• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The thing with Dark Dawn is, from what I've heard, most of the party doesn't really do anything and follows Matthew "just because." I'd rather have the party be a mix of the cast from the three games.
Yup. That is the case. They have less reasons to hang around. One character is literally just pushed at us because the plot demands it. The same person gets almost nothing in the game except an extra line each time.

My point is, because they ARE practically the same, it just makes sense to make it default to Isaac anyway. And since they are practically the same, Matthew would probably be an alt of Isaac anyway. In fact, even if they go with Adult Isaac, I think he's barely changed from his kid self:

I haven't played Dark Dawn or GS2, but the rise of the Golden Sun made it so that Isaac doesn't age as quickly. Even then, you don't get much bigger once you hit 17 anyway, so Adult Isaac without a beard would literally be identical to GS2 Isaac. Except maybe more muscular.
Here you go:

How adult Isaac would probably look. I have posted this before as well.

Yes he and the rest of the "Warriors of Vale" have had their aging drastically slowed. Kraden is implied to have completely stopped I don't know why and Alex has also not aged at all. Considering Isaac has the power of the Mars Star (and a part of the Golden Sun) inside him, he should age slower than his friends.

Edit: He has mainly increased in height and probably muscularity.

@ Arcadenik Arcadenik

Refer to one of my posts above on the previous page. I don't just say Matthew is a bad choice over Isaac, I think I have also explained why, fairly well as well. You could fill in the gaps considering you have probably played all 3 games, right?

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Thanks @ LasermasterA LasermasterA , I believe you have just found me a brilliant new pic to use.

It just "makes sense" to make Isaac the default because what?
I believe he means because Isaac is the "face" of Golden Sun. He is one of the only characters to appear (and have a significant role) in all three games.

Wow, I just noticed I got totally ninja'd by yet another awesome picture. Thanks again LasermaserA!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thanks @ LasermasterA LasermasterA , I believe you have just found me a brilliant new pic to use.

I believe he means because Isaac is the "face" of Golden Sun. He is one of the only characters to appear (and have a significant role) in all three games.

Wow, I just noticed I got totally ninja'd by yet another awesome picture. Thanks again LasermaserA!
This, pretty much.

Isaac is the original main protagonist and is the face of Golden Sun. He's been a main playable character in two games, and a major character in all three. He's practically the second main protagonist of GS2, he's the one credited with the events of the first two games in the third, and Isaac is the most influential character overall in the series. Isaac and Matthew are mostly the same as is, so Isaac would most likely be the top credited character of the pair, though since Matthew is so similar, I could easily see Matthew being an alt of Isaac, even if Adult bearded Isaac is used.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac and Matthew are mostly the same as is, so Isaac would most likely be the top credited character of the pair, though since Matthew is so similar, I could easily see Matthew being an alt of Isaac, even if Adult bearded Isaac is used.
That would be so weird.

Cause technically Isaac is meant to be average-ish height wise in Golden Sun 1 and 2, being shorter than Garet, Felix and Piers, only taller than shortie Ivan although Ivan is pretty young (15).

Edit:
A picture to show it.

art on FelixSoapMacTavish's deviantArt page

Matthew is meant to be around the same height so having bearded Isaac as short with Matthew as alt would be off-putting in looks. Likewise if tall bearded Isaac has tall Matthew as an alt.

What if we get bearded Isaac and a future design for Felix? We could get Matthew's costume that way since Isaac and Matthew wear pretty similar clothes in DD. Plus it would indicate future direction of the series :)

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Arcadenik Arcadenik

Refer to one of my posts above on the previous page. I don't just say Matthew is a bad choice over Isaac, I think I have also explained why, fairly well as well. You could fill in the gaps considering you have probably played all 3 games, right?
The Lost Age is the only Golden Sun game I have not played yet. I am waiting for the VC re-release.

I guess to me, it doesn't matter if Isaac was more important than Matthew or vice versa story-wise... because Smash doesn't care about story, only about movesets.... and both would have the same moves in Smash games since they had the same abilities in Golden Sun games anyway... and that's why I am neutral towards them.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
That would be so weird.

What if we get bearded Isaac and a future design for Felix? We could get Matthew's costume that way since Isaac and Matthew wear pretty similar clothes in DD. Plus it would indicate future direction of the series :)
As long as we get the awesome Matthew scarf, I am fine.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This, pretty much.

Isaac is the original main protagonist and is the face of Golden Sun. He's been a main playable character in two games, and a major character in all three. He's practically the second main protagonist of GS2, he's the one credited with the events of the first two games in the third, and Isaac is the most influential character overall in the series. Isaac and Matthew are mostly the same as is, so Isaac would most likely be the top credited character of the pair, though since Matthew is so similar, I could easily see Matthew being an alt of Isaac, even if Adult bearded Isaac is used.
So... like the Marth of Golden Sun series, right? I can understand that.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
As long as we get the awesome Matthew scarf, I am fine.
Haha yea. Anyway the scarf is Isaac's so he takes it back for Smash.

By the way, nice avatar :p

I was considering putting it before but I wanted to go with younger Isaac as my theme rather than the bearded badass version.

Edit:
I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxi6E8N5vk

it's at 3:22.
Yes, we know his name is possible for the "randomly" generated names. Krool was an option in Brawl so it doesn't mean much from that perspective but still nice to see it there nonetheless.

P.S. Sorry bad habit of too many edits.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That would be so weird.

Cause technically Isaac is meant to be average-ish height wise in Golden Sun 1 and 2, being shorter than Garet, Felix and Piers, only taller than shortie Ivan although Ivan is pretty young (15).

Matthew is meant to be around the same height so having bearded Isaac as short with Matthew as alt would be off-putting in looks. Likewise if tall bearded Isaac has tall Matthew as an alt.

See, just think about this for a moment.

Isaac is 17 in GS2, correct?

Once you hit 17, you don't really grow any taller. Children are very often the same height as their parents, and sometimes they get taller, too.

In the case of Matthew, he's 17. *checks* Ok, 16. He could plausibly grow a bit.

But overall, Isaac SHOULD NOT be much taller than Matthew in Dark Dawn, if at all. Even if he's shown to be taller, he really shouldn't be.

So... like the Marth of Golden Sun series, right? I can understand that.
Basically, yes, except Isaac does appear in all games.

I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxi6E8N5vk

it's at 3:22.
Yeah, we know. I don't see the point. Why does a random name matter? Isaac is even a fairly common name.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
See, just think about this for a moment.

Isaac is 17 in GS2, correct?

Once you hit 17, you don't really grow any taller. Children are very often the same height as their parents, and sometimes they get taller, too.

In the case of Matthew, he's 17. *checks* Ok, 16. He could plausibly grow a bit.

But overall, Isaac SHOULD NOT be much taller than Matthew in Dark Dawn, if at all. Even if he's shown to be taller, he really shouldn't be.
I see where this is going but it depends. I have seen people grow taller at 17 as well. By a sizeable amount.

In Dark Dawn, Isaac is shown to be around Garet's height. Assuming Garet didn't grow much taller, that is still pretty much more than his original height. Considering Garet has all those spikey hair to add a couple of centimetres to his height.

Plus even in the official art, if you compare them, Isaac is pretty tall.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Actually, GS already had an AT in the previous game. In theory, if he thinks the series has a foreseeable future, he may have decided to leave the option open for it to get a character added as DLC.
Theoretically sure. But if he thought the series had a foreseeable future he also could've just given it a character. I mean the series is already established, it's not one that has yet to prove itself like Splatoon.

In theory, he definitely might be developing a GS character as DLC. In theory. And it very well might be true, but given what we know for sure now, and not just outcomes that we can theorize it doesn't look like he thought the series merited much content at all.

