• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Maybe they got him working in-game, but haven't been able to develop an intro trailer that does him justice yet. He'll be there for DLC pack 1, right?

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
that was my question guys and it seems like there is no wii u assist trophies snce he also stated he has nearly unlocked everything as well, now we can really question why isaac was cut as an at?
Ok, I'll try my best to translate your second grade english, so tell me if I have it right.

"Why is Isaac not an Assist Trophy? I needed to enlarge my internet ego, so I unlocked everything."

Pardon if you are offended.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ok, I'll try my best to translate your second grade english, so tell me if I have it right.

"Why is Isaac not an Assist Trophy? I needed to enlarge my internet ego, so I unlocked everything."

Pardon if you are offended.
No. He was saying that he was the one who asked the question of GameXplain, and he was reiterating their response that there were no Wii U exclusive ATs as far as they could tell.

He then pointed out the question that has been looming before us all: "Why was Isaac cut as an AT?"

Please be a little less hostile about such things. Ask for clarification if you need to, don't make comments like the "enlarge ego" one.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
No. He was saying that he was the one who asked the question of GameXplain, and he was reiterating their response that there were no Wii U exclusive ATs as far as they could tell.

He then pointed out the question that has been looming before us all: "Why was Isaac cut as an AT?"

Please be a little less hostile about such things. Ask for clarification if you need to, don't make comments like the "enlarge ego" one.
Forgive me, I get antsy every time I see a very badly worded message. Must be my nature.

To answer his question, here are two speculations.
1. Nintendo is preparing to "promote" Isaac into a playable character, perhaps as DLC or an add-on.
2. Nintendo is preparing to phase out Golden Sun.

Speculate away.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Forgive me, I get antsy every time I see a very badly worded message. Must be my nature.

1. Nintendo is preparing to "promote" Isaac into a playable character, perhaps as DLC or an add-on.

Speculate away.
Once the game launches we will have to go on a "Waldo hunt" for Isaac, just to be sure.

We will need to brace ourselves for an onslaught of people lashing out against Isaac fans, since the game comes out in a week and some will try to get our goats (do not all for them).

Speculation Question: What has to be Isaac's pose on the selection screen?

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps his palm out, body turned slightly sideways, but palm and face towards the camera?

My biggest speculation right now though is if Isaac would keep is AT attack, Move, as an attack or not. I can imagine that move making Little Macs very angry. No damage/reflect properties, only push and stunlock. Maybe force Isaac to free fall in the air?

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Assuming Isaac's assist trophy unlock conditions of playing 200 matches would have remained the same from Brawl, what do you guys think the probability is that Game Explain just haven't played that many matches yet?

Although I guess you would think a) they'd be playing it a ton, and b) they would have probably played a bunch of quick matches just to test this. Sooo probably a pointless question... shhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Assuming Isaac's assist trophy unlock conditions of playing 200 matches would have remained the same from Brawl, what do you guys think the probability is that Game Explain just haven't played that many matches yet?

Although I guess you would think a) they'd be playing it a ton, and b) they would have probably played a bunch of quick matches just to test this. Sooo probably a pointless question... shhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:
I got the impression that they had unlocked all ATs, and simply hadn't conducted actual confirmation tests to see if there were new ones.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought he said they didn't unlock any ATs and that he was almost finished with the challenge board.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I thought he said they didn't unlock any ATs and that he was almost finished with the challenge board.
I think he just said he hadn't unlocked any "new" ATs. I never got the impression that he hadn't unlocked any.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah I haven't watched the video yet, but I'll do so. Regardless, good news for Isaac.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I know its not explored in the game, but I thought it took place on Venus Lighthouse. I know you don't visit any lighthouses.
Nope. Nothing takes place around the lighhouses

Speculate away.
Speculation:

The second option is impossible in my opinion. They wouldn't add a sound track of a franchise that they are going to "phase away". If that was the way, they would have simply kept everything the same as Brawl. Norfair sound track and Isaac AT. There are many franchises shown in the game which don't have any hope of a sequel, any time soon.

The way things are progressing are just very weird and to us Isaac fans, possibilities for Golden Sun's future.

It is even weirder that GameXplain specifically said that they haven't found any Wii U exclusive ATs and they doubt there are any. If that is the case, then what is the embargo for? I don't see anything else that will be "oh-so-hidden" after Nintendo has revealed almost everything in their Directs, trailers and Pics of the Day!

Result of Speculation:

Isaac still has a pretty good chance as playable in Smash 4!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nope. Nothing takes place around the lighhouses

Speculation:

The second option is impossible in my opinion. They wouldn't add a sound track of a franchise that they are going to "phase away". If that was the way, they would have simply kept everything the same as Brawl. Norfair sound track and Isaac AT. There are many franchises shown in the game which don't have any hope of a sequel, any time soon.

The way things are progressing are just very weird and to us Isaac fans, possibilities for Golden Sun's future.

It is even weirder that GameXplain specifically said that they haven't found any Wii U exclusive ATs and they doubt there are any. If that is the case, then what is the embargo for? I don't see anything else that will be "oh-so-hidden" after Nintendo has revealed almost everything in their Directs, trailers and Pics of the Day!

Result of Speculation:

Isaac still has a pretty good chance as playable in Smash 4!
The only thing I can think is maybe, just maybe, there are unlockable trailers that show off future characters planned as DLC. Isaac was not in Smash 3DS becaues GS has an icon in Smash Wii U, and having Isaac in Smash 3DS as a trophy would give it away.

Not sure.

EDIT: I legitimately give up talking about Isaac outside of this thread. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
No, because people keep ganging up on me whenever I talk about Isaac. I still blatantly thing Isaac has the BEST chance of any DLC character.
i wouldn't say he has the best out of any DLC character, but i do see him as one of the more likely candidates. but this is sakurai we're talking about, and quite frankly, i don't know if he will even bother with it. i would love to be proven wrong.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
No, because people keep bashing on Isaac when he's brought up. I still blatantly thing Isaac has the BEST chance of any DLC character.
I see K. Rool, Dixie, and Isaac being the only newcomers that have a chance at DLC. I'm not sure why the name Inkling is brought up since that game is not even close to release.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
EDIT: I legitimately give up talking about Isaac outside of this thread. Sheesh.
Same here. Outside this thread and generally outside Smashboards, people are being too critical about Isaac's chances. Plus some are anti-DLC and others just don't care or don't think GS as a good Nintendo series. One of the most overlooked Nintendo franchise!

While honestly Isaac has some of the best chances for an inclusion in Smash 4 as DLC and has the most suspicious circumstances around him!

By the way, this ain't no Golden Sun 4 but I will definitely play this over Mario Tennis anyday! Especially if it has a spin-off storyline like how Mario Tennis: Power Tour had! I found this pic while going through some GS fanart.

art by CrimsonValefor on deviantart

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

art by CrimsonValefor on deviantart
11/10 would play or according to IGN: "9/10 it's ok, needs moar guns"

No, because people keep bashing on Isaac when he's brought up. I still blatantly thing Isaac has the BEST chance of any DLC character.
What? If they were those Shulk fanboys on gamesfaqs I wouldn't be surprised, but why the hell there are still people that don't want Isaac? Oh wait, that's right, the "another swordsman" argument... What is Psynergy, right?

Also, why are there anti-DLC people? DLC only expands and gives you more features to your game (such as stages, trophies, etc.) for a fair price (at least I expect so from Nintendo). Don't want to spend your money? That's fine by you, nobody will force you to buy a DLC pack.

Also, the lack of any exclusive Wii U ATs increases even further Isaac's changes, perhaps the two pieces of song were Sakurai hinting at us: Do not worry, the true blond hero (that ain't you Shulk) of Nintendo will join the fray as a playable.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

What? If they were those Shulk fanboys on gamesfaqs I wouldn't be surprised, but why the hell there are still people that don't want Isaac? Oh wait, that's right, the "another swordsman" argument... What is Psynergy, right?

Also, why are there anti-DLC people? DLC only expands and gives you more features to your game (such as stages, trophies, etc.) for a fair price (at least I expect so from Nintendo). Don't want to spend your money? That's fine by you, nobody will force you to buy a DLC pack.

Also, the lack of any exclusive Wii U ATs increases even further Isaac's changes, perhaps the two pieces of song were Sakurai hinting at us: Do not worry, the true blond hero (that ain't you Shulk) of Nintendo will join the fray as a playable.
No, its people not getting the issue about Isaac's very unusual current situation. A lot of its from the leaks social forum (which I got invited to) and some spread into the General Character Discussion.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Isaac really isn't a Wii U assist trophy then my hopes are going to go way up. Suddenly getting a new song, even if on a non Golden Sun stage becomes a boon because you can't argue that they're just ignoring Golden Sun.

