• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Arteen

Smash Lord
If we needed a clone, Sveta would actually work pretty well as a clone of Wolf. As a werewolf, all of her A moves would be similar. As a wind adept, she could even copy Wolf's B moves, if necessary. Change the blaster to Slash or Astral Blast. Give her B-forward and B-up wind or electrical properties, and call them Bolt and Tempest. It's a bit of a stretch, but B-down could be Ward.

Knowing Sakurai, her final smash would still be a Landmaster.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
For starters, I've been an Isaac/Matthew supporter since Brawl. I enjoyed DD as much as the original two, so I don't have any real preference between the father/son as far as who makes the cut.

However, I did have an interesting idea. Though I think that a move set of sword A moves and earth psynergy B moves is most probable, I was thinking about how Djinn could be involved. Now, I know this would make for a very technical character to master, but what if his A moves were a combination of sword attacks and the more basic earth psynergies and his B moves played out something like so:

Down+B = Equip Djinni (default is Venus djinni, this cycles through Mars-Jupiter-Mercury similar to Pokémon Trainer switching playable Pokémon)
Neutral B = Field Psynergy (Venus = Move, Mars = Smash, Jupiter = Slap/Mind Read, Mercury = Ply)
Side+B = Attack Psynergy (Venus = Earthquake, Mars = Fireball, Jupiter = Wind Slash/Lightning, Mercury = Frost)
Up+B = Recovery Psynergy (Venus = Thorns, Mars = Heat Wave, Jupiter = Whirlwind, Mercury = Douse)

These are just brainstorms, mind you, but you get the picture. Complex and potentially cumbersome? Perhaps. Interesting? Definitely, I think. Thoughts?

EDIT: And to justify myself, this set-up would have the A attacks representing the swordsman and Earth Adept side of Isaac/Matthew, while the B attacks would play with the actual GS mechanic of characters gaining different abilities based on the equipped Djinn, a major facet of the gameplay.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like the idea of Isaac toggling between Djinnis will tweak his stats a bit. He'd be like being up to 3 different "clones" of himself.

Say Wind would give him speedier but weaker attacks, Earth would make him heavier with slower attacks, Fire would make his smash attacks stronger but his Special attacks weaker, and Water woule make his Specials stronger, but his smash attacks weaker.

Or something along those lines, I dunno. Just adding a bit to Oz37's brainstorm. :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still prefer Isaac over Matthew. And I'd probably pick Felix as a clone.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I really want Isaac to be playable, but I'm really clueless at his odds.

Pros:
Appeared in Brawl as an assist trophy, so 2nd party status must not be too large an issue
Golden Sun is one of Nintendo's most popular unrepresented IPs, and with three games, is comparable to the Mother series
Unlike Mother and F-Zero, Golden Sun has had a new game release since Brawl
Amazing moveset potential with unique earth based psyenergy, summons and djinni

Cons:
Series was most popular around Brawl's release, and Isaac wasn't made playable THEN
Golden Sun not popular in Japan
3rd installment didn't fare so well
May have to compete with Shulk from Xenoblade, who is probably more recognizable and marketable now

All in all, I don't think he'll make it.

I hope I'm wrong.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac might not have made it in Brawl cause we still had too many others which where higher priority. This isn't much of a case right now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Considering how Mega Man's moveset is laid out, I wouldn't be surprised if there are lots of different psynergy moves as non-Special attacks, mixed with some of the more popular ones as Specials in Isaac's moveset. Therefore, I really don't think Isaac's sword will be used for anything except perhaps a Dash attack or FSmash (his leaping sword animation).

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Just started playing Golden Sun for the first time. I'm playing it on japanese so I was confused that the main chars name was Robin, took me a little while to understand that it was Isaac's japanese name. :)

D

Deleted member

You know, I actually kind of prefer Isaac's adult appearance rather than his teenage appearance from the first two Golden Sun games.

BEARDED ISAAC FOR SM4SH!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't care which version they use. Think his teenage appearance is more iconic though. And seeing it looks closed to Matthew's design, I think they'll use that for Isaac. They might take some details from Matthew even.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about a new design for Isaac in say, his 20s? Slightly older than in Golden Sun, not yet fulky bearded, maybe a goathee or something?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How about a new design for Isaac in say, his 20s? Slightly older than in Golden Sun, not yet fulky bearded, maybe a goathee or something?
A middle between the extremes isn't always the best solution, I think.