So, from my understanding, it's very possible that Golden Sun could receive a new installment in the future?

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I feel a little bit more confident that Isaac (or Matthew, I guess) has a real chance at being a DLC character now. ;)
Keep in mind you did ask the thread inhabited by the most biased people on the site when it comes to Isaac. Just like any individual character thread really.

Not to say they're super duper wrong, but take our sentiments and notch down the likelihood of everything we say by about 10-15%. :smirk:

He is the face of the series, his games were the popular ones, he's the character with demand and support, he's been the most major character playable more than once, and he's appeared in every game in the series...

Matthew only has recency. Typically Sakurai goes for the Marth type before the current flavour.

Really it only comes down to a name and a slightly different appearance though.

And yeah I know this has already been answered pretty thoroughly, but I was playing catch up. :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Except we know there are no Wii U exclusive AT's. GameExplain has unlocked almost EVERYTHING in the game and saw no signs of additional AT's at all. We've been talking about this for the past several pages now.
My guess is that, along with other updates (because a NDA is rather useless), they are going to be a day one patch.
Sakurai stated long ago that not all ATs were the same between each version, though I admit I am paraphrasing.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My guess is that, along with other updates (because a NDA is rather useless), they are going to be a day one patch.
Sakurai stated long ago that not all ATs were the same between each version, though I admit I am paraphrasing.
Sakurai stated that the AT's would mostly be the same between versions. He never said there would be exclusive AT's to one version or the other. Thing is, "mostly the same" can apply to how they work as well. Some AT's are probably slightly different on Wii U because it can handle them better.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Why? Why go to that effort when all that other stuff is simply under embargo? It'd be unnecessary for Nintendo to go out of their way enforcing an embargo when they just have plans to release content via a patch, which itself isn't something commonly done unless there are bugs found before release. Certainly not just to add content that could've just been included as it is. Why not just make the stages currently under embargo part of the patch as well then?

And Sakurai didn't say there would be exclusive ATs, he said there might be differences between versions. And it doesn't look like there are.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sakurai stated that the AT's would mostly be the same between versions. He never said there would be exclusive AT's to one version or the other. Thing is, "mostly the same" can apply to how they work as well. Some AT's are probably slightly different on Wii U because it can handle them better.
This may be the direct statement, which means they are not the same, it was in either sense a clear meaning that there were in fact differences. You are correct in that it could be how they function; so does anyone notice differences?

Why? Why go to that effort when all that other stuff is simply under embargo? It'd be unnecessary for Nintendo to go out of their way enforcing an embargo when they just have plans to release content via a patch, which itself isn't something commonly done unless there are bugs found before release. Certainly not just to add content that could've just been included as it is. Why not just make the stages currently under embargo part of the patch as well then?

And Sakurai didn't say there would be exclusive ATs, he said there might be differences between versions. And it doesn't look like there are.
Because an embargo is easily broken, a patch is very easy work to keep a lot of content hidden, and it makes sure that secrets are kept until the release day.
We also are 100 percent guaranteed to get a patch on the first day of the game; we had one for the 3DS, and it has been confirmed to have one to even launch the DL copy of the Wii U game, of which, we do not know what else would be on it. Perhaps the Miiverse stage, perhaps other content?

However, to hide content in an actual means (even just to unlock that which may currently be on the disc) does not seem in the slightest bit like a stretch to me.
I'm not claiming it is true, I just think assuming we have seen everything because a few people have played the game is ridiculous. It actually proves my point above further, because obviously GameXplain and others are not breaking the NDA in stating 'no Wii U exclusive ATs,' which shows people will be giving out information as much as possible. The game is out to these people to boost hype and sales, not to give away the secrets for everyone playing, and yet we are trying still to squeeze every detail possible out of them in any way possible. Of course some details could be better concealed than a contractual obligation to "pretty please not tell." Just ask beanman.

As far as Matthew alt, I doubt it. I think the likely alt would be a bearded Isaac, because he actually looks more unique to young/original Isaac than Matthew does.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Because an embargo is easily broken, a patch is very easy work to keep a lot of content hidden, and it makes sure that secrets are kept until the release day.
We also are 100 percent guaranteed to get a patch on the first day of the game; we had one for the 3DS, and it has been confirmed to have one to even launch the DL copy of the Wii U game, of which, we do not know what else would be on it. Perhaps the Miiverse stage, perhaps other content?

However, to hide content in an actual means (even just to unlock that which may currently be on the disc) does not seem in the slightest bit like a stretch to me.
I'm not claiming it is true, I just think assuming we have seen everything because a few people have played the game is ridiculous. It actually proves my point above further, because obviously GameXplain and others are not breaking the NDA in stating 'no Wii U exclusive ATs,' which shows people will be giving out information as much as possible. The game is out to these people to boost hype and sales, not to give away the secrets for everyone playing, and yet we are trying still to squeeze every detail possible out of them in any way possible. Of course some details could be better concealed than a contractual obligation to "pretty please not tell." Just ask beanman.
Yes, a patch would keep things hidden, but that's clearly not the route Nintendo has taken with the majority of the content so far, they've chosen an embargo, as pretty much every company does. Yes, there are usually day 1 patches, but those are to smooth out kinks and fix glitches or bugs, not to add entirely new chunks of content. The Miiverse stage might be an exception, but that would be because, like they said, it's not ready, not because they're trying to keep it hidden. I mean the 3DS didn't add any new content with its day 1 patch. And since Nintendo has clearly chosen to go the way of the embargo with almost everything, making the ATs available through a patch makes little sense, it'd be an arbitrary selection to make when that doesn't seem to be the case with stages or music or anything else.

Really it just seems like straw-grasping to explain why more ATs haven't been seen, when the clear answer is either they're really hard or time-consuming to unlock (unlikely), or there just aren't any exclusive ones. As Sakurai never said there definitely would be, I'm inclined to think that's the case here. They're just ATs after all, one part of one item. Not really something worth patching in when most everything else seems to already be there.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes, a patch would keep things hidden, but that's clearly not the route Nintendo has taken with the majority of the content so far, they've chosen an embargo, as pretty much every company does. Yes, there are usually day 1 patches, but those are to smooth out kinks and fix glitches or bugs, not to add entirely new chunks of content. The Miiverse stage might be an exception, but that would be because, like they said, it's not ready, not because they're trying to keep it hidden. I mean the 3DS didn't add any new content with its day 1 patch. And since Nintendo has clearly chosen to go the way of the embargo with almost everything, making the ATs available through a patch makes little sense, it'd be an arbitrary selection to make when that doesn't seem to be the case with stages or music or anything else.

Really it just seems like straw-grasping to explain why more ATs haven't been seen, when the clear answer is either they're really hard or time-consuming to unlock (unlikely), or there just aren't any exclusive ones. As Sakurai never said there definitely would be, I'm inclined to think that's the case here. They're just ATs after all, one part of one item. Not really something worth patching in when most everything else seems to already be there.
Actually, it wasn't confirmed that Miiverse was a Day 1 Patch. In fact, it most likely is not. They said it won't be "ready for release." A Day 1 Patch means its ready for release.

I don't think there's going to be a Day 1 Patch adding in new content. There MIGHT be a patch weeks down the road adding new content (Miiverse is confirmed to be as such), but not a Day 1 patch.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that wasn't really the point of my post. DukeNapoleon was the one to bring up the Miiverse stage as day 1 patch content and I didn't remember when the stage would be available, that's why I said might.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

There is absolutely nothing straw grasping about hiding content; the notion of straw grasping is in relation to trying to go to any means to hold onto the slightest amount of hold onto what may remain to a point; on the contrary, I am actually doing the opposite, I am presenting extremely plausible (which is not the same as likely, just logically sound) reasons as to why Isaac actually could still be an Assist Trophy in this game, which of course, I would not want.

