• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, that would work in theory. There is one open space on the stage select screen. Maybe they couldn't finish Isaac in time, and it was intended to be Isaac's stage. Although, I would think in that case there'd be one music track missing, because there's currently no GS1 music in the game at all. The stage would probably either be Sol Sanctum/Elemental Stars Chamber, or Venus Lighthouse. Granted, the battle music could plausibly be used as stage music by default...
The game can handle both character and stage DLC, so there's likely going to be a second page for downloadable stages. Hence the free spot.

And I can see the battle music being default with the other music being the alternate song.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, to be fair, I have never, EVER heard a complaint about Dark Dawn's music.
Yeah, I know. I mean, I love the Endless Wall theme from that game... but to have it possibly be the only non-Kid Icarus Uprising track in Palutena's Temple? That says a whole lot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The game can handle both character and stage DLC, so there's likely going to be a second page for downloadable stages. Hence the free spot.

And I can see the battle music being default with the other music being the alternate song.
Yeah, I could definitely see that being the case. Sol Sanctum's music isn't that memorable anyway, but Venus Lighthouse is. Of course, they could potentially go with a Dark Dawn stage...

D

Deleted member

Crazy theory: what if Isaac has a stage only in the 3DS version, being an inverse situation as :4duckhunt: and :4wiifit: who only have stages in the Wii U version?

The two Golden Sun songs would be on said 3DS stage.
I can see this happening, as there is free space on the stage select list, and it would be odd, but somewhat fitting, for Isaac to not have a home on the Wii U, but to have his own stage on the 3DS.

Venus Lighthouse would be the most likely stage, and although Battle Scene/Final Boss (Golden Sun) & Overworld (Dark Dawn) would be sorta odd choices, at least there's the sake of convinence.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, I could definitely see that being the case. Sol Sanctum's music isn't that memorable anyway, but Venus Lighthouse is. Of course, they could potentially go with a Dark Dawn stage...
What? I love The Elemental Stars! =(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, yeah, I forgot about it. Venus Lighthouse is more epic, but Elemental Stars isn't bad.

I can see this happening, as there is free space on the stage select list, and it would be odd, but somewhat fitting, for Isaac to not have a home on the Wii U, but to have his own stage on the 3DS.

Venus Lighthouse would be the most likely stage, and although Battle Scene/Final Boss (Golden Sun) & Overworld (Dark Dawn) would be sorta odd choices, at least there's the sake of convinence.
This is the problem, really. Battle Scene/Final Boss and Overworld would be odd choices for either stage pick. They'd probably have to have one more song, and the last song could be a Smash Run theme added when Isaac is made available through DLC.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The thing is we don't know how a DLC character would be handled. We have no past situation to go off of. Another Golden Sun track, on a different stage is actually something that is very interesting in my eyes.
That's very true, we just don't know. On one hand having Golden Sun tracks on non Golden Sun stages could be a bad thing but on the other hand having more Golden Sun tracks in the base game might only mean they don't need to add as many Golden Sun tracks through dlc if we get a Golden Sun stage. It may just adopt these base game songs, add one or two new Golden Sun tracks and then add another one or two songs completely unrelated to Golden Sun.

How many songs does each stage have anyway?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Most Nintendo series do have tracks of their own on other stages mostly because they are pretty minor series, GS having tracks on other stages IMO is pretty bad for Isaac's chances.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Even if it doesn't lead to anything else, it's great to have new Golden Sun content in the game.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Question: How many other series without playable characters have music tracks in the game?

Of those, how many have multiple music tracks?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Question: How many other series without playable characters have music tracks in the game?

Apparently as of now only Golden Sun has more than one track, although we don't know yet if there might be others showing up sooner or later.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm gone for the whole day and this thread goes berserk, I even though Isaac was confirmed as a playable xD.

However, this is great news, no Isaac AT, two songs (The first part seems to be the ship theme and then it goes to the DD Overworld theme), so I believe there is two musics (like they did with Earthbound on the 3DS).

Neverthless, this could be hinting for Isaac's playability, so everybody hype.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I don't mean to be the downer here, but two GS tracks could just be... GS getting two tracks. Palutena's Temple got one because Sakurai realized it's a much more fitting stage for a GS track and Norfair got one because it's the same one as last time.

If anything this has me worried more than the single GS track. A returning GS track, well it makes sense that would return just as it did before, which happened. But a new GS track? If Isaac were DLC, you'd think that'd be saved for a new GS stage (assuming he would come with a stage, which is probable for a new series to Smash). Especially an original remix. Now I mean it's not a nail in the coffin or anything, but I'm more worried now than before.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Then again who am I to say how DLC works? Mewtwo got a trophy and will still be a character. Maybe the GS tracks would shift to the GS stage. Maybe they'd be repeated there. Maybe Isaac just won't come with a stage.

Style Savvy is plausible for a playable character, but it's not a pretty significant franchise to earn one.
It's not plausible, it's possible.

And just because it's possible doesn't mean it makes a heck of a lot of sense. GS getting a character is definitely more plausible.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Isaac!!! *drum roll intensifies*

Style Savvy and the other 2 don't count as they are not series where people have demanded reps. Not in the huge number that Isaac fans have! Plus Golden Sun is the more reppable franchise!

Yea me too. But I don't want to ruin that peace! Unless the stars are taken and the tense tune starts!

And three characters... Oh, no, wait, that's only if GS came under the direction of Sakurai himself. -_-
Like @JDogindy said, this tune is on Sakurai's treasured stage! Who knows?

I'm gone for the whole day and this thread goes berserk, I even though Isaac was confirmed as a playable xD.

However, this is great news, no Isaac AT, two songs (The first part seems to be the ship theme and then it goes to the DD Overworld theme), so I believe there is two musics (like they did with Earthbound on the 3DS).

Neverthless, this could be hinting for Isaac's playability, so everybody hype.
I was hyping the whole time and now everyone is too. You are just late to the party :p

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I don't think being in the realm of possibility is all it takes to become plausible. WFT is the exception that proves the rule. She wasn't plausible, but she wasn't impossible. That doesn't make every character who is less than likely plausible, just possible.

Plausibility means there is at least some semblance of good reason or probability. I'd say chances are very much against Style Savvy, but ofc it's obviously not impossible.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Umm, I don't mean to be the downer here, but two GS tracks could just be... GS getting two tracks. Palutena's Temple got one because Sakurai realized it's a much more fitting stage for a GS track and Norfair got one because it's the same one as last time.

If anything this has me worried more than the single GS track. A returning GS track, well it makes sense that would return just as it did before, which happened. But a new GS track? If Isaac were DLC, you'd think that'd be saved for a new GS stage (assuming he would come with a stage, which is probable for a new series to Smash). Especially an original remix. Now I mean it's not a nail in the coffin or anything, but I'm more worried now than before.
It goes to show that Nintendo isn't turning a blind eye towards the franchise. If Isaac wasn't an Assist and we didn't have the music, then it could be argued that Nintendo could be activity ignoring all things Golden Sun. This is clearly not the case since we have two separate tracks, though. It's a good sign if nothing else.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be fair, if the Golden Sun track on Palutena's Temple is just a straight port from Dark Dawn it changes things a little.

They didn't (as far as we know) make a brand new Golden Sun remix only to put it on a non Golden Sun stage. I think if they had done that it would have been far more damning towards Isaac's chances. Since it doesn't take much effort to port two songs from Brawl and Dark Dawn.

With that said I still think the only thing that has any real weight is whether Isaac is an assist or not. This whole issue with the songs is just a breeding ground for us to start assuming things.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
It goes to show that Nintendo isn't turning a blind eye towards the franchise. If Isaac wasn't an Assist and we didn't have the music, then it could be argued that Nintendo could be activity ignoring all things Golden Sun. This is clearly not the case since we have two separate tracks, though. It's a good sign if nothing else.
It's a good sign that the series isn't being ignored, sure, but I don't know how great it is towards the goal of a playable Isaac.
I mean other than this last little while nearly everyone just assumed GS wasn't going to be completely ignored anyway.

Also, it wouldn't be Nintendo ignoring GS, it would be Sakurai. Two very different things.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The whole song debate kinda reminds me of the whole "they have trophies so they can't be dlc" issue that came up when the 3ds version released.

Something that appeared to be damning ultimately meant absolutely nothing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's obvious that Smash Bros. is going to put every recognizable Nintendo character in some form in the main game, trophies never really affected anyone's chances at all.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Haha, so I had been working on a response to the people quoting me 2 nights ago when crashboards decided to strike without me even navigating to a new page. I forget about it for a day, then I come back and there are a bunch more pages and a new GS song found in-game.

I really don't know how to feel about this new song, though. We literally went the entirety of the development cycle for this game with no new info, and then less than two weeks before it releases... a Dark Dawn song... on a Kid Icarus stage. On one hand, it's really nice to finally see any new GS content, but on the other hand, I think this may be the most inconsequential thing we could have discovered XD Oh, the joys of being a Golden Sun fan!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Haha, so I had been working on a response to the people quoting me 2 nights ago when crashboards decided to strike without me even navigating to a new page. I forget about it for a day, then I come back and there are a bunch more pages and a new GS song found in-game.

I really don't know how to feel about this new song, though. We literally went the entirety of the development cycle for this game with no new info, and then less than two weeks before it releases... a Dark Dawn song... on a Kid Icarus stage. On one hand, it's really nice to finally see any new GS content, but on the other hand, I think this may be the most inconsequential thing we could have discovered XD Oh, the joys of being a Golden Sun fan!
Speculation is just an accumulation of inconsequential things. It's nice to have ANY straw to grasp at.

It's also nice just to talk about the series.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
But a Golden Sun track on THE Sakurai-bias stage can't be a bad thing, am I right?
In all seriousness, while it's neat, it means nothing as long as we don't know all the Assist Trophies. I suppose we'll see at least some leaks in the next few days, looking forward to it.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Speculation is just an accumulation of inconsequential things. It's nice to have ANY straw to grasp at.

It's also nice just to talk about the series.
This is very true, haha. It's just kind of sad that we're at the point where we're so starved for information that this song is kind of a big deal :p

I don't think this song appearing on Palutena's Temple really shows favoritism from Sakurai... I think it just happens to fit the stage XD But then, I've always been kind of confused as to why the remix from Brawl appeared on Norfair. Fantasy RPG music in a sci-fi platformer/fps series stage? Why not on a Zelda or KI or FE stage? Would've been perfectly suited to Castle Siege, imo. So who even knows. Still, I wouldn't say the stage choice is super-relevant.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Apparently as of now only Golden Sun has more than one track, although we don't know yet if there might be others showing up sooner or later.
This is incorrect. Style Savvy also has two music tracks. Those are the only two franchise that are known to have two tracks.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
This is incorrect. Style Savvy also has two music tracks. Those are the only two franchise that are known to have two tracks.
Yeah, I know that by now. Actually, do you remember when I said there was more than one Wonderful 101 track in the game? I honestly thought "Style Savvy" was just the name of one of those. I don't know how I jumped to that conclusion, but that's what I was talking about. Possibly there is a track in the W101 OST that's named somewhat similarly? I can't remember.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I think the fact that one of the tracks is returning dampens the effect of getting multiple GS tracks. Not quality wise or anything, because GS music is awesome, but... it'd be a bigger deal if we got multiple new tracks is all.

But it does make Isaac's absence all the more conspicuous, that is true.

It's obvious that Smash Bros. is going to put every recognizable Nintendo character in some form in the main game, trophies never really affected anyone's chances at all.
I dunno. DHD has always been pretty recognizable and this is the first time he got included in any context.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think the fact that one of the tracks is returning dampens the effect of getting multiple GS tracks. Not quality wise or anything, because GS music is awesome, but... it'd be a bigger deal if we got multiple new tracks is all.

But it does make Isaac's absence all the more conspicuous, that is true.

I dunno. DHD has always been pretty recognizable and this is the first time he got included in any context.
Yeah, I dislike the notion when people say this doesn't mean anything for Isaac, because its not just getting a music track. Its the fact that Isaac was already cut as an AT. Now that we're getting NEW content as well, it also shows that Sakurai isn't afraid to add/keep content from GS, which also means: where is Isaac's AT? Why was he cut, despite being a popular AT?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Nice to know we're going to have more Golden Sun content than just one song. I recognised that theme immediately, but it looks like someone beat me to pointing it out, ha ha.

This gives me greater hope for Isaac being a downloadable character.

[EDIT] And huzzah that Golden Sun: The Lost Age is finally available in the Nintendo eshop.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I dislike the notion when people say this doesn't mean anything for Isaac, because its not just getting a music track. Its the fact that Isaac was already cut as an AT. Now that we're getting NEW content as well, it also shows that Sakurai isn't afraid to add/keep content from GS, which also means: where is Isaac's AT? Why was he cut, despite being a popular AT?
The series gets new content but the only AT gets removed. Well it does set GS apart from Drill Dozer, Custom Robo, Kuru Kuru Kuruwhatever, Excitebike, and I think Band Bros. (other than Barbara and Excitebiker still having trophies).

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps it is just my wild imagination, but I find it difficult to believe that Sakurai would put in more Golden Sun content just to screw with people. my only fear now is that Nintendo reverts to its old stance on DLC for some reason.

Top Bottom