• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point anything other than Isaac's assist trophy status is next to meaningless. That's my opinion.

Whether Isaac is an assist trophy or not is by far the most important thing to learn now.
Pretty much this. Either Isaac is a Wii U exclusive AT (which is highly questionable), or he was completely removed as an AT for seemingly no reason.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Are there any other unrepped series (via stage or character) that have two separate songs in the game? If Isaac isn't an assist then I think we can officially get our hopes up now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Are there any other unrepped series (via stage or character) that have two separate songs in the game? If Isaac isn't an assist then I think we can officially get our hopes up now.
I could've sworn I saw two Savvy Stylist songs a while back, but I'm not sure. That's the only unrepped franchise I saw two songs for.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What chance is there that we would have version exclusive assist trophies?
At this point, slim-to-none. We've heard nothing about it at all. Sakurai hinted not all AT's would be the same, but never said they'd have version-exclusive AT's.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think it is unlikely we will see an Isaac assist trophy. Doesn't gamexplain already have the game? I think we would have known about it by now if it was in.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
The Wonderful 101 has quite a few tracks in the game without any playable representation as of now, but I think that's about it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Pretty much this. Either Isaac is a Wii U exclusive AT (which is highly questionable), or he was completely removed as an AT for seemingly no reason.
The problem I have with this reasoning, is that it wouldn't be the first highly questionable thing to happen.

The Wii U version got a new Golden Sun song, while the 3DS version didn't even get the original Brawl track....which would have been perfect for Smash Run.

That's already bizarre.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I agree about the Wii U having an Isaac Trophy, and I wouldn't doubt seeing another GS song as well. The only question is whether or not he is an Assist Trophy.
Looks like I've been on the second song, no assist trophy boat for a while now.

The Wonderful 101 has quite a few tracks in the game without any playable representation as of now, but I think that's about it.
I'll take some Wonder Red DLC too, then.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are? I only recall seeing one. Style Savvy is the only one I knew of (before now) that had more than one track.

The problem I have with this reasoning, is that it wouldn't be the first highly questionable thing to happen.

The Wii U version got a new Golden Sun song, while the 3DS version didn't even get the original Brawl track....which would have been perfect for Smash Run.

That's already bizarre.
At the same time, Smash Wii U has more room for additional music. Very few franchises without playable representation got music in Smash 3DS.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The main thing I'm banking on right now is that Sakurai didn't include an Isaac AT in order to keep his options open for dlc. Even if during development he hadn't decided on any particular dlc plans.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
There are? I only recall seeing one. Style Savvy is the only one I knew of (before now) that had more than one track.
I just double-checked. I could've sworn I saw a Wonderful 101 track on the Pilot Wings stage. There definitely is that one track on the Mario Galaxy stage though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The main thing I'm banking on right now is that Sakurai didn't include an Isaac AT in order to keep his options open for dlc. Even if during development he hadn't decided on any particular dlc plans.
That's basically what I think happened. He removed some AT's as possible playable characters. He could've planned on having Isaac but cut him due to lack of time as well, too. I'd be surprised if more characters weren't planned but cut. It doesn't necessarily mean Isaac was one, obviously.

I do not think Sakurai "planned" any specific DLC well in advance, but after finalizing the main roster he probably had some ideas.

EDIT: http://smashboards.com/threads/unite-dlc-wonder-red-for-ssb4-tw101-music-confirmed.327878/

The Wonderful 101 thread only lists one music track so far...

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Now I just want a Venus Lighthouse remix/orchestral/awesomer version on my most awaited Venus Lighthouse stage.

With Isaac as the representative of course.

I waited the whole morning and day for this haha!
*downloads*
And now it is finally here! Have fun! And try not to get lost in the first half of the game :p

I await the day when it comes to the US eshop, when I will buy it! Till then I guess I will just try to finish the current run of GS: TLA I am at. Getting everyone to level 99 sure is tedious!

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Ah, so it is a Golden Sun song! Nice find!

Don't you think it's funny that Golden Sun is on a Metroid stage and on a Kid Icarus stage? Metroid and Kid Icarus are often seen as sister series, so...

Also, the composer of the Golden Sun series, Motoi Sakuraba, also worked in Kid Icarus: Uprising. He's also worked in Brawl (up to remixing his own music from Golden Sun) and is also working in this game. I recognized his style from the music and with the people suspecting it of being a Golden Sun series song, I decided to ask here.

Good thing I did.

There's also Baten Kaitos music in Gaur Plain, as well as music from Soma Bringer and Glory of Heracles (two obscure RPGs) on the Coliseum stage. RPGs getting some love in this game when it comes to music...

The same guy as my avatar: Rin Okumura from the manga/anime series Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist).
And Wonderful 101 music in a Mario stage. But, is were talking about obscurity.
The Wrecking crew stage is the King of Obscures Stage and a load of obscures music.
Heck even Duck Hunt stage Hold Murasame Catsle medley(Takamaru theme for shorts.)

And the Music of Dark dawn.... Sound more a remix from me because... it have differents sounds... I can't tell.

My god the Hype of Isaac is real... Is amazing!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yay for the music. I actually caught the post early, and figured it for Dark Dawn's overworld theme almost immediately (I was playing Dark Dawn only a few weeks ago). But the stupid maintenance kicked in before I could get the response up.

Why would a Dark Dawn track be on Palutena's Temple? It doesn't really bode well for Isaac's chances, as I don't think any fighter has music represented in someone else's stage.

But then, increasing the musical representation of Golden Sun while cutting Isaac as an AT seems even weirder and less likely.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So things just got really interesting, huh?

I'm now even more scared that Isaac will be a Wii U exclusive AT. =(

Yay for the music. I actually caught the post early, and figured it for Dark Dawn's overworld theme almost immediately (I was playing Dark Dawn only a few weeks ago). But the stupid maintenance kicked in before I could get the response up.

Why would a Dark Dawn track be on Palutena's Temple? It doesn't really bode well for Isaac's chances, as I don't think any fighter has music represented in someone else's stage.

But then, increasing the musical representation of Golden Sun while cutting Isaac as an AT seems even weirder and less likely.
Well, the Brawl Golden Sun track is already on Norfair...

The thing is we don't know how a DLC character would be handled. We have no past situation to go off of. Another Golden Sun track, on a different stage is actually something that is very interesting in my eyes.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
It's incredible how some people in the french video websites are not receptive about Isaac as playable.. They troll enverytime..well i don't care about those guys =)

Any news of Isaac trophy or something else by Gamexplain?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Yes, you're exactly right. Isaac isn't playable in the game. That doesn't mean anything at all for DLC, though. Besides, Fire Emblem had a track on Hyrule Temple before it had a stage in the game, and that game had the characters playable.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Nothing as far as we know.

Ahh, the wait!!!

Just give me Isaac playable already Nintendo! Treat your awesome franchise with the respect and representation it deserves. Plus give us another GS game!

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I think i'm gonna take GS TLA in the eshop =p Even if it is in English it's still Golden Sun ! =D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, you're exactly right. Isaac isn't playable in the game. That doesn't mean anything at all for DLC, though. Besides, Fire Emblem had a track on Hyrule Temple before it had a stage in the game, and that game had the characters playable.
Don't forget about :4rob: who has a Stack Up / Gyromite medley and no stage both in Brawl and Smash Wii U. :4duckhunt: and :4wiifit: don't have stages on the 3DS version either.

Isaac can be a playable character without a Golden Sun stage existing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't forget about :4rob: who has a Stack Up / Gyromite medley and no stage both in Brawl and Smash Wii U. :4duckhunt: and :4wiifit: don't have stages on the 3DS version either.

I wasn't sure about R.O.B. I thought it was possible there was a Gyromite stage but wasn't quite sure. Yeah, agreed. Regardless, I don't think its out of the question that Golden Sun could get a stage through DLC.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well it would be disappointing if we don't get a Venus Lighthouse stage or any other GS stage considering the awesome potential it can have! BUT considering our main goal is Isaac as a playable character, the race is still on.

Golden Sun's music might be distributed among the other stages and Isaac may be one of the characters without a stage of his own, but he would still be in! And as long as I get that I am saisfied!

Cause then GS4 will go through the roof and we will get 2 GS stages in Smash Bros 5 :troll:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Exactly if at least we have Isaac playable it would be fantastic ! :D But i'm not against a Venus Lighthouse stage :3

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Cause then GS4 will go through the roof and we will get 2 GS stages in Smash Bros 5 :troll:
And three characters... Oh, no, wait, that's only if GS came under the direction of Sakurai himself. -_-

But yes, of course I would be satisfied with him being a character, but no stages. I really, really want the 'ocean' chamber of Sol Sanctum as a stage. I would probably faint if that actually happened, though. xD So... A character alone would be fine.

It does make sense to have Golden Sun tracks in the game and then have him be a DLC character... I just hope he isn't an AT... >.<

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I didn't think about that. You guys are right, playable characters have had music on other stages when they don't have stages of their own.

So Isaac is going to be DLC, and he'll lack a stage, so they've seeded Golden Sun music throughout the game.

I like that theory.

Still doesn't explain the travesty that is the 3DS version lacking Golden Sun content, but it's a solid explanation.

D

Deleted member

Wait, wait, wait... so Sakurai had placed a Golden Sun track in one of his grandest creations?!

Has the world gone topsy-turvy?!

The Overworld theme from "Dark Dawn" IS in the Wii U version. I consider this to be major news. I mean, all this time, we talked about how Dark Dawn was the red-haired stepchild and how it may or may not have hurt our chances, but music made it into the game.

I also view this situation as something that was done merely for the base game, and Isaac's involvement as a playable can either result in him being homeless or getting a stage later.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Wait, wait, wait... so Sakurai had placed a Golden Sun track in one of his grandest creations?!

The Overworld theme from "Dark Dawn" IS in the Wii U version. I consider this to be major news. I mean, all this time, we talked about how Dark Dawn was the red-haired stepchild and how it may or may not have hurt our chances, but music made it into the game.

I also view this situation as something that was done merely for the base game, and Isaac's involvement as a playable can either result in him being homeless or getting a stage later.
Well, to be fair, I have never, EVER heard a complaint about Dark Dawn's music.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I agree. I don't think this means anything for DLC because DLC is a new concept. Basically, Sakurai wasn't thinking about DLC at the time when choosing this, it was merely "we can't get Golden Sun into the game by default, let's add some music tracks." He might've left Isaac out as an AT in case he decided to add Isaac as DLC later.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Crazy theory: what if Isaac has a stage only in the 3DS version, being an inverse situation as :4duckhunt: and :4wiifit: who only have stages in the Wii U version?

The two Golden Sun songs would be on said 3DS stage.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Crazy theory: what if Isaac has a stage only in the 3DS version, being an inverse situation as :4duckhunt: and :4wiifit: who only have stages in the Wii U version?

The two Golden Sun songs would be on said 3DS stage.
Well, that would work in theory. There is one open space on the stage select screen. Maybe they couldn't finish Isaac in time, and it was intended to be Isaac's stage. Although, I would think in that case there'd be one music track missing, because there's currently no GS1 music in the game at all. The stage would probably either be Sol Sanctum/Elemental Stars Chamber, or Venus Lighthouse. Granted, the battle music could plausibly be used as stage music by default...

Top Bottom