• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'll do Isaac next, they will have to redraw him from scratch.
unless they use shulk or FE/KI characters as their base character design is very unlikely, Isaac has never had a high poly 3D model

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't think they'll do Isaac next, they will have to redraw him from scratch.
unless they use shulk or FE/KI characters as their base character design is very unlikely, Isaac has never had a high poly 3D model
There was an Isaac file in the Travis video that shows they were working on him for a long time. Unless that's just there to troll us.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
...I wouldn't mind Sora being the next Smashified :p He's also another character I really want anyway.

There was an Isaac file in the Travis video that shows they were working on him for a long time. Unless that's just there to troll us.
Im beginning to think Massive Hiro Soccer Guy is part of this. Too much trolling.

In other words, started up FF4 again. Forgot this old man was there and decided to rename him something more fitting
Kraden.PNG

Calane

Smash Ace
So...it's not going to be Isaac? Again? ...Well, dang it. I'm convinced that the "Smashified" guys have something against Isaac. Sure, I like Sora, but I wanted to see Isaac much more.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I'm not gonna lose sleep over Isaac not being Smashified, but in all honesty, Isaac deserves it the most.

D

Deleted member

I dunno... Sora's one of those guys that casuals love, but will be likely violently rejected amongst hardcore fans. My issues with him (and this is regarding his liklihood of being a DLC fighter and not 3rdPartyArts) is that he's a third-party character that hangs out with Disney IPs. But anybody who wants Geno and hopes Nintendo asks SquareEnix for him will likely see Square suggesting either Sora or Cloud Strife, both are terrible choices, especially since Cloud was featured in the first game Squaresoft made after ditching Nintendo for Sony and the PlayStation, and no version of FF VII has ever been on a Nintendo console. As much as I made arguments against a Ryu over on the Rayman support thread, at least Ryu makes some sense since he appeared on quite a few Nintendo consoles (though there was a long gap between the SNES games and Street Fighter IV as a 3DS launch title).

Sorry for not discussing Isaac, but we kinda need to let our opinions about certain things be discussed while talking about Isaac.

EDIT: Also just looked at the DLC for August, and from what I've read, those stages are Wii U only... certainly the 3DS won't be shortchanged in the DLC department, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dunno... Sora's one of those guys that casuals love, but will be likely violently rejected amongst hardcore fans. My issues with him (and this is regarding his liklihood of being a DLC fighter and not 3rdPartyArts) is that he's a third-party character that hangs out with Disney IPs. But anybody who wants Geno and hopes Nintendo asks SquareEnix for him will likely see Square suggesting either Sora or Cloud Strife, both are terrible choices, especially since Cloud was featured in the first game Squaresoft made after ditching Nintendo for Sony and the PlayStation, and no version of FF VII has ever been on a Nintendo console. As much as I made arguments against a Ryu over on the Rayman support thread, at least Ryu makes some sense since he appeared on quite a few Nintendo consoles (though there was a long gap between the SNES games and Street Fighter IV as a 3DS launch title).

Sorry for not discussing Isaac, but we kinda need to let our opinions about certain things be discussed while talking about Isaac.

EDIT: Also just looked at the DLC for August, and from what I've read, those stages are Wii U only... certainly the 3DS won't be shortchanged in the DLC department, hopefully.
I don't think any DLC stages will be Wii U only.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I sure hope not.
I don't think we'll have any 3DS only either. It does seem to me that they're trying to make all DLC work on both versions. That's also why if we get a GS stage, it'll probably be a simpler stage overall. Both prospective GS stages--Venus Lighthouse and Elemental Stars Chamber--would work just fine for that. I still like the idea of allowing Venus Lighthouse to be a larger stage that encompasses three floors, but it probably won't happen and if we're to get it, it'll just be the roof. Which is fine as is. I wouldn't mind, though, if maybe its just "Lighthouse" and you get teleported between each lighthouse at certain intervals. That'd be cool (but unlikely).

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I wanna see a stage named "Golden Sun," which is like Isle Delfino in that it takes you on a tour of the 4 lighthouses and the luna tower and apollo lens
Takes too much potential future stages for only one, imo. Just the 4 lighthouses would already be something.
I personally prefer stages that focus on one place, because the loop is more disturbing than anything.

Just my two cents, though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Takes too much potential future stages for only one, imo. Just the 4 lighthouses would already be something.
I personally prefer stages that focus on one place, because the loop is more disturbing than anything.

Just my two cents, though.
I'm thinking of the lighthouses simply because the roofs are pretty much identical. It'd basically be like Kalos Pokemon League.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
They could do the 4 lighthouses similar to how the Pokemon League stage works. That way all they would have to do is change the background some layouts of platforms and add music. I would prefer this method while I like how Castle Seige works from time to time I'm still not really impressed with its Transitions. this is just me though.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Maybe you could have the lighthouse (which ever one) lit partway through your match and it could change the stage in some way, like splitting it down the middle. Just an idea.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"Goku Hair"
"Boots."
"Not a silent protagonist"

And pretty sure they said "Based off of an existing 3d model."
I always thought Isaac's hair looked like Gohan's from when he fought Cell. Same with Cloud Strife (before his hair changed in AC and all those sequel stuff).

I think all 3 of those characters go to the same barber.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"Goku Hair"
"Boots."
"Not a silent protagonist"

And pretty sure they said "Based off of an existing 3d model."
Not to mention the person doing it did Travis where Isaac was leaked, and the person doing the music did a GS remix hoping ArtsyOmni would Smashify Isaac.

If it is based off of an existing 3D model, that can go in multiple ways. Dark Dawn does use 3D models, but Isaac also has a 3D model in Brawl for his Assist Trophy.

I still think Isaac is by far the most likely choice despite the "silent protagonist" comment.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

The issue isn't that Sora hangs out with Disney IPs, or that he's third party. It's that only four of his games (one of which was a remake of a cell phone game) have been on Nintendo consoles. The main series never touched Nintendo consoles, even with the remixes.

If you're going to choose a Square property, at least choose one with a strong association with Nintendo. Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, Bravely Default, Super Mario RPG...

Burruni

Smash Hero
The issue isn't that Sora hangs out with Disney IPs, or that he's third party. It's that only four of his games (one of which was a remake of a cell phone game) have been on Nintendo consoles. The main series never touched Nintendo consoles, even with the remixes.

If you're going to choose a Square property, at least choose one with a strong association with Nintendo. Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, Bravely Default, Super Mario RPG...
Final Fantasy 1-6 & most of the spin-offs.
Black Mage 4 Smash.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
20 games on Nintendo consoles. #Bub4Smash
Bub?

How about Harvest Moon? 20 games on Nintendo consoles, plus the spin-offs like Rune Factory, and now Natsume's own Harvest Moon, also on Nintendo platforms.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ugh, I have to double post sorry again! I looked at Smashified's twitter and the character is a protagonist who is known to talk. Isaac does talk but we mostly associate him as a silent character. Why, Smashified, why are you giving us someone who isn't Isaac after all the teasing.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Ugh, I have to double post sorry again! I looked at Smashified's twitter and the character is a protagonist who is known to talk. Isaac does talk but we mostly associate him as a silent character. Why, Smashified, why are you giving us someone who isn't Isaac after all the teasing.
You're late on this, we've been talking about that last clue yesterday. :p

There's still hope that it's a troll move, that there's a "loophole" and it's in fact Isaac.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You're late on this, we've been talking about that last clue yesterday. :p

There's still hope that it's a troll move, that there's a "loophole" and it's in fact Isaac.
No, its not that. Its the fact that the character is known to talk. Not that they do talk, its that they are known to do it. As in they talk a lot. At least that's my guess.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
No, its not that. Its the fact that the character is known to talk. Not that they do talk, its that they are known to do it. As in they talk a lot. At least that's my guess.
The direct quote:
Smashified ‏@smashified Jun 28
Another hint towards the next #Smashified? This character isn't a silent protagonist.

That does not state "the character is known to talk". But rather "the character is not silent". There have been no further clues via Twitter since.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think it has to be Isaac. Simply the original tweet where they explained it gives everything away we need to know. This tweet was a troll move to make people think its NOT Isaac because the original tweet gave it away right then and there.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Top Bottom