• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I have a question for all you Isaac supporters: in your opinion, does Golden Sun have a "foreseeable" future, or not? I understand that this is a frequent topic of discussion for Isaac debates, and after reading a recent interview with Sakurai where he emphasized this quality, I believe this factor may be the key to determining Isaac's chances as a DLC character.

So, again, does Golden Sun have a "foreseeable" future, and do you think Sakurai would see it as such?
Well, short answer is maybe. Long answer is this:

While Isaac himself has not been a playable character since his games on the Game Boy Advance, Golden Sun as a series is still "successful." I say this in quotes because most recently, the Golden Sun game on the DS, "Golden Sun: Dark Dawn", has not sold as well as the previous games.

So while not a huge success for Nintendo, the series itself has a loyal fan base (us), and as of now the Golden Sun series has ended on a cliffhanger.

So.... Maybe?

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I have a question for all you Isaac supporters: in your opinion, does Golden Sun have a "foreseeable" future, or not? I understand that this is a frequent topic of discussion for Isaac debates, and after reading a recent interview with Sakurai where he emphasized this quality, I believe this factor may be the key to determining Isaac's chances as a DLC character.

So, again, does Golden Sun have a "foreseeable" future, and do you think Sakurai would see it as such?
Also, to add to what @ Apollyon Apollyon has already said. Camelot has stated that they want to make a Golden Sun 4, but they need to know if the fans want it - http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2012/07/17/golden-sun-4-do-you-want-it-asks-camelot.htm

That was back in July 2012 as I believe they had just started development of the new Mario Golf that came out earlier this year. Anyways, what is one way to gauge demand? Seeing if people buy the original games on the Virtual Console!!! Clearly people like and are interested in the series as Golden Sun has sold very well on the VC. Also, Camelot is done with their usual Mario sports titles so what is left for them to do in the future??? Golden Sun 4!

So personally I would say it has a bright future as the Camelot article followed by the original games being release on VC are to much of a coincidence.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice

Foreseeable future? Maybe, maybe not. I'd say it has a "potential" future. It might not continue, but at this point it's too soon to declare it dead. On the basis of DD alone it probably wouldn't get another game, but given the first two Ninty might give it one more shot, putting the future of the series on the line like they apparently did for Awakening. Plus Camelot doesn't do much else besides GS, Golf, and Tennis, and they've already done two of them this generation.

How does Sakurai see it? Well apparently as a series not worth bothering with this time as far as we know. If he thought it had a future he'd probably have at least given it an AT, right?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Yes it definitely has a forseeable future. The 3rd game ends on a blatant cliffhanger and there are major plot threads left unresolved. These include some minor plot lines from the 2nd game ending and even more from the 3rd game itself. The game itself was good but Camelot was definitely trying to make it successful so it could have a sequel. Camelot relied on it to pave the way for the sequel, but it didn't exactly work out. The Takahashi brothers (heads of Camelot) had said that GS: DD is actually supposed to be the start of the "real series" while the initial games were the prequels.

Ironically, the first 2 games are considered the actual games of the GS series and Dark Dawn as the game that did not turn out to be as people expected the sequel of GS1 and 2 to be! A great game but not awesome enough.

The bad thing was that the 3rd game in a sense tries to resemble the 1st two games and doesn't do much "new". It spends a lot of time telling us what happened in the first 2 games and tries to be too beginner friendly. Even all the party members are similar to the original 8 members, with the protagonist of the 3rd game being almost completely a carbon copy of his dad, the most important character in the first 2 games or the initial "duology" (which was meant to be a single game).

The 3rd game was still good though and did feel like a GS game but it did not do the first 2 games enough justice. It was still really fun and hooking like the initial duo.

There is a part of me (a small part) disappointed with the way the storyline continued with, wanting Camelot to retcon the 3rd game and make an alternate sequel. On the other hand, I just want badass Isaac to make a re-appearance in GS4 while solving the tons of mistakes the 3rd game did.

In the end, a GS4 is definitely possible and it should come out.

