• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Actually, the Project M team, and others voting on Project M, believe that Isaac has no chance at all for being a DLC character. In the Project M character voting I mentioned that, and I got a ton of replies saying "there's NO WAY Isaac will be DLC in Smash 4." So, yeah, Isaac getting announced as DLC would really screw around with their plans.
It sounds to me like they're just asking for it. To say with such certainty that Isaac won't be dlc.

Nothing against Project M but if Isaac gets announced as an official dlc character for smash 4 I'm not going to be worrying about his future prospects in a mod.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, whatever. If Isaac gets announced as DLC and scrapped from PM he'll still be DLC. If he doesn't get announced as DLC he'll still be in PM.

Isaac fans win either way.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Truth be told, if Isaac gets confirmed as DLC, I will probably overlook Project M, however, considering that they already have his grab and battle stance, I find it silly for they to stop developing Isaac if he gets confirmed, I mean, considering that Isaac gets announced around February and considering that they will have made a significant progress by that time, why would they just gave up on hours of work? I certainly wouldn't.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Lets get one thing straight here though, just because the Project M team is working on Isaac as a character should not mean that Sm4sh shouldn't get Isaac, and vice versa. If anything, it should raise Isaac awareness even more than it is already.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Truth be told, if Isaac gets confirmed as DLC, I will probably overlook Project M, however, considering that they already have his grab and battle stance, I find it silly for they to stop developing Isaac if he gets confirmed, I mean, considering that Isaac gets announced around February and considering that they will have made a significant progress by that time, why would they just gave up on hours of work? I certainly wouldn't.
Because they stated before that they don't want to compete with Nintendo. Any characters they add to Project M would be in competition with Nintendo. They were waiting until Smash Wii U and 3DS's roster was finalized before adding more characters for a reason.

Lets get one thing straight here though, just because the Project M team is working on Isaac as a character should not mean that Sm4sh shouldn't get Isaac, and vice versa. If anything, it should raise Isaac awareness even more than it is already.
Of course. That's not what I was saying at all. Nintendo will add Isaac if they want to add Isaac, regardless of what Project M does. However, Project M does not want to potentially get sued by Nintendo for adding characters that Nintendo is adding in Smash Bros. They would probably remove Isaac, regardless of the work put into him, because they don't want to get shut down by Nintendo.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Well if the leaks are true then they already decided on four of the five new characters before the Smash 4 roster was fully known. The part about not wanting to compete with Nintendo is definitely right though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well if the leaks are true then they already decided on four of the five new characters before the Smash 4 roster was fully known. The part about not wanting to compete with Nintendo is definitely right though.
Its probably because they felt that said characters had no chance of being playable. They were considering Ridley, but opted out of using him because people kept touting him as being a very likely playable character, and the rumors didn't help, either.

EDIT: Also, now someone's trying to argue that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was bad because of VGChartz saying it got 0.73m sales. If Dark Dawn actually sold than many copies, that's an extremely GOOD thing, not a bad thing. What the **** is wrong with this picture?

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Its probably because they felt that said characters had no chance of being playable. They were considering Ridley, but opted out of using him because people kept touting him as being a very likely playable character, and the rumors didn't help, either.
The rumors state that Ridley is still very much in consideration, and work is currently being done on him, though it won't necessarily result in him being chosen as the fifth.

EDIT: Also, now someone's trying to argue that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was bad because of VGChartz saying it got 0.73m sales. If Dark Dawn actually sold than many copies, that's an extremely GOOD thing, not a bad thing. What the **** is wrong with this picture?
Well using sales as a measure for quality is one, using VGChartz is another, and thinking that 730k is poor is a third.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The rumors state that Ridley is still very much in consideration, and work is currently being done on him, though it won't necessarily result in him being chosen as the fifth.

Well using sales as a measure for quality is one, using VGChartz is another, and thinking that 730k is poor is a third.
I still say VGChartz is useful to get a decent estimate, but assume the sales numbers are much lower than VGChartz. Dark Dawn probably sold about 500k, but again, we never got exact numbers so we can't know that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like if the Project M team were so worried about crossing their wires with Nintendo they should have focused on assist trophies like Dillon or Waluigi. (or start working on Ridley because he's been confirmed as a boss)

This whole "throw all your work away at a moments notice" doesn't seem at all efficient or reliable. Smash 4 dlc could potentially give them a serious headache if they're so caught up in with Nintendo is doing.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I still say VGChartz is useful to get a decent estimate, but assume the sales numbers are much lower than VGChartz. Dark Dawn probably sold about 500k, but again, we never got exact numbers so we can't know that.
Well whatever it actually is, I expect it's much less than the first two GS games, but not the bomb that some make it out to be.

I feel like if the Project M team were so worried about crossing their wires with Nintendo they should have focused on assist trophies like Dillon or Waluigi. (or start working on Ridley because he's been confirmed as a boss)
To be fair, Ridley wasn't really confirmed as a boss until a few weeks ago.

Also, they couldn't add Dillon because they're working within the confines of only using characters actually in Brawl, but I get your point.

This whole "throw all your work away at a moments notice" doesn't seem at all efficient or reliable. Smash 4 dlc could potentially give them a serious headache if they're so caught up in with Nintendo is doing.
Well I don't think we know for sure that they would actually throw away months of hard work if Smash 4 gets the same character, it's just speculation for now.

I mean originally we thought they scrapped some of these characters because they were leaked, but it turns out they never did.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well whatever it actually is, I expect it's much less than the first two GS games, but not the bomb that some make it out to be.

To be fair, Ridley wasn't really confirmed as a boss until a few weeks ago.

Also, they couldn't add Dillon because they're working within the confines of only using characters actually in Brawl, but I get your point.

Well I don't think we know for sure that they would actually throw away months of hard work if Smash 4 gets the same character, it's just speculation for now.

I mean originally we thought they scrapped some of these characters because they were leaked, but it turns out they never did.
730k definitely fits the bill, but its probably too high.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Thanks a lot for the instalation video of Project M but i stil have to wait for a PAL release because of my european Wii.

Anywys i think Dark dawn sold over 600k but again we don't have the right numbers.

Wow the members of PM are direct xD They really DON'T want Isaac in Smash 4 xD

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Does anybody know if any event matches that would fit Isaac in SSB4?
Psy VS PSI

Which form of energy is stronger.
Isaac VS Ness (and Lucas if DLC happens)

and Shulk VS Isaac thing doesn't seem to farfetched.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Forget about PM. People will never move on. Yeah it's brawl turned melee with a twist but melee is highly overrated. On the subject at hand why would it matter who PM adds they are already stealing anyway. They put in alot of work....kudos but other than that its like taking any fighting game and making it the version you like. Example: I want ssf4 to be like third strike since its the best. Well everyone has their preference but I can't see how this community will progress when people are stuck on melee is better blah blah. It's disrespectful when you really think about it.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Forget about PM. People will never move on. Yeah it's brawl turned melee with a twist but melee is highly overrated. On the subject at hand why would it matter who PM adds they are already stealing anyway. They put in alot of work....kudos but other than that its like taking any fighting game and making it the version you like. Example: I want ssf4 to be like third strike since its the best. Well everyone has their preference but I can't see how this community will progress when people are stuck on melee is better blah blah. It's disrespectful when you really think about it.
Not really....I mean you do need Brawl in order to play PM, which does give Nintendo more money. PM isn't really stealing either, they aren't profiting from it, it's free.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Woah sorry guys my bud thought it would be funny to try and troll on my account. PM is great and I hope Isaac in it doesn't stop nintendo or vice versa even though I don't see nintendo stopping. If anything it should be a realization to how serious people want Isaac

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Woah sorry guys my bud thought it would be funny to try and troll on my account. PM is great and I hope Isaac in it doesn't stop nintendo or vice versa even though I don't see nintendo stopping. If anything it should be a realization to how serious people want Isaac
Anyway.....#Isaac4Smash #Isaac4PM #Issac4SSF2 #Isaac4PSASBR

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Anyway.....#Isaac4Smash #Isaac4PM #Issac4SSF2 #Isaac4PSASBR
Brilliant. Now if only someone would only start those.

I feel like we aren't getting Isaac enough attention to Nintendo.

I wonder if Nintendo is even aware of our attempts to bring Isaac into Smash...

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Brilliant. Now if only someone would start those.

I wonder if Nintendo is even aware of our attempts to bring Isaac into Smash...
Sakurai: "I wonder who else I should make DLC..." *drinks out of his Isaac mug,while watching the Golden Sun anime, and his Golden Sun TV, while playing Golden Sun in his Golden Sun bed, his his Golden Sun pajamas, while hugging an Isaac plush.* "Hmm...maybe Pichu."

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Man, Isaac in project M.... I can't believe the love that Isaac having with is fanbase.
Project M and Super Smash bros Flash 2. Is amazing.
I need to wait. I want to wait. I want to see the full progress of him, he look good, but he can look better. I want him gove some idle animation too. The thorn work perfect.
Man.. I feel... I feel speechless and Mindblow.

Is just Isaac can be only in Smash 4. It would make my life, Completed. Vs. Shulk, Vs. Ness, Vs. Robin, Vs. Little Mac and Vs. Link. Isaac for DLC CAN BE A THING.

I though Sakurai lie about "We watch some poll and we choose the most popular character to smash bros." I thought he lie because, he din't add mewtwo, Ridley or K. rool.
But I was wrong, He bring with DLC HYPE WITH MEWTWO BEING THE FIRST CHARACTER TO BE ANOUCED BY DLC EVEN THE TIME WERE SAKURAI SAID WE DON'T HAVE PLAN FOR DLC AND OUR MIND WERE FREAKING BLOWAWAY. Was... UNEXPECTED. (And Ridley act like Giga bowser from melee, is big and op but he can be defeated by K.O. and even has a Roll animation and even K.O. explosion instead of exploded himself in middle of the battlefield.)

