• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

Wait so what is the new GS content that was found again??
Dark Dawn's Overworld theme is an unlockable track on Palutena's Temple. So far, the only non-Uprising track.

It's surprisingly big of a deal.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
For the sake of development, I do hope Isaac is limited to Venus Psynergy, largely due to the fact that you can do a lot even with Custom Moves being limited for everybody other than a lazy goddess and Miis.

The recovery, though... I'd like a move where Isaac rides a boulder up in the air for a moment before it starts to tumble after Isaac falls off, and the giant rock itself can deal some damage.
Yeah, I'd like that too. It'd be cool if it really was just lift. (Doesn't necessarily need the hands.)

But I fully agree, I think if any GS characters were added, they'd be restricted to their normal element.

Wait so what is the new GS content that was found again??
Well, here's the thing. With Smash 3DS, GS had no content at all, no AT, no Isaac trophy. Isaac is still MIA trophy-wise (I honestly believe he is one, there's just an embargo on all trophies), and there's no more AT's according to GameExplain. However, GS still has its music from Brawl back, and it has a second track now. In fact, its only one of two known franchises to have two music tracks. And the second track is the Dark Dawn Overworld theme.

Dark Dawn's Overworld theme is an unlockable track on Palutena's Temple. So far, the only non-Uprising track.

Its a huge deal considering how Dark Dawn has been talked down so much by the Smash speculation scene.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Oh I didn't know that! I remember there was a weird Twitter leak a while back that had the GS emblem from Dark Dawn as a stock icon, was it proven to be fake?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea that was fake.

The same icon was created by a member of Smashboards and is present in our OP.

Edit:

Here ya go!

Epic Golden Sun Icon made by Onyx Oblivian

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the Icon LasermasterA!

I just had a weird idea though, and I hope this doesn't come true. But...

What if Isaac was a ranged character? Only attacking using his Psynergy, never using his blade. No Meggidos.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master

What if Isaac was a ranged character? Only attacking using his Psynergy, never using his blade. No Meggidos.
He should do both. But I guess we have Robin from Fire Emblem.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

I don't know. A completely magic character would be new....

But then he would be tough to learn >.< Spacing, range and all that. Although normal attacks would be sword right? Or those ranged psynergy as well?

Plus I like using swords as well! Although I guess Ragnarok and Odyssey are huge swords to be thrown around :)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I don't know. A completely magic character would be new....

But then he would be tough to learn >.< Spacing, range and all that. Although normal attacks would be sword right? Or those ranged psynergy as well?

Plus I like using swords as well! Although I guess Ragnarok and Odyssey are huge swords to be thrown around :)
Ragnarok could kind of work like his Standard Special, as for Odyssey, I could see it as Isaac's Final Smash, he would quickly cast a sword in front of him and if it lands, then he casts 3 more swords and finishes it all with a huge blade.

Ok, I just had this crazy idea to make Isaac's Final Smash overkilling, so Isaac cast Odyssey normally, however, instead of using the huge blade to finish it, he just casts it to pierce the enemy and then he unleashes Meggido do shatter the blades and his opponent, what a beautiful sight it would be (eat your heart out Falcon Punch).

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

That's kind of lame.

I hate that song, it sucks compared to what we had in Brawl, I would of rather they just recycled that one like they with many other Brawl songs.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
That's kind of lame.

I hate that song, it sucks compared to what we had in Brawl, I would of rather they just recycled that one like they with many other Brawl songs.
The Felix Battle theme/ Final Boss theme actually are back in Norfair this game too, so we have 2 Golden Sun tracks.

Ok, so I found this image and well, it gave me Golden Sun + Super Smash Bros for 3DS, so I guess this confirms Isaac as a playable :) .

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's kind of lame.

Um, yeah, we've got two songs. In fact, we're only one of two unrepped franchises to have two songs. The Brawl song is back, and we've got a new one.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If they want Isaac to stand out from the other sword and magick users in Smash, his moveset should definitely be focused on his Venus psynergy. If they give him multiple elements, he'll be too similar to Ness, Zelda, and Robin.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If they want Isaac to stand out from the other sword and magick users in Smash, his moveset should definitely be focused on his Venus psynergy. If they give him multiple elements, he'll be too similar to Ness, Zelda, and Robin.
Actually if they give him different elements, he still wouldn't be close to them primarily due to the sheer number of moves he has. Their is such a large collection to pick and add from that it would be almost impossible to make him too similar to anyone.