Seriousness aside, guys I found out why we don't have a GS4, yet....!! :p

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
At least I am not the only one who enjoyed Golden Sun Dark Dawn. It gets so much hate it does not deserve.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Foreseeable future? Maybe, maybe not. I'd say it has a "potential" future. It might not continue, but at this point it's too soon to declare it dead. On the basis of DD alone it probably wouldn't get another game, but given the first two Ninty might give it one more shot, putting the future of the series on the line like they apparently did for Awakening. Plus Camelot doesn't do much else besides GS, Golf, and Tennis, and they've already done two of them this generation.

How does Sakurai see it? Well apparently as a series not worth bothering with this time as far as we know. If he thought it had a future he'd probably have at least given it an AT, right?
Actually, GS already had an AT in the previous game. In theory, if he thinks the series has a foreseeable future, he may have decided to leave the option open for it to get a character added as DLC.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
When it comes to Golden Sun's future. I don't necessarily expect another game in a hurry, there was a 7 year gap between Lost Age and Dark Dawn. The series probably "had no future" for those 7 years.

Then you have to consider that Camelot have finished their Mario Golf/Tennis games for this generation. They're also a small team so it's unlikely they'd be able to make a HD game on the Wii U.

So right now they're either:

A. Working on a new IP.
B. Working on Golden Sun 4.
C. Twiddling their thumbs doing nothing.

I think the problem with Golden Sun is that it's not a series that's constantly in the public eye. So it's easier for people to assume it's dead. Golden Sun is a slow burner and it makes sense why. Camelot is a small team, they can't be shooting off a new Golden Sun every 3-4 years with spinoffs peppered throughout for good measure. Especially when they're also tasked with making Mario Golf and Tennis games. It's unrealistic.

The Nintendo community does make me wonder if Golden Sun would finally be considered "alive" after Golden Sun 4. Knowing them it'd probably be dead again a year later.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When it comes to Golden Sun's future. I don't necessarily expect another game in a hurry, there was a 7 year gap between Lost Age and Dark Dawn. The series probably "had no future" for those 7 years.

Then you have to consider that Camelot have finished their Mario Golf/Tennis games for this generation. They're also a small team so it's unlikely they'd be able to make a HD game on the Wii U.

A. Working on a new IP.

I think the problem with Golden Sun is that it's not a series that's constantly in the public eye. So it's easier for people to assume it's dead. Golden Sun is a slow burner and it makes sense why. Camelot is a small team, they can't be shooting off a new Golden Sun every 3-4 years with spinoffs peppered throughout for good measure. Especially when they're also tasked with making Mario Golf and Tennis games. It's unrealistic.

The Nintendo community does make me wonder if Golden Sun would finally be considered "alive" after Golden Sun 4. Knowing them it'd probably be dead again a year later.
Yeah, it probably would. I'd really like to see Nintendo make more GS spinoffs and promote the franchise more. Perhaps even help Camelot make bigger games. Honestly, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't outright bought Camelot at this point, they have such a close relationship.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, it probably would. I'd really like to see Nintendo make more GS spinoffs and promote the franchise more. Perhaps even help Camelot make bigger games. Honestly, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't outright bought Camelot at this point, they have such a close relationship.
Maybe because it makes too much sense.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

A. Working on a new IP.

Camelot working on a new IP is rather unlikely. They'll either make GS or more Mario sports games.

EDIT: Its also highly unlikely they're sitting around "twiddling their thumbs." They likely starting planning on their next project when Mario Golf: World Tour was finishing development, MAYBE took a week break, then immediately started on the next project.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Camelot working on a new IP is rather unlikely. They'll either make GS or more Mario sports games.

EDIT: Its also highly unlikely they're sitting around "twiddling their thumbs." They likely starting planning on their next project when Mario Golf: World Tour was finishing development, MAYBE took a week break, then immediately started on the next project.
It better be Golden Sun... I mean, common Camelot =/...

t's also irritating that Camelot is barely represented in Smash 4 apart from Waluigi being an AT and a couple of GS themes... I'm super surprised that the original golden sun isn't represented in anyway...

Really hoping he isn't an AT, that will at least give me a shred of hope.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Didn't Sakurai say that he did research as to which games were/are under development while deciding on characters? Or something along those lines. Maybe a hypothetical Golden Sun 4 popped up at a later point which caused Sakurai to re-think Isaac's status in the game (thus removing him as an AT) and maybe adding him as DLC later. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but there is definitely something iffy going on with Isaac.