That why is Isaac get more people, more fanbase and more #IsaacforSmash4. We can get our Isaac in Smash game. The More, the better the chance.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I think I would take a roster with Isaac, Ridley, Sami, Roy, and Wolf (and the other non-SSB4 characters too, I just don't personally care about them) over the (current + Mewtwo) SSB4 one. Though obv they're both good.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Man, Isaac in project M.... I can't believe the love that Isaac having with is fanbase.
Project M and Super Smash bros Flash 2. Is amazing.
I need to wait. I want to wait. I want to see the full progress of him, he look good, but he can look better. I want him gove some idle animation too. The thorn work perfect.
Man.. I feel... I feel speechless and Mindblow.

Is just Isaac can be only in Smash 4. It would make my life, Completed. Vs. Shulk, Vs. Ness, Vs. Robin, Vs. Little Mac and Vs. Link. Isaac for DLC CAN BE A THING.

I though Sakurai lie about "We watch some poll and we choose the most popular character to smash bros." I thought he lie because, he din't add mewtwo, Ridley or K. rool.
But I was wrong, He bring with DLC HYPE WITH MEWTWO BEING THE FIRST CHARACTER TO BE ANOUCED BY DLC EVEN THE TIME WERE SAKURAI SAID WE DON'T HAVE PLAN FOR DLC AND OUR MIND WERE FREAKING BLOWAWAY. Was... UNEXPECTED. (And Ridley act like Giga bowser from melee, is big and op but he can be defeated by K.O. and even has a Roll animation and even K.O. explosion instead of exploded himself in middle of the battlefield.)

That why is Isaac get more people, more fanbase and more #IsaacforSmash4. We can get our Isaac in Smash game. The More, the better the chance.
English, do you speak it? it doesn't look like you do.

Jokes aside, honestly I hate having Mewtwo for Sm4sh. While yeah it is cool to get new characters after release date, it shouldn't begin with a character that was universally hated in Melee. Perhaps it is just my bias toward Isaac showing.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
English, do you speak it? it doesn't look like you do.

Jokes aside, honestly I hate having Mewtwo for Sm4sh. While yeah it is cool to get new characters after release date, it shouldn't begin with a character that was universally hated in Melee. Perhaps it is just my bias toward Isaac showing.
TBH, Unless Sakurai is gonna be resting, I find it a bit suspicious that Mewtwo gets released in Spring...about 5-6 Month from now....it shouldn't take that long to make one character.

#DLCPackWithIsaac

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
TBH, Unless Sakurai is gonna be resting, I find it a bit suspicious that Mewtwo gets released in Spring...about 5-6 Month from now....it shouldn't take that long to make one character.

#DLCPackWithIsaac
*Hype intensifies*

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Whether he was hated in Melee or not (it was mainly by the competitive crowd), Mewtwo still has a large fanbase and was one of the mostly requested characters for SSB4 alongside: King K. Rool, Ridley and Isaac.

Sakurai and Nintendo probably wanted to add a fan favorite to the game to kick things off.

And as @ Plato Xaiver Plato Xaiver stated, it is too much time for Nintendo to focus only one character. I believe that Mewtwo will be part of a DLC pack to go along with him.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Myreal question is....what desgin of Isaac will they use?

His original design.

Or his Lost Age design....most likely his original 14yr old design.

But as lpng as its not his DD Design, i'm alright.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Myreal question is....what desgin of Isaac will they use?

His original design.

Or his Lost Age design....most likely his original 14yr old design.

But as lpng as its not his DD Design, i'm alright.
If we are talking character designs, I would love a Felix/ Matthew alt costume. For some reason, I just don't dig the original 14 years design. But then again you can probably tell what my preferred design would be based on my picture.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
If we are talking character designs, I would love a Felix/ Matthew alt costume. For some reason, I just don't dig the original 14 years design. But then again you can probably tell what my preferred design would be based on my picture.
If Isaac doesn't have a Matthew alt...i'm gonna question Sakurai for life.

And he better be like Shulk and Lucina and colored alts based on other GS characters.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sakurai: "I wonder who else I should make DLC..." *drinks out of his Isaac mug,while watching the Golden Sun anime, and his Golden Sun TV, while playing Golden Sun in his Golden Sun bed, his his Golden Sun pajamas, while hugging an Isaac plush.* "Hmm...maybe Pichu."

I want all that!

And I want #GoldenSunday!!! Guys, let's make this movement more popular (how though?)!

#Isaac4Smash!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ok, I have a question for all you Isaac supporters: in your opinion, does Golden Sun have a "foreseeable" future, or not? I understand that this is a frequent topic of discussion for Isaac debates, and after reading a recent interview with Sakurai where he emphasized this quality, I believe this factor may be the key to determining Isaac's chances as a DLC character.

So, again, does Golden Sun have a "foreseeable" future, and do you think Sakurai would see it as such?

Top Bottom