Jeez being a Golden Sun and Smash Bros fan is far from simple. The ride keeps going up and down.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
That's waht i said a few pages ago..The French Webistes and some forums are completly close to DLC's and more even against Isaac. They treat him like trash and everything. In fact here is the only thread i (we) can talk about our fantastic Earth Adept !

Staarih

Smash Master
Talking "trash" is a common thing in speculation scenes and I guess it's more of a thing of wanting your own favorite character in before anyone else. It usually takes all the way until an actual confirmation of a character for it to stop haha! And eventually everyone will end up liking the character anyway. So even if we say the reasons why Isaac, for example, is a likely addition out loud, there's always someone to counter it because, obviously, nothing is set in stone before a confirmation.

That said, I personally haven't seen much hatred towards Isaac, and I believe he still remains as a pretty popular character within the Smash-community, and outside of it. Which is good. And I doubt anyone would actually _mind_ him getting in the game, since it's pretty obvious to everyone that he is deserving - it's just the matter of wanting some other character more for some people, as I stated above. I surely hope Isaac makes it this time, as it's always relieving to have one character less to stress about haha!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I have to ask, did I lend my support already? I know I peep my head in every now and again, but despite not having played Golden Sun (yet - I'm working on it, I promise), I really do think Isaac would be a cool character and I'm with you guys to the end.

Good points you've raised
I'm in that weird and wonderful demographic of people who got their most wanted character relatively early on. Now I'm just happy to support other characters for the sake of their own fans. Getting what you want in the roster is a truly stellar feeling and I want others to be able to experience and appreciate that, even if I have no emotional or ontological connection to the character in question.

From my own experience and discussions about Isaac, people generally seem to be indifferent to him rather than outright hostile. I will admit that I was the same ("he's just another sword user like Marth...he's just another mage knight like Robin") before this thread educated me to the contrary. I think if people knew what he's actually capable of and were more familiar with his abilities and his distinctive character merits, they'd be more inclined to give him the time of day. I agree that, if he's revealed as DLC, all but the die-hard detractors will at least be content to see him.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
The fact that people are much more doubtful of Isaac's chances outside of this thread is what I think should be taken more into consideration when looking at his popularity/likelihood. It is an unfortunate reflection of the community as a whole, and a reminder that we're still a bit of a minority even in the Smash community. I love Isaac as much as the next guy, and he's my current #1 most wanted, but if he were super likely, I feel his series would be in a better place right now, rather than struggling to get 2 songs in the base game, and I think that's how a lot of other people are feeling as well. It's not absolutely damning for his chances, so I'm not saying we should all just lose hope, I'm just saying it's perfectly reasonable cause for doubt. We just live in a little Isaac fandom bubble here, which makes it much harder to see in that way. But then I've argued all of this before, to little effect. Just want to stress that I'm not trying to be a bummer, just taking in the state of affairs on the whole and trying to be realistic about it.

Besides, what fun is a discussion forum where everybody just agrees with each other all day? Gotta have someone play devil's advocate, might as well be me :p *prepares for waves of disagreement*

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac is one of the bigger "fandom bubbles" left though.

The only support (still waiting on their character) I see that's bigger than Isaac right now would be the Ridley, K Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas fanbases.

We're not insignificant. We do have a voice.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The only support (still waiting on their character) I see that's bigger than Isaac right now would be the Ridley, K Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas fanbases.

That's because Golden Sun is still pretty popular. And Ridley's not happening, so that's one hurdle.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Exactly! Our bubble is one of the biggest! There is a reason why we said Big 4! Out of new characters (newcomers so Lucas and Wolf not included) left to be added to the game, Isaac is definitely in the top 4!

Slash that. Now it is top 3 since Mewtwo was confirmed! Or top 2 (Ridley was sorta deconfirmed but I still think he is in limbo)!

In fact, our is one of the nicer fanbases who do not hate on other character inclusions! Heck here we have Shulk fans, K. Rool fans, Wolf fans, Lucas fans and many more! The only inclusion which was annoying was Dark Pit, and ALL of the fanbases thought that.

Not just 11/10! It would be over 9000! :p

And Alex as expected is a "tricky" player not "technique"!

Edit:
*prepares for waves of disagreement*
WooosH!

*Wave of disagreeement*

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I agree with You Lasermaster! I mean in the base i wanted Megaman playable,Shulk and Isaac 2 ot 3 have made it but then i was givins my support on other swiss or french websites for Ridley Mewtwo etc even if they don't really interest me (well actually i would love to see K.Rool too xD) So that's what brings me here because we are all respectful with other characters etc ^^

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The fact that people are much more doubtful of Isaac's chances outside of this thread is what I think should be taken more into consideration when looking at his popularity/likelihood. It is an unfortunate reflection of the community as a whole, and a reminder that we're still a bit of a minority even in the Smash community. I love Isaac as much as the next guy, and he's my current #1 most wanted, but if he were super likely, I feel his series would be in a better place right now, rather than struggling to get 2 songs in the base game, and I think that's how a lot of other people are feeling as well. It's not absolutely damning for his chances, so I'm not saying we should all just lose hope, I'm just saying it's perfectly reasonable cause for doubt. We just live in a little Isaac fandom bubble here, which makes it much harder to see in that way. But then I've argued all of this before, to little effect. Just want to stress that I'm not trying to be a bummer, just taking in the state of affairs on the whole and trying to be realistic about it.

Besides, what fun is a discussion forum where everybody just agrees with each other all day? Gotta have someone play devil's advocate, might as well be me :p *prepares for waves of disagreement*
It's cool. Thanks for putting this into perspective and breaking the vacuous nature of the echo chamber, ahahah~

This is a very, very important point to note. While arguments may be incurred over the status of Golden Sun as a series and whether or not it has any "foreseeable future", the fact of the matter is, it is a cult classic series and has a lot of dedicated fans - the thing is, of course, that this fanbase is relatively small, and yet just as devoted as some of the larger fanbases, perhaps even more so.

In spite of this, Sakurai seems to have covered the "big" series for the most part in the main game (debatable with regards to Donkey Kong and Metroid, but this is not the thread for that), with Mewtwo, largely considered to be a glaring omission, subsequently released for DLC to patch even that hole. What that means, I reckon, is that there's now opportunities for other, possibly less popular or widely regarded, series to get their chance. Now that plenty of characters that were popular and widely speculated before the game's release have been accounted for - e.g. Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man - are in the game, other fanbases become more self-evident and get their time to shine. Golden Sun may not be a big and popular series compared to plenty of others, but as Sabrewulf says, it's among the biggest left over, and now seems to be as good a time as any to get into the spotlight and show Smash what we've got.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh, actually, another quick thing I wanted to note:

Is there any sort of an officially-sanctioned "Isaac for DLC" movement? Plenty of DLC character fanabses have such movements to get the word out and I think it would only help our cause in the long run to follow suit!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Did I miss something? :070:
Everything :p

....what you actually missed is that we found another track from Golden Sun in Smash 4. It plays in Palutena's temple and the tune is Overworld from Golden Sun Dark Dawn. And Isaac's trophy/AT status is still missing. Plus GameXplain has said that they have not found any hidden/unrevealed ATs.

Also the recent "Project M Leak" that @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior posted.

Oh, actually, another quick thing I wanted to note:

Is there any sort of an officially-sanctioned "Isaac for DLC" movement? Plenty of DLC character fanabses have such movements to get the word out and I think it would only help our cause in the long run to follow suit!
Heh? I thought our whole movement post the release of Smash Bros 3DS was Isaac for DLC!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac looks gorgeous
http://i.imgur.com/ZMNCIib.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Q9gQQnY.gif

Any idea on what that sword might be? It's not the Sol Blade, is it?
Yup he looks amazing!

Um sword, sword .... looks like a generic curved sword! Not the Sol Blade that is for sure. Let me check:

It is too thick to be a Shamshir. Plus they are more curved.

It might be based of the Robber's Blade or the Storm Brand which are also curved at the end. It doesn't completely match any though.

So I doubt we will have Meggido... But still he looks awesome! Can't wait for that Project M update!

I can get some Isaac Smash fix before Nintendo decides to include him as DLC :)

Edit:
And the Muramasa is also curved. It clearly has a red aura though.

Plus possible light blades:

Pirate Sword
Corsair's Edge
Pirate's Sabre

As I said it doesn't completely resemble any single sword.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Heh? I thought our whole movement post the release of Smash Bros 3DS was Isaac for DLC!
Oh, of course, but I mean a concerted effort on social meda. Shulk fans had Monado Monday, K. Rool fans have the Kremling Kampaign - do we have anything cool and snazzy like that?

Top Bottom