I'd rather they use teenager Isaac, who is the most well known appearance. That and the fact that this design got a good amount of exposure due to being used in Brawl, even those who do not know about Isaac and/or Golden Sun can still probably look at teenager Isaac and remember him as one of Brawl's assist trophies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I"m not in favor of an adult Isaac. If nothing else, Golden Sun is about a group of young heroes saving the world with psyenergy and djinn. And an adult Isaac would not reflect that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think teen Isaac is far more likely to happen though.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I played Golden Sun 1 and 2, but not 3. I've been wanted a GS rep since I first played GS.

If I never went to roster prediction threads, I would have never known Matthew exists.

Isaac > Matthew, endlessly.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In regards to the Djinn I had a thought about how they could work although it might be a bit excessive, but hear me out anyway.

There could be a simplified Djinn Set/Standby system in smash bros 4 for Isaac. By that I mean during battle when he gets his final smash dependant on the amount of djnn he has in standby his final smash would be different.

Isaac would have four Djinn that he could use to attack and they would each have a passive benefit.

That's why I said it would be a bit excessive since it would mean he would have four final smashes. (Which granted could be one of his quirks) The lowest final smash would be Venus (with one djinn on standby), second tier would be Ramses (with two of his djinn), third tier would be Cybele (three of his djinn) and the final tier would be Judgement. (all four of his djinn)

There could be a way to cycle through his Djinn (sorta like how you could cycle through pokemon trainers' pokemon) and each Djinn would give him a passive benefit and an active attack (when used with the B button) however by using the djinn he would lose the passive benefit and the djinn would go into standby mode and be unusable until he activates his final smash.

The idea being that Isaac becomes weaker if he uses his djinn (losing the passive benefit) but conversely his final smash becomes potentially stronger.

There's probably a heap of issues with what I suggested....but I do think some kind of set/standby system would be interesting for Isaac.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hey, I have a question for all whom have played Golden Sun 1 & 2. Which of these these three moves do you lot think are the most memorable or recognisable: Ragnarok, Odyssey, or Megiddo? The reason why I am asking is because I am currently rewriting mine Isaac moveset, and I am trying to decide whether I should keep Megiddo as his Final Smash, or change it to Ragnarok or Odyssey. Or, which move would probably be easier to program?

Thanks in advance.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well I just know Odyssey from Dark Dawn in fact. Ragnarok defenitelly comes to mind as most memorable move for Isaac among those three. (And for Garet as well).

But I think Odyssey fits Final Smash a lot more. Ragnarok seems like a Fwd smash or a Side+B for some reason. :D

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
In regards to the Djinn I had a thought about how they could work although it might be a bit excessive, but hear me out anyway.

There could be a simplified Djinn Set/Standby system in smash bros 4 for Isaac. By that I mean during battle when he gets his final smash dependant on the amount of djnn he has in standby his final smash would be different.

Isaac would have four Djinn that he could use to attack and they would each have a passive benefit.

That's why I said it would be a bit excessive since it would mean he would have four final smashes. (Which granted could be one of his quirks) The lowest final smash would be Venus (with one djinn on standby), second tier would be Ramses (with two of his djinn), third tier would be Cybele (three of his djinn) and the final tier would be Judgement. (all four of his djinn)

There could be a way to cycle through his Djinn (sorta like how you could cycle through pokemon trainers' pokemon) and each Djinn would give him a passive benefit and an active attack (when used with the B button) however by using the djinn he would lose the passive benefit and the djinn would go into standby mode and be unusable until he activates his final smash.

The idea being that Isaac becomes weaker if he uses his djinn (losing the passive benefit) but conversely his final smash becomes potentially stronger.

There's probably a heap of issues with what I suggested....but I do think some kind of set/standby system would be interesting for Isaac.
I was thinking pretty much the same thing, though I prefer having the summons in his normal moveset so people who play with smash balls off still have access to the mechanic in its entirety.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Does anyone else think Cybele looks like it has the coolest final smash potential? Judgement seems like something we've seen before in smash bros. (big explosion)

Whereas Cybele just looks epic and really unusual aesthetically.

Although I can see why people would prefer Judgement. I like it too it's just something about Cybele interests me more.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Are you talking about Mr.G&W's Side special?

No. I just thought there was a final smash similar to Judgement already...

If it turned out that Matthew was the playable rep instead I think it would be fitting if his final smash was Crystallux. Since it at least partially needs earth djinn to summon and it was the only summon introduced in Dark Dawn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwT8qhVFLQ#t=09m38s

In a way I'd almost favour Matthew because