• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I know right?

Aside from seeing an HD stage based on Golden Sun, one of the cool aspects of having Isaac playable is all the wonderful music they can borrow from Golden Sun 1+2.

And hey, they at least bothered to remix a theme from GS in Brawl, so they consider the franchise good enough for that, at least.
One of my main points. For them not to use Golden Sun music would be such a waste. Honestly to me it rivals Final Fantasy as some of the best RPG themes.

Plus hearing it with updated sounds was amazing. God I want a GS4 3DS.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
As long as there is a GS rep, I'm happy. Whether it is Isaac, Felix, or Matthew I could care less but we need some Adepts up in this game.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
As long as there is a GS rep, I'm happy. Whether it is Isaac, Felix, or Matthew I could care less but we need some Adepts up in this game.
Yeah, I feel the same way. But I'd prefer Isaac, but I won't complain at all if any of them.

Unless its Sheba.

>_<

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I agree, Isaac > Felix > Matthew are my choices for best GS representatives. I'd be happy with just one of them, but especially Isaac... and secondly, Felix whom I also like.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sure, you can interpret it weirdly. Or you can interpret it as guilt over kidnapping a young girl and dragging her to all of these dangerous places.

I don't get the Sheba hate. She's cool.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Sure, you can interpret it weirdly. Or you can interpret it as guilt over kidnapping a young girl and dragging her to all of these dangerous places.

I don't get the Sheba hate. She's cool.
It was just a joke. I understand and love all 3 games. GS is the only series in which I've played through and beaten every game, like everyone else here. :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly I'd say Isaac and Matthew are the only plausible options. At this point I don't see how Felix could or would make it in over either.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'd say Isaac and Matthew are the only plausible options. At this point I don't see how Felix could or would make it in over either.
True. How good of chances do you all think GS has of being represented? I feel it's one of the last few IPs that isn't covered in the roster.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
True. How good of chances do you all think GS has of being represented? I feel it's one of the last few IPs that isn't covered in the roster.
I think the chances of getting a GS character are decent, but not superb. Sakurai still basing some inclusions off Brawl popularity is a very good start, as is Sakurai's habit of taking from the largest remaining unrepresented series, but as there are still several ahead of GS (like Mii and Punch-Out, not to mention a new retro and perhaps Pac-Man along with the three we've already received) it's pretty up in the air. I think it all depends on how much Sakurai is going to stress unrepresented series this time around, which might be a little greater than usual considering the existing series don't have as many clear omissions as they did in previous games, but it's hardly a sure thing.

Though if Sakurai really is basing things on moveset potential and diversity more than he might've in the past, mixed with a focus on new series and Brawl popularity, things could work in Isaac's favour, though I'd say it would be a case of the stars aligning to an extent; Sakurai has to be in the right mindset to include him, it's not like he's an unquestionable likelihood.

(I think chances are heavily in Isaac's favour when compared to Matthew)

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I think the chances of getting a GS character are decent, but not superb. Sakurai still basing some inclusions off Brawl popularity is a very good start, as is Sakurai's habit of taking from the largest remaining unrepresented series, but as there are still several ahead of GS (like Mii and Punch-Out, not to mention a new retro and perhaps Pac-Man along with the three we've already received) it's pretty up in the air. I think it all depends on how much Sakurai is going to stress unrepresented series this time around, which might be a little greater than usual considering the existing series don't have as many clear omissions as they did in previous games, but it's hardly a sure thing.

Though if Sakurai really is basing things on moveset potential and diversity more than he might've in the past, mixed with a focus on new series and Brawl popularity, things could work in Isaac's favour, though I'd say it would be a case of the stars aligning to an extent; Sakurai has to be in the right mindset to include him, it's not like he's an unquestionable likelihood.

(I think chances are heavily in Isaac's favour when compared to Matthew)
Well put. I've been hoping sakurai looks at the old ATs for some character ideas, just to boost his chances.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Personally, i prefer the air Golden Sun GBA being represented rather than Dark Dawn, in fact i would be upset if we only get Dark Dawn representation.
We should actually get rid of the current icon used in the main post, it is the sun of Dark Dawn (D=).
I prefer something more similar to the design of the sun in the floor of Sol Sactum or a Venus Djinn:

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
It remains to be seen if the focus on handheld games in the 3DS version will extend to the roster, too. That could work in Golden Sun's favor, as it's definitely one of the highest-profile handheld series. At the very least, we should get a couple more trophies, stickers and music tracks than we did in Brawl.

I could imagine a situation where the starting characters differed between the Wii U and 3DS version. Isaac would be a starter on the 3DS version but unlockable on the Wii U version. Wii Fit Trainer would be the other way around.

I definitely agree with @ N3ON N3ON that the stars will have to align with Golden Sun for an adept to get on the roster. Here's hoping!

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I think that Isaac is my most wanted newcomer after Mewtwo. I just checked the poll from 2010 here : http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ssb4-poll-lounge-come-in-a-chat.324324/
and truth be told, I am a little afraid that Isaac won't make it. If you notice, his popularity is declining since 2010. He was the most wanted newcomer in 2010, and he has gone down to the tenth position.

I'm also afraid that he's only popular in the West, and he has no recent game to help him. Golden Sun was pretty decent, so it's not in his favor. He's also in competition with Shulk (even if they don't share any trait except the yellow hair) and project X could be in favor of Shulk.

Does anybody has arguments to convince me that he has still some chance ?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I think that Isaac is my most wanted newcomer after Mewtwo. I just checked the poll from 2010 here : http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ssb4-poll-lounge-come-in-a-chat.324324/
and truth be told, I am a little afraid that Isaac won't make it. If you notice, his popularity is declining since 2010. He was the most wanted newcomer in 2010, and he has gone down to the tenth position.

I'm also afraid that he's only popular in the West, and he has no recent game to help him. Golden Sun was pretty decent, so it's not in his favor. He's also in competition with Shulk (even if they don't share any trait except the yellow hair) and project X could be in favor of Shulk.

Recent game popularity isn't needed to help anyone's place in the game. Characters like Pit, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, I mean, they all didn't really have games coming out around Brawl's time.

Sakurai states that Super Smash Bros is a celebration of Nintendo's history. Issac in included in that history, as one of the most iconic characters from Nintendo's very FEW RPGs.

As I've stated, imo, Shulk isn't really a Nintendo character. Just because Nintendo published the game, doesn't mean he would fit into this game. I think people would be very upset if older/retro characters were passed up for someone like Shulk.

People don't look at Xenoblade and think Nintendo. If you mention Golden Sun, its more likely people would recognize it as a Nintendo game.

Plus, we're talking about a series, here. Golden Sun has been around for 12, 13 years? The series is deserving of a representation. Xenoblade is not.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
As I've stated, imo, Shulk isn't really a Nintendo character. Just because Nintendo published the game, doesn't mean he would fit into this game. I think people would be very upset if older/retro characters were passed up for someone like Shulk.

People don't look at Xenoblade and think Nintendo. If you mention Golden Sun, its more likely people would recognize it as a Nintendo game.

Plus, we're talking about a series, here. Golden Sun has been around for 12, 13 years? The series is deserving of a representation. Xenoblade is not.
What kind of asinine statement is this? You do realize that saying that Xenoblade Chronicles has no relation to Nintendo is like saying Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, and Metorid has no relation to Nintendo? Hell, I can even go on a tangent saying that the game is far more intertwined with Nintendo considering it's actually developed by one of the company's subsidiaries instead of a independent partnered company.

Also, not fit in? Dude, Super Smash Bros. is the only series on this planet that got away with Solid Snake and Kirby on the same roster and make it fit. You might as well say that Marth and Link wouldn't fit in because heaven forbid we play with double standards here.

And finally, this is implying that is some imaginary criteria that age matters.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Think about it this way. SSB4 probably started pre-production soon around the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising, which was March 2012. The roster is one of the key determinations that need to be made before starting development, so it's safe to say that the roster was set way back in 2012.

That means Dark Dawn was less than two years old when the roster was set, so the series was still relatively recent at the time.

As far as Shulk goes, I doubt his chances. I don't think X helps him at all. Monolith Soft was busy developing Project X Zone in 2012, so who knows if X even existed as an idea at the time. He strikes me as perfect Assist Trophy material anyway. He has a single, moderately popular game under his belt. X will make him a contender for the theoretical next Smash, but SSB4 won't be his time to shine.

Even if Sakurai is secretly a huge Xenoblade fan, he could easily pass over Shulk like he did Saki in Brawl.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Actually, I feel Shulk has a reasonably good chance of making it in, anyways. I wouldn't be that surprised if he didn't make it in, but at the same time I would be even less surprised if he did.

Anyways, here's some accapella at ya!

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Recent game popularity isn't needed to help anyone's place in the game. Characters like Pit, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, I mean, they all didn't really have games coming out around Brawl's time.

Sakurai states that Super Smash Bros is a celebration of Nintendo's history. Issac in included in that history, as one of the most iconic characters from Nintendo's very FEW RPGs.

I'm thinking like you, that Smash Bros should represent the history of Nintendo. And indeed, Golden Sun was a great part of this history. But because of the relevancy, there is many others games that made this history and not represented yet : The legend of Stafy, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment... So what does Isaac have compared with Saki from S&P ? What I'm trying to say, is that the history argument is really good, but there is a lot of pretender based solely on that.

Also, you're right, Golden Sun is a 12 years old well-acclaimed series, not represented yet. But only really popular on the West, which is still scaring me. On the contrary, Xenoblade is well-received all around the world.

Think about it this way. SSB4 probably started pre-production soon around the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising, which was March 2012. The roster is one of the key determinations that need to be made before starting development, so it's safe to say that the roster was set way back in 2012.

That means Dark Dawn was less than two years old when the roster was set, so the series was still relatively recent at the time.

As far as Shulk goes, I doubt his chances. I don't think X helps him at all. Monolith Soft was busy developing Project X Zone in 2012, so who knows if X even existed as an idea at the time. He strikes me as perfect Assist Trophy material anyway. He has a single, moderately popular game under his belt. X will make him a contender for the theoretical next Smash, but SSB4 won't be his time to shine.

Even if Sakurai is secretly a huge Xenoblade fan, he could easily pass over Shulk like he did Saki in Brawl.
Now I'm feeling better ! Indeed, there is may be a chance that Golden Sun was still relevant at this time, and thus Isaac would have been certainly considered even if he didn't make it. Hopefully he made it !

In my opinion, Isaac would surely be here, if we had at least a new Golden Sun game announced on the 3DS or Wii U. But from what I read, no sequel is planned yet, and the developper don't have the intention : http://killstreakmedia.com/2013/04/26/will-there-be-a-golden-sun-4/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Please, it's posts like these that are fanning the flames of the stupid Isaac vs. Shulk rivalry here. Keep the Xenoblade hate to yourself.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

If Golden Sun had a sequel at the same level of the GBA games, i would be more confident about Isaac chances, though he does have the possibility to appear, i would complain about Dark Dawn of something more if he doents.

Im agree with something, and is that Golden Sun deserves to be representated. But saying that Xenoblade is not part of Nintendo is out of place, because he (Shulk) is a Nintendo character and because we dont want to start the flame war Isaac-Shulk again. In fact, the supporters of Minor characters, should team up and go against major characters like Ridley, King K. Rool and Rosalina (joke).
I'm thinking like you, that Smash Bros should represent the history of Nintendo. And indeed, Golden Sun was a great part of this history. But because of the relevancy, there is many others games that made this history and not represented yet : The legend of Stafy, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment... So what does Isaac have compared with Saki from S&P ? What I'm trying to say, is that the history argument is really good, but there is a lot of pretender based solely on that.
Personally with the exception of Punch-Out and Nintendo Wars, i dont think that there is another minor franchise at the level of Golden Sun, Stafy at the moment is almost exclusive of Japan, then Custom Robo that is a series that also shares something with Stafy, the horrible distribution and then Sin & Punishment that could be considered a minor inside the Minor group. But well, those are simply opinions.
Also, you're right, Golden Sun is a 12 years old well-acclaimed series, not represented yet. But only really popular on the West, which is still scaring me. On the contrary, Xenoblade is well-received all around the world.
I want to point something, although North America was the place in where Golden Sun had his best reception, it has a good reception also in both Europe and Japan. So yes, he is more popular in "The West" but that dont means that he is unpopular or Uknown in Japan. In fact if we compare Dark Dawn and Xenoblade sales in Japan they are stupidly close (inb4 someone says that comparing Golden Sun sales to Xenoblade sales is not fair). So basically Xenoblade reception seems to be similar in that aspect to Golden Sun, mainly localized in North America, but also considerable outside this.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well put. I've been hoping sakurai looks at the old ATs for some character ideas, just to boost his chances.
I'm sure some of the ATs were considered for playability last time around in early stages of production, and I'd be surprised if Isaac wasn't them. Not to say that will effect anything this time around, just that I'd suspect at one time or another Sakurai probably did entertain the notion considering Isaac's popularity and GS's standing pre-Brawl.

Personally, i prefer the air Golden Sun GBA being represented rather than Dark Dawn, in fact i would be upset if we only get Dark Dawn representation.
We should actually get rid of the current icon used in the main post, it is the sun of Dark Dawn (D=).
I prefer something more similar to the design of the sun in the floor of Sol Sactum or a Venus Djinn:
If you want to make it, feel free. DD isn't such a stain on the series that we can't even use an icon from it.

I could imagine a situation where the starting characters differed between the Wii U and 3DS version. Isaac would be a starter on the 3DS version but unlockable on the Wii U version. Wii Fit Trainer would be the other way around.
You know I've never thought about that, but it's a good idea!

To be fair, that was a popularity spike caused by DD. And yes, Isaac's decline in Japanese popularity is worrisome, but the fact that he's still in the TOP 10 after not being the protagonist of a game for THIRTEEN YEARS, not to mention that Sakurai is using Brawl popularity to some extent and that characters who haven't been at their popularity peak before have still been included means that Isaac shouldn't be counted out yet.

When the roster was composed in 2012 a 2010 game was recent, even if Isaac wasn't the protagonist.

He's also not in competition with Shulk any more than he is with any other character from an unrepresented series. It's not like Sakurai has the "one or the other" mentality about it.

If Isaac makes it in, do you guys think he will be the only GS rep forever?
Not necessarily, but it would hinge on there being future GS games, which could happen with the popularity rejuvenation Isaac will bring to the series should he be included.

As I've stated, imo, Shulk isn't really a Nintendo character. Just because Nintendo published the game, doesn't mean he would fit into this game.
Shulk is a first-party Nintendo character created by a first-party studio that isn't Nintendo themselves, same as FE, Kirby, Mother, etc.

That's pretty subjective.

I agree GS is more deserving at this point than Xenoblade, but by that logic Wars should've got a rep a long time ago, and definitely before some of the existing series. Even like... StarTropics should've...

So what does Isaac have compared with Saki from S&P ?
A series with unanimous worldwide releases, about like five or six times the audience size, more games, a notable amount of popularity?

What I'm trying to say, is that the history argument is really good, but there is a lot of pretender based solely on that.
Just because those series are all unrepresented doesn't mean they're all of the same merit or factors in their favour.

Dark Dawn was the only one not well received in Japan. GS1 and 2 were both received more positively in Japan (and worldwide) than Xenoblade.

In my opinion, Isaac would surely be here, if we had at least a new Golden Sun game announced on the 3DS or Wii U. But from what I read, no sequel is planned yet, and the developper don't have the intention : http://killstreakmedia.com/2013/04/26/will-there-be-a-golden-sun-4/
Well there certainly won't be a new GS before Smash 4, but if we get a GS character in Smash it could very possibly lead to a new title considering the popularity it will bring back to the series, as Smash inclusion has done for several series previously.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I do hope we get GS4 at some point. Even though Dark Dawn wasn't as good as the others, I'm still curious as to the resolution of the cliffhanger ending. (Though I admittedly can't even remember the whole ordeal.)

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Thank you N3ON and Raetah ! You guys increased once again my hopes to see Isaac playable one day =)

And yes I agree with N3ON about the fact that making Isaac playable can possibly lead to a new Golden Sun game.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I stumbled across this awesome fanart and I wish I knew where it came from.

dat scarf

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I do hope we get GS4 at some point. Even though Dark Dawn wasn't as good as the others, I'm still curious as to the resolution of the cliffhanger ending.
I agree. I'm not going to say without inclusion in Smash we'll never get a new GS or anything, but having a playable GS character is without a doubt the best chance the series has at regaining its previous popularity and standing.

I stumbled across this awesome fanart and I wish I knew where it came from.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=82433 ;)

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Please, it's posts like these that are fanning the flames of the stupid Isaac vs. Shulk rivalry here. Keep the Xenoblade hate to yourself.
I don't have any hate towards the game. I'm not fanning any flames nor am I saying anything ill towards it. I stated a game is more deserving the longer its been around. Its a celebration of Nintendo and as such familar faces from years past. That's all I said, and it's ignorant to read into it that far.

Besides, there's a key difference between hate and opinion. And I stated an opinion.

Hate would be like me saying "X character is stupid. He's a horrible choice" etc.

Which is not what I did at all.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, and if Isaac is confirmed to not appear on the roster, please don't start shooting down everything else because of some imaginary intertwine web that everything is connected to each other somehow. Because the last thing we need is bark breath above me unleashing his rage on Shulk.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh yeah, and if Isaac is confirmed to not appear on the roster, please don't start shooting down everything else because of some imaginary intertwine web that everything is connected to each other somehow.
Go tell that to the Starfy supporters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was definitely more than a sole Starfy supporter that started claiming characters were intertwined once one AT who had some sort of chance got deconfirmed. People who didn't even support Starfy started embracing that mentality.

Isaac doesn't specifically effect Shulk, Shulk doesn't specifically effect Isaac. And the ATs don't effect the other ATs. I'm in agreement.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Oh yeah, and if Isaac is confirmed to not appear on the roster, please don't start shooting down everything else because of some imaginary intertwine web that everything is connected to each other somehow. Because the last thing we need is bark breath above me unleashing his rage on Shulk.
Bark breath? Is that even a phrase?

Finally, if you had payed attention to my post instead of skimming through it, I said I have no hate towards Shulk at all. I haven't even played his game. But yes, this thread is about Issac, and I'll defend why he should have priority in my opinion. Just as Shulk fans should defend his spot in his thread.

I'm not saying he can't be in the game. I just think GS is more deserving because of its history. That's it.

There is no reason to be toxic towards me because I'm passionate about Issac.

There was definitely more than a sole Starfy supporter that started claiming characters were intertwined once one AT who had some sort of chance got deconfirmed. People who didn't even support Starfy started embracing that mentality.

Isaac doesn't specifically effect Shulk, Shulk doesn't specifically effect Isaac. And the ATs don't effect the other ATs. I'm in agreement.
I feel exactly the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arteen

Smash Lord
The way I see it, Smash 4 will have room for two or three more new franchises. Every "A-tier" franchise has already been accounted for, so now the B-tier franchises are fighting for the coveted few open spots on the roster.

It's not Isaac vs Shulk. It's Isaac vs everyone. Golden Sun vs Xenoblade vs Punch-Out vs Advance Wars vs Legendary Starfy vs Custom Robo vs Sin and Punishment vs Rhythm Heaven vs Murasame Castle vs whatever. Only a few will make it. For all we know they could both make the cut, in lieu of anyone else.

Starfy revealed as an assist trophy just means less competition for Isaac.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's true we're only going to get a certain amount of new series. In Melee it was three. In Brawl it was six. I'm not saying it's nine this time, because that's patternist thinking and dumb, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got more than we did Brawl, I mean we're already at three. The remaining characters imperative to include from the existing series are dwindling, and Sakurai very well could be moving the focus to series still unrepresented.

It's just a theory, but if the case it'd be good news for Isaac, as it's pretty clear, while near the top of series still left unrepped, GS is still faces competition that outclasses it, such as Punch-Out, Mii, the designated retro spot, and probably Pac-Man (or at least possibly Pac-Man). Now that's seven, and although not all those series might get playable representation, that's already a lot, especially considering it's unlikely we receive as many newcomers as we did in Brawl. So things are very much up in the air for both Isaac and Shulk. It's entirely possible we get neither and (not to fan the flames) also entirely possible, perhaps even probable, we only get one.

I don't want to start anything, so I'll leave it at that, but like I said above, getting Isaac would be very much a case of Sakurai being in the right mindset and looking for the qualities possessed by him, such as strong Brawl-era and/or long-lasting popularity, a wholly diverse and original moveset, and a relatively notable and relatively successful series (compared to the others still unrepresented) to draw from. That mix of qualities is what sets Isaac above some of his competition, and those would be the factors crucial for getting him included. If Sakurai isn't looking for... at least two of those things, you can probably forget about it.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
WARNING! The following contains an opinion. Lord help me, but I do have one I'd like to share without risk of being flamed to death...

While I seldom have a "this or that" mentality when it comes to Smash characters, I confess that I'd much prefer Isaac/Matthew over Shulk. I have played both games/series extensively, and I immensely enjoyed all of them. However, while I fully realize that Xenoblade characters are just as legitimately "Nintendo" as anybody else, Golden Sun just says Nintendo more to me. Golden Sun is undoubtedly an RPG, but it's so unique and fresh and doesn't fall as deeply into the script-heavy trenches that typical JRPGs do (which Xenoblade is VERY guilty of). It has that distinct Nintendo feel, flowing with the same vibes as Mario/DK/Zelda/Metroid/Pokémon/Starfox. Each franchise covers its own little niche, and I've always felt that GS is just the perfect representation of an RPG done with Nintendo flavoring. Xenoblade was a beautiful and riveting JRPG with compelling characters and plots, but it was just... too darkly JRPG-ish for me to fully associate it with the more bright, hopeful vibes Nintendo games tend to give.

All of that said, I'd of course welcome Shulk to the cast (thought, I'm not ashamed I'd prefer Riki as a Xeno rep... *shot*). I just understand the feeling intimated earlier of GS being a little more representative of Nintendo, even if that isn't technically a truth.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
It's true we're only going to get a certain amount of new series. In Melee it was three. In Brawl it was six. I'm not saying it's nine this time, because that's patternist thinking and dumb, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got more than we did Brawl, I mean we're already at three. The remaining characters imperative to include from the existing series are dwindling, and Sakurai very well could be moving the focus to series still unrepresented.

It's just a theory, but if the case it'd be good news for Isaac, as it's pretty clear, while near the top of series still left unrepped, GS is still faces competition that outclasses it, such as Punch-Out, Mii, the designated retro spot, and probably Pac-Man (or at least possibly Pac-Man). Now that's seven, and although not all those series might get playable representation, that's already a lot, especially considering it's unlikely we receive as many newcomers as we did in Brawl. So things are very much up in the air for both Isaac and Shulk. It's entirely possible we get neither and (not to fan the flames) also entirely possible, perhaps even probable, we only get one.

I don't want to start anything, so I'll leave it at that, but like I said above, getting Isaac would be very much a case of Sakurai being in the right mindset and looking for the qualities possessed by him, such as strong Brawl-era and/or long-lasting popularity, a wholly diverse and original moveset, and a relatively notable and relatively successful series (compared to the others still unrepresented) to draw from. That mix of qualities is what sets Isaac above some of his competition, and those would be the factors crucial for getting him included. If Sakurai isn't looking for... at least two of those things, you can probably forget about it.
Well...
*Mii: Wii Fit is part of the "Wii generic series" of games in Wii-Wii U. That would mean getting two newcomers from the same new serie, we had precedents of that with Roy and Marth, so i dont know if that is a real obstacle at all. Considering that the Icon of Wii Fit Trainer only represents Wii Fit, we perhaps see two characters of the same series being presented as two characters of different series, like Yoshi out of Mario.

But now the little question that i must ask you is that what does make a character "retro"? Because all this time i though that Little Mac could be considered retro, or that Wii game excludes him? Does exist anywhere a list of retro characters?

Top Bottom