• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just started watching someone play through golden sun (yeah, i'm cheap and don't want to play it myself, deal with it) and I think Issac would be PERFECT for smash. kinda disappointed now that he wasn't playable in brawl though.

I will support issac more now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just started watching someone play through golden sun (yeah, i'm cheap and don't want to play it myself, deal with it) and I think Issac would be PERFECT for smash. kinda disappointed now that he wasn't playable in brawl though.

I will support issac more now.
That's great to hear, always good to have more supporters of Isaac! ^_^

And I have to say that playing GS is a lot more fun than just watching GS, but I understand it can be hard to track down the games nowadays and everything. I would recommend picking up the first two (GS1 is only the first half of the story) when and if they should make it to the Wii U VC in the future, as it would be cheaper than the alternative, you could play them on a big screen if you wanted, and it would show Camelot that there's still interest in GS, which if we're very lucky, will help prompt them to perhaps continue the series. :grin:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh snap, I just realized that I can get a GBA emulator and actually play the dang Golden Sun games!

I expect that I'll be taking part in this thread a whole lot more in a few days...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yep, that's always an option. Just started playing it on an emu - lost my copy a while ago.

Arteen

Smash Lord
My moveset ideas:

Grabs moves: Isaac uses the psychic hand for all of his grab moves.
Grab: Catch. He uses his psychic hand to grab a nearby opponent. It works similarly to Samus' and Link's grabs. It also acts as a tether recovery.
F-throw: Move. He thrusts his psychic hand forward to push his opponent away. The hand moves only a short distance, but it will hit any opponent caught in front of it.
B-throw: Force. A quick psychic punch sends the opponent flying.
D-throw: Pound. A psychic hand pounds down on the opponent.
U-throw: Scoop. A psychic hand tosses the opponent skyward.
Pummel: Grip. He crushes an opponent with his psychic hand.

Smash moves: Smash moves are all based on psynergy. Fully charged smashes are stronger and have a greater range, similar to how the abilities are tiered in the games.
Side-smash: Ragnarok. An ephemeral sword thrusts downward at a low angle. Fully-charged, the move more closely resembles Odyssey.
Up-smash: Thorn. Thorny vines strike upward.
Down-smash: Quake: The ground quakes around Isaac.

Special Moves: Special moves are a combination of djinn, psynergy, and weapon unleashes.
B: Summon Djinn. When held down, Isaac will summon a djinni. The djinni will appear as a glowing ball of energy floating around Isaac, and he can have up to three/four djinn at a time. When pressed, a djinni will launch forward towards an enemy like a projectile. Each djinni will have different effects (similar to G&W's hammer). Vine will attack with thorny vines, Ground will bury opponents, etc. So as not to be too complicated, all djinn will be attack moves.
Up-B: Megiddo. Isaac jumps into the air with his Sol Blade glowing. If he connects with an opponent, they get engulfed is a searing ball of plasma.
Down-B: Grand Gaia. Isaac casts Grand Gaia, surrounding himself with energy and launching a column of stones and boulders skyward. The move feels similar to Pikachu's thunder, albeit slower.
Side-B: Stone Justice. Isaac launches himself horizontally, surrounded by stones, boulders and venus energy.

Final Smash: Judgment. Isaac will summon Judgment, who appears in the sky and blast whoever is unlucky enough to be near Isaac at the time. A shockwave will ripple out horizontally from the blast and knock away any players who can't avoid it.

Stage entrance: Teleport/Retreat. Isaac materializes out of the glowing energy around him.

I'm not going to go into full detail on tilts, aerials, and other moves. Those moves are mostly basic jabs, kicks and sword strikes. He can't be too flashy with all his moves.

For this moveset, I'm trying to focus on Isaac's telekinetic and earth-based powers as much as possible. I want him to stand out as the swordsman who fights with telekinesis and earth powers, not a swordsman who fights with a random magical abilities. That's why I have Ragnarok as a smash attack, rather than a special move. I also keep all of his psychic hand abilities tied to his grabs. I want his special moves to be earth-focused as much as possible.

I'm not completely satisfied with the moveset as I'd like to include more plant-based attacks such as growth and punji. Right now his only plant move is a smash attack. I'm also not sure how to implement djinn without making them too complicated or awkward.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
anybody ever think of the possibility of Felix? either playable or not.

he could replace Issac for the assist trophy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Always thought that to that Felix could easily replace Isaac's AT function.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So, I've played it for a few hours... I have to say, I'm loving the style of this game. The movement effects bothered me at first but now I just love watching it. It has one of the best combat systems of its time.

Sure, Isaac isn't exactly an interesting character in it (let's be honest, he's not really a character at all) but it's a great game.

Somebody, throw me onto a supporter's list! :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He becomes a character in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn though. ;) Glad to have you with us though!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I think if Sakurai still wants to have a GS AT with the same effect and doesn't make Matthew the new AT, Felix would be the next in line. Other than that, I could see a Felix colour-swap for Isaac, but apart from that he'd probably just be a trophy. He did have the occasional request for playability over Isaac pre-Brawl though.

So, I've played it for a few hours... I have to say, I'm loving the style of this game. The movement effects bothered me at first but now I just love watching it. It has one of the best combat systems of its time.

Sure, Isaac isn't exactly an interesting character in it (let's be honest, he's not really a character at all) but it's a great game.

Somebody, throw me onto a supporter's list! :p
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. ^_^
Don't worry, Isaac grows at least a little bit of a personality in the later two games. ;)

And I'll add you to the supporter list I keep in my head that I totally didn't just make up. :grin::laugh:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Speaking of Isaac from the later games... would it be super weird if he got in as Adult Isaac instead of the younger Isaac? I personally prefer his older design... we also don't actually have many (any?) characters with a beard. :awesome:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Speaking of Isaac from the later games... would it be super weird if he got in as Adult Isaac instead of the younger Isaac? I personally prefer his older design... we also don't actually have many (any?) characters with a beard. :awesome:

:awesome:

But seriously, it's unlikely Sakurai would go with his appearance as a more minor NPC over the iconic and popular look he's most well known for and had the biggest impact with. If Sakurai wanted to represent Dark Dawn, he'd likely just choose Matthew.

Arteen

Smash Lord
The original Golden Sun (and TLA, of course) is gorgeous for a GBA game. It's what initially caught my interest with the game.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The original Golden Sun (and TLA, of course) is gorgeous for a GBA game. It's what initially caught my interest with the game.

Yeah, when I was researching it I was really confused when I saw pictures... I had to double check that it actually was for the GBA.

It's really somethin' special. I think I'm going to play it some more right now.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I also want Issac because of all the Golden Sun music.

Seriously. you could just pop in the ENTIRE OST and be golden. (actually what I'm doing right now.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Lol, didn't even mean to do that. but whatever, puns are funny.

or should I say Punny?
no I shouldn't

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I agree, shame the sole GS track in Brawl was relegated to being on Norfair. Seriously, why there? :p

Well... it was kind of fitting since they were fighting in the Mars Lighthouse, and that was basically Ice/Lava themed. (Mostly lava later on if I recall correctly).

Better than any other stage, I guess. But I really liked the mix they chose. Could have looped better, but still pretty alright. I want a giant medley of ALL Golden Sun battle themes instead. I love them all! Solo Saturos battle is my favorite.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Great!

Now the question is...

Did you beat Deadbeard?
*Does a google search*
No....

I haven't visited Crossbone isle, and I didn't rescue Hammet.:urg:

Defeating the fusion dragon was a pain in the ***. I probably won't dare...

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
The best part of that game was all the extras at the end. It really set you up for the sequel

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
*Does a google search*
No....

I haven't visited Crossbone isle, and I didn't rescue Hammet.:urg:

Defeating the fusion dragon was a pain in the ***. I probably won't dare...

You, dear sir, have not yet completed Golden Sun.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
To be fair, neither is Link but I feel both characters easily make up for it with their abilities. They're both kind of your stereotypical "silent protagonist."

Entirely true.

I think I might make a moveset for Isaac soon, now that I've played enough of the game to do so. I just got to Crossbone Isle for the first time.

He'd have an emphasis on chargeable specials, as all of them can be held to enhance the effect.

Up B, Spire
Side B, Ragnarok
Neutral B, Summon Random Offensive Djinn
Down B, Earthquake

Final Smash, Judgment

Grabs/Throws: Move

Somethin' like that. We'll see. His moveset would be fantastic, throwing in earthy effects for his smashes and aerials. Anyway, later today I'll post a write-up. :)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I might be able to get a hard copy of the game from my cousin tomorrow :D

looking forward to it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
this is becoming the "i've just got into golden sun" thread

not that that's a complaint just an observation

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I wish more people would get into Golden Sun. Would certainly boost Isaac's popularity. Can't think of anyone who hasn't played Golden Sun who doesn't want him in there.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, I wish more people would get into Golden Sun. Would certainly boost Isaac's popularity. Can't think of anyone who hasn't played Golden Sun who doesn't want him in there.
yeah, I was kinda "meh" about his inclusion until I actually went and tried playing it. Now I REALLY want him in.

I think that's how it works for most unrepresented series, though. usually to a lesser extent.

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
I would really like to see with Isaac or Matthew in the game.
For some reason if it was Matthew I'd want his FS to be either Odyssey or the Crystalux summon.
Hey my first post

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's one thing I don't see a huge amount of talk about when it comes to the chances for a Golden Sun rep in smash bros.

Even though we know the roster will be the same on both the console and portable version of the game. The very fact that there's a portable version gives the Golden Sun series a huge boost in terms of chances. Golden Suns' home is on the portables so if more emphasis is being placed on the handhelds than before.....Golden Sun will surely be one of the more obvious additions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Never thought of it that way actually. Good point. Golden Sun is still one of Nintendo their bigger handheld franchises.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
There's one thing I don't see a huge amount of talk about when it comes to the chances for a Golden Sun rep in smash bros.

Even though we know the roster will be the same on both the console and portable version of the game. The very fact that there's a portable version gives the Golden Sun series a huge boost in terms of chances. Golden Suns' home is on the portables so if more emphasis is being placed on the handhelds than before.....Golden Sun will surely be one of the more obvious additions.
Hmm, that is a good point. I now have higher hopes for Isaac's entry.

Anyhoo, I have once again completely revamped mine Isaac move set. This time, I made a LOT more of his moves Venus/Earth-based--not only this, but I tried to focus on making him more unique from the other sword and magick users in Smash Bros, in terms of playstyle. I also managed to come up with a Djinn/Summon concept that is simple, but at the same time can be either effective or hindering, depending on how wisely you use it (the idea really just popped in my head when I was brainstorming). In this moveset, excluding the "hand" attacks, there are only five Psynergy-based moves that are non-Venus (Quick Strike, Cyclone, Cutting Edge, Burst, and Death Plunge, respectively).

Anyhow, here it is. Hopefully you lot will like it better than the other one I posted.

[collapse="Isaac Moveset"]
♦ Index:

1). Regular Attack
2). Other Moves & Actions
3). Tilt Attacks
4). Smash Attacks
5). Aerial Attacks
6). Special Moves
7). Grab Attacks
8). Taunts, Poses, Etc.
9). Final Smash

Summary
Despite wielding a sword, many of Isaac’s moves consist of magickal attacks. In terms of speed, weight, and mobility, Isaac is very much like Roy. Isaac’s play style is ideal both for offensive and defensive approaches, and is capable both in the air and on the ground.​

1). Regular Attack (or “jab”):

• Jab 1: Isaac performs a two-handed downward vertical slash that knocks the opponent away a little, but keeps him/her in range for a combo.
• Jab 2: Isaac brings his sword up with a second vertical slash that knocks the opponent away a little, but keeps him/her within arm’s length.

• Regular Attack (with item): Isaac performs a swift two-handed vertical slash with the weapon. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

2). Other Moves & Actions:

• Initial Jump Animation & Height: Isaac leaps into the air with his sword hand relaxed and free hand balled into a fist and held close to his waist. Has about the same height and distance as Roy’s jump. Isaac descends with his arms spread and feet close together.

• Initial Jump Animation & Height (backward): Isaac leaps backward with his arms spread and feet close together. About the same height and distance as Roy’s jump.

• Secondary Jump Animation & Height: Isaac does a quick somersault. About as high and far as Roy’s double-jump.

• Secondary Jump Animation & Height (backward): Isaac does a quick back flip. About as high and far as Roy’s double-jump.

• Spot Dodge Animation & Duration: With his sword sheathed and hand still on the hilt, Isaac leans to the side with his free hand held out in front of him. A tiny bit shorter than Ike’s spot dodge.

• Air Dodge Animation & Duration: Isaac spins his body with his sword pointed downward and his free hand held out in front of him. Roughly as long as Ike’s air dodge.

• Dash Attack (Quick Strike): Isaac leaps forward and performs a swift and strong diagonal slash that sends the opponent flying. Similar to Ike’s dash attack, but faster. Quick startup.

• Dash Attack (with item): Isaac leaps forward and performs a strong two-handed vertical strike. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Get-up Attack (face up): Isaac performs a quick, but weak, low vertical slash in front of him, then a weak thrust behind him.

• Get-up Attack (face down): Isaac swings his sword in front of him, then behind him. Not particularly powerful.

• Edge Climb Attack: Isaac performs a quick, but weak, diagonal slash.

• Second Edge Climb Attack (when damage percent is high): Isaac performs a weak and slightly slow diagonal slash.

3). Tilt Attacks:

• Forward Tilt (Mother Earth): A stone the size of a beach ball appears in front of Isaac, hovering. Instantly, Isaac smashes the huge stone with his sword, and the stone shatters into tiny bits. This attack does a good deal of damage whilst sending the opponent flying. Quick startup. Can kill at high percentages if used near the edge of the stage. About the same range as Charizard’s side special. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Forward Tilt (with item): Isaac lunges forward, performing a swift two-handed vertical strike. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Upward Tilt (Terra Strike): With both hands, Isaac swings his sword to the ground. At the same time, a sharp-pointed pillar of rock bursts from the ground in front of him, sending the opponent flying straight upward. Quick startup. Great vertical range, little horizontal range. Can kill at high percentages. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Downward Tilt (Briar): Isaac places his palm on the ground. In that instant, a batch of thorny vines sprout from the ground in front of him, damaging the opponent(s) multiple times whilst pushing them away. Instant startup. Medium vertical and horizontal range. Can be "jab-cancelled" into.

4). Smash Attacks:

• Forward Smash (Ragnarok): Isaac raises his sword with both hands, gathering energy, then swings his sword downward diagonally. At the same time, a giant glowing blade materialises above him and plunges into the ground in front of him, creating an explosion that sends the opponent(s) flying. Slightly slow startup. Can kill at medium-high percentages, especially if charged.

• Forward Smash (with item): Isaac performs a strong two-handed vertical slash. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Upward Smash (Gaia): Isaac balls his free into a fist, then thrusts his hand into the air, palm open. At the same time, a myriad of molten rocks burst from a glowing fissure beneath him. The rocks damage the opponent(s) multiple times whilst keeping them in the air. The width, height, strength, and duration of the attack depend on how long the move is charged. If used immediately, it will only cover a medium area around and above Isaac and last for half a second; if fully charged, it will cover twice the area and last for 1 ½ seconds. Very slightly slow startup.

• Downward Smash (Growth): Isaac slams his palm to the ground. At the same time, a barrage of thorny vines sprout from the ground around and beneath him. The vines damage opponents multiple times whilst entangling them. The longer the move is charged, the more tall, lush, and prickly the vines will be. For a short time the vines remain on the stage after the attack, enabling Isaac to attack or finish off any foe trapped in the vines--if the move is used immediately, the vines will remain for half a second; if the move is fully charged, the vines will remain for three seconds. Quick startup.

5). Aerial Attacks:

• Neutral Aerial (Cyclone): Isaac sheaths his sword and thrusts his palm forward. At the same time, a whirlwind of dust and rocks encircles him, damaging any nearby opponent. Instant startup. Good horizontal and vertical range. (Author’s note: I was thinking about calling this move “Sandstorm” for the sake of keeping Isaac earth-based, but ultimately chose Cyclone, the name this move has in the game)

• Forward Aerial (Cutting Edge): Isaac performs a swift slash of his sword, conjuring a blue shockwave that travels a short distance. The shockwave does a decent amount of damage whilst knocking the opponent away. Quick startup. Great horizontal range and good vertical range.

• Backward Aerial (Annihilation): In a lightning-fast motion, Isaac whirls around and performs a strong two-handed strike with his sword. Usually, if the blow connects, this attack will knock the opponent away a medium distance, and an orange, holographic form of the Japanese Kanji symbol “horobiru” will appear in front of Isaac. In rare instances, the Japanese Kanji symbol “korosu” will appear in front of Isaac, and the opponent will, in all likelihood, be KO’ed. Instant startup. Similar to Marth, this move will turn Isaac around.

• Upward Aerial (Burst): Isaac thrusts his palm into the air, and from it unleashes an explosion of flame and pebble. Very slightly slow startup. Can kill at high percentages, though a little hard to land.

• Downward Aerial (Spire): Isaac thrust his palm downward, conjuring a large, sharp stone that plummets straight downward. The stone shatters once it makes contact with an opponent or object. Does a decent amount of damage whilst sending the opponent flying, depending on their damage percentage. Quick startup.

6). Special Moves:

• Standard Special 1 (Flint): Isaac raises his sword with both hands--at the same time, several golden balls of energy combine to form the shape of a Venus Djinni. Once the Venus Djinni, Flint, is fully materialised, Isaac performs a powerful two-handed strike that sends the opponent(s) flying. About 4/5 the startup time as Captain Falcon’s Falcon Punch. Can kill at medium-high percentages. After Isaac uses this attack, Isaac will be able to use a new special move (see Standard Special 2), but all of his other attacks will be weakened in power. Isaac can now either use the new standard special move, or set his standard special back to Flint by using his Side-Taunt.

• Standard Special 2 (Summon Venus): Isaac raises his free hand into the air, palm open. In that same instant, the golden holographic form of a Venus Djinni appears above him, and a myriad of large, golden energy balls shoot from the ground beneath and around Isaac, sending any unlucky opponent flying in the air. Quick startup. Can kill at medium-high percentages. This move can only be used after Isaac has used his first standard special move, Flint, or after Isaac uses his Side-Taunt whilst Flint was set as his standard special. After Isaac summons Venus, there will be a ten-second interval in which he will not be able to use either standard special again--after the interval, Isaac’s standard special will be set back to Flint.

• Side Special (Move): Isaac thrusts his free hand forward, palm open. At the same time, a ghostly hand the size of Isaac appears and moves forward a short distance. The hand does no damage to the opponent(s); it only pushes them away. It also acts as a shield from projectiles. If used in the air, Isaac’s descent will be slowed. Depending on the situation, the effects of this move can be devastating. Instant startup. (Author’s Note: I originally chose “Stone Justice” as his side special, but went with “Move” instead, as I felt it would be a much more useful move. Just imagine the many ways you could annoy your opponents with this!)

• Upward Special (Retreat): Isaac spins in the air like a top, his body dematerialising into tiny bits. He then reappears either in the air or in the direction the control stick is held. Roughly the same distance as Zelda’s upward special. At the start of the move, adjacent opponents are damaged by Isaac’s sword. When Isaac reappears, he unleashes several tiny bits of energy in a circle formation, damaging any nearby opponent. Instant startup.

• Downward Special (Earthquake): Isaac balls his free hand into a fist and raises his sword in the air, conjuring an earthquake that damages nearby opponents whilst sending them flying upward. Like Donkey Kong’s down-special, this move can be held indefinitely, but it leaves Isaac open for an aerial attack.

7). Grab Attacks:

• Grab (Catch/Grip): Isaac thrusts his free hand outward, palm open. At the same time, a ghostly hand about as big as Isaac grabs at the opponent. Fairly long range, but slightly slow startup. Dash-grab is a little faster, but has lower range. Pivot grab is fastest and has the longest range. Can be used for “tether recovery”. If this is used on an opponent from the air, instead of grabbing the opponent the hand will knock the opponent away.

• Pummel: The ghostly hand squeezes the opponent as it is wrapped around him/her. Strong, but somewhat slow.

• Forward Throw (Force): Isaac thrusts his palm forward. At the same time, the ghostly hand sends the opponent flying away with a punch. Right when the hand punches the opponent, it bursts like a firework and disappears. Does a decent amount of damage. Can kill at high percentages if used near the edge of a stage.

• Backward Throw (Slap): Isaac whirls around and thrusts his palm outward. At the same time, the ghostly hand turns with Isaac, releases the opponent, and sends him/her flying away with a slap. The hand then shrinks and disappears. Does not do too much damage, but it does knock the opponent a fair distance.

• Upward Throw (Death Plunge): Isaac disperses the ghost-hand, grabs the opponent with his free hand, and leaps high into the air. As Isaac descends, he lets go of the opponent at the last moment. As the opponent hits the ground, an explosion of flame and dust sends him/her flying. Similar to Kirby’s upward throw, except it can kill at high percentages.

• Downward Throw (Pound): Isaac thrusts his palm at the ground. At the same time, the ghostly hand places the opponent on the ground face-up. As the opponent squirms (similar to Koopa/Bowser’s down-throw), the hand balls into a fist and slams down on him/her. As the hand makes contact, it bursts into a dozen star-shaped bits. Does a decent amount of damage. The opponent flies upward a medium distance.

8). Taunts, Poses, Etc:

• Up-Taunt: Isaac sheaths his sword, faces the screen, and enters a “thinking” pose, his left elbow rested on his right forearm--he then raises his head and index finger, and a white word bubble containing a light bulb will appear over his head with a familiar “Bling!” sound.

• Side-Taunt: Isaac holds up his palm, in his palm is a Venus Djinni. For half a second he looks at the Djinni. He then raises his palm above his head and the Djinni then spins in the air and disappears. Using this taunt will switch Isaac’s standard special move from “Flint” to “Summon Venus”, and vice versa. If switching to Flint, Isaac’s body will flash white; if switching to Summon Venus, Isaac will flash red.

• Down-Taunt: Isaac faces the screen, pulls out a large gold coin, tosses it in the air, and deftly catches it as it descends.

• Victory Pose 1: With his sword sheathed, Isaac raises his fist into the air in triumph, a content smile on his face.

• Victory Pose 2: Facing the screen with a calm, confident expression, Isaac sticks the tip of his sword into the ground, never letting go of it. At the same time, the Venus Djinni Flint hops from beneath Isaac’s scarf and onto the floor next to Isaac, enlarging its body as it descends.

• Victory Pose 3: Nodding to himself in contentment, Isaac then raises both hands into the air and his body begins to glow. He then transforms into a large shining sphere that divides into smaller spheres as it ascends, eventually disappearing from the screen.

• Idle Pose 1: Isaac stands erect and briefly glances above him.

• Idle Pose 2: Isaac stands erect and briefly glances from side to side.

• Onscreen Appearance (when the match begins): A myriad of tiny rainbow-coloured spheres gather from all around, forming Isaac’s shape from bottom to top. All the while, Isaac spins in the air. Once Isaac is fully materialised, he lands on the ground and readies his sword.

9). Final Smash (Megiddo): A black message box appears at the bottom of the screen, saying “Isaac’s Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!” At the same instant, the entire scenery is engulfed in flame, and Isaac leaps sky high. A large meteor falls from the sky, towards Isaac. With both hands on the hilt of his sword, Isaac flies above the meteor, raises his sword, and brings it down on the enflamed rock, sending it plunging to the earth. As the meteor hits the ground, it creates a large explosion that all but engulfs the stage. Any opponent whom is so much as grazed by the meteor or caught in the blast is instantly KO’ed. (Author’s note: I considered changing his Final Smash to Odyssey or Judgment, but I felt Megiddo would simply be a better attack, visually and gameplay-wise)
[/collapse]

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that is a good point. I now have higher hopes for Isaac's entry.

Anyhoo, I have once again completely revamped mine Isaac move set. This time, I made a LOT more of his moves Venus/Earth-based--not only this, but I tried to focus on making him more unique from the other sword and magick users in Smash Bros, in terms of playstyle. I also managed to come up with a Djinn/Summon concept that is simple, but at the same time can be either effective or hindering, depending on how wisely you use it (the idea really just popped in my head when I was brainstorming). In this moveset, excluding the "hand" attacks, there are only five Psynergy-based moves that are non-Venus (Quick Strike, Cyclone, Cutting Edge, Burst, and Death Plunge, respectively).

Anyhow, here it is. Hopefully you lot will like it better than the other one I posted.

[collapse="Isaac Moveset"]
♦ Index:

1). Regular Attack
2). Other Moves & Actions
3). Tilt Attacks
4). Smash Attacks
5). Aerial Attacks
6). Special Moves
7). Grab Attacks
8). Taunts, Poses, Etc.
9). Final Smash

Summary
Despite wielding a sword, many of Isaac’s moves consist of magickal attacks. In terms of speed, weight, and mobility, Isaac is very much like Roy. Isaac’s play style is ideal both for offensive and defensive approaches, and is capable both in the air and on the ground.​

1). Regular Attack (or “jab”):

• Jab 1: Isaac performs a two-handed downward vertical slash that knocks the opponent away a little, but keeps him/her in range for a combo.
• Jab 2: Isaac brings his sword up with a second vertical slash that knocks the opponent away a little, but keeps him/her within arm’s length.

• Regular Attack (with item): Isaac performs a swift two-handed vertical slash with the weapon. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

2). Other Moves & Actions:

• Initial Jump Animation & Height: Isaac leaps into the air with his sword hand relaxed and free hand balled into a fist and held close to his waist. Has about the same height and distance as Roy’s jump. Isaac descends with his arms spread and feet close together.

• Initial Jump Animation & Height (backward): Isaac leaps backward with his arms spread and feet close together. About the same height and distance as Roy’s jump.

• Secondary Jump Animation & Height: Isaac does a quick somersault. About as high and far as Roy’s double-jump.

• Secondary Jump Animation & Height (backward): Isaac does a quick back flip. About as high and far as Roy’s double-jump.

• Spot Dodge Animation & Duration: With his sword sheathed and hand still on the hilt, Isaac leans to the side with his free hand held out in front of him. A tiny bit shorter than Ike’s spot dodge.

• Air Dodge Animation & Duration: Isaac spins his body with his sword pointed downward and his free hand held out in front of him. Roughly as long as Ike’s air dodge.

• Dash Attack (Quick Strike): Isaac leaps forward and performs a swift and strong diagonal slash that sends the opponent flying. Similar to Ike’s dash attack, but faster. Quick startup.

• Dash Attack (with item): Isaac leaps forward and performs a strong two-handed vertical strike. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Get-up Attack (face up): Isaac performs a quick, but weak, low vertical slash in front of him, then a weak thrust behind him.

• Get-up Attack (face down): Isaac swings his sword in front of him, then behind him. Not particularly powerful.

• Edge Climb Attack: Isaac performs a quick, but weak, diagonal slash.

• Second Edge Climb Attack (when damage percent is high): Isaac performs a weak and slightly slow diagonal slash.

3). Tilt Attacks:

• Forward Tilt (Mother Earth): A stone the size of a beach ball appears in front of Isaac, hovering. Instantly, Isaac smashes the huge stone with his sword, and the stone shatters into tiny bits. This attack does a good deal of damage whilst sending the opponent flying. Quick startup. Can kill at high percentages if used near the edge of the stage. About the same range as Charizard’s side special. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Forward Tilt (with item): Isaac lunges forward, performing a swift two-handed vertical strike. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Upward Tilt (Terra Strike): With both hands, Isaac swings his sword to the ground. At the same time, a sharp-pointed pillar of rock bursts from the ground in front of him, sending the opponent flying straight upward. Quick startup. Great vertical range, little horizontal range. Can kill at high percentages. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Downward Tilt (Briar): Isaac places his palm on the ground. In that instant, a batch of thorny vines sprout from the ground in front of him, damaging the opponent(s) multiple times whilst pushing them away. Instant startup. Medium vertical and horizontal range. Can be "jab-cancelled" into.

4). Smash Attacks:

• Forward Smash (Ragnarok): Isaac raises his sword with both hands, gathering energy, then swings his sword downward diagonally. At the same time, a giant glowing blade materialises above him and plunges into the ground in front of him, creating an explosion that sends the opponent(s) flying. Slightly slow startup. Can kill at medium-high percentages, especially if charged.

• Forward Smash (with item): Isaac performs a strong two-handed vertical slash. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Upward Smash (Gaia): Isaac balls his free into a fist, then thrusts his hand into the air, palm open. At the same time, a myriad of molten rocks burst from a glowing fissure beneath him. The rocks damage the opponent(s) multiple times whilst keeping them in the air. The width, height, strength, and duration of the attack depend on how long the move is charged. If used immediately, it will only cover a medium area around and above Isaac and last for half a second; if fully charged, it will cover twice the area and last for 1 ½ seconds. Very slightly slow startup.

• Downward Smash (Growth): Isaac slams his palm to the ground. At the same time, a barrage of thorny vines sprout from the ground around and beneath him. The vines damage opponents multiple times whilst entangling them. The longer the move is charged, the more tall, lush, and prickly the vines will be. For a short time the vines remain on the stage after the attack, enabling Isaac to attack or finish off any foe trapped in the vines--if the move is used immediately, the vines will remain for half a second; if the move is fully charged, the vines will remain for three seconds. Quick startup.

5). Aerial Attacks:

• Neutral Aerial (Cyclone): Isaac sheaths his sword and thrusts his palm forward. At the same time, a whirlwind of dust and rocks encircles him, damaging any nearby opponent. Instant startup. Good horizontal and vertical range. (Author’s note: I was thinking about calling this move “Sandstorm” for the sake of keeping Isaac earth-based, but ultimately chose Cyclone, the name this move has in the game)

• Forward Aerial (Cutting Edge): Isaac performs a swift slash of his sword, conjuring a blue shockwave that travels a short distance. The shockwave does a decent amount of damage whilst knocking the opponent away. Quick startup. Great horizontal range and good vertical range.

• Backward Aerial (Annihilation): In a lightning-fast motion, Isaac whirls around and performs a strong two-handed strike with his sword. Usually, if the blow connects, this attack will knock the opponent away a medium distance, and an orange, holographic form of the Japanese Kanji symbol “horobiru” will appear in front of Isaac. In rare instances, the Japanese Kanji symbol “korosu” will appear in front of Isaac, and the opponent will, in all likelihood, be KO’ed. Instant startup. Similar to Marth, this move will turn Isaac around.

• Upward Aerial (Burst): Isaac thrusts his palm into the air, and from it unleashes an explosion of flame and pebble. Very slightly slow startup. Can kill at high percentages, though a little hard to land.

• Downward Aerial (Spire): Isaac thrust his palm downward, conjuring a large, sharp stone that plummets straight downward. The stone shatters once it makes contact with an opponent or object. Does a decent amount of damage whilst sending the opponent flying, depending on their damage percentage. Quick startup.

6). Special Moves:

• Standard Special 1 (Flint): Isaac raises his sword with both hands--at the same time, several golden balls of energy combine to form the shape of a Venus Djinni. Once the Venus Djinni, Flint, is fully materialised, Isaac performs a powerful two-handed strike that sends the opponent(s) flying. About 4/5 the startup time as Captain Falcon’s Falcon Punch. Can kill at medium-high percentages. After Isaac uses this attack, Isaac will be able to use a new special move (see Standard Special 2), but all of his other attacks will be weakened in power. Isaac can now either use the new standard special move, or set his standard special back to Flint by using his Side-Taunt.

• Standard Special 2 (Summon Venus): Isaac raises his free hand into the air, palm open. In that same instant, the golden holographic form of a Venus Djinni appears above him, and a myriad of large, golden energy balls shoot from the ground beneath and around Isaac, sending any unlucky opponent flying in the air. Quick startup. Can kill at medium-high percentages. This move can only be used after Isaac has used his first standard special move, Flint, or after Isaac uses his Side-Taunt whilst Flint was set as his standard special. After Isaac summons Venus, there will be a ten-second interval in which he will not be able to use either standard special again--after the interval, Isaac’s standard special will be set back to Flint.

• Side Special (Move): Isaac thrusts his free hand forward, palm open. At the same time, a ghostly hand the size of Isaac appears and moves forward a short distance. The hand does no damage to the opponent(s); it only pushes them away. It also acts as a shield from projectiles. If used in the air, Isaac’s descent will be slowed. Depending on the situation, the effects of this move can be devastating. Instant startup. (Author’s Note: I originally chose “Stone Justice” as his side special, but went with “Move” instead, as I felt it would be a much more useful move. Just imagine the many ways you could annoy your opponents with this!)

• Upward Special (Retreat): Isaac spins in the air like a top, his body dematerialising into tiny bits. He then reappears either in the air or in the direction the control stick is held. Roughly the same distance as Zelda’s upward special. At the start of the move, adjacent opponents are damaged by Isaac’s sword. When Isaac reappears, he unleashes several tiny bits of energy in a circle formation, damaging any nearby opponent. Instant startup.

• Downward Special (Earthquake): Isaac balls his free hand into a fist and raises his sword in the air, conjuring an earthquake that damages nearby opponents whilst sending them flying upward. Like Donkey Kong’s down-special, this move can be held indefinitely, but it leaves Isaac open for an aerial attack.

7). Grab Attacks:

• Grab (Catch/Grip): Isaac thrusts his free hand outward, palm open. At the same time, a ghostly hand about as big as Isaac grabs at the opponent. Fairly long range, but slightly slow startup. Dash-grab is a little faster, but has lower range. Pivot grab is fastest and has the longest range. Can be used for “tether recovery”. If this is used on an opponent from the air, instead of grabbing the opponent the hand will knock the opponent away.

• Pummel: The ghostly hand squeezes the opponent as it is wrapped around him/her. Strong, but somewhat slow.

• Forward Throw (Force): Isaac thrusts his palm forward. At the same time, the ghostly hand sends the opponent flying away with a punch. Right when the hand punches the opponent, it bursts like a firework and disappears. Does a decent amount of damage. Can kill at high percentages if used near the edge of a stage.

• Backward Throw (Slap): Isaac whirls around and thrusts his palm outward. At the same time, the ghostly hand turns with Isaac, releases the opponent, and sends him/her flying away with a slap. The hand then shrinks and disappears. Does not do too much damage, but it does knock the opponent a fair distance.

• Upward Throw (Death Plunge): Isaac disperses the ghost-hand, grabs the opponent with his free hand, and leaps high into the air. As Isaac descends, he lets go of the opponent at the last moment. As the opponent hits the ground, an explosion of flame and dust sends him/her flying. Similar to Kirby’s upward throw, except it can kill at high percentages.

• Downward Throw (Pound): Isaac thrusts his palm at the ground. At the same time, the ghostly hand places the opponent on the ground face-up. As the opponent squirms (similar to Koopa/Bowser’s down-throw), the hand balls into a fist and slams down on him/her. As the hand makes contact, it bursts into a dozen star-shaped bits. Does a decent amount of damage. The opponent flies upward a medium distance.

8). Taunts, Poses, Etc:

• Up-Taunt: Isaac sheaths his sword, faces the screen, and enters a “thinking” pose, his left elbow rested on his right forearm--he then raises his head and index finger, and a white word bubble containing a light bulb will appear over his head with a familiar “Bling!” sound.

• Side-Taunt: Isaac holds up his palm, in his palm is a Venus Djinni. For half a second he looks at the Djinni. He then raises his palm above his head and the Djinni then spins in the air and disappears. Using this taunt will switch Isaac’s standard special move from “Flint” to “Summon Venus”, and vice versa. If switching to Flint, Isaac’s body will flash white; if switching to Summon Venus, Isaac will flash red.

• Down-Taunt: Isaac faces the screen, pulls out a large gold coin, tosses it in the air, and deftly catches it as it descends.

• Victory Pose 1: With his sword sheathed, Isaac raises his fist into the air in triumph, a content smile on his face.

• Victory Pose 2: Facing the screen with a calm, confident expression, Isaac sticks the tip of his sword into the ground, never letting go of it. At the same time, the Venus Djinni Flint hops from beneath Isaac’s scarf and onto the floor next to Isaac, enlarging its body as it descends.

• Victory Pose 3: Nodding to himself in contentment, Isaac then raises both hands into the air and his body begins to glow. He then transforms into a large shining sphere that divides into smaller spheres as it ascends, eventually disappearing from the screen.

• Idle Pose 1: Isaac stands erect and briefly glances above him.

• Idle Pose 2: Isaac stands erect and briefly glances from side to side.

• Onscreen Appearance (when the match begins): A myriad of tiny rainbow-coloured spheres gather from all around, forming Isaac’s shape from bottom to top. All the while, Isaac spins in the air. Once Isaac is fully materialised, he lands on the ground and readies his sword.

9). Final Smash (Megiddo): A black message box appears at the bottom of the screen, saying “Isaac’s Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!” At the same instant, the entire scenery is engulfed in flame, and Isaac leaps sky high. A large meteor falls from the sky, towards Isaac. With both hands on the hilt of his sword, Isaac flies above the meteor, raises his sword, and brings it down on the enflamed rock, sending it plunging to the earth. As the meteor hits the ground, it creates a large explosion that all but engulfs the stage. Any opponent whom is so much as grazed by the meteor or caught in the blast is instantly KO’ed. (Author’s note: I considered changing his Final Smash to Odyssey or Judgment, but I felt Megiddo would simply be a better attack, visually and gameplay-wise)
[/collapse]
Cool moveset. My one gripe is that I would like more Djinn than Flint. Maybe inputting a direction would change it to a different Djinn, and using multiple Djinn would make for a stronger Summon at the cost of a greater stat cost? Also, I kinda like Quake more as a DSmash or DTilt, but that's just me so w/e.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Cool moveset. My one gripe is that I would like more Djinn than Flint. Maybe inputting a direction would change it to a different Djinn, and using multiple Djinn would make for a stronger Summon at the cost of a greater stat cost? Also, I kinda like Quake more as a DSmash or DTilt, but that's just me so w/e.
Hmm, I did think about that, but was worried about making it too complicated, so I just stuck with one Djinni. I will see if I can come up with something, though.

Also, I originally had Quake as his down-tilt, but changed it to Briar after making Terra Strike his upward tilt.

If we had a second playable Golden Sun character, I would love for it to be Felix. He would not have to be a complete clone; they could give him many subtle differences, like how they did with Falco and Fox. Despite having similar special moves, Fox and Falco have totally different playstyles. This could be the case with Isaac and Felix. Although, they would probably have the same Final Smash like Fox and Falco...

Come to think of it, if Isaac does make it in Smash 4, whom would voice him? I am hoping they will just give him a Japanese voice actor for all versions of the game. Also, I hope Isaac will have absolutely no dialogue. If it turns out Isaac does have dialogue and does have an English voice actor, I would like it to be Johnny Yong Bosch, or maybe one of the Fire Emblem: Awakening voice actors. If Felix got in, I would want his voice actor to be Yuri Lowenthal.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd rather go with Jenna as a 2nd rep.

She was briefly playable in GS 1, and had a solo mission at the beginning of GS 2. Then she becomes a perma party member. Making her the 2nd most used party member in the franchise.

Plus... another earth user? I know we have a lot of fire users.. but she could easily take over Roy's sword attacks, and fire-variations of Isaac's psyenergy as special attacks.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Alex is my pick. He's a major antagonist in each game, and would have a cool moveset based around water and ice. A fair number of characters use fire, wind and electricity, but very few use water.

Sveta would be a good choice to rep Dark Dawn specifically. She's the most plot-important character in the game. Even more so than Matthew, who is only on the adventure to get a feather. She's a werewolf, so if Wolf gets dropped, she could take all of his A moves. She's a jupiter adept, so she would have various wind and electrical psynergy abilities at her disposal too. Jenna or even Sheba would be fine choices, as well.

Top Bottom