Plus then their are Djinns to consider.

Ragnarok could kind of work like his Standard Special, as for Odyssey, I could see it as Isaac's Final Smash, he would quickly cast a sword in front of him and if it lands, then he casts 3 more swords and finishes it all with a huge blade.

Ok, I just had this crazy idea to make Isaac's Final Smash overkilling, so Isaac cast Odyssey normally, however, instead of using the huge blade to finish it, he just casts it to pierce the enemy and then he unleashes Meggido do shatter the blades and his opponent, what a beautiful sight it would be (eat your heart out Falcon Punch).
Oh-ho-ho! That sounds beautiful indeed! And amazing :)

Meggido + Odyssey for total annihilation! Or just add Judgement to that as well to make Isaac's final smash completely OP :p

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I was discussing Isaac as DLC at work (ie. I convinced them it was going to happen and then we talked move set :p) and someone was proposing Growth as a recovery move, but not as a tether, he imagined it growing vines (assumedly off a background element, rather than just floating) which would stay on the field for a while, and that Isaac could then climb up like a ladder. It certainly sounded unique, and since you'd have to wait for it to wither to use it again it's fit with a ground based game while giving him a good recovery at least once... I'm just not sure if I personally like it, though everyone else was a fan; how would you guys feel about a ladder spawning Up-B?

Anyways, we kinda made a full-ish moveset, so I thought I'd put it up.

Up-B: Growth (Spawns a ladder, by agreement)
Side-B: Move (Much smaller than the AT; sad we couldn't put it in neutral position for Kirby)
Neutral-B: Venus Psyenergy (uses psyenergy that acts differently in the air and on the ground)

On Ground: Spires (charges up and creates spires of earth to either side, more spires and bigger ones grow as it's charged like the higher level spells)
In Air: Rock Fall (similarly chargable, though less sizable, instead creates rocks that fall fron under Isaac, possibly at an angle?)
[I find it humorous now that I've look through the game again that these both go the opposite direction in their animation, but we (understandably) thought spires erupted from the ground and rock fall had the rocks falling downwards]

And then we have the gimmick of the set.

Down-B: Summon
When you use certain moves (particularly smashes and such) you'll use Djinn, which will then be unusable making the attack weaker, and plain reducing your stats while they're unset. If you use Djinn in order within their same element then you can summon the better summons, but using a different element resets them.

Djinn:

Flint: Sweetspot does great knockback (used in Side Smash or Down-Air)
Granite: Gives Isaac Super Armour for a few seconds (used in Power Shield)
Sap: Sweetspot drains a little HP (used in last hit of Jab combo)
Bane: Poisons the enemy (used in Down-Tilt)
[Venus Djinn increase weight and launch power, which decrease when used]

Forge: Increases all attack damage for a few seconds; more increase than Djinn decrease (Used in Up-Tilt)
Scorch: Creates an explosion is sweet spotted widening range further (Used in Down Smash)
Cannon: Hitting head on coats Isaac in flame (used on Dash Attack)
[Mars Djinn increase your damage output, which decreases when used]

Gust: If sweet spot lands it will combo into a triggered second attack (Used in Neutral/Forward/Back Air)
Smog: Surrounds the target in smoke, less than smoke grenade mind (Used in Forward Tilt)
Zephyr: If timed right after mid-air jump you can trigger a second mid-air jump (Used in triple jump)
[Jupiter Djinn increase speed and jump, which decrease when used]

Sleet: Freezes target when sweet spotted (Used in Up Smash)
Spritz?: Creates a spray of water that pushes target towards top of the screen (Used in Up-Air)
Fizz: Heals the user a little (Unsure, used in either Taunt or extended idle animation)
[Mercury Djinn increase defense, decreases when used)

Summons:

Venus: An explosion from the ground with solid upwards knock back.
Ramses: Ramses slams his fists into the ground burrying anyone underneath.
Cybele: Creates vines that will grab anyone in it's way, trapping them and deals continuous damage for a while.
Judgement: Massive movable laser from the sky, hardest to pull off, but very powerful.

Mars: A large explosion with a good area of effect and decent damage.
Kirin: Kirin jumps forwards like a beam with intertwining fire trail that do damage
Tiamat: A large aimable fire breath, covers a large area but very little knockback.

Juptier: A quick hail of homing projectiles, not very strong.
Atlanta: Arrows from the top of the screen, no knockback, but do cause flinching?
Procne: A large-ish Tornado with a vacuum effect, does little damage but launches them upwards.

Mercury: A spray of water forwards, akin to Flamethrower or the like.
Nereid: Tidal waves to either side, no damage but can push anyone on the platform off the sides.
Neptune: Several beams of water fall from the sky in random locations.

Grab would be psyenergy catch and his Final Smash would be Meggido or Odyssey.
Of course this moveset doesn't consider custom moves, and I have no idea how that would work, but hey, the discussion wasn't that long :p.

What do you think?

Side note:
Mario Kart 8 and Valkyria Chronicles... Edelweiss kart confirmed for DLC!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I was discussing Isaac as DLC at work (ie. I convinced them it was going to happen and then we talked move set :p) and someone was proposing Growth as a recovery move, but not as a tether, he imagined it growing vines (assumedly off a background element, rather than just floating) which would stay on the field for a while, and that Isaac could then climb up like a ladder. It certainly sounded unique, and since you'd have to wait for it to wither to use it again it's fit with a ground based game while giving him a good recovery at least once... I'm just not sure if I personally like it, though everyone else was a fan; how would you guys feel about a ladder spawning Up-B?

Anyways, we kinda made a full-ish moveset, so I thought I'd put it up.

Up-B: Growth (Spawns a ladder, by agreement)
Side-B: Move (Much smaller than the AT; sad we couldn't put it in neutral position for Kirby)
Neutral-B: Venus Psyenergy (uses psyenergy that acts differently in the air and on the ground)

On Ground: Spires (charges up and creates spires of earth to either side, more spires and bigger ones grow as it's charged like the higher level spells)
In Air: Rock Fall (similarly chargable, though less sizable, instead creates rocks that fall fron under Isaac, possibly at an angle?)
[I find it humorous now that I've look through the game again that these both go the opposite direction in their animation, but we (understandably) thought spires erupted from the ground and rock fall had the rocks falling downwards]

And then we have the gimmick of the set.

Down-B: Summon
When you use certain moves (particularly smashes and such) you'll use Djinn, which will then be unusable making the attack weaker, and plain reducing your stats while they're unset. If you use Djinn in order within their same element then you can summon the better summons, but using a different element resets them.

Djinn:

Flint: Sweetspot does great knockback (used in Side Smash or Down-Air)
Granite: Gives Isaac Super Armour for a few seconds (used in Power Shield)
Sap: Sweetspot drains a little HP (used in last hit of Jab combo)
Bane: Poisons the enemy (used in Down-Tilt)
[Venus Djinn increase weight and launch power, which decrease when used]

Forge: Increases all attack damage for a few seconds; more increase than Djinn decrease (Used in Up-Tilt)
Scorch: Creates an explosion is sweet spotted widening range further (Used in Down Smash)
Cannon: Hitting head on coats Isaac in flame (used on Dash Attack)
[Mars Djinn increase your damage output, which decreases when used]

Gust: If sweet spot lands it will combo into a triggered second attack (Used in Neutral/Forward/Back Air)
Smog: Surrounds the target in smoke, less than smoke grenade mind (Used in Forward Tilt)
Zephyr: If timed right after mid-air jump you can trigger a second mid-air jump (Used in triple jump)
[Jupiter Djinn increase speed and jump, which decrease when used]

Sleet: Freezes target when sweet spotted (Used in Up Smash)
Spritz?: Creates a spray of water that pushes target towards top of the screen (Used in Up-Air)
Fizz: Heals the user a little (Unsure, used in either Taunt or extended idle animation)
[Mercury Djinn increase defense, decreases when used)

Summons:

Venus: An explosion from the ground with solid upwards knock back.
Ramses: Ramses slams his fists into the ground burrying anyone underneath.
Cybele: Creates vines that will grab anyone in it's way, trapping them and deals continuous damage for a while.
Judgement: Massive movable laser from the sky, hardest to pull off, but very powerful.

Mars: A large explosion with a good area of effect and decent damage.
Kirin: Kirin jumps forwards like a beam with intertwining fire trail that do damage
Tiamat: A large aimable fire breath, covers a large area but very little knockback.

Juptier: A quick hail of homing projectiles, not very strong.
Atlanta: Arrows from the top of the screen, no knockback, but do cause flinching?
Procne: A large-ish Tornado with a vacuum effect, does little damage but launches them upwards.

Mercury: A spray of water forwards, akin to Flamethrower or the like.
Nereid: Tidal waves to either side, no damage but can push anyone on the platform off the sides.
Neptune: Several beams of water fall from the sky in random locations.

Grab would be psyenergy catch and his Final Smash would be Meggido or Odyssey.
Of course this moveset doesn't consider custom moves, and I have no idea how that would work, but hey, the discussion wasn't that long :p.

What do you think?
Nice! What do you know! I was actually thinking about something similar but not with Growth but rather with Punji Strike. I didn't say it yesterday as that might be a bit too radical, summoning something which other people might also stand on.

Plus those bamboo shoots are definitely more climbable than sharp vines.

Nice moveset as well. Although having all those summons probably won't be possible and is definitely overkill!

The Felix Battle theme/ Final Boss theme actually are back in Norfair this game too, so we have 2 Golden Sun tracks.

Ok, so I found this image and well, it gave me Golden Sun + Super Smash Bros for 3DS, so I guess this confirms Isaac as a playable :) .
I am confused. I have played 2 games lately.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Golden Sun 2 BUT I have been playing some games on and off, like Monster Hunter Freedom and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. What do I consider?

Well I guess I should take GoldenSun Chronicles. Camelot and Monolith Soft partnership to create HD Golden Sun 4 confirmed :p

Or maybe a remake of all 3 games....

Staarih

Smash Master
I lost track of time while trying to make my way through Air's Rock in The Lost Age. Damn that place is huge. But I survived, now it's time to take a break haha!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I lost track of time while trying to make my way through Air's Rock in The Lost Age. Damn that place is huge. But I survived, now it's time to take a break haha!
Haha yea Air's Rock is one of the new types of dungeons in The Lost Age. Although it is fairly fun and long.

Felix's party has to work hard to get reveal whereas Ivan... gets it for free!

My favourite is Gaia Rock which you will encounter later on. I do have a heavy bias for Venus (we all do to a certain degree) so take that at face value :)

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Haha yea Air's Rock is one of the new types of dungeons in The Lost Age. Although it is fairly fun and long.

Felix's party has to work hard to get reveal whereas Ivan... gets it for free!

My favourite is Gaia Rock which you will encounter later on. I do have a heavy bias for Venus (we all do to a certain degree) so take that at face value :)
Do the original Golden Sun games prevent backtracking later in the game, hindering Djinn capturing in earlier stages of the game?

Sorry if this is a spoiler esque question.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Do the original Golden Sun games prevent backtracking later in the game, hindering Djinn capturing in earlier stages of the game?

I don't think so, I don't remember anyways, but I'm pretty sure no, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Nope not at all.

The game doesn't prevent backtracking in any way to prevent you from getting Djinn. The places that are unvisitable later on (only the first dungeon in each game), contains no Djinn and no rare items.

Backtracking is a bit tedious in the games but definitely possible. Obviously in GS2, one can get a teleport gem near the absolute end which makes going back to areas where you might have missed something really easy.

That is why the lack of this feature was not liked by people at all in Dark Dawn. And Camelot did not make a way to retrieve the missed Djinn/summon tablets.

In GS2, it is only possible to miss Djinn and the optional superboss dungeon if you don't do a transfer from GS1. This way you don't get all 28 Djinn from the first game, or the psynergy items required to get the make up Djinn (one of each element).

Sorry if I am going off topic by saying this, but Gamefaqs had recently posted a Voting Poll for most wanted playable character for unrepped series and Isaac (Golden Sun) beat Ice Climbers by one vote.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70600152?results=1#1
Oh wow! Gamefaqs? Usually aren't they biased against Isaac?

But good to say that Isaac still has some popularity there. Seriously, he is the the most popular candidate from a series that has yet to see a single rep. Come on Nintendo, stop procrastinating and start working on Isaac for Smash 4!

Plus I want my GoldenSun Chronicles :p And a GS4!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nope not at all.

The game doesn't prevent backtracking in any way to prevent you from getting Djinn. The places that are unvisitable later on (only the first dungeon in each game), contains no Djinn and no rare items.

Backtracking is a bit tedious in the games but definitely possible. Obviously in GS2, one can get a teleport gem near the absolute end which makes going back to areas where you might have missed something really easy.

That is why the lack of this feature was not liked by people at all in Dark Dawn. And Camelot did not make a way to retrieve the missed Djinn/summon tablets.

In GS2, it is only possible to miss Djinn and the optional superboss dungeon if you don't do a transfer from GS1. This way you don't get all 28 Djinn from the first game, or the psynergy items required to get the make up Djinn (one of each element).

Oh wow! Gamefaqs? Usually aren't they biased against Isaac?

But good to say that Isaac still has some popularity there. Seriously, he is the the most popular candidate from a series that has yet to see a single rep. Come on Nintendo, stop procrastinating and start working on Isaac for Smash 4!

Plus I want my GoldenSun Chronicles :p And a GS4!
Well, GS is probably the most popular series to not have a single rep at all... Granted, Rhythm Heaven is fairly popular, but its not as popularly requested.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, GS is probably the most popular series to not have a single rep at all... Granted, Rhythm Heaven is fairly popular, but its not as popularly requested.
True and I would go far as to say that Golden Sun is the biggest Nintendo series after the major ones.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
GoldenSun Chronicles huh it should be very intersting to mix those two universes xD

Oh i'm surprised that Gamefaqs still are in favoir of Isaac, but it's great to see more support to our Venus Adept :)

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Most people just don't expect Isaac. Doesn't mean they wouldn't like to see him.

That's probably the case over at GameFAQs.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
True and I would go far as to say that Golden Sun is the biggest Nintendo series after the major ones.
That's questionable. Biggest as in sales, or biggest as in length?

If its length, that's Wars by far. If its sales, Rhythm Heaven actually is bigger (slightly). Custom Robo even has more games than GS right now. GS probably does have higher sales than Wars (none of the games sold very well) and definitely Custom Robo, though.

GS is bigger than several franchises currently present in the game. Xenoblade Chronicles, the retro franchises, MAYBE Kid Icarus (debateable; same number of games and similar sales; if Myths and Legends sold over 500k, KI has slightly more sales).

If GS gets a fourth successful game, then that could push it up there, but its still debateable. Nothing will change my mind that Wars is the biggest Nintendo franchise not in Smash, but Golden Sun is definitely the most commonly franchise that's brought up and is the most popular one that's mentioned.

EDIT: VGChartz is unreliable, but usually the numbers are lower than VGChartz while the averages can be used as a good comparison. The Wars series lifetime sales (supposedly) is 3.32m, while GS' is 3.7m. Not necessarily a guarantee that's accurate, but it doesn't surprise me if GS' sales are higher than Wars, because Wars never really hit it off that well, and GS was never region-exclusive like FE or Wars.

Funny thing is, the GS games were never marketed that well. If Dark Dawn was marketed better, it probably would've sold more. GS1/2 got lucky, they sold by word of mouth alone. If the games were actually marketed, they could've sold a lot more.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
It's probably biggest in success-per-iteration excluding non-feasible series like Nintendogs and Brain Age.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's probably biggest in success-per-iteration excluding non-feasible series like Nintendogs and Brain Age.
Yeah, THIS I agree with. In success-per-iteration, GS is huge. Fire Emblem's lifetime sales are about 5m. With 12 games, that's averaging less than 420k per game. GS is averaging 1m per game (or higher if VGChartz is accurate, which I'm iffy on).

Well, even that's not quite true. Rhythm Heaven DS sold 3m copies alone. Of course, again, its VGChartz, so it could be a lot less, and the series is also averaging just over 1m per game...

Either way, Rhythm Heaven and GS are neck-and-neck for sales per iteration of Nintendo franchises not playable (either stage or character) in Smash.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's questionable. Biggest as in sales, or biggest as in length?
What Dizzy_Fool said.

Personally I think the Nintendo series and Golden Sun's Positioning in it go like this (spin off series not included):

1. :4mario:
  2. :4link:
  3. :4pikachu:
  4. :4samus:
  5. :4villager:
  6. :4kirby:
  7. :4marth:
  8. :4dk:
  9. :4fox:
  10. :4pit:
  11. :4yoshi:
  12. :4olimar:
  13. :4littlemac:
  14. :4wario:
  15. :4falcon:
  16. :4ness:
  17. :4shulk: (The Xenoblade Franchise has just established itself as a big Nintendo franchise and is making its way up).
  18. Golden Sun
  19. Advance Wars
  20. Battalion Wars
  21. Rhythm Heaven

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What Dizzy_Fool said.

Personally I think the Nintendo series and Golden Sun's Positioning in it go like this (spin off series not included):

17. :4shulk: (The Xenoblade Franchise has just established itself as a big Nintendo franchise and is making its way up).
  18. Golden Sun
  19. Advance Wars
That's pretty spot on I must say. And after all those we have more obscure franchises like Murasame Castle, StarTropics, and Glory of Heracles, all of which I am a fan of. I'm hoping Nintendo revives some more series like they did with Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country, and although Golden Sun isn't technically dead I'd like to see it rebooted.

D

Deleted member

That's pretty spot on I must say. And after all those we have more obscure franchises like Murasame Castle, StarTropics, and Glory of Heracles, all of which I am a fan of. I'm hoping Nintendo revives some more series like they did with Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country, and although Golden Sun isn't technically dead I'd like to see it rebooted.
I dunno... rebooting anything is a dangerous proposition, regardless of genre of entertainment. If anything, the problem is more or less "Camelot having the priority to work on the game", as the current timeline is fine, but they need to explain the story better and open it up more.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What Dizzy_Fool said.

18. Golden Sun
  19. Advance Wars
Xenoblade still isn't bigger than GS, though. GS is definitely above Xenoblade. Until Xenoblade proves its success with the latest installments, its still not as big as GS at this point.

Also, that listing is WAY out of place. It should look more like this:

2. :4pikachu:
  3. :4link:
  4. :4dk:
  7. :4samus:
  8. :4fox:
  9. :4yoshi:
  10. :4wario:
  11. :4marth:
  13. :4falcon:
  14. :4littlemac:
  15. :4pit:
  16. Golden Sun
  17. :4ness:
  18. :4shulk:
  19. Advance Wars

Believe it or not, guys, the Mother series is not really all that successful. The ONLY reason I left it above Xenoblade is because X isn't out yet, but if X and Chronicles 3D prove to be very successful it'll jump above Mother for sure.

Yes, DK is way bigger than Kirby, and Pokemon is way bigger than Zelda. The "Wii" series of games could potentially be added onto this as well, I suppose. They'd be above Zelda. However, they were mostly applied to the casual market, and their lasting appeal is basically dead.

I dunno... rebooting anything is a dangerous proposition, regardless of genre of entertainment. If anything, the problem is more or less "Camelot having the priority to work on the game", as the current timeline is fine, but they need to explain the story better and open it up more.
This exactly. As I heard, Nintendo was basically begging Camelot to make another GS game after GS2. There's a ton still to be explored in GS. We don't need a reboot, we just need the franchise to be continued and explored more.

Perhaps once we get GS4 and the series becomes more popular again, they can look into exploring the franchise in other ways. The main thing we need is GS4 to be successful again, and we can get the games more often. Ideally, every 4 years at least. If need-be it'd be nice for Camelot to get help from other Nintendo developers.

I can see a GS PREQUEL happening, to lead up into the events of the first game by focusing on the wars that first caused the Golden Sun to be sealed. But not a full-on reboot.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
In response to bold: Yes! I know it sounds very repetitive at this point, but F-Zero should be rebooted (not change anything, but start releasing the iterations in the franchise regularly).

Personally, I would say that Magical Starsign is at the top of the obscure franchise, but that could just be my bias talking.

And looking back at the list I noticed that I forgot the Battalion Wars series.

Xenoblade still isn't bigger than GS, though. GS is definitely above Xenoblade. Until Xenoblade proves its success with the latest installments, its still not as big as GS at this point.

Also, that listing is WAY out of place. It should look more like this:

2. :4pikachu:
  3. :4link:
  4. :4dk:
  7. :4samus:
  8. :4fox:
  9. :4yoshi:
  10. :4wario:
  11. :4marth:
  13. :4falcon:
  14. :4littlemac:
  15. :4pit:
  16. Golden Sun
  17. :4ness:
  18. :4shulk:
  19. Advance Wars

Believe it or not, guys, the Mother series is not really all that successful. The ONLY reason I left it above Xenoblade is because X isn't out yet, but if X and Chronicles 3D prove to be very successful it'll jump above Mother for sure.
The reason why Xenoblade is above Golden Sun is because it has taken off in popularity and has been noticed by Nintendo as a key franchise in its library (not to say that Golden Sun is less important). It also adds that Nintendo is actively pushing notification of the Xenoblade series to the public.

Golden Sun is a great series and is right behind the main ones, but the main difference between Golden Sun and Xenoblade is Nintendo's willingness to get it recognized by the public (again I am not saying that Golden Sun is less important).

Yes, DK is way bigger than Kirby, and Pokemon is way bigger than Zelda. The "Wii" series of games could potentially be added onto this as well, I suppose. They'd be above Zelda. However, they were mostly applied to the casual market, and their lasting appeal is basically dead.
I agree with you completely about the "Wii" series of games since their major appeal is towards casuals; however, why is Donkey Kong higher than Animal Crossing? Donkey Kong is a key franchise to Nintendo, but as it stands, Animal Crossing is starting to climb towards Pokemon impact for Nintendo.

Not trying to start a fight, but I am honestly curious why you believe Donkey Kong is above Kirby, since the main Donkey Kong series was absent for a while.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Geez - Only a few days out and will still have no full confirmation that Isaac isn't a hidden AT? Do leakers really not care, or did I miss something?

D

Deleted member

Geez - Only a few days out and will still have no full confirmation that Isaac isn't a hidden AT? Do leakers really not care, or did I miss something?
It's both the embargo (which I think people will start breaking any time now because why not?) and the possible fact that the 3DS and Wii U share the same ATs, so there is no real point in presenting them.

I'm more interested in when Nintendo will announce full DLC plans for the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I guess you can say there's "no full confirmation" if you wish, but honestly, Andrew from GameExplain's comments are full confirmation enough for me. He cleared almost the entire Challenge board and unlocked almost everything in the game and found no signs of any Wii U exclusive AT's at all. If there were any, we would have known about it. The question wasn't on embargo or anything, either.

It's both the embargo (which I think people will start breaking any time now because why not?) and the possible fact that the 3DS and Wii U share the same ATs, so there is no real point in presenting them.

I'm more interested in when Nintendo will announce full DLC plans for the game.
Agreed. If Sakurai does pics until the end of the year (well, he'll probably stop before Christmas), he may announce something during the last few pics. Otherwise, I don't expect a Smash DLC announcement until Februrary.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This exactly. As I heard, Nintendo was basically begging Camelot to make another GS game after GS2. There's a ton still to be explored in GS. We don't need a reboot, we just need the franchise to be continued and explored more.

Perhaps once we get GS4 and the series becomes more popular again, they can look into exploring the franchise in other ways. The main thing we need is GS4 to be successful again, and we can get the games more often. Ideally, every 4 years at least. If need-be it'd be nice for Camelot to get help from other Nintendo developers.

I can see a GS PREQUEL happening, to lead up into the events of the first game by focusing on the wars that first caused the Golden Sun to be sealed. But not a full-on reboot.
Golden Sun just needs a good team that knows how to make the game like the old ones and Nintendo needs to start backing the series for it to take off.

Edit: I agree with your stance against rebooting the series. Golden Sun just needs to be taken seriously by Nintendo, like they did Xenoblade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom