• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Double post for me, I'M SUPER SORRY! But I may know who the person they are Smashifying next. He has boots, Goku hair, and I actually have no idea if he's mute but I don't believe he is. This might be the man standing in front of our beloved Isaac being Smashified, I highly doubt Omni would pull something like this but maybe...

it might be Cloud Strife.

Alternately:

Still think they're just trolling because he's not silent in one game. Isaac better not be Omni's Ridley!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It is probably Isaac and we are just worrying.
Isaac is still the #1 most logical choice by far. That doesn't change the fact that its an obvious troll since Isaac is a silent protagonist in his first appearance. Conveniently, though, he also makes two more appearances where he's not a silient protagonist...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But Isaac isn't a silent protagonist.

Kinda.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
But Isaac isn't a silent protagonist.

Kinda.
I'm pretty sure he has said "..." before. :p

That's kind of sad that I can't remember. I've played the first two games over 100 times without exaggeration. I would have more, but the game is too long. What's weird is that I've only played Dark Dawn 3 times and I only lightly remember its plot.
My new years resolution was to learn how to speedrun Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age, but I never get along to it.

Also, could you add me to the supporters list? @ N3ON N3ON

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Seriously, the Smashified team doesn't know what the hell Smash is about, they might as well as change their art name to 3rd partyfied. I was hoping that it would be Isaac, so that we could have his model on a beautiful, high quality 3D render, but no.

I hope this is a troll. Also, the first character I remembered to wear boots and being non-silent was Lloyd Irving, but his hair doesn't look like Goku. I bet it is Matthew, because of this:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if they are even Smash Bros. fans. Just tell us pojnt-blank if it's Isaac or not.

Anyway, one of the things I bought with my spoils of selling some of my old games came this weekend with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I've actually had a lot of fun with this so far, especially with all of the movie references like "Vertigo" and "Poltergeist" being involved. There's a strange satisfaction in parting ways with a game you didn't like for something you actually were going to enjoy.

Back to Smash Bros... one discussion was about datamining 1.0.9 when it comes out, and the thing I noticed about Nintendo is that they leave a lot of data in these things, so I look forward to what comes out of it. As for August characters, I can at least think of one (Wolf) that is likely... we might get more, but I swear, the staff (or what's left of it) seems to be humming along a lot more effeciently for DLC than the main game, so I won't be surprised if we actually manage to get more than 10 characters so far come next April (April being when DLC started this year). And, for Isaac, he might be one of those coming in a few months, especially given how the stage they'll use will likely be a basic one without a lot of hazards and is symmetrical (Venus Lighthouse).

Calane

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if they are even Smash Bros. fans. Just tell us pojnt-blank if it's Isaac or not.

Anyway, one of the things I bought with my spoils of selling some of my old games came this weekend with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I've actually had a lot of fun with this so far, especially with all of the movie references like "Vertigo" and "Poltergeist" being involved. There's a strange satisfaction in parting ways with a game you didn't like for something you actually were going to enjoy.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is like my 3rd/2nd favorite 3DS game. It's just so much fun and has so much personality, it's hard not to love it. The Luigi's Mansion games are some of my favorite games ever, so it makes me happy to see other people start playing them.

As for the "Smashified" guys, I'm not sure if it's that they're not big Smash Bros. fans or that they just don't like Isaac. Maybe neither, but if it's not Isaac this time, I'm sure something's going on.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Yeah, I knew saying better music was going to be the most debatable one. While the original has probably the best song in the series (Saturos battle theme), my honest opinion believes that TLA has better music as a whole with themes like the Doom Dragon battle theme, the Felix battle theme (better than Isaac's in my opinion), the Garoh theme, the Lemuria theme, and the Mars lighthouse theme, just to name a few at the top of my head.
I LOVE SATUROS BATTLE THEME!!!!:love:

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
When is it supposed to be posted again?
Because the only character I could think of sharing the entire Goku Hair and Boots thing was Crono... who's mute the ENTIRE GAME.
He does speak to Marle and Luca at the end of the one of the endings.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is like my 3rd/2nd favorite 3DS game. It's just so much fun and has so much personality, it's hard not to love it. The Luigi's Mansion games are some of my favorite games ever, so it makes me happy to see other people start playing them.

As for the "Smashified" guys, I'm not sure if it's that they're not big Smash Bros. fans or that they just don't like Isaac. Maybe neither, but if it's not Isaac this time, I'm sure something's going on.
Everything lines up perfectly to it being Isaac (except this; it can still work, but he is a silent protagonist in one game). It had better damn well be Isaac this time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hate to continue this off-topicness but the game seemed pretty solid to me from what I've played. The problem is the saving system. I got caught in a longer mission and got so tired I didn't feel like playing anymore. I couldn't save it due to the game's awful saving system, and I haven't played the game since because I don't want to go through all of that again. =(

Why do they put these awful saving systems in games?

Golden Sun had the right idea. lol.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well since Golden Sun 1 + 2 are often considered as a single game, as they were meant to be, Isaac is still not a silent protagonist. He is a somewhat silent protagonist in GS1 who goes !!!, but he is a very talkative deuteragonist in Golden Sun 2 ^^

Out of the old party in GS2, he is definitely the one that talks the most :p

Not really a spoiler:

And about GS1 and GS2 comparison, GS2 adds a lot to the plate with all new summons, more djinns and hence more classes, more puzzles but it does also add some dungeons which may seem boring to quite a few people. Like Air's Rock or Kibombo.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Well since Golden Sun 1 + 2 are often considered as a single game, as they were meant to be, Isaac is still not a silent protagonist. He is a somewhat silent protagonist in GS1 who goes !!!, but he is a very talkative deuteragonist in Golden Sun 2 ^^

Out of the old party in GS2, he is definitely the one that talks the most :p

Not really a spoiler:

And about GS1 and GS2 comparison, GS2 adds a lot to the plate with all new summons, more djinns and hence more classes, more puzzles but it does also add some dungeons which may seem boring to quite a few people. Like Air's Rock or Kibombo.
"If you're not here to help my friend, then get out of my way, so I can do it myself!" - Isaac, 2003.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I'd die from hype if we got a tournament legal Golden Sun stage. I'd counter-pick it 24/7, even if it's Isaac's worst stage to play on.
As much as I would like just a Golden Sun stage in general, I'd say chances are not the best as there are already two soundtracks that are in the game, but that shouldn't be a complete rule-out though. Street Fighter got one, so I don't see why not.
The irony if Venus Lighthouse would be his worst stage.
And Im sure a GS stage is happening. Every series in Smash 4 has at least one stage, even Street Fighter, which was added later.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The irony if Venus Lighthouse would be his worst stage.
And Im sure a GS stage is happening. Every series in Smash 4 has at least one stage, even Street Fighter, which was added later.
You mean, you're sure a GS stage would happen if Isaac is added, right? (Which I agree with.)

Dr. Mario isn't even marked as his own franchise, and R.O.B. is a toy, not a game franchise. (There were games that used R.O.B. I suppose.)

Burruni

Smash Hero
You mean, you're sure a GS stage would happen if Isaac is added, right? (Which I agree with.)

Dr. Mario isn't even marked as his own franchise, and R.O.B. is a toy, not a game franchise. (There were games that used R.O.B. I suppose.)
Dr. Mario was supposed to have his own stage and R.O.B. has a unique series emblem. That's enough for me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dr. Mario was supposed to have his own stage and R.O.B. has a unique series emblem. That's enough for me.
The problem is that, were R.O.B. to get a stage from a game only playable with R.O.B... the stage would probably be its own thing and get its own emblem anyway because its not DIRECTLY related to R.O.B.

And doesn't the fact that Dr. Mario almost getting his own stage simply prove the point you're trying to counter? A Dr. Mario stage was planned, which leaves only R.O.B. after that, and R.O.B. isn't a game franchise to begin with.

Mii Fighters, for example, use the Smash emblem. But there are other Mii-related stages in the game... all of which use their OWN emblems.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The problem is that, were R.O.B. to get a stage from a game only playable with R.O.B... the stage would probably be its own thing and get its own emblem anyway because its not DIRECTLY related to R.O.B.

And doesn't the fact that Dr. Mario almost getting his own stage simply prove the point you're trying to counter? A Dr. Mario stage was planned, which leaves only R.O.B. after that, and R.O.B. isn't a game franchise to begin with.

Mii Fighters, for example, use the Smash emblem. But there are other Mii-related stages in the game... all of which use their OWN emblems.
A) There are two games that R.O.B. was playable for. I know the emblem is the whole SSE thing that's a lop-sided gyro.
B) Planned but is not present.
C) Mii stages and the mii fighters being "Smash" fighters could be tossed then for Battlefield (Big and normal) and FD.

To the line "Every series in Smash 4 has at least one stage."
Dr. Mario and R.O.B. are the two exceptions if we refer to playable characters. They do not currently have stages.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, Gyromite and Stack-Up are most definitely R.O.B series games. According to Smash anyways...

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
*sigh* Now I even see people doubting Isaac has good chances, saying that him not being an AT anymore doesn't mean anything, because other ATs were removed as well, and that we're just a loud minority.

Still, no one has any explanation on why these ATs were removed, and all polls show that Isaac has an excellent place.
What's really the importance of the so called "silent majority" I keep hearing about?

When will this exhausting quest end? I feel like the whole damn Smash community wants to see us miserable, sometimes. :urg:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*sigh* Now I even see people doubting Isaac has good chances, saying that him not being an AT anymore doesn't mean anything, because other ATs were removed as well, and that we're just a loud minority.

Still, no one has any explanation on why these ATs were removed, and all polls show that Isaac has an excellent place.
What's really the importance of the so called "silent majority" I keep hearing about?

When will this exhausting quest end? I feel like the whole damn Smash community wants to see us miserable, sometimes. :urg:
It's ironic that people call us the "Loud Minority" when in all truth, we have been a relatively quiet majority since pre-Brawl days.

The Ballot will explain enough, though. I have the upmost confidence he will be a Ballot character.

Edit: if this person is calling we Isaac fans in the Smash fanbase a loud minority, he needs to review his facts.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
It's ironic that people call us the "Loud Minority" when in all truth, we have been a relatively quiet majority since pre-Brawl days.

The Ballot will explain enough, though. I have the upmost confidence he will be a Ballot character.

Edit: if this person is calling we Isaac fans in the Smash fanbase a loud minority, he needs to review his facts.
Well, in all honesty I am loud, but it's not the case of everyone in our fanbase like you said. Though I believe we should be loud, whether we're a minority or not. After all if we're quiet and a minority, we'll get nothing.

I'd really like to have your thoughts on my theory about the "silent majority" and its weight on the Ballot:

The games sales for Smash 4 are estimated at 11M units (in March). But there's not 11M players: Some people bought both versions.
On what's left (the number is impossible to estimate as far as I know), there's basically two categories of players:
The "casuals" and the hardcore players. We can logically assume the hardcore audience is well aware of who we consider are the most logical choices in the Ballot. This category (us) is most probably the one answering the polls where Isaac does good next to K. Rool.

To give a scale, if we were really 10M players, a poll of 10.000 answers would represent 1/1000 of the community.

Then, there's the "casual" audience, which is a big mass of unknown, and makes a big part of the "silent majority".
Here's my assumptions on them: I suppose the casual audience is less informed, so a good part of their votes are going to be spread among a large number of characters, including ones who didn't have a chance at all (whether they do it seriously or as a joke). Let's put Goku as an example.
We can even argue that a rather large part of the casual players don't know or don't care about the Ballot.

A part of them, though, will without a doubt try to vote for "realistic" characters. The influence of our campaign could have an influence on this part of the players. Maybe not a huge one, but still.

What comes next is the assumption that Sakurai and his team already have a list of characters they're willing to make. The Ballot's utility is to show them which ones from this list are the most requested ones, and also to gather data for the inevitable next game(s) as well, for which they must keep some characters too.
All the "votes" (we should call them suggestions) for characters out of this list would then be pretty much useless.

The question, then, is: Are the polls near of the truth? We'll most probably never have an actual answer to that question, but what are your feelings about that?

And to think there's still three months before the end of the Ballot... I'm not sure how I'll handle the wait.
On a positive note, at least we're now pretty sure they're going to produce more than one character from the Ballot...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, in all honesty I am loud, but it's not the case of everyone in our fanbase like you said. Though I believe we should be loud, whether we're a minority or not. After all if we're quiet and a minority, we'll get nothing.

I'd really like to have your thoughts on my theory about the "silent majority" and its weight on the Ballot:

The games sales for Smash 4 are estimated at 11M units (in March). But there's not 11M players: Some people bought both versions.
On what's left (the number is impossible to estimate as far as I know), there's basically two categories of players:
The "casuals" and the hardcore players. We can logically assume the hardcore audience is well aware of who we consider are the most logical choices in the Ballot. This category (us) is most probably the one answering the polls where Isaac does good next to K. Rool.

To give a scale, if we were really 10M players, a poll of 10.000 answers would represent 1/1000 of the community.

Then, there's the "casual" audience, which is a big mass of unknown, and makes a big part of the "silent majority".
Here's my assumptions on them: I suppose the casual audience is less informed, so a good part of their votes are going to be spread among a large number of characters, including ones who didn't have a chance at all (whether they do it seriously or as a joke). Let's put Goku as an example.
We can even argue that a rather large part of the casual players don't know or don't care about the Ballot.

A part of them, though, will without a doubt try to vote for "realistic" characters. The influence of our campaign could have an influence on this part of the players. Maybe not a huge one, but still.

What comes next is the assumption that Sakurai and his team already have a list of characters they're willing to make. The Ballot's utility is to show them which ones from this list are the most requested ones, and also to gather data for the inevitable next game(s) as well, for which they must keep some characters too.
All the "votes" (we should call them suggestions) for characters out of this list would then be pretty much useless.

The question, then, is: Are the polls near of the truth? We'll most probably never have an actual answer to that question, but what are your feelings about that?

And to think there's still three months before the end of the Ballot... I'm not sure how I'll handle the wait.
On a positive note, at least we're now pretty sure they're going to produce more than one character from the Ballot...
Something to consider: look at how Sakurai said "fan-service" in his recent interview with regard to the ballot, then look at wherever he's talked about "fans" or "what fans want" or "listening to the fans" in the past. I think you'll see that the online community is more often than not what he's referring to. That's not to say he listens all the time, but he's at least aware that fans wanted Sonic, fans wanted Wario, fans wanted Mega Man and all the cut veterans, etc.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
When Isaac makes it into Smash, I wonder who is voice actor would be. I wonder what the man's tone would be. I'm curious if he would say anything, or just grunt.

Also, I just thought about how cool it would be to have Dijin trophy with all four of them on it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it just me or is ArtsyOmni trying too hard to play Sakurai, now even with the supposed trolling? :p

Seriously though, I can't think of anyone notable enough who satisfies all the criteria.

:231:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
We did know KH3 was coming, and wasn't he meant to be last week but pushed back because Shantae was better... This is incredibly disappointing.

I almost feel Omni's trying to avoid characters he thinks are likely, possibly with the exception of K.Rool but let's be fair he's the most requested character so you can't really avoid him... Still would like to see Isaac Smashified now just so we have a comparison when the official render comes out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Double post for me, I'M SUPER SORRY! But I may know who the person they are Smashifying next. He has boots, Goku hair, and I actually have no idea if he's mute but I don't believe he is. This might be the man standing in front of our beloved Isaac being Smashified, I highly doubt Omni would pull something like this but maybe...

it might be Cloud Strife.

This would be THE BIGGEST TROLL MOVE ever...

Top Bottom