• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Since Brawl I was of the opinion that Isaac being a assist and the music track being "Felix's Battle Theme" alongside the Doom Dragon might have suggested Felix was once considered as a character.

Guess it didn't pan out. Mind you Dark Dawn wasn't around and Lost Age was the latest game in the series at the time.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Since Brawl I was of the opinion that Isaac being a assist and the music track being "Felix's Battle Theme" alongside the Doom Dragon might have suggested Felix was once considered as a character.

Guess it didn't pan out. Mind you Dark Dawn wasn't around and Lost Age was the latest game in the series at the time.
Man, I can already imagine it. Felix in Brawl instead of Meta Knight. Would have saved the competitive scene, and even paved the way for more GS characters!

... A guy can dream, right?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Several Golden Sun characters were actually planned for Brawl. Isaac, Felix (Isaac clone), and Jenna. They were designed to be the counter-balance to Meta Knight, putting something on his tier level. They were cut for some unknown reason. :(

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Man, I can already imagine it. Felix in Brawl instead of Meta Knight. Would have saved the competitive scene, and even paved the way for more GS characters!

... A guy can dream, right?
Yea but it still would have been weird to have Felix without Isaac as alt.

Especially after that revelation at the end of Golden Sun 2 where Isaac becomes even more important than he already was.

By the way, we are almost to 9k posts and soon 10k!!! Keep the support coming guys :)

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ LasermasterA LasermasterA
Do you have source images for the pics in your sig? Because they look awesome, and oddly enough, I haven't seen them before.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
@ LasermasterA LasermasterA
Do you have source images for the pics in your sig? Because they look awesome, and oddly enough, I haven't seen them before.
if I wanted to be a flamer, I'd tell you to Google. But you're more likely able to find some at art hosting sites. *shudder* deviantart or tumbler.

That is, Unless @ LasermasterA LasermasterA will disclose his sources.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
if I wanted to be a flamer, I'd tell you to Google. But you're more likely able to find some at art hosting sites. *shudder* deviantart or tumbler.

That is, Unless @ LasermasterA LasermasterA will disclose his sources.
Actually, all of them are official art. I keep finding pics from around the Internet and save 'em. I have indeed found many pieces on deviantArt, some on Tumblr and other sites. Plus other Golden Sun fans :)

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12

Here you go:

Team fight, Isaac summons! -

Isaac, Garet and Mia -

Isaac summons Procne -

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Thank you for that art @ LasermasterA LasermasterA , I actually spent some time yesterday searching for official/good GS art but didn't have much luck haha!

Anyway, I'm sure this topic has come up before since the thread is over 200 pages long, but what do you think Isaac's taunts and victory theme could be?

I don't have a good imagination haha but I figured one taunt could have some Djinn appear and fly around Isaac for a little while, then disappearing again. Maybe another one could be him demonstrating Psynergy with the animation he has in the games while using it. I was trying to remember if Isaac has any specific battle poses, but I guess it depends on the weapon. But a pretty notable one is where he raises his sword, so that could work as a taunt too.

As for the victory theme, all I can come up with is the jingle after you win a battle. It's pretty basic but it works, and is used throughout the games as a victory theme anyway.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
As for Isaac's taunt they could be:
Up Taunt - The YES icon that appears in the games.
Side Taunt - Isaac puts his sword in the back while his scarf flys with the wind.
Down Taunt - Isaac shows off Flint on his shoulder and then Flint turns into a Psyenergy orb and enters Isaac again.

His victory theme could be a sped-up version of the title screen from Golden Sun one.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Side Taunt - Isaac puts his sword in the back while his scarf flys with the wind.
Down Taunt - Isaac shows off Flint on his shoulder and then Flint turns into a Psyenergy orb and enters Isaac again.

His victory theme could be a sped-up version of the title screen from Golden Sun one.
Well, I honestly figured the Victory would just be the end battle jingle from the first game. That's usually what it is.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

I happened to come across this fan-made victory theme for Isaac a few months back and I really love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHVnfkg9eI

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Simple but effective i like this fan-made victory theme =)

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So a random thought occurred to me on a possible moveset. Specifically a Down B special. For some reason I think we could pull from the almighty Dullahan and give Isaac or a possible GS rep "Element Swap" which would completely change the rest of his specials and or attacks. It would kinda work like Shulk's Monado Arts except there would be no time limit, basically changing a moveset based on the situation. We could probably integrate a couple of Djinn classes this way. Say having your base Earth class, your heavy physical class, and a pure mage class. Or just swap what element you use.

Would be interesting. Has potential I think.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So a random thought occurred to me on a possible moveset. Specifically a Down B special. For some reason I think we could pull from the almighty Dullahan and give Isaac or a possible GS rep "Element Swap" which would completely change the rest of his specials and or attacks. It would kinda work like Shulk's Monado Arts except there would be no time limit, basically changing a moveset based on the situation. We could probably integrate a couple of Djinn classes this way. Say having your base Earth class, your heavy physical class, and a pure mage class. Or just swap what element you use.

It would be interesting but I think its just too complicated.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
It would be interesting but I think its just too complicated.
Yeah, we all know how "good" Shulk turned out to be in competitive play. They wanted to nerf him because they thought he would be too strong, so they made him have really slow attacks.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I happened to come across this fan-made victory theme for Isaac a few months back and I really love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHVnfkg9eI
Yea I remember you posting it. Around the 100th page or something.

Sounds amazing :) But it will probably a bit too complicated. Much more than Shulk.

Although I would love it if you can change classes. Master! Ronin! Paladin!

It would probably be better to give him other element moves as custom moves, like what Palutena got. Or just incorporate multi-elemental class moves in the main set:

Punji Strike
Thunderhead
Quick Strike
Death Leap
Plume Edge
Planetary!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
For a recovery move there is always Retreat Psynergy(possibly move around as particles that can't be hit for like 2 seconds) or an attack that involves a jump.

Thoughts on recovery based moves?

As a Grab recovery we could maybe implement Catch Psynergy as a Tether Grab of sorts.

Although I kinda want to have retreat used in his rolls too.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
For a recovery move there is always Retreat Psynergy(possibly move around as particles that can't be hit for like 2 seconds) or an attack that involves a jump.

As a Grab recovery we could maybe implement Catch Psynergy as a Tether Grab of sorts.

We did consider using Sand as a good dodge roll. It would be really nice to turn into sand and materialize behind the opponent.

Retreat would kind of be like Teleport that Zelda has I guess. Or he could just do Plume Edge or something :) Or he simply summons a boulder beneath his feet and shoots it up.

Or Whirlwind to shoot him back up! There are tons of options. Somewhat less if you limit him to Venus psynergy alone but a lot. We have discussed a lot about this in the past.

D

Deleted member

Oi dude!

I am all for having Felix as an alt for Isaac rather than Matthew. I think that was what I was going on about for my last 3-4 posts.

*Raises Felix flag as well*

I am always for Felix being involved in the game, but as usual, I want Isaac to bust through the glass ceiling and allow Golden Sun more representaiton.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
We did consider using Sand as a good dodge roll. It would be really nice to turn into sand and materialize behind the opponent.

Retreat would kind of be like Teleport that Zelda has I guess. Or he could just do Plume Edge or something :) Or he simply summons a boulder beneath his feet and shoots it up.

Or Whirlwind to shoot him back up! There are tons of options. Somewhat less if you limit him to Venus psynergy alone but a lot. We have discussed a lot about this in the past.
I think Adepts have a lot of Potential since you have 4 elements to pull from. Which all have a ton of Psynergy attacks to pull from. I kinda want Star Mine as a Side B as a callback to the Star Magician.

Another idea might be Weapon Unleashes(Crit chance) on smash attacks.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358

How about Megiddo for a recovery, could work like Ike's recovery.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It's a possibility, however how would one account for the giant fireball unless we make Megiddo complete super armor and have the GS rep completely enveloped in it. Or maybe emulate Ridley's Fire ball where when it hits the ground it has a stage wide shockwave.

I would hope it went Diagonally up and then diagonally down.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's a bit generic for Isaac.

I still say that Isaac should just lift a rock with a flat top beneath his feet.

I imagine him doing this pose:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080305060055/goldensun/images/b/be/IsaacPromo.jpg

and a piece of the ground breaks off and lifts him up. Think Terra from Teen Titans.

Technically its not any actual Psynergy, but they could just call it "Lift."

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I mean it honestly seems more apt as a Final Smash even if I want Judgment or Catastrophe as a FS.

Megiddo

Could just go the basic route and go EarthQuake or Gaia.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
It's a possibility, however how would one account for the giant fireball unless we make Megiddo complete super armor and have the GS rep completely enveloped in it. Or maybe emulate Ridley's Fire ball where when it hits the ground it has a stage wide shockwave.

I would hope it went Diagonally up and then diagonally down.
Yes, well I didn't think about that :(
But if he would get a tether recovery, I believe it could very well be growth, I think so anyways

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

I was thinking that Isaac could have Lift as his Up Special but it would act a bit different than it does in Golden Sun. Once activated, a Psynergy hand forms under Isaac's feet and acts as a platform allowing Isaac to use his 2 jumps again. So it would kinda be like Pacman's just without the trampoline effect. After a few seconds the hand gives off a small shockwave as it disappears which can damage other characters if they are to close and of course Isaac can't summon another Lift if one hand is already activated.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I was thinking that Isaac could have Lift as his Up Special but it would act a bit different than it does in Golden Sun. Once activated, a Psynergy hand forms under Isaac's feet and acts as a platform allowing Isaac to use his 2 jumps again. So it would kinda be like Pacman's just without the trampoline effect. After a few seconds the hand gives off a small shockwave as it disappears which can damage other characters if they are to close and of course Isaac can't summon another Lift if one hand is already activated.
How about Lift acts just like Master Hand's gold cards? Except you only have 1 at a time to use?

D

Deleted member

I want to know what these Tuaparang guys are, besides Blados and Chalis, we know they were nothing, but losers, but alot of these guys go around wearing all that armor and they wear masks thus hiding if they are even human or not, just who are they?

Could they actually be Proxians?

Who is High Emperor?

Was we supposed to think it was probably Alex knowing how is known for deception like in the first two games when actually Alex is actually against them?

Is it Felix?

Has Felix actually turned heel on us?

So many questions unanswered.

I'd prefer to actually continue the Golden Sun saga as Alex in a Zelda like adventure game.
I think the Tuaparang are different from the Proxians, but at one time in ancient history, they might have worked together.

In fact, is the Tuaparang from Weyard? Have they lived in some unexplored part of the world (and, given how Hesparia and Atteka are mostly bare, possible), or does their machinery aid in them living beyond the edges of Gaia Falls?

And, the High Empyror is interesting, but I doubt it's Felix. He may look like he worked for the bad guys, but he is a good, if not pragmatic, person to have on your side. I still feel like his disappearance was more or less based on soul searching, and for all we know, he probably wasn't alone, since Sheba has no mention on her whearabouts.

Still, very tantalizing. God, I hope GS4 comes out soon.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Obviously the Tuaparang live on the Moon. I dunno.
No, the people of Anemos live on the moon. Before Alchemy was sealed within the four lighthouses, the people of Anemos raised their city into the sky in order to preserve their power and culture. Said city then became the moon. That's why the people of Garoh would turn into wolves at night; by looking at the moon, they were infused with its powerful Jupiter psynergy, causing them to transform.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Obviously the Tuaparang live on the Moon. I dunno.
Um the moon is the city of Anemos which was lifted up from the ground. You can even see the crater besides Contigo.

I got :4greninja:'d by Altais.

Although you are slightly wrong. It is never mentioned that by looking at the moon they are infused with Jupiter psynergy. They work like regular werewolves, turning into the beast form during full moon. They get this ability due to being exposed to miniature psynergy crystals from Air's Rock which were transmitted through the winds. Thus they have Jupiter psynergy and the weird mutation. Funnily enough, everyone else hit by a psynergy rock on the head just gets powers but these guys are turned into psynergy capable were-beasts.

Back to Tuaparang:
There is obviously no way that Felix can be the High Empyror, that is just a conspiracy. The Tuaparang were introduced as completely different people and possibly remnants of some ancient civilization.

Chalis has horns in case anyone forgot. Plus I don't think that Arcanus would work under Felix.

Plus Felix is a good guy, he had fairly noble reasons for lighting the lighthouses, he was mostly misunderstood. His initial reasons were not necessarily for the good of the world, but for the freedom of the people special to him. After spending time with Kraden, he does what is important for the world.

Also, we never exactly know WHY the Tuaparang wanted to engulf the world in darkness. Maybe to weaken the nations so they could invade it? But where are they from? Are their worlds beyond Weyard as they should supposedly be able to fly over Gaia falls?

Also the ending of Dark Dawn.

Dark Dawn spoiler:
The point in Dark Dawn was that the world gets screwed over. And then the ending is too sudden and has a huge mood whiplash. Matthew and party just return. Wouldn't there be devastation all around? The kingdom of Kaocho is completely wiped of its residents. Belinsk was almost completely devasted. The shadow also extended to Imil and also to where Isaac and Garet were (and were not as they left soon after Matthew and party went on their quest).

I want the 4th game in the series to not directly start from the ending of GS3 but near the end when the eclipse has started but not ended.

We could see the place where Isaac and Garet were headed to and how they handle the situation. Plus there is the obvious cliffhanger at the end.

Also the sequel hook regarding Piers and Nowell. Takeru is also heavily implied to be playable. It would be interesting if he has a separate type of Venus class like Himi but I want to see a mix of the old party and new party.

Everyone in Dark Dawn has returned to their place including Matthew, Karis and Tyrell. I don't see how they would just marching out of their homes for a new adventure without any guidance or goal.

I obviously want Isaac to be playable as I have always mentioned. Plus there are the new psynergy introduced in Dark Dawn which could be explored. Although I don't know about Djinn, as the origin of the Djinn was actually from the Sol Sanctum i.e. 72 Djinn.

But I guess that is the annoying inconsistency of DD. Everyone released their Djinns (and went back to base classes apparently) except Isaac and Garet, 9 Djinn just came from somewhere, and the Warriors of Vale somehow transported all items around the world...!

Oh sorry I got off track.

I went from Tuaparang to what I want from GS4 :p

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Although you are slightly wrong. It is never mentioned that by looking at the moon they are infused with Jupiter psynergy. They work like regular werewolves, turning into the beast form during full moon. They get this ability due to being exposed to miniature psynergy crystals from Air's Rock which were transmitted through the winds. Thus they have Jupiter psynergy and the weird mutation. Funnily enough, everyone else hit by a psynergy rock on the head just gets powers but these guys are turned into psynergy capable were-beasts.
[Facepalms] Right, I totally forgot about that. It's been so long since I've played the game, there are some specifics I can't remember.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Isaac's moveset can become tricky, since he can either be restricted to Venus Psyenergy, or he can use all Psyenergy elements (Ness doesn't get PK Fire, PK Thunder and PK Starstorm, it belong to his partners/ friends), so even if we adopt only Venus Psyenergy, his moveset potential is already big now if we take into account all the elements, then we get ourselves so many resources to make awesome move sets.

However, I feel that his Grab should be the Cast Psyenergy and his Side Smash should be his signature Djinn, Flint (I made a movepool that is lost somewhere between page 150-160 I guess), it would be like Ike's Side Smash, but faster and doesn't leave Isaac as exposed as Ike, also, if you get hit by Flint, then the damage and knockback would be increased.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
No, the people of Anemos live on the moon. Before Alchemy was sealed within the four lighthouses, the people of Anemos raised their city into the sky in order to preserve their power and culture. Said city then became the moon. That's why the people of Garoh would turn into wolves at night; by looking at the moon, they were infused with its powerful Jupiter psynergy, causing them to transform.
That's right. Forgot about that. Still in the intro of Dark Dawn I wonder what was all the hubbub with that huge floating ship thing.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oops. Maybe I should have spoiler tagged everything instead of just the major one.

Well have fun during Dark Dawn, it is a real good game, just not as good as the first 2. Still really hooking though :)

D

Deleted member

Isaac's moveset can become tricky, since he can either be restricted to Venus Psyenergy, or he can use all Psyenergy elements (Ness doesn't get PK Fire, PK Thunder and PK Starstorm, it belong to his partners/ friends), so even if we adopt only Venus Psyenergy, his moveset potential is already big now if we take into account all the elements, then we get ourselves so many resources to make awesome move sets.

However, I feel that his Grab should be the Cast Psyenergy and his Side Smash should be his signature Djinn, Flint (I made a movepool that is lost somewhere between page 150-160 I guess), it would be like Ike's Side Smash, but faster and doesn't leave Isaac as exposed as Ike, also, if you get hit by Flint, then the damage and knockback would be increased.
For the sake of development, I do hope Isaac is limited to Venus Psynergy, largely due to the fact that you can do a lot even with Custom Moves being limited for everybody other than a lazy goddess and Miis.

The recovery, though... I'd like a move where Isaac rides a boulder up in the air for a moment before it starts to tumble after Isaac falls off, and the giant rock itself can deal some damage.

Top Bottom