There is no game Nintendo has released this generation that has merited as much secrecy as Super Smash brothers, a game that the creator himself prides on adding elements for the sheer sake of surprise. I am not stating trophies are the only thing that could or would be a downloaded patch- anything COULD be. Unlike your statements that it "makes no sense," I beg to differ that it actually makes far more sense than an embargo, which relies on people just holding to their word. Whether or not Nintendo takes this route, it is clearly a very sensible way to make sure content is not leaked.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
This may be the direct statement, which means they are not the same, it was in either sense a clear meaning that there were in fact differences. You are correct in that it could be how they function; so does anyone notice differences?

As far as Matthew alt, I doubt it. I think the likely alt would be a bearded Isaac, because he actually looks more unique to young/original Isaac than Matthew does.
Sounds logical enough.

Well we had considered patches to add content but mainly for the 3DS version. But like @ Dizzy_Fool Dizzy_Fool said, Nintendo has not used patches to hide content so far but embargos.

It would be cool though if we get unexpected characters.

And bearded Isaac definitely is more unique than Matthew. Maybe it could kind of be like Little Mac and hooded Little Mac. Young Isaac and bearded Isaac :)

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I can proudly declare that we passed the Bandana Dee thread over the course of the day. Good job, everyone!

In terms of posts, that is.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Cool thing right? I was going to urge you all to cross the Bandana Dee thread but we did it unwittingly :)

And I forgot about mentioning it on the thread!

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
There is absolutely nothing straw rasping about hiding content; the notion of straw grasping is in relation to trying to go to any means to hold onto the slightest amount of hold onto what may remain to a point; on the contrary, I am actually doing the opposite, I am presenting extremely plausible (which is not the same as likely, just logically sound) reasons as to why Isaac actually could still be an Assist Trophy in this game, which of course, I would not want.

There is no game Nintendo has released this generation that has merited as much secrecy as Super Smash brothers, a game that the creator himself prides on adding elements for the sheer sake of surprise. I am not stating trophies are the only thing that could or would be a downloaded patch- anything COULD be. Unlike your statements that it "makes no sense," I beg to differ that it actually makes far more sense than an embargo, which relies on people just holding to their word. Whether or not Nintendo takes this route, it is clearly a very sensible way to make sure content is not leaked.
Right, but it wasn't straw grasping about remaining hidden content, it was straw grasping at explaining why no further ATs have been seen or reported on. Logically the practice of patching content might be sound, but in this case, it is neither logical nor likely.

I mean why would ATs be patched in when nothing else would be? Nintendo has clearly already gone the route of embargoing hidden content, not having it absent from the game and filling it in later. That's why it's straw-graspy, because Nintendo has already shown how they're handling hidden content, and you're suggesting with one specific area they'll just do it a different way. For what reason? The ATs aren't really that major a part of the game, at least not compared to fighters and stages and modes.

I mean just because something could happen, just because it's in the realm of possibility doesn't mean suggesting that it will isn't grasping at straws.

And patching content in may make sense (though there's a reason game companies don't seem to do it often unless it's to fix the game) but in this situation, the situation in where Nintendo has chosen a method that isn't patching in content, suggesting that they still will for one part of one item, doesn't. They'd just embargo it like they have everything else. Why do two methods when you can just do one?

I'm not speaking in generalities, in this situation patching ATs into the game that are already complete on Day 1 just doesn't make sense. In general... it might make logical sense, sure, but companies still use embargoes much more than patches (for Day 1 content that is). I do know that each patch costs the company quite a bit of money (obviously nothing the big companies can't spare), but if it was the more logically sound choice, why don't companies do it as often as simply embargoing the game? That sort of suggests that simply embargoing the game is the easier option for them.

