have some interesting stuff for us to data-mine. :4pacman:

:231:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Whipping up a stage for him wouldn't be as hard. They could probably include something as plain as Vale, and next time they could program a more complex stage.
I don't think Venus Lightouse would be that complicated as a stage. It has a sort of symmetrical shape. Also they wouldn't even need to add stage hazards. (although I'd love to see Fusion/Doom Dragon to appear as a boss, it's not a requirement)

It might be better for Golden Sun if the stage doesn't have gimmicks anyway, then it could be used for tournament play and Golden Sun would get some extra attention.

Top Bottom