• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, to be fair, the Monado's true potential is a bit more then what is shown in Smash.

It's the sword wielded by one of the two titan's of creation.

(Sorry, I just always thought that was a neat detail that nobody really knows about)
Heh? I thought that was one detail that was hammered into your brain like 10 minutes into the game. The Monado was wielded by the Bionis (not really a spoiler), the Monado was wielded by the Bionis... "Yea I get it already"

When you finished the dungeon, by that I mean when you beat the boss, you need to get the Hermes Water from Imil. Imil is in the west, just go left on the world map until you can't go any further and you should find a cave leading you north.
I usually just sequence break and get the water first. Thus I also have the 4th party member for cutscenes :) It is nice that the game handles and expects sequence breaking, like when you first enter Kolima.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , done with the dungeon? If you are stuck, just pay attention to that hole in the centre of the tree.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hello, Golden Sun fans!

I don't usually post here, but this video has something that may interest you.

I can't recognize the song playing. Having played both NES Kid Icarus and Uprising, I can say for sure it's not a Kid Icarus song.

I have asked people in other places and none seemed to recognize, save for a few people who suspected it to be a Golden Sun song.

So, what better place to ask besides the Isaac support thread? There might be more Golden Sun music besides the returning Brawl medley that plays on Norfair.

Does anyone recognize the song?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hello, Golden Sun fans!

I can't recognize the song playing. Having played both NES Kid Icarus and Uprising, I can say for sure it's not a Kid Icarus song.

I have asked people in other places and none seemed to recognize, save for a few people who suspected it to be a Golden Sun song.

So, what better place to ask besides the Isaac support thread? There might be more Golden Sun music besides the returning Brawl medley that plays on Norfair.

It SOUNDS like it could be something out of Golden Sun, but I'm not quite sure.

EDIT: It COULD be a remix of the overworld music:

Its got some similarities, but I can't quite match it up exactly. But it does have some similarities. It definitely SOUNDS like Golden Sun music, I'm just not sure what exact theme it could be.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hello, Golden Sun fans!

Hmm. It isn't from an existing Golden Sun as far as I know. Although I might have to listen to Dark Dawn's soundtrack to be sure.

But it definitely sounds Golden "Sun-ny". It would definitely belong right inside a Golden Sun game. It sounded somewhat like the ship tune in Lost Age and as @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said, somewhat like the overworld music.

GS4 confirmed? :p

Edit: And off topic. Who is that in your middle gif in your sig?

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't recognize the song but indeed it does sound like something that could be out of Golden Sun haha! Though I'm not sure if I like the idea of GS songs spread out to different stages when they all could be on a potential GS stage of its own...

Anyway, Golden Sun: The Lost Age was supposed to hit the European Wii U Virtual Console today, but I can't find it yet. Oh well, back to Mario Kart 8 then while waiting for it to appear.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I'm currently at the first forest in Golden Sun, I'm stuck at the part where I meet the two trees and go inside one of them, but I have no clue what to do next. Help?
READ EVERYTHINGS.... READ, READ, READ. AND COLLECT EVERYTHING, CHECK EVERY CORNER AND THE BEST... TALK TO EVERYSINGLE PERSON IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!
I know there lots pf text, but I got the game and reading can be anoying but sometime is really useful.
I don't know why people find this game low because Im gonna say it but.

The RPG System of Golden Sun is amazing and one of the most unique I ever play on my entire life of gaming. Is so unique It can bring its uniqueness to Smash bros and the reason is a very popular choice of a newcomer. (I don't care is it a sword user, He got pysenergy, with that enough make him awesome and some power that he do, Robin can't even do it himself.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm. It isn't from an existing Golden Sun as far as I know. Although I might have to listen to Dark Dawn's soundtrack to be sure.

But it definitely sounds Golden "Sun-ny". It would definitely belong right inside a Golden Sun game. It sounded somewhat like the ship tune in Lost Age and as @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said, somewhat like the overworld music.

GS4 confirmed? :p

Keep in mind, they often merge songs together in remixes.

Yeah, I can't pinpoint it exactly, but it definitely resembles GS music. Its got similarities to a couple of GS songs. Even if its not GS, I would not be at all surprised if Motoi Sakuraba did that remix.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Hello, Golden Sun fans!

Golden Sun Dark Dawn - Overworld

Staarih

Smash Master
Yes, I just stumbled upon this too, it is indeed the same song. From about 0:40 onwards you can hear the same tunes than in the Palutena's Temple video above. Glad for more GS content, and from Dark Dawn of all things!

Last edited:

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie
Yes, I just stumbled upon this too, it is indeed the same song. From about 0:40 onwards you can hear the same tunes than in the Palutena's Temple video above. Glad for more GS content, and from Dark Dawn of all things!
So... now there's Golden Sun music on BOTH Norfair and Palutena's Temple? What could this mean?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's the next thing I was going to look at. I was thinking it could be Dark Dawn.

DAMNIT THIS IS SO ****ING AWESOME! HOLY SH*T!

So Dark Dawn IS getting referenced... They DON'T hate Dark Dawn...

Which also means we have PROOF now that there's no excuse to cut Isaac as an AT. The only thing we have to worry about now is if Isaac is an AT on Smash Wii U...

So... now there's Golden Sun music on BOTH Norfair and Palutena's Temple? What could this mean?
It'd have been one thing if it was just Norfair's music coming back, but they actually added NEW music as well. And cut Isaac as an Assist Trophy...

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Finally. A new Golden Sun Music. Is a new Remix. And strangest thing. In a Kid Icarus stage. LoL a Golden Sun Music in Sakurai Bias stage:troll::troll::troll:

(Im always wanted a story crossover that Xenoblade and Golden sun are connected and somehow Pit is part of this story because is stuck in that world.... Is Isaac is playable, it could make my day.)

Good find everyone, I never could guessesd because it from dark dawn and I never play dark dawn... Only GS1. After all Xenoblade Stage got a Baten Kaitos Music.
At least this something, the questions remains... Where is Issac? and why Norfair have one Golden Sun music and Kid Icarus get one music from golden sun instead Having them all in one stage is strange.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Finally. A new Golden Sun Music. Is a new Remix. And strangest thing. In a Kid Icarus stage. LoL a Golden Sun Music in Sakurai Bias stage:troll::troll::troll:

(Im always wanted a story crossover that Xenoblade and Golden sun are connected and somehow Pit is part of this story because is stuck in that world.... Is Isaac is playable, it could make my day.)

Good find everyone, I never could guessesd because it from dark dawn and I never play dark dawn... Only GS1. After all Xenoblade Stage got a Baten Kaitos Music.
At least this something, the questions remains... Where is Issac? and why Norfair have one Golden Sun music and Kid Icarus get one music from golden sun instead Having them all in one stage is strange.
Well, obviously, there is no GS stage. Its POSSIBLE they planned on there being a GS stage but couldn't get it (or Isaac) done in time, so it'll be released as DLC.

Either way, its flippin' awesome. I wonder what other music tracks are hiding from us. (Crocodile Cacophany :D)

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Yes definitely it's from Dark Dawn ! I reconigze this overworld theme for sure ! Damn Sakurai if all that you don't make Isaac in all the GS fanbase will hate you xD

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Now that is a thing. It doesn't sound like a remix, but either way, it just made Palutena's Temple nearly viable for me to play on. While it's only music, right here we have the proof that Golden Sun definitely isn't dead yet.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Thanks for checking that out! I had classes so I only had time to run through the 1st and 2nd game music. I still had to check Dark Dawn, and what do you know it is an overworld music (like what we thought but from DD)!

What a first post! Welcome to Smashboards and Isaac support thread!

Warning - Mixed Mood ahead:

Although I wanted to find it >.< Ah well whatever! Now I feel bad (I call myself a huge GS fan and didn't recognize it at once - even after playing DD twice.....) and happy (extremely!!!) at the same time!

Mixed Mood ends here

Awesome mood:

So now we have Isaac music in a stage that Sakurai is clearly biased for!!!! More GS music is always great! That too new music! I want GS4 (with Isaac not Takeru)!

The hopes are strong in this one!

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
Now I doubt that Isaac would just get a trophy or AT appearance. Unless Matthew becomes an AT and Isaac playable (I am perfectly fine with this). Sakurai let this music be on a Kid Icarus stage! And it is a new piece of music on a new stage! Perfect scenario, Isaac as playable, Matthew as alt/assist trophy!

So now there is a greater chance of getting the badass older Isaac (not saying that the younger one is not badass)? Since DD is referenced...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thanks for checking that out! I had classes so I only had time to run through the 1st and 2nd game music. I still had to check Dark Dawn, and what do you know it is an overworld music (like what we thought but from DD)!

What a first post! Welcome to Smashboards and Isaac support thread!

Warning - Mixed Mood ahead:

Although I wanted to find it >.< Ah well whatever! Now I feel bad (I call myself a huge GS fan and didn't recognize it at once - even after playing DD twice) and happy (extremely!!!) at the same time!

Mixed Mood ends here

Awesome mood:

So now we have Isaac music in a stage that Sakurai is clearly biased for!!!! More GS music is always great! That too new music! I want GS4 (with Isaac not Takeru)!

The hopes are strong in this one!

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
Now I doubt that Isaac would just get a trophy or AT appearance. Unless Matthew becomes an AT and Isaac playable (I am perfectly fine with this). Sakurai let this music be on a Kid Icarus stage! And it is a new piece of music on a new stage! Perfect scenario, Isaac as playable, Matthew as alt/assist trophy!

So now there is a greater chance of getting the badass older Isaac? Since DD is referenced...
Maybe. I do agree, once again, makes no sense for Isaac to just come back as an AT. Especially since he should've been on 3DS. It also proves that Golden Sun has not been "forgotten" and it "is" important to Nintendo's history.

That said, I COULD see Isaac getting a trophy appearance and being DLC later. That's probably the best scenario right now.

EDIT: Unless patch characters are a thing, which I doubt at this point.

Now that is a thing. It doesn't sound like a remix, but either way, it just made Palutena's Temple nearly viable for me to play on. While it's only music, right here we have the proof that Golden Sun definitely isn't dead yet.
Agreed! If GS was dead they wouldn't bother adding more GS music into Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah, so it is a Golden Sun song! Nice find!

Don't you think it's funny that Golden Sun is on a Metroid stage and on a Kid Icarus stage? Metroid and Kid Icarus are often seen as sister series, so...

Also, the composer of the Golden Sun series, Motoi Sakuraba, also worked in Kid Icarus: Uprising. He's also worked in Brawl (up to remixing his own music from Golden Sun) and is also working in this game. I recognized his style from the music and with the people suspecting it of being a Golden Sun series song, I decided to ask here.

Good thing I did.

There's also Baten Kaitos music in Gaur Plain, as well as music from Soma Bringer and Glory of Heracles (two obscure RPGs) on the Coliseum stage. RPGs getting some love in this game when it comes to music...

The same guy as my avatar: Rin Okumura from the manga/anime series Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Speaking of music.... let's say Isaac get's in with a Golden Sun stage and just two new songs. What songs would you all want them to be?
Well if the stage is Venus Lighthouse I could only see it being a remix of the Isaac battle theme and a remix of the Venus Lighthouse theme.

If we were afforded a couple more I'd go for a Saturos battle theme remix, a Jenna battle theme remix and perhaps a song taken straight from Dark Dawn.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well if the stage is Venus Lighthouse I could only see it being a remix of the Isaac battle theme and a remix of the Venus Lighthouse theme.

If we were afforded a couple more I'd go for a Saturos battle theme remix, a Jenna battle theme remix and perhaps a song taken straight from Dark Dawn.
Yeah, Venus Lighthouse would probably have the Venus Lighthouse remix and Isaac battle music. Another possibility is Sol Sanctum or the Saturos battle theme.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wow it's great to see Golden Sun getting another song remixed, although personally it's not something I'd have chosen from Dark Dawn. It is fitting on Palutena's Temple though. I'd say it was maybe too fitting, but then again it would probably fit really well on a Venus Lighthouse stage as well.

I always thought the "They hate Dark Dawn" argument was utterly ridiculous. There have been other games that didn't get rave reactions which got represented in Smash.

I'm not really sure what this means, I still feel rather nervous about this....

Do we know if this song is a starter or unlockable song?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow it's great to see Golden Sun getting another song remixed, although personally it's not something I'd have chosen from Dark Dawn. It is fitting on Palutena's Temple though. I'd say it was maybe too fitting, but then again it would probably fit really well on a Venus Lighthouse stage as well.
It's actually the original version, taken directly from the game.

As for the track sounding fitting, as I said before, the Golden Sun series composer also worked in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Do we know if this song is a starter or unlockable song?
Definitely unlockable as all the default songs in Palutena's Temple are from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Yeah, Venus Lighthouse would probably have the Venus Lighthouse remix and Isaac battle music. Another possibility is Sol Sanctum or the Saturos battle theme.
When everyone say the Venus Lighthouse music, do they mean the music that's playing while your walking around in there, or the boss music in the lighthouse?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When everyone say the Venus Lighthouse music, do they mean the music that's playing while your walking around in there, or the boss music in the lighthouse?
The boss music is the final boss/Saturos boss theme (is Saturos and Menardi's music separate?). When people bring up a music track, its usually the track for that specific stage, dungeon, etc.

Greninja'd.

They don't sound the same. Similar but not the same.

It's a remix.
Its quieter, but it sounds the same. I think its too difficult to tell at this point whether its a remix or not because the track is so quiet. We'll have to wait until someone posts the full track.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Its quieter, but it sounds the same. I think its too difficult to tell at this point whether its a remix or not because the track is so quiet. We'll have to wait until someone posts the full track.
That may be right actually. Listening again it does sound more or less the same.

Kinda disappointed. On one end it wouldn't have taken much effort, on the other it frees them up to create an actual remix. So if we're lucky we may get another unlockable Golden Sun song.

Imagine if there were like 5 or 6 unlockable Golden Sun tracks. The Smash community would go mad.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That may be right actually. Listening again it does sound more or less the same.

Kinda disappointed. On one end it wouldn't have taken much effort, on the other it frees them up to create an actual remix. So if we're lucky we may get another unlockable Golden Sun song.
I'm not really disappointed, they're actually ACKNOWLEDGING Dark Dawn. I think its awesome. Besides, wouldn't you rather wait to get a remix for the Venus Lighthouse DLC stage? :D

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not really disappointed, they're actually ACKNOWLEDGING Dark Dawn. I think its awesome. Besides, wouldn't you rather wait to get a remix for the Venus Lighthouse DLC stage? :D
I'm disappointed in the sense that it didn't take effort. It's easy to show acknowledgement if it takes next to no effort.

I am optimistic about getting an actual remix later down the line though.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I don't know it would be very strange to have "2" GS tracks and any representation at all...At least one trophy, things are going good for Isaac i think.

I know Sakurai is a master troll but i don't think he would pick two tracks from GS and not make Isaac appear at all even as a AT. Of course like everyone here it would be fantastic to see Isaac promoted from AT to Playable character but wait and see

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't know it would be very strange to have "2" GS tracks and any representation at all...At least one trophy, things are going good for Isaac i think.

I know Sakurai is a master troll but i don't think he would pick two tracks from GS and not make Isaac appear at all even as a AT. Of course like everyone here it would be fantastic to see Isaac promoted from AT to Playable character but wait and see
Yeah, this definitely makes things look a lot better for Isaac. Obviously we can't jump to conclusions, but I'd say Isaac will at LEAST get a trophy at this point. If there's no GS trophies at all, Isaac is confirmed DLC character in my eyes.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm super excited about this newfound song but I can't help but think of the atrocious possibility of Isaac being an unlockable Wii U exclusive Assist Trophy. As stupid as it sounds, it's still a possibility and I wouldn't be surprised if him not being on the 3DS is because of "technical limitations", as in Move not working there or whatever... which again sounds silly haha. But yeah, I think a trophy of Isaac at least is a given at this point, and while it's not what I'd settle for, it's something...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wow, I am gone for an hour or two and we have a new song. That's great!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm super excited about this newfound song but I can't help but think of the atrocious possibility of Isaac being an unlockable Wii U exclusive Assist Trophy. As stupid as it sounds, it's still a possibility and I wouldn't be surprised if him not being on the 3DS is because of "technical limitations", as in Move not working there or whatever... which again sounds silly haha. But yeah, I think a trophy of Isaac at least is a given at this point, and while it's not what I'd settle for, it's something...
I'd say a trophy of Isaac is all-but-guaranteed. AT is still questionable, we've heard nothing at all about Wii U exclusive AT's. But yeah, I do think its still POSSIBLE Isaac could be a Wii U AT, but I don't think its likely at all.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
At this point anything other than Isaac's assist trophy status is next to meaningless. That's my opinion.

Whether Isaac is an assist trophy or not is by far the most important thing to learn now.

Top Bottom