Nothing in particular?
I mean, does it really matter? Isaac doesn't have some existing "hitting the screen" pose like Kirby or anything.

What do you want me to say? His left arm should be at 57 degrees or something? How do you describe Marth or Link or someone bumping against the screen? I imagine Isaac would be similar.

I can proudly declare that we passed the Bandana Dee thread over the course of the day. Good job, everyone!

In terms of posts, that is.
Hadn't we already passed them in most other terms anyway?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I mean, does it really matter? Isaac doesn't have some existing "hitting the screen" pose like Kirby or anything.

What do you want me to say? His left arm should be at 57 degrees or something? How do you describe Marth or Link or someone bumping against the screen? I imagine Isaac would be similar.
Just curious about what you believe Isaac's Screen K.O. would be. I believe it would be a little different from Marth and Link, since Isaac has no shield. Probably hitting the screen with both hands against it.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I guess. I mean how much can you say about any of them really? It's only an instant of the character hitting the screen. Other than Kirby, who takes his from Triple Deluxe.

It's like, if they have something special, like Kirby or like Mega Man's little death explosion, use it, but otherwise it all just seems pretty standard.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm gone for a day and this thread gets 2 more pages, nice.

I love all the Golden Sun protagonists, from the favorite to the least favorite: Isaac > Matthew > Felix.

Ok, so as I said before, I think that Isaac's alt should be Matthew, because they are pratically the same, so it would fit well. As for Felix, I see him fitting more as a clone (stronger, but slower), unfortunaly, we are struggling to get a single GS rep, so I don't see we getting a clone, but it would be awesome.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I'd suspect that if we got Isaac Matthew would be the alt and Felix can replace Isaac as the AT, same effect and all.

Dunno how likely that is now, but... seems like that'd be the best way of implementing them imo.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I see where this is going but it depends. I have seen people grow taller at 17 as well. By a sizeable amount.

In Dark Dawn, Isaac is shown to be around Garet's height. Assuming Garet didn't grow much taller, that is still pretty much more than his original height. Considering Garet has all those spikey hair to add a couple of centimetres to his height.

Plus even in the official art, if you compare them, Isaac is pretty tall.
My brothers grew to 21 and they're about 5'10 and 5'11, i'm 18 5'8. so i'm not sure about the 17 thing.

I really don't know if we can justify Isaac and Mathew being the same height since we don't have any data on their height and weight to be honest.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Right, but it wasn't straw grasping about remaining hidden content, it was straw grasping at explaining why no further ATs have been seen or reported on. Logically the practice of patching content might be sound, but in this case, it is neither logical nor likely.

I mean why would ATs be patched in when nothing else would be? Nintendo has clearly already gone the route of embargoing hidden content, not having it absent from the game and filling it in later. That's why it's straw-graspy, because Nintendo has already shown how they're handling hidden content, and you're suggesting with one specific area they'll just do it a different way. For what reason? The ATs aren't really that major a part of the game, at least not compared to fighters and stages and modes.

I mean just because something could happen, just because it's in the realm of possibility doesn't mean suggesting that it will isn't grasping at straws.

And patching content in may make sense (though there's a reason game companies don't seem to do it often unless it's to fix the game) but in this situation, the situation in where Nintendo has chosen a method that isn't patching in content, suggesting that they still will for one part of one item, doesn't. They'd just embargo it like they have everything else. Why do two methods when you can just do one?

I'm not speaking in generalities, in this situation patching ATs into the game that are already complete on Day 1 just doesn't make sense. In general... it might make logical sense, sure, but companies still use embargoes much more than patches (for Day 1 content that is). I do know that each patch costs the company quite a bit of money (obviously nothing the big companies can't spare), but if it was the more logically sound choice, why don't companies do it as often as simply embargoing the game? That sort of suggests that simply embargoing the game is the easier option for them.

Hadn't we already passed them in most other terms anyway?
As I stated, I'm not suggesting just for ATs, I'm suggesting it, as applicable in this particular conversation, for AT.
Your point about a patch costing money is already something that we can refute, because we were told a day 1 patch is happening for the Wii U version, with at least the data to allow the pre-DL customers to play. If nothing else, it would likely contain MORE, so that it does not, in fact, waste money.

Also, as far as embargoes go, it would make absolutely no sense for Nintendo NOT to have one in place. It may very well be the last remaining means that any content is kept hidden from the public, but the creator of this game quite literally changed the entire set up of the game, removing a one player story mode, because he felt the contents were spoiled for people were not playing the game. I think considering the possibility that he knew an embargo would not keep all contents from being revealed (as we have seen, via beanman, or GameXplain telling us about ATs, or in a plethora of other ways) is the practical option here. It may not be what comes to pass, but denying past methods of operation as a likelihood simply because they may not be the most likely is a ludicrous practice. It may not abide by Occam's Razor, but it certainly must be considered in any courtroom.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The thing with Dark Dawn is, from what I've heard, most of the party doesn't really do anything and follows Matthew "just because." I'd rather have the party be a mix of the cast from the three games.
Not exactly. There are pretty good reasons for a lot of them. The initial cast is actually the weakest in that regard.

There's no real reason for Tyrell, other than Garet finally getting sick of his stupidity and foisting him off on an adventure (really, who can blame him?).

Karis is there to keep Tyrell on track (because Matthew can't, since he doesn't speak).

Rief is there to meet back up with Kraden, and offer some insight into the ancient machines and ruins.

Amiti, Sveta, Eoleo, and Himi all actually have pretty awesome reasons to tag along. The big problem with them is that you get them so late in the game (Himi especially). In the first games, you got an entire game to adapt to each party's quirks before getting hit with the full team. In Dark Dawn, you spend most of the game with The Idiot and Miss Exposition, and by the time you get the more awesome characters, there aren't enough scenes left to develop them. Plus, having a roster that large means that each individual character gets less development time because the scenes are diluted across a greater number of characters.

The starting party really is very weak in their reasons to tag along. They also aren't as strong in terms of characterization as the newcomers you get later. They feel a bit cliché, and frequently can be annoying. Karis gets mad at Matthew several times for no real reason, Rief is naïve or weak half the time, and Tyrell is... Tyrell. Way, WAY too stupid of a character. Never should have been put into the game.

Anyway, the question was asked "Does Golden Sun have a forseeable future?"

It had better, if Camelot knows what's good for it.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly. There are pretty good reasons for a lot of them. The initial cast is actually the weakest in that regard.

There's no real reason for Tyrell, other than Garet finally getting sick of his stupidity and foisting him off on an adventure (really, who can blame him?).

Karis is there to keep Tyrell on track (because Matthew can't, since he doesn't speak).
Not quite. Tyrell is there because he's the one who broke Ivan's glider, and Karis is there because she's the daughter of Ivan.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I want to know what these Tuaparang guys are, besides Blados and Chalis, we know they were nothing, but losers, but alot of these guys go around wearing all that armor and they wear masks thus hiding if they are even human or not, just who are they?

Could they actually be Proxians?

Who is High Emperor?

Was we supposed to think it was probably Alex knowing how is known for deception like in the first two games when actually Alex is actually against them?

Is it Felix?

Has Felix actually turned heel on us?

So many questions unanswered.

I'd prefer to actually continue the Golden Sun saga as Alex in a Zelda like adventure game.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm kinda interested in Lemuria.

-----------------------

But as far as music tracks go only Dark Dawn and Lost Age have been represented. So yeah. Nothing really on The Broken Seal(GS1).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
You! I like you!

*waves his little Felix flag in the corner while everyone else argues about Matthew and adult Isaac*
Oi dude!

I am all for having Felix as an alt for Isaac rather than Matthew. I think that was what I was going on about for my last 3-4 posts.

*Raises Felix flag as well*

Top Bottom