By the way, played some more The Lost Age today, got through Yampi Desert and I'm just loving it. So glad I got into Golden Sun, I'm slowly starting to consider myself as a fanboy of the series haha! Better late than never, right? I also found a great deal for Dark Dawn at a local gaming shop, so I might get that and give it a shot too.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Didn't Sakurai say that he did research as to which games were/are under development while deciding on characters? Or something along those lines. Maybe a hypothetical Golden Sun 4 popped up at a later point which caused Sakurai to re-think Isaac's status in the game (thus removing him as an AT) and maybe adding him as DLC later. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but there is definitely something iffy going on with Isaac.

By the way, played some more The Lost Age today, got through Yampi Desert and I'm just loving it. So glad I got into Golden Sun, I'm slowly starting to consider myself as a fanboy of the series haha! Better late than never, right? I also found a great deal for Dark Dawn at a local gaming shop, so I might get that and give it a shot too.
Iffy? Do you mean how Isaac hasn't been show yet? While something like that could happen, we could all simply be over-analyzing this and Isaac could either simply end up as an AT anyway, or cut. Though I don't want to think more on the second option, I'd say his AT status hasn't been revealed yet, or his chances of being DLC has slightly increased.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It better be Golden Sun... I mean, common Camelot =/...
Again, I really do believe they are working on it right now, we just probably won't know for a while yet. I only see it getting announced before E3 if Sakurai plans to announce Smash DLC packs in Spring, and again, I think Isaac is very likely to be added and act as a promotional character for the next game. He might not get released until next Fall, but it'd be closer to when we'd hear more info about the game.

I'd say that's extremely likely. GS4 has likely been in concept stages for years, they just haven't had time to make it. Sakurai saw that and was like "ok, so let's go with Shulk." Then when he learned that GS4 was in early planning stages, he cut the Isaac AT and planned on the possibility of adding Isaac later.

Iffy? Do you mean how Isaac hasn't been show yet? While something like that could happen, we could all simply be over-analyzing this and Isaac could either simply end up as an AT anyway, or cut. Though I don't want to think more on the second option, I'd say his AT status hasn't been revealed yet, or his chances of being DLC has slightly increased.
Except we know there are no Wii U exclusive AT's. GameExplain has unlocked almost EVERYTHING in the game and saw no signs of additional AT's at all. We've been talking about this for the past several pages now.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Guys, I'm curious about something.

What if Isaac isn't in the game at all?

What if it's Matthew?

Okay, yeah, I'm being silly here, but I'm wondering if that's a possibility or whether it would make any difference whatsoever?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I wasn't being serious when I said they were twiddling their thumbs. It was meant to convey that there weren't that many things they could realistically be doing.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master

What if it's Matthew?

Okay, yeah, I'm being silly here, but I'm wondering if that's a possibility or whether it would make any difference whatsoever?
As of Dark Dawn Matthew would have more of a recency effect if we are addressing plausibility on a Golden Sun rep. That said Isaac is still an important character even in Dark Dawn and for the entire series given his connection to The Wise One. I won't go into details but he is still probably one of the most important characters in the series.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

What if it's Matthew?

That's definitely not a silly question at all, in fact we've been wondering about that for a long time. I suppose, since Matthew and Isaac are similar in virtually every way possible both in terms of looks and in their capabilities in the games, it'll be a split like the Olimar/Alph one.
Then, if they still were to get 4 colours each, the (main) party members could be palette swaps.
That said, I'd love Isaac to have a Felix-coloured palette swap, which just might not be happening if Nintendo went with the respective main party of Garet, Ivan and Mia.

All that aside, instead of Matthew, I can definitely see a Felix alt happening. But it's probably less likely as he didn't make any appearance in the most recent game at all.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That's definitely not a silly question at all, in fact we've been wondering about that for a long time. I suppose, since Matthew and Isaac are similar in virtually every way possible both in terms of looks and in their capabilities in the games, it'll be a split like the Olimar/Alph one.
Then, if they still were to get 4 colours each, the (main) party members could be palette swaps.
That said, I'd love Isaac to have a Felix-coloured palette swap, which just might not be happening if Nintendo went with the respective main party of Garet, Ivan and Mia.

