• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I had the idea that Jenna and Ivan were living in Bilibin or Kalay (You know, 2 places in the game that you never visit).
Well.
It'd be less confusing.
If at the conclusion of Dark Dawn you were heading there, y'know, to get the feather to Ivan so he can repair the Soarwing
INSTEAD OF BACK TO ISAAC & GARET'S HOBO SHACK OUTSIDE OF THE CRATER FORMERLY KNOWN AS VALE

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well.
It'd be less confusing.
If at the conclusion of Dark Dawn you were heading there, y'know, to get the feather to Ivan so he can repair the Soarwing
INSTEAD OF BACK TO ISAAC & GARET'S HOBO SHACK OUTSIDE OF THE CRATER FORMERLY KNOWN AS VALE
But they had to go back to the Hobo Shack because plot reasons.
Plot reasons of A GIANT BLACK HOLE OUTSIDE THEIR HOUSE THAT WE MAY NEVER KNOW MORE ABOUT.

Burruni

Smash Hero
But they had to go back to the Hobo Shack because plot reasons.
Plot reasons of A GIANT BLACK HOLE OUTSIDE THEIR HOUSE THAT WE MAY NEVER KNOW MORE ABOUT.
BUT WHY ARE THEY HEADING THERE
INSTEAD OF TO IVAN
THE POINT OF GETTING THE FEATHER WAS SO IVAN CAN REPAIR THE GLIDER THAT TYRELL CRASHED

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
BUT WHY ARE THEY HEADING THERE
INSTEAD OF TO IVAN
THE POINT OF GETTING THE FEATHER WAS SO IVAN CAN REPAIR THE GLIDER THAT TYRELL CRASHED
And where is said glider? At the Overlook Hut.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't find him.
I found that out, stuck at the Ankohl ruins, no clue what to do
Ankhol can be mega-confusing. All you need is Sand, just try to think outside the box.
Moloch is in either Izumo or Madra ruins, you could have gotten either by now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ankhol can be mega-confusing. All you need is Sand, just try to think outside the box.
Moloch is in either Izumo or Madra ruins, you could have gotten either by now.
I can live without every summon, especially as I've got the 2 Mars 2 Mercury thingy and unlike GS1, I HAVE 4 DJINN EACH! However, I don't know how to get to Lemuria...That children's song was the hint, wasn't it?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I can live without every summon, especially as I've got the 2 Mars 2 Mercury thingy and unlike GS1, I HAVE 4 DJINN EACH! However, I don't know how to get to Lemuria...That children's song was the hint, wasn't it?
Basically, you have to use that general path to force your way trough the whirlpools until you get to a little rock spire that you circle around until a stream gets cut off and then you rush to the other side of it.
^ > ^ < v < ^ I think is how it basically goes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Basically, you have to use that general path to force your way trough the whirlpools until you get to a little rock spire that you circle around until a stream gets cut off and then you rush to the other side of it.
^ > ^ < v < ^ I think is how it basically goes
I've gotten to the otherside. Getting out the whirlpool's a different story, time to try again

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know, this could be more significant than we think. It makes it less likely that Sakurai will be basing his choices on what's relevant and more on just what the fans are voting for.

So as long as Isaac gets enough votes to make an impression we could be in a good position.
Exactly. We better keep the votes coming from those who haven't put them yet, alongside trying to promote Isaac's further for those who have heard about him.

It might sound weird because we might have a feeling that Golden Sun has quite a huge fanbase already, but we don't know how far the word has kept reaching overall to all of the fanbase, alongside Isaac's fanbase being not that big in Japan IIRC.

In anycase, we better push as much as we can, as this is our only chance in a lifetime to get Golden Sun noted as part of Nintendo's RPG history (especially alongside Pokemon and Mother)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Exactly. We better keep the votes coming from those who haven't put them yet, alongside trying to promote Isaac's further for those who have heard about him.

It might sound weird because we might have a feeling that Golden Sun has quite a huge fanbase already, but we don't know how far the word has kept reaching overall to all of the fanbase, alongside Isaac's fanbase being not that big in Japan IIRC.

In anycase, we better push as much as we can, as this is our only chance in a lifetime to get Golden Sun noted as part of Nintendo's RPG history (especially alongside Pokemon and Mother)
I find it strange that Isaac isn't that popular in Japan considering his game is a JRPG and is a good JRPG. Japan is strange.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I find it strange that Isaac isn't that popular in Japan considering his game is a JRPG and is a good JRPG. Japan is strange.
It's because he's not nearly as recent as most big characters they support or as major as the other "old" characters they support like K. Rool, Ray, or Goemon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well first of all he still has decent popularity in Smash circles... I mean he's in the top 10 for newcomers iirc.

But second he used to be more popular around GS1 and 2. He's decreased a bit since then but nothing as drastic as people were making it out to be. DD also wasn't anything spectacular so it got washed away in the sea of JRPGs that is Japan. I suppose it's understandable even if unfortunate.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Since the "fan-service" statement coming from Sakurai, Reddit tends to think Isaac's chances are even better now.
I'm a little bit surprised, but pleased, and I hope the people there are right.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
According to the Famitsu article recently posted on the home page, Sakurai said they can only add "several" more characters. I'm guessing that means maybe four or five at the most. Since it seems the more popular charcters will have priority, I fancy Isaac has even better chances now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since the "fan-service" statement coming from Sakurai, Reddit tends to think Isaac's chances are even better now.
I'm a little bit surprised, but pleased, and I hope the people there are right.
It certainly doesn't hurt! :D

Let's just hope this fan service isn't restricted to Japan.
If the rest of Smash 4's roster is anything to go by, it seems like they're definitely taking the other regions into account more than in the past, which bodes well for Isaac!

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
I want Isaac or any golden sun rep. We have our competition though seeing as I see Isaac barely hanging on to top 3-5. His chances are looking good but this is stressful. When do you guys think we will hear more?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I want Isaac or any golden sun rep. We have our competition though seeing as I see Isaac barely hanging on to top 3-5. His chances are looking good but this is stressful. When do you guys think we will hear more?
It matters a lot less what we see now compared to the first couple weeks of the ballot when the influx of votes happened. In that time Isaac really shot up in popularity.

Plus a lot of the top ranking characters are ones like Banjo and Shovel Knight which could very easily get passed over.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Though the tops you're talking about include 3rd party characters, right?
I still think we're not going to see any more 3rd parties in Smash 4, that would really be too much after Ryu and the other Mii costumes (If I'm wrong, I'll lose interest in Smash).
I think they're just gathering data on who to include as new 3rd party character for the next Smash.
We could see Banjo in Smash 5, imo.

So if we take only Nintendo newcomers into account (hopefully Wolf isn't included in Ballot characters if he comes back), Isaac is a strong 2nd place. And he's most likely more "prepared" than K. Rool, since his AT isn't here anymore and Sakurai knows some of his features.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Plus the free Tournaments update.

Not to mention the inevitable wave of new Mii costume DLC.
Well.
I forgot about Tournament mode.
I was just citing some of what is going to be there.

Though the tops you're talking about include 3rd party characters, right?
I still think we're not going to see any more 3rd parties in Smash 4, that would really be too much after Ryu and the other Mii costumes (If I'm wrong, I'll lose interest in Smash).
I think they're just gathering data on who to include as new 3rd party character for the next Smash.
We could see Banjo in Smash 5, imo.

So if we take only Nintendo newcomers into account (hopefully Wolf isn't included in Ballot characters if he comes back), Isaac is a strong 2nd place. And he's most likely more "prepared" than K. Rool, since his AT isn't here anymore and Sakurai knows some of his features.
I wouldn't hold my breath for Banjo UNLESS he gets a release on Nintendo between Smash 4 and 5.

Because his last time to to be seen on a Nintendo console (or anything other than an Xbox system) was the GBA, and he's currently owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo.
That's me, though.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I wouldn't hold my breath for Banjo UNLESS he gets a release on Nintendo between Smash 4 and 5.

Because his last time to to be seen on a Nintendo console (or anything other than an Xbox system) was the GBA, and he's currently owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo.
That's me, though.
That's a good point. Right now there's Rare Replay featuring Banjo games (Which was a thing when Phil Spencer answered his unfamous tweet about Banjo in Smash). Imo that hurts his chances even more, but hey, maybe Microsoft is willing to use him again. Though I hardly see them releasing a game on a Nintendo console. Honestly I'm not a fan of the character, but I can feel for his fans wanting to see him return. After all we're somehow in the same position with Golden Sun.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's a good point. Right now there's Rare Replay featuring Banjo games (Which was a thing when Phil Spencer answered his unfamous tweet about Banjo in Smash). Imo that hurts his chances even more, but hey, maybe Microsoft is willing to use him again. Though I hardly see them releasing a game on a Nintendo console. Honestly I'm not a fan of the character, but I can feel for his fans wanting to see him return. After all we're somehow in the same position with Golden Sun.
I'm a huge fan of the N64 Banjo-Kazooie games.
But they're not remotely likely to get into Smash anytime soon.
It's really the only case we have of an ex-Nintendo series being now exclusive to a rival company, with the closest case being Final Fantasy who still gives remakes and PLENTY of spin-offs to Nintendo (and is still owned by a 3rd Party company, not direct competitor)
Once again, my opinion.
Black Mage for Smash 5.
Yada yada yada

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It's really the only case we have of an ex-Nintendo series being now exclusive to a rival company, with the closest case being Final Fantasy who still gives remakes and PLENTY of spin-offs to Nintendo (and is still owned by a 3rd Party company, not direct competitor)
Once again, my opinion.
#BubforSmash5.
Yada yada yada
Fixed it Burruni. You should check your spelling more.:laugh:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I know
I know this is a really stupid thing.
But there's one REALLY good joke Camelot overlooked for Dark Dawn.
When Sveta goes beastmode, the dialogue is "Sveta embraced the inner beast."
Since you changed crits to unleashes, WHY would you not have it be "Sveta let out a howl!"

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
Once again, my opinion.
Black Mage for Smash 5.
Yada yada yada
Okay, I'm going to level with you; I thought the same thing about Ryu. I said it before and I'll say it now, I was wrong and Ryu did make it in. Unfortunately/fortunately this means we can't count Banjo out. However I do believe that Isaac's chances are better now than they have ever been, even for Melee. Couple that with a possible (though pretty unlikely (we haven't even gotten TLA yet geez)) release of DD on the eShop...
IDK guys, I'm really feeling a GS4 announcement soon.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Okay, I'm going to level with you; I thought the same thing about Ryu. I said it before and I'll say it now, I was wrong and Ryu did make it in. Unfortunately/fortunately this means we can't count Banjo out. However I do believe that Isaac's chances are better now than they have ever been, even for Melee. Couple that with a possible (though pretty unlikely (we haven't even gotten TLA yet geez)) release of DD on the eShop...
IDK guys, I'm really feeling a GS4 announcement soon.
Golden Sun came out mere months before Melee, the single most rushed game in Smash history.
If ANYONE from the Gamecube had hopes for Melee, it would have been :olimar:.

That said, I think Isaac is highly likely for DLC this time around.

And there are two big differences between Banjo & Ryu.

Raw iconicism & Legacy on LEAGUES of difference.

CAPCOM & STREET FIGHTER AREN'T EXCLUSIVE TO SONY. Their upcoming game will be, but we also got STREET FIGHTER 4 3DS.

Did Ryu come out of nowhere? Hell Yeah. Did he have credentials we overlooked due to Sakurai saying he wasn't that interested in fighting game characters and thinking he had no chance because Capcom had a character in? Hell yeah.

Is Golden Sun more popular in Japan or in the West?
The games, currently, have LASTED more in popularity in the west.

I think it may have always been more popular in the west.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The games, currently, have LASTED more in popularity in the west.

I think it may have always been more popular in the west.
Its debateable whether its always been more popular in the west, but its definitely true GS was far more popular in Japan pre-Brawl. Plus, the sales of the first two games were far better in the west than in Japan (granted, they weren't horrible in Japan). This is also the problem with Dark Dawn's sales numbers; we've only got numbers for Japan, and don't know accurate numbers for anywhere else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom