• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
i had this weird dream the other day that the GS teams made the cut.

What i mean by this is you have the team of Isaac, Garet, Ivan and Mia as one group. This works like PT/Zelda. Where each characters has moves based on their combat, psynergy, and Djinns. And you switch between them with Down+B.
Then you have the team of Felix, Jenna, Sheba and Piers and it's sort of the same thing.

I reckon it be cool, but it's a long shot and Golden Sun isn't really in the best shape to garner such attention. Which is said cause it could of been something to make it really unique.

I would like that a lot actually.

In fact, it would take a lot less development time if they all played alike, except with varying stats (and elemental psyenergy).

So I don't know...
Isaac is all-around,
Garet is strong and slow,
Ivan is very quick but physically weak,
and Mia´s magic is strong but she's light.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yeah, seeing Isaac in high-definition would certainly be cool. They have got to include him this time...

Oh, and for the few whom might care, I just finished rewriting an old Isaac move set I posted here a long time ago. This time, I made a lot more of his moves Psynergy-based. Pretty much every move save for the jabs and tilts are based on moves Isaac is capable of using in Golden Sun 1 & 2 (I have labeled each one). Feel free to offer any feedback.

[collapse="Isaac Moveset"]
♦ Index:

1). Regular Attack
2). Other Moves & Actions
3). Tilt Attacks
4). Smash Attacks
5). Aerial Attacks
6). Special Moves
7). Grab Attacks
8). Taunts, Poses, Etc.
9). Final Smash

1). Regular Attack (or “jab”):

• Jab 1: Isaac performs a two-handed downward vertical slash that knocks the opponent away a little, but keeps him/her in range for a combo.
• Jab 2: Isaac brings his sword up with a second vertical slash that knocks the opponent away a little, but keeps him/her within arm’s length.

• Regular Attack (with item): Isaac performs a swift two-handed vertical slash with the weapon. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

2). Other Moves & Actions:

Note: Despite using a sword, many of Isaac’s moves consist of magickal attacks. In terms of speed, weight, and mobility, Isaac is very much like Roy. Isaac’s play style is ideal both for offensive and defensive approaches, and is capable both in the air and on the ground.

• Initial Jump Animation & Height: Isaac leaps into the air with his sword hand relaxed and free hand balled into a fist and held close to his waist. Has about the same height and distance as Roy’s jump. Isaac descends with his arms spread and feet close together.

• Initial Jump Animation & Height (backward): Isaac leaps backward with his arms spread and feet close together. About the same height and distance as Roy’s jump.

• Secondary Jump Animation & Height: Isaac does a quick somersault. About as high and far as Roy’s double-jump.

• Secondary Jump Animation & Height (backward): Isaac does a quick back flip. About as high and far as Roy’s double-jump.

• Spot Dodge Animation & Duration: With his sword sheathed and hand still on the hilt, Isaac leans to the side with his free hand held out in front of him. A tiny bit shorter than Ike’s spot dodge.

• Air Dodge Animation & Duration: Isaac spins his body with his sword pointed downward and his free hand held out in front of him. Roughly as long as Ike’s air dodge.

• Dash Attack (Quick Strike): Isaac dashes forward with blinding speed and performs a swift and strong horizontal slash that sends the opponent flying. Similar to Ike's dash attack, but faster. Quick startup.

• Dash Attack (with item): Isaac leaps forward and performs a strong two-handed vertical strike. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Get-up Attack (face up): Isaac performs a quick, but weak, low vertical slash in front of him, then a weak thrust behind him.

• Get-up Attack (face down): Isaac thrusts his Sol Blade in front of him, then behind him. Not particularly powerful.

• Edge Climb Attack: Isaac performs a quick, but weak, backhand horizontal slash.

• Second Edge Climb Attack (when damage percent is high): Isaac performs a weak and slightly slow diagonal slash.

3). Tilt Attacks:

• Forward Tilt: Isaac lunges forward, performing a swift two-handed vertical slash that knocks the opponent away. Good horizontal and vertical range. Quick startup. Inflicts a decent amount of damage. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Forward Tilt (with item): Isaac lunges forward, performing a swift two-handed horizontal strike. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Upward Tilt: Isaac swings his sword over his head, knocking any nearby opponent strait in the air. Great horizontal and vertical range. Quick startup. Inflicts a decent amount of damage. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Downward Tilt: Isaac swings his sword along the floor. Good horizontal range, but poor vertical range. Quick startup. Inflicts a decent amount of damage, and pushes the opponent back a good distance. Good for “spacing”. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

4). Smash Attacks:

• Forward Smash (Gust): Isaac performs two lightning-fast two-handed strikes, the first of which cuts through the opponent, dealing a good amount of damage, the second of which sends the opponent flying. At the same time, a faint purple form of a Jupiter Djinni is seen in front of Isaac. Quick, almost instant startup. Can kill at high percentages if charged. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Forward Smash (with item): Isaac performs a strong two-handed vertical slash. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Isaac is wielding.

• Upward Smash (Hail): Isaac balls his free hand into a fist and then thrusts his hand into the air, palm open. In that same instant, a jet of water and ice bursts from the ground beneath him, knocking any above or adjacent opponent upwards. At the same time, a faint blue form of a Mercury Djinni is seen above Isaac. Very slightly slow startup. Good vertical range, but poor horizontal range. Can kill at high percentages, especially if charged. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Downward Smash (Scorch): Isaac raises his sword with both hands and then brings it down to the ground in front of him with bone-breaking force, creating a flame burst that sends the opponent(s) flying. At the same time, a faint red form of a Mars Djinni can be seen in front of Isaac. Medium horizontal and vertical range. Very slightly slow startup. Can kill at high percentages, especially if charged. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

5). Aerial Attacks:

• Neutral Aerial (Sabre Dance): Isaac sheaths his sword and thrusts his palm forward. At the same time, a myriad of holographic swords swirl around him in a spherical formation, repeatedly damaging nearby opponents in all directions. Instant startup. Good horizontal and vertical range.

• Forward Aerial (Cutting Edge): Isaac performs a swift slash of his sword, conjuring a blue shockwave that travels a very short distance. The shockwave does a decent amount of damage whilst knocking the opponent away. Quick startup. Great horizontal range and good vertical range.

• Backward Aerial (Backstab): Without turning around, Isaac thrusts his sword out behind him with both hands. This attack does a decent amount of damage whilst knocking the opponent away. Quick startup. Slightly low horizontal range, poor vertical range.

• Upward Aerial (Burst): Isaac thrusts his palm into the air, and from it unleashes an explosion of flame. Very slightly slow startup. Can kill at high percentages, though a little hard to land.

• Downward Aerial (Spire): Isaac thrust his palm downward, conjuring a large, sharp stone that falls strait downward. The stone, if it hits someone, does a decent amount of damage whilst sending the opponent flying, depending on their damage percentage. Quick startup.

6). Special Moves:

• Standard Special (Flint): Isaac performs a powerful two-handed vertical slash of his sword that sends the opponent flying. At the same time, a faint brown form of a Venus Djinni is seen in front of Isaac. Very slightly slow startup. Can kill at high percentages. This move can be charged.

• Side Special (Astral Blast): Isaac sheaths his sword and thrusts his palm forward, shooting three consecutive star-shaped laser projectiles that expand as they travel. The stars cut through the opponent(s) whilst pushing them away. Fairly quick startup. This move can be charged; the speed and distance at which the stars travel as well as the damage they inflict depends on the duration of the charge.

• Upward Special (Planet Diver): Isaac leaps high into the air (almost as high as King Dedede’s super jump, but a bit lower), then comes diving in a strait line, wrapped in a force field of flame. Very slightly slow startup. Isaac’s dive trajectory can be altered from a 45º angle to a 10º angle. If he collides with a person, wall, floor, or object, his force field will explode, sending the opponent flying--however, he will also enter “helpless frames” immediately after. The splash effect of the explosion will also damage nearby enemies a little bit. Can kill at high percentages. The beginning of the move has a “wind effect” that pushes away nearby opponents. As he is diving, Isaac can still take damage from hits, but he will not flinch in the slightest. The dive can be cancelled by pressing the “special attack” button mid-jump; however, it will leave Isaac in helpless frames.

• Downward Special (Earthquake): Isaac balls his free hand into a fist and raises his sword in the air, conjuring an earthquake that damages nearby opponents whilst sending them flying upward. Like Donkey Kong’s down-special, this move can be held indefinitely, but it leaves Isaac open for an aerial attack.

7). Grab Attacks:

• Grab Animation & Speed: Isaac thrusts his free hand outward, palm open. At the same time, a ghostly hand about as big as Isaac grabs at the opponent. Fairly long range, but slightly slow startup. Dash-grab is a little faster, but has lower range. Pivot grab is fastest and has the longest range. Can be used for “tether recovery”. If this is used on an opponent from the air, instead of grabbing the opponent the hand will knock the opponent away.

• Pummel: The ghostly hand squeezes the opponent as it is wrapped around him/her. Somewhat slow.

• Forward Throw (Force): Isaac thrusts his palm forward. At the same time, the ghostly hand sends the opponent flying away with a punch. Right when the hand punches the opponent, it bursts like a firework and disappears. Does a decent amount of damage. Can kill at high percentages if used near the edge of a stage.

• Backward Throw (Slap): Isaac whirls around and thrusts his palm outward. At the same time, the ghostly hand turns with Isaac, releases the opponent, and sends him/her flying away with a slap. The hand then shrinks and disappears. Does not do too much damage, but it does knock the opponent a fair distance.

• Upward Throw (Death Plunge): Isaac disperses the ghost-hand, grabs the opponent with his free hand, and leaps high into the air. As Isaac descends, he lets go of the opponent at the last moment. As the opponent hits the ground, an explosion of flame and dust sends him/her flying. Similar to Kirby’s upward throw, except it can kill at high percentages.

• Downward Throw (Pound): Isaac thrusts his palm at the ground. At the same time, the ghostly hand places the opponent on the ground face-up. As the opponent squirms (similar to Koopa/Bowser’s down-throw), the hand balls into a fist and slams down on him/her. As the hand makes contact, it bursts into a dozen star-shaped bits. Does a decent amount of damage. The opponent flies upward a medium distance.

8). Taunts, Poses, Etc:

• Up-Taunt: Isaac sheaths his sword, faces the screen, and enters a “thinking” pose, his left elbow rested on his right forearm--he then raises his head and index finger, and a white word bubble containing a light bulb will appear over his head with a familiar “Bling!” sound.

• Side-Taunt: Isaac faces the screen, and then the Venus Djinni Flint leaps onto his shoulder from beneath his scarf. Isaac cups the Djinni with his hand, holding it in front of him with a faint smile. The Djinni then spins in the air and disappears.

• Down-Taunt: Isaac faces the screen, pulls out a large gold coin, tosses it in the air, and deftly catches it as it descends.

• Victory Pose 1: With his sword sheathed, Isaac raises his fist into the air in triumph, a content smile on his face.

• Victory Pose 2: Facing the screen with a calm, confident expression, Isaac sticks the tip of his sword into the ground, never letting go of it.

• Victory Pose 3: Nodding to himself in contentment, Isaac then raises both hands into the air and his body begins to glow. He then transforms into a large shining sphere that divides into smaller spheres as it ascends, eventually disappearing from the screen.

• Idle Pose 1: Isaac stands erect and briefly glances above him.

• Idle Pose 2: Isaac stands erect and briefly glances from side to side.

• Onscreen Appearance (when the match begins): A myriad of tiny rainbow-coloured spheres gather from all around, forming Isaac’s shape from bottom to top. All the while, Isaac spins in the air. Once Isaac is fully materialised, he lands on the ground and readies his sword.

9). Final Smash (Megiddo): A black message box appears at the bottom of the screen, saying “Isaac’s Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!” At the same instant, the entire scenery is engulfed in flame, and Isaac leaps sky high. A large meteor falls from the sky, towards Isaac. With both hands on the hilt of his sword, Isaac flies above the meteor, raises his sword, and brings it down on the enflamed rock, sending it plunging to the earth. As the meteor hits the ground, it creates a large explosion that all but engulfs the stage. Any opponent whom is so much as grazed by the meteor or caught in the blast is instantly KO’ed.
[/collapse]

(...Gosh, I really need to find a new hobby...)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd actually like an all Earth based moveset on Isaac. I think that would make him more unique, and stand out from all other 'generic' RPG Nintendo heroes more.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'd prefer an all-Earth move set as well. That said, I wouldn't mind a few exceptions. Move is technically a Mars psynergy.

He could do a lot with psynergy equipment too. The hover jade would let him float like Peach. Or he could disappear with the cloak ball. Stop other fighters in their tracks with the halt gem. The teleport lapis would let him teleport. There's so much moveset potential in the Golden Sun games.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
When you guys mean Earth-only.... does it include Grass/Thorns too? Because I'd really like some more Grass moves in the roster as well. :D

What do you guys think of GROWTH as recovery? (Throws a sapling, and grows a ladder of vines in mid air)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Anything Venus.

Growth would alright as long as it's not a tether recovery. Personally, I'd love to see growth as his up-smash. It'd be weird seeing vines and thorns sprout up in midair.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You're right, it would look weird. I just want him to have a unique form of recovery... And creating a ladder out of nowhere would be pretty cool, but most likely goes against everything EARTH.

Trying to come up with a form of Venus Psyenergy that could work as recovery... because he could easily use Tornado, but we're trying to avoid that.
Grip as tether recovery is the only one I can think of... but only if tether works like in Melee... or Project M.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Honestly I can't really see Isaac's recovery being anything but a psynergy powered hand moving upwards to grab on to ledges.

Something along those lines.

Although I'm hoping they don't go crazy with the psynergy hand stuff.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I had an idea for Isaac's recovery involving the "Lift" move. In the game, it's used to lift boulders and stuff out of the way, with the same hand as Move. But here, it would grab Isaac, and lift him upwards. A bit of a stretch, but I think it could make for an interesting move.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I can picture a few recovery options.

He could use the lash or grip psynergies as a tether recovery. With lash, he would grab a ledge with a rope. With grip, he'd use his psychic hand.

He could have the teleport psynergy and teleport like Mewtwo. Personally I'd like teleport to be his stage entrance animation.

Hover could work as a recovery move, too. Isaac would cast hover, raising him up, then giving him a few seconds of horizontal levitation (like Peach) afterward.

Lift would be similar. Isaac would lift himself up vertically on top of a floating boulder. The boulder would float for a few seconds afterward, acting as a temporary platform, before falling again.

He could have also have a weapon unleash as his recovery move. In my ideal moveset, he'd use Sol Blade's Megiddo. Isaac leaps into the air with the tip of his sword glowing, similar to Marth's recovery. If he makes contact with someone, they get enveloped by a sphere of burning plasma.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Sol Blade's Megiddo would be all sorts of awesome in Isaac's moveset. :love:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isaac's recovery should be retreat.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Retreat is a very likely option. But in my moveset, I used Growth. It was a semi- tether recovery. And Isaac would actually climb the vines, like a ladder in Brawl.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want Ragnarok as a Final Smash. I know it isn't that powerful in his game, but a giant psynergy sword crashing onto the stage would be freaking cool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Odyssey would also work as a Final Smash. I made Ragnarok Isaac's Neutral B.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of, that would've easily been game of the year.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For recovery moves, Retreat is the obvious choice, but personally I would also rather see Growth, I think it's more interesting and a gimmick not used by other characters (if it works like Diddy's idea). He could also shoot upwards on like a boulder or piece of Earth or something, perhaps you could control his ascent somewhat, but tbh I'd be surprised if we got anything other than Retreat (or Teleport).

As for a FS, well if it had to be a Psynergy move, I think Odyssey is probably the best choice (Ragnarok works too but is obviously inferior even if more closely associated with Isaac), but again, I'd be very surprised if the FS wasn't a summon. Unless Isaac has some crazy gimmick or something, it really would be probably the only way a Summon could get implemented properly.

Found this in a Google Image search for Golden Sun. (o_O)

Oh how I wish (well now for Wii U I guess) ... it would be so amazing... HD psynergy, summons, and landscapes... too bad Camelot likely won't work on the Wii U, and if they do it'll probably just be another Mario sports game. :rolleyes:
Seeing stuff like this sort of makes me wish GS had started on the N64 like it was supposed to, because then it would have a precedence of appearing on consoles. Not that portables are bad or anything...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thanks for the image, but the OP is already a little image heavy, so I'll hold off until I add more actual content to it before including more pictures (if I do actually end up adding more content to it :p).

But yeah, that guy makes good Smash pictures, though his predictions for the newcomers are a little strange.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Thanks for the image, but the OP is already a little image heavy, so I'll hold off until I add more actual content to it before including more pictures (if I do actually end up adding more content to it :p).

But yeah, that guy makes good Smash pictures, though his predictions for the newcomers are a little strange.
He's open for requests, so he'll do anyone to make them look awesome.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He's open for requests, so he'll do anyone to make them look awesome.
I doubt he'd make me one for Banjo-Kazooie. :(
(he should make one for Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man though, just to have the completed rosters)

Seriously though, he already has most of the ones I can think of done already (well, most of the ones I actually care about). He hasn't made Saki though, which is odd. And a few of them are from pre-Brawl, so they could use re-done versions.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like Olimar...man, that one sticks out like a sore thumb...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now that I think about it, he hasn't made that many retro characters. Like Balloon Fighter, Excitebiker, Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog, Bubbles, Muddy...

From my best guess, he would only want to do Nintendo characters.
Yeah, I was just kidding with B&K (even though it hurts to joke). I think that he should make one for characters that are on the actual rosters though, even if they aren't Nintendo. Oh well.

Like Olimar...man, that one sticks out like a sore thumb...
And Starfy. Looking at it next to Starly is bleh. :p

I guess this isn't related to Isaac anymore though, so I'll be quiet now. Embarrass
Don't want the TC to get upset... :troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He hasn't added that many retro characters because (at least during Melee's development) he dismissed a good number of them as being too plain to really do anything with and argued that they lacked enough personality to be interesting. The only reason Ice Climbers won out was because he liked the idea of two characters cooperating as a single functional character.

On the topic of Golden Sun, I'd love for them to remake Golden Sun and Golden Sun: the Lost Age, combine them into one game for the 3DS or, better yet, the Wii U.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He hasn't added that many retro characters because (at least during Melee's development) he dismissed a good number of them as being too plain to really do anything with and argued that they lacked enough personality to be interesting. The only reason Ice Climbers won out was because he liked the idea of two characters cooperating as a single functional character.

On the topic of Golden Sun, I'd love for them to remake Golden Sun and Golden Sun: the Lost Age, combine them into one game for the 3DS or, better yet, the Wii U.
Yesh, but I was just talking about that Japanese guy who makes all the fan Smash pictures, I know the whole deal behind Sakurai and the previously "considered" retros. ;)

And yeah, a remake would be pretty sweet, especially with both games together like originally planned, but I guess eventually getting them on the Wii U VC will probably have to be good enough for now. But omg how I wish we got a Wii U GS... so shiny... :awesome:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I'd actually like an all Earth based moveset on Isaac. I think that would make him more unique, and stand out from all other 'generic' RPG Nintendo heroes more.
Hmm, agreed. Isaac definitely would stand out amidst all the other magick users in Super Smash Bros as well as other RPG heroes if most, if not all, of his moves were Venus/Earth-based. I originally intended for his smash attacks to be Earth-based, but I wanted the elemental Djinn to be incorporated somehow. Now that I have heard others' opinions, however, I think I will write an all-Venus moveset for Isaac, just to see what I come up with. That being said, assuming Isaac does make it in Smash 4, I am sure Sakurai will come up with something much better.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Isaac isn't my favorite Golden Sun character, in case you haven't seen my avatar I'm a Proxian kind of guy, and I also like Mia too.

However Isaac is at the top of my top 5 list, I really hope he is added, and I want to see good ole Broken Seal Isaac, not Dark Dawn ugly beard Isaac.

I want to see these color schemes, Alex, and of course you guessed it, Saturos, I want to see a Proxian Isaac in Super Smash Bros.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isaac isn't my favorite Golden Sun character, in case you haven't seen my avatar I'm a Proxian kind of guy, and I also like Mia too.

However Isaac is at the top of my top 5 list, I really hope he is added, and I want to see good ole Broken Seal Isaac, not Dark Dawn ugly beard Isaac.

I want to see these color schemes, Alex, and of course you guessed it, Saturos, I want to see a Proxian Isaac in Super Smash Bros.

Gak?

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Strictly Venus based psynergy moveset for Isaac from Golden Sun 1-2. Subject to change.

B: Summon Djinn. Isaac charges up and readies a Djinn to unleash and can only unleash one at a time. He will rotate through several Djinn he has encountered throughout the series such as Echo, Ground, Iron, and Bane. The time it takes to fully charge a Djinn will be roughly equivalent to fully charging Samus/ DK's neutral B.

Summon Echo: Isaac leaps towards an enemy and performs a powerful double-attack with the first strike locking the opponent into hit-stun with minimal knockback and the second strike to deal strong damage with knockback.

Summon Mud: Isaac summons Ground in a small area in front of him to hold foes under gravity. The longer he charged this Djinn the faster the foes will be bound under gravity (Being stunned as a result). Foes caught in the radius of the area will be slowed and have their jumping abilities slightly impeded but are still able to get out if they can respond fast enough/ depending on the duration of the charge. Being bound under gravity will deal some amount of damage.

Summon Iron: Isaac is granted iron-clad defenses from the Djinn and for a short duration (Dependent on how long he charged this Djinn). The damage and knockback he takes will be reduced by 10-15% (Numbers can be adjusted depending on how OP/UP these theoretical numbers are) with a minimal decrease of 1% damage. Isaac will flash faintly to indicate that Iron is still protecting him.

Summon Bane: Isaac strikes an opponent and deals Poison status to him/her. The duration of the poison effect will depend on the duration of charge and will deal 4% per second for up to 5 seconds. If the opponent picks up a healing item the poison damage is immediately negated.

B:^ Retreat. Isaac will teleport to a target area, at the end of his teleport if he lands near an opponent he will swing his sword to strike out at the opponent.

B>: Move. Isaac will summon a giant hand to move his opponent/items in a given direction. It will deal no damage but the hand serves as a wall and can be wall-jumped off of as well as being able to block projectiles such as shells and can even push away activated Bom-ombs.

Bv: Sand. Isaac dissipates into Sand becoming untargetable for a short duration, he can activate the ability again or wait till the duration is over before leaping from the ground and striking the enemy with his sword in an upward motion. While Isaac moves about while in Sand he can slow everyone down by drawing them toward the center. This way it'll be easier for him to land a hit. If used in the air Isaac turns into a pile of sand and drops straight down. However, the duration of Sand will become shorter the longer he remains suspended in the air.

Final Smash: Megiddo. Isaac leaps high into the air with the Sol Blade in hand and crashes down with a giant meteor dealing massive damage to everyone caught in the impact radius.

Smash Attacks:
Smash Down: Quake/Earthquake/Quake Sphere. Isaac raises pillars of earth from beneath him to damage the foe. He will summon several pillars of earth in a shockwave/ wave like manner in both directions.

Smash Forward: Gaia/ Mother Gaia/ Grand Gaia. Isaac utilizes the Gaia psynergy line and raises mighty earthen energy in a column in front of him.

Smash Up: Growth/ Mad Growth/ Wild Growth. Isaac summons a flurry of thorny vines and sends them in an upwards direction.

Grabs:
Grabs: Catch. Isaac utilize the Catch psynergy and performs a medium-long range grab and throws the enemy in a given direction.

Aerials:
Aerial Neutral: Clay Spire. Isaac summons several small stalactites around him that are sent downwards.

Aerial Up: Rockfall. Isaac summons a series of rocks a decent height above him that rain down on the opponent above him.

Aerial Forward: Thorn. Isaac sends out a flurry of thorns from his palm.

Aerial Back: Isaac performs a back kick.

Aerial Down: Helm Splitter. Isaac brandishes his sword and drops down on an opponent.

Crouch:

Crouch Attack: Punji. Isaac summons stalks of bamboo in front of him.

All other attacks such as his basic combo string will be done with his sword.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Strictly Venus based psynergy moveset for Isaac from Golden Sun 1-2. Subject to change.

B: Summon Djinn. Isaac charges up and readies a Djinn to unleash and can only unleash one at a time. He will rotate through several Djinn he has encountered throughout the series such as Echo, Ground, Iron, and Bane. The time it takes to fully charge a Djinn will be roughly equivalent to fully charging Samus/ DK's neutral B.
Summon Echo: Isaac leaps towards an enemy and performs a powerful double-attack with the first strike locking the opponent into hit-stun with minimal knockback and the second strike to deal strong damage with knockback.
Summon Mud: Isaac summons Ground in a small area in front of him to hold foes under gravity. The longer he charged this Djinn the faster the foes will be bound under gravity (Being stunned as a result). Foes caught in the radius of the area will be slowed and have their jumping abilities slightly impeded but are still able to get out if they can respond fast enough/ depending on the duration of the charge. Being bound under gravity will deal some amount of damage.
Summon Iron: Isaac is granted iron-clad defenses from the Djinn and for a short duration (Dependent on how long he charged this Djinn). The damage and knockback he takes will be reduced by 10-15% (Numbers can be adjusted depending on how OP/UP these theoretical numbers are) with a minimal decrease of 1% damage. Isaac will flash faintly to indicate that Iron is still protecting him.
Summon Bane: Isaac strikes an opponent and deals Poison status to him/her. The duration of the poison effect will depend on the duration of charge and will deal 4% per second for up to 5 seconds. If the opponent picks up a healing item the poison damage is immediately negated.
B:^ Retreat. Isaac will teleport to a target area, at the end of his teleport if he lands near an opponent he will swing his sword to strike out at the opponent.
B>: Move. Isaac will summon a giant hand to move his opponent/items in a given direction. It will deal no damage but the hand serves as a wall and can be wall-jumped off of as well as being able to block projectiles such as shells and can even push away activated Bom-ombs.
Bv: Sand. Isaac melts away into sand and is untargetable during this time. He can either reactivate sand or let the duration run out before he leaps out of the ground and swinging his sword. He cannot move over ledges while in this form.
Final Smash: Megiddo. Isaac leaps high into the air with the Sol Blade in hand and crashes down with a giant meteor dealing massive damage to everyone caught in the impact radius.
Smash Attacks:
Smash Down: Quake/Earthquake/Quake Sphere. Isaac raises pillars of earth from beneath him to damage the foe. He will summon several pillars of earth in a shockwave/ wave like manner in both directions.
Smash Forward: Gaia/ Mother Gaia/ Grand Gaia. Isaac utilizes the Gaia psynergy line and raises mighty earthen energy in a column in front of him.
Smash Up: Growth/ Mad Growth/ Wild Growth. Isaac summons a flurry of thorny vines and sends them in an upwards direction.
Grabs:
Grabs: Catch. Isaac utilize the Catch psynergy and performs a medium-long range grab and throws the enemy in a given direction.
Aerials:
Aerial Neutral: Clay Spire. Isaac summons several small stalactites around him that are sent downwards.
Aerial Up: Rockfall. Isaac summons a series of rocks a decent height above him that rain down on the opponent above him.
Aerial Forward: Thorn. Isaac sends out a flurry of thorns from his palm.
Aerial Back: Isaac performs a back kick.
Aerial Down: Helm Splitter. Isaac brandishes his sword and drops down on an opponent.
Crouch:

Crouch Attack: Punji. Isaac summons stalks of bamboo in front of him.
All other attacks such as his basic combo string will be done with his sword.
Nice moveset.

I'm not sure about Sand though, retreat alone could probably be used for evasion, rather than making a move that completely evades altogether and does no damage.

Everything else is perfect.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Nice moveset.

I'm not sure about Sand though, retreat alone could probably be used for evasion, rather than making a move that completely evades altogether and does no damage.

Everything else is perfect.

Thanks for that, Except I think I did mention that after Sand was reactivated/ out of time Isaac would leap from beneath the ground and swinging his sword in an upward motion (Kinda like an uppercut but with a sword if that helps to visualize it).

While Smash doesn't necessarily use the abilities from a character's respective games with 100% accuracy (Take a look at Rest for example) I could give Sand a few more twerks or just change it altogether.

Ideas for tweaking would be: While Isaac moves about while in Sand he can slow everyone down by drawing them toward the center. This way it'll be easier for him to land a hit. If used in the air Isaac turns into a pile of sand and drops straight down. However, the duration of Sand will become shorter the longer he remains suspended in the air. (I actually think I'll put this one down for now)

Other ideas could be sapping health while in Sand, or having Sand become similar to Counter as Isaac drops into the ground and appears behind the enemy.

As far as removing it completely I think utilizing the Ragnarok series might be the best way to go, I'll look into the animations of Demon Night and Annihilation though too. (I'd avoid giving him Venus Psynergy based on the class changing items like the Whip/ Cards)

Top Bottom