All that aside, instead of Matthew, I can definitely see a Felix alt happening. But it's probably less likely as he didn't make any appearance in the most recent game at all.
It seems vaguely like a thing that Sakurai would do.

"Expecting Isaac? Too bad! Matthew time! He's exactly like his old man, but he looks slightly different and has a different name. Oh boy, what a wacky wizard I am! *Laughs*"

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Personally I'd just want any rep for Golden Sun period. The lack of Golden Sun anything in the 3DS version always bothered me and so far there has been a no show for Isaac, Ray, and Drill Dozer assist trophies. It's pretty odd. At least we have another Golden Sun Track I guess, but since another track was added it does raise suspicion and will cause speculation.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, from my understanding, it's very possible that Golden Sun could receive a new installment in the future?

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I feel a little bit more confident that Isaac (or Matthew, I guess) has a real chance at being a DLC character now. ;)

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Best option right now is basically wait for the Wii U version release, scope the music, and finally get confirmation on a complete Assist Trophy list. Furthermore check if there are any Golden Sun trophies at all. If there are not or the main Earth Leads are missing then something is up.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It seems vaguely like a thing that Sakurai would do.

"Expecting Isaac? Too bad! Matthew time! He's exactly like his old man, but he looks slightly different and has a different name. Oh boy, what a wacky wizard I am! *Laughs*"
Getting a Golden Sun rep would make me really happy (Golden Sun time, yay!) but if it is Matthew, with NO appearance from Isaac I would be supremely annoyed at the same time.

Isaac is the origin of it all! Isaac was the one primarily responsible for the retrieval of the stars, as well as the one without which Mars Lighthouse would never have been lit (there is a reason why GS has an early bad ending). I know that there were greater forces at work behind it all like the Wise One but he is the one who is most iconic when one remembers Golden Sun. He is also a major entity in Dark Dawn, although admittedly he doesn't do much. Matthew is a copy of Isaac (he just got a bit cooler clothing than young Isaac but badass bearded Isaac easily trumps that) primarily since Dark Dawn is another origin story, but 30 years later. I am biased, I agree, but Isaac has to be there.

Even Felix would be a better choice than Matthew alone. To be honest I want Isaac the most, then Felix and Matthew dead last. Plus I don't want to go with the Dark Dawn was bad argument because it was not, but the 3rd game was easily the weakest link in the franchise and the one which also sorta messed up the GS continuity.

Sakurai did not replace Marth with Lucina, he added her (with a few changes). I would expect the same for Matthew (or an alt, the clone status should be Felix). Even if Marth was a playable character already, I expect similar conditions should apply.

In the end, I don't even consider the scenario where Matthew makes it before his dad and uncle. It makes no sense, even for the Troll Sakurai.

Phew.

I guess I should end on a more pleasant note.

#Isaac4Smash on #GoldenSunday!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Getting a Golden Sun rep would make me really happy (Golden Sun time, yay!) but if it is Matthew, with NO appearance from Isaac I would be supremely annoyed at the same time.

Isaac is the origin of it all! Isaac was the one primarily responsible for the retrieval of the stars, as well as the one without which Mars Lighthouse would never have been lit (there is a reason why GS has an early bad ending). I know that there were greater forces at work behind it all like the Wise One but he is the one who is most iconic when one remembers Golden Sun. He is also a major entity in Dark Dawn, although admittedly he doesn't do much. Matthew is a copy of Isaac (he just got a bit cooler clothing than young Isaac but badass bearded Isaac easily trumps that) primarily since Dark Dawn is another origin story, but 30 years later. I am biased, I agree, but Isaac has to be there.

Even Felix would be a better choice than Matthew alone. To be honest I want Isaac the most, then Felix and Matthew dead last. Plus I don't want to go with the Dark Dawn was bad argument because it was not, but the 3rd game was easily the weakest link in the franchise and the one which also sorta messed up the GS continuity.

Sakurai did not replace Marth with Lucina, he added her (with a few changes). I would expect the same for Matthew (or an alt, the clone status should be Felix). Even if Marth was a playable character already, I expect similar conditions should apply.

In the end, I don't even consider the scenario where Matthew makes it before his dad and uncle. It makes no sense, even for the Troll Sakurai.

Phew.

I guess I should end on a more pleasant note.

#Isaac4Smash on #GoldenSunday!
Yeah, honestly, here's the thing. They won't go with Matthew, because Matthew is LITERALLY a carbon-copy clone of Isaac. If we get Matthew, we get Isaac as well. If we get Isaac, there's an EXTREMELY good chance we get Matthew as well.

So, from my understanding, it's very possible that Golden Sun could receive a new installment in the future?

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I feel a little bit more confident that Isaac (or Matthew, I guess) has a real chance at being a DLC character now. ;)
Others deny it, especially in other threads. However, I blatantly think it is happening. GS4 is highly requested and there's honestly not much else Camelot could be doing right now.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, honestly, here's the thing. They won't go with Matthew, because Matthew is LITERALLY a carbon-copy clone of Isaac. If we get Matthew, we get Isaac as well. If we get Isaac, there's an EXTREMELY good chance we get Matthew as well.
Yes I think so too. Although I would prefer Isaac and Felix. Isaac as the main and Felix as alt. I doubt that they would give Felix a status as a clone considering GS has had a hard time getting even one rep! Cause with the scenario of Isaac and Matthew, Felix will remain hidden.... again.

I know they are different in stats but they are both still Venus adepts with identical equipment and classes! After all, Felix needs some love as well, that guy has been under appreciated for so long! Even in Dark Dawn where he is vaguely mentioned despite being the protagonist of the 2nd game (Isaac is the deuteragonist)!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes I think so too. Although I would prefer Isaac and Felix. Isaac as the main and Felix as alt. I doubt that they would give Felix a status as a clone considering GS has had a hard time getting even one rep! Cause with the scenario of Isaac and Matthew, Felix will remain hidden.... again.

I know they are different in stats but they are both still Venus adepts with identical equipment and classes! After all, Felix needs some love as well, that guy has been under appreciated for so long! Even in Dark Dawn where he is vaguely mentioned despite being the protagonist of the 2nd game (Isaac is the deuteragonist)!
I could potentially see Felix as an alt of Isaac... But I'm not worried about it too much.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd be perfectly content with just Isaac, but I could definitely see Matthew incorporated as an alt as he is so identical to Isaac in many ways. However, Felix is a really interesting character, so I'd like at least a color palette for Isaac reminiscent of him (as in, brown hair etc), not sure if he'd make as good and easy/simple as an alt as Matthew, but I wouldn't mind that either.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd be perfectly content with just Isaac, but I could definitely see Matthew incorporated as an alt as he is so identical to Isaac in many ways. However, Felix is a really interesting character, so I'd like at least a color palette for Isaac reminiscent of him (as in, brown hair etc), not sure if he'd make as good and easy/simple as an alt as Matthew, but I wouldn't mind that either.
Matthew literally is a carbon-copy clone of Isaac. I think the only real difference appearance-wise is the outfit. Which is funny because Adult Isaac has a VERY similar outfit. Felix would be a much more original-looking alt. In fact, if Matthew is an alt, I'd rather it just be Matthew as one alt of Isaac instead of having four recolors of his own, because he's barely different from Isaac as is.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I think he has a better looking design. But hey, guess we are in the minority.
I am actually neutral. I just like the Golden Sun games in general. I don't mind Isaac getting in over Matthew.... but I also don't mind if Matthew gets in over Isaac... I probably wouldn't mind Felix getting in over both. I would be happy with some Golden Sun content in Smash.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I am actually neutral. I just like the Golden Sun games in general. I don't mind Isaac getting in over Matthew.... but I also don't mind if Matthew gets in over Isaac... I probably wouldn't mind Felix getting in over both. I would be happy with some Golden Sun content in Smash.
I don't really see any Matthew hate or anything... Its just that, Matthew literally is Isaac in everything but name. There's not much debate to it.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Personally, I think he has a better looking design. But hey, guess we are in the minority.
Looks don't make a character.

The problem is, Matthew IS Isaac. Heck, if you rename them, you can completely forget he's a new character. There is nothing original to him.

Nobody outright hates him, we just prefer the iconic original character.

Plus, as awesome as Sveta may be, Jenna is way better.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I don't really get the Matthew hate around here. :confused:
Heh? Matthew hate?

I don't hate Matthew. He is an awesome kid, carries his dad's mug around wherever he goes, saving the day (and spoiling it before saving it considering what happens in DD) :p

Just saying that Isaac deserves a spot more than Matthew and so does Felix. Ignoring the first 2 epic games for the 3rd, not as awesome game is just wrong. Representing all three would obviously the best but probably a pipe dream.

And as the other 2 said before me, Matthew IS Isaac, just presented differently to the newer players of Golden Sun with a different storyline tacked on. Heck, all the party members can fit in within a characteristic of previous Golden Sun 1 and 2 characters.

Plus I agree with @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 on Jenna :) Felix and Jenna, amazing sibling duo for the win!

@ Apollyon Apollyon
Plus older Isaac has an even more badass design than younger one. I mean how is this not awesome:

Your avatar tends to agree.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would love it if in the next game they do more to differentiate Matthew from Isaac. PLEASE give him a voice, too. I'm tired of the whole "playable character is always silent" trope. I'd love it if Isaac and Matthew were BOTH playable, so we could heavily differentiate between to the two of them.

Heh? Matthew hate?

I don't hate Matthew. He is an awesome kid, carries his dad's mug around wherever he goes, saving the day (and spoiling it before saving it considering what happens in DD) :p

Just saying that Isaac deserves a spot more than Matthew and so does Felix. Ignoring the first 2 epic games for the 3rd, not as awesome game is just wrong. Representing all three would obviously the best but probably a pipe dream.

And as the other 2 said before me, Matthew IS Isaac, just presented differently to the newer players of Golden Sun with a different storyline tacked on. Heck, all the party members can fit in within a characteristic of previous Golden Sun 1 and 2 characters.

Plus I agree with @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 on Jenna :) Felix and Jenna, amazing sibling duo for the win!

@ Apollyon Apollyon
Plus older Isaac has an even more badass design than younger one. I mean how is this not awesome:

Your avatar tends to agree.
Honestly, I'd like to see an official beardless Adult Isaac. He'd probably look almost identical to his kid self. And naturally Matthew. Without the scarf. In fact, that's probably why they gave Isaac a beard in the first place.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't really see any Matthew hate or anything... Its just that, Matthew literally is Isaac in everything but name. There's not much debate to it.
Okay, so that means they are pretty much the same... so it doesn't matter what default name and clothes the Golden Sun rep will have and what alternate name and clothes the Golden Sun rep will have.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
Yes definitely. I want Isaac to be playable in GS4, Matthew or no Matthew. He can always have something new considering he is now more mature, stronger, plus has a new power within him which we know nothing about except one sentence by the Wise One!

And then, we really don't know what happens to him in Dark Dawn.

I don't really care much about Takeru as previously implied in Lost Age and Dark Dawn.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Okay, so that means they are pretty much the same... so it doesn't matter what default name and clothes the Golden Sun rep will have and what alternate name and clothes the Golden Sun rep will have.
My point is, because they ARE practically the same, it just makes sense to make it default to Isaac anyway. And since they are practically the same, Matthew would probably be an alt of Isaac anyway. In fact, even if they go with Adult Isaac, I think he's barely changed from his kid self:

I haven't played Dark Dawn or GS2, but the rise of the Golden Sun made it so that Isaac doesn't age as quickly. Even then, you don't get much bigger once you hit 17 anyway, so Adult Isaac without a beard would literally be identical to GS2 Isaac. Except maybe more muscular.

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
Yes definitely. I want Isaac to be playable in GS4, Matthew or no Matthew. He can always have something new considering he is now more mature, stronger, plus has a new power within him which we know nothing about except one sentence by the Wise One!

And then, we really don't know what happens to him in Dark Dawn.

I don't really care much about Takeru as previously implied in Lost Age and Dark Dawn.
The thing with Dark Dawn is, from what I've heard, most of the party doesn't really do anything and follows Matthew "just because." I'd rather have the party be a mix of the cast from the three games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom