• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Every since it got all the way into late Summer and we still didn't have a second Star Fox character, any chance I saw in Krystal becoming playable was dead honestly. Right now we have to wait for Wolf to get back first, and yes, Star Fox is getting a new game, but people keep forgetting about all the other games that haven't been announced yet. Getting one new game in a franchise that's been dead for ten years doesn't instantly mean we're going to get a boatload of characters from said franchise. In fact, Star Fox U is probably going to be Wolf's saving grace; he was likely planned to be cut before Sakurai was aware of Star Fox U, and Wolf will probably come back to promote it.

And I still legitimately think GS4 is in development as well. I doubt it'll get announced yet, but I'd bet GS content was removed so it could be added later as DLC to promote an upcoming GS game.
I have reason to believe this game has been in development for some time, and was put on the shelf to waste time on that stupid Mario Golf game, and keep in mind that game was delayed so therefore they wouldn't have gotten back to developing this game in their secret underground laboratory until they finished that game, and of course took a little break.

I want to ask everybody here, who wants Shulk vs Isaac?

I think these two would be a epic rivalry to settle it in Smash.

Sure call me a Shulk sell out now, but if I saw Isaac added, then I wouldn't hesitate to Curb Stomp Shulk in the back in exchange for using Isaac.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have reason to believe this game has been in development for some time, and was put on the shelf to waste time on that stupid Mario Golf game, and keep in mind that game was delayed so therefore they wouldn't have gotten back to developing this game in their secret underground laboratory until they finished that game, and of course took a little break.

Sure call me a Shulk sell out now, but if I saw Isaac added, then I wouldn't hesitate to Curb Stomp Shulk in the back in exchange for using Isaac.
I do. The Adept vs. Wielder of the Monado.

Heck, we can do a Nintendo RPG Triangle match with Ness representing all three Nintendo RPGs in Smash Bros..

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I want an Isaac vs. Shulk vs. Ness vs. Marth battle.

It would be the ultimate Nintendo rpg showdown.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Shulk & Isaac are the ultimate Tag-Team. Would've been a perfect fit for an event battle of some sort. "Blonde haired swordsmen invaded Smash - Show those generic protagonists who is the best fencer around". In which you'd fight both of them at the same time only allowed to use another sword user.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow you surely love the game. Thanks for the heads up, useful info, sounds interesting.

So which one should I start with it?
Here's the thing. Lufia & the Fortress of Doom was a great RPG for its time, but it hasn't aged well. Lufia II is still an amazing RPG, but Lufia I had a ton of noticeable flaws. Also, the story is kinda generic, focusing heavily on a lot of fetch quests throughout the game. When the actual plot does kick up, though, its very good, and its got what I consider to be the greatest plot twist in gaming. Of course, I'm probably a bit biased because its the first RPG I ever played, and its what got me hooked on the genre. Lufia II's story is pretty good as well, its probably more consistently better than Lufia I story wise, but I still prefer Lufia I's plot twist.

Lufia II, on the other hand, is easily one of the best RPG's ever made. So, if you play Lufia II, you're not likely to be able to get into Lufia I at all. On the other hand, Lufia II is a prequel to Lufia I. I would not recommend Legend Returns at all, its gameplay kinda sucks. Ruins of Lore isn't too bad, personally, I think its vastly underrated. But the game is a side story, so keep that in mind. Curse of the Sinistrals is a good game on its own, but the problem is they made a remake of one of the best RPG's of all time and turned it into an action-based RPG, and its really just not as good as the original.

Admittedly, I do think its possible they've been working on it on-and-off, but Nintendo has been prioritizing the Mario games due to Dark Dawn's poor sales. That doesn't mean they won't continue the series, though, they just wanted to prioritized the Mario sports games first. Now that those are done they can work on it. However, I don't necessarily think they DID start work on GS4 beforehand, but I definitely think its plausible, and I would not at all be surprised.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

I want it.

Isaac vs. Shulk
Isaac and Shulk vs. Ness and Marth
Isaac vs. Robin. (In Japan would be Robin vs. Reflet.)
Isaac vs. Little Mac (AT Battle)

Those versus, oh my oh my, One of the reason I want to use Isaac soo bad, THIS NEED TO HAPPEN.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Thanks a lot for the description of Lufia II. I've heard countless times thatt Lufia series were just excellent and i never tried one but you just get me more curious about it. But for the moment i have too much games to do (RPG especially cause i'm a huge fan of RPGS, and also doing Walkthroughs for my Youtube channel etc)

Is it confirmed thaht TLA wii be in the eshop this week?

Damn everyday i go to this thread hoping to see THE great news whic tells Isaac is in ! I mean if they removed all GS content and just let the Norfaire Music it would be very disrespectful. Come on Sakurai !

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Here's the thing. Lufia & the Fortress of Doom was a great RPG for its time, but it hasn't aged well. Lufia II is still an amazing RPG, but Lufia I had a ton of noticeable flaws. Also, the story is kinda generic, focusing heavily on a lot of fetch quests throughout the game. When the actual plot does kick up, though, its very good, and its got what I consider to be the greatest plot twist in gaming. Of course, I'm probably a bit biased because its the first RPG I ever played, and its what got me hooked on the genre. Lufia II's story is pretty good as well, its probably more consistently better than Lufia I story wise, but I still prefer Lufia I's plot twist.

Lufia II, on the other hand, is easily one of the best RPG's ever made. So, if you play Lufia II, you're not likely to be able to get into Lufia I at all. On the other hand, Lufia II is a prequel to Lufia I. I would not recommend Legend Returns at all, its gameplay kinda sucks. Ruins of Lore isn't too bad, personally, I think its vastly underrated. But the game is a side story, so keep that in mind. Curse of the Sinistrals is a good game on its own, but the problem is they made a remake of one of the best RPG's of all time and turned it into an action-based RPG, and its really just not as good as the original
Ok so Lufia 1 first then Lufia 2! I will see those other named titles later.

To the list it is added! .... That is one long list... And most of it RPGs....

Well cool, you introduced me to an awesome video game that I had never even heard of before so thanks :)

Now to get the match up that I have always wanted:

Isaac vs. Everyone :p

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I think we should make a Isaac vs Shulk battle and Shulk gets totally obliterated, so that we can post the replay on gamefaqs. :troll:

But yeah, real Isaac would be way better than the Mii Isaac I currently have.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think we should make a Isaac vs Shulk battle and Shulk gets totally obliterated, so that we can post the replay on gamefaqs. :troll:

But yeah, real Isaac would be way better than the Mii Isaac I currently have.
Real Isaac would be better than my Fake Agatio I have with green Ganondorf.

Btw, if Isaac is added, gotta do it, Isaac must fight Ganon.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Related to a GS2 event:
Isaac will get his revenge from that surprise Rising Dragon.
He technically already did.

Isaac is always in my party post reunion so he kicked Dragon Agatio and Dragon Karst black and blue. Although they were technically not "villains" any more..

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
He technically already did.

Isaac is always in my party post reunion so he kicked Dragon Agatio and Dragon Karst black and blue. Although they were technically not "villains" any more..
They wanted Prox to rule the world. Yes, this meant that they had to save Prox and the world, but that still qualifies them as "bad guys".

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
They wanted Prox to rule the world. Yes, this meant that they had to save Prox and the world, but that still qualifies them as "bad guys".
Uh-uh

But they were saving the world. Well you can't call them clear cut villains. GS has never had a clear cut villain and that is good in my opinion. Same with Alex, saving the world while getting uber powerful.

Well that aside, Isaac needs to challenge Shulk, show him who's boss (I love Xenoblade, but Shulk, not so much) and then tag team to beat everyone else. Who dares mock RPGs!!?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh-uh

But they were saving the world. Well you can't call them clear cut villains. GS has never had a clear cut villain and that is good in my opinion. Same with Alex, saving the world while getting uber powerful.

Well that aside, Isaac needs to challenge Shulk, show him who's boss (I love Xenoblade, but Shulk, not so much) and then tag team to beat everyone else. Who dares mock RPGs!!?
Um... I'd argue Blados & Chalis might qualify, even though their goals being super vague disqualify them from being true blue antagonists.

The revelation about Prox was a surprise the first time I saw it, considering that Saturos & Menardi had a noble goal, though they did a lot of things that were not nice which sorta made it hard to view them as sympathetic or tragic figures if you view it from the obvious point of view.

Yeah, that'd be a proper feud. Isaac finally makes his way to the game, has a lengthy feud with "the Shulkster", and once everything is played out, they join forces

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Um... I'd argue Blados & Chalis might qualify, even though their goals being super vague disqualify them from being true blue antagonists.

The revelation about Prox was a surprise the first time I saw it, considering that Saturos & Menardi had a noble goal, though they did a lot of things that were not nice which sorta made it hard to view them as sympathetic or tragic figures if you view it from the obvious point of view.
But you never really find out what exactly was their goal. I admit that they are the darkest antagonists in the series as they plan to literally plunge the world in darkness, and cause one of the darkest moments in GS history. Still Alex who was helping them initially, turns against them at the last moment but still fails to defeat them/does not try (I would go with the latter). We still don't know the plan of the Tuaparang and whether Blados and Chalis were obeying him till the end, or they had turned on him.

Seriously, Dark Dawn introduced more riddles than it solved!

Wait a minute! Since when did we start using spoiler tags? I remember our past conversations full of spoilers but no hidden text in sight! Well whatever, there are people who have yet to play DD.

Yeah, that'd be a proper feud. Isaac finally makes his way to the game, has a lengthy feud with "the Shulkster", and once everything is played out, they join forces
Yup. Isaac wins obviously. Especially when Shulk does not have his ultimate weapon. Although who started the feud? Shulk must be trying to light Venus lighthouse..... *cue music* on the Venus Lighthouse stage!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
"This is the Monado Power". That's cute.

Well, to be fair, the Monado's true potential is a bit more then what is shown in Smash.

It's the sword wielded by one of the two titan's of creation.

(Sorry, I just always thought that was a neat detail that nobody really knows about)

I'd honestly LOVE if Smash Bros had proper rival characters like in Playstation All Stars. I'm not a huge fan of that game, but the Rival fight was fun.

I don't know if Shulk would be Isaac's BEST choice for a rival. Hmm, I would have to start pairing fighters off now to REALLY figure it out.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey, so I bought Golden Sun on VC. All I can say at the moment is that the music is great!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Hey, so I bought Golden Sun on VC. All I can say at the moment is that the music is great!
Golden Sun is my favorite RPG of all time and yeah, its soundtrack is awesome, the only flaw I feel in the game (which for me isn't a flaw, but for some it is) is that the game has to much dialogue at the beggining, other than that, it is an awesome game.

And sorry to be to biased :p

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Sakuraba definitely is among the best composers out there. The best is yet to come, believe you me. There is a certain boss battle and a certain dungeon theme in the first game which I'd rank among my favourite video game OST's of all time. To those who played the games it should be fairly obvious which ones I'm talking about, but I'm refraining from actually naming the songs on purpose here to avoid spoilers.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Speaking of music.... let's say Isaac get's in with a Golden Sun stage and just two new songs. What songs would you all want them to be?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of music.... let's say Isaac get's in with a Golden Sun stage and just two new songs. What songs would you all want them to be?
It would quite possibly be an arrangement of the normal battle theme and some kind of medley like they did with Xenoblade's songs. There are so many good songs worthy of playing on a Golden Sun stage, it's really hard to pick just two of those.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
"Do you know who that freakish one eyed rock is Isaac?" "Yes, I totally know this thing that I have never heard mentioned nor referenced, Garet!"

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
"Do you know who that freakish one eyed rock is Isaac?" "Yes, I totally know this thing that I have never heard mentioned nor referenced, Garet!"
Well, it's some kind of rock after all. Isaac, being the venus adept he is, should know what he is capable of controlling, I suppose.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
So I'm kinda new here (posted about 5 posts here) but just want you guys to know that I am a 110% supporter of Isaac getting in Smash and have played all games in the GS series, I would post more but I don't really have anything to post about. So with that said, ISAAC FOR SMASH!!!

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I can't belive that the composer of Golden Sun is the same for Dark Soul and Tales series.
That guy can do some really JAMS and nostalgic music.
And the best of all, He is working in the new smash 4 one of the few composer in the game and in both version, 3DS and Wii U.

The music from Golden Sun is very amazing. Heck even my town of Animal Crossing have town tune of it, But I change it for a earthbound tune.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently at the first forest in Golden Sun, I'm stuck at the part where I meet the two trees and go inside one of them, but I have no clue what to do next. Help?
You just entered? It's a maze, you simply have to find the right way. It can be rather complicated, but you're at the right place and you'll find your way eventually.

There also is a Venus Djinn in the later parts of Tret, if you care about those. Again, if you explore every way, you'll find it.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
You just entered? It's a maze, you simply have to find the right way. It can be rather complicated, but you're at the right place and you'll find your way eventually.

There also is a Venus Djinn in the later parts of Tret, if you care about those. Again, if you explore every way, you'll find it.
Well, it's actually a Jupitar Djinn, sorry about being nit picky.
But @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , make sure you have the Water of Hermes from Imil before you go through Tret's dungeon.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's actually a Jupitar Djinn, sorry about being nit picky.
Oh god, it is. Now this is embarrassing. Probably confused it with the one in Kolima Village.

Where can I find it, do I have to go buy in the town I was before?
When you finished the dungeon, by that I mean when you beat the boss, you need to get the Hermes Water from Imil. Imil is in the west, just go left on the world map until you can't go any further and you should find a cave leading you north.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh god, it is. Now this is embarrassing. Probably confused it with the one in Kolima Village.

When you finished the dungeon, by that I mean when you beat the boss, you need to get the Hermes Water from Imil. Imil is in the west, just go left on the world map until you can't go any further and you should find a cave leading you north.
You have to go to Mercury Light House (in the North) and after finishing that you get the water.
West is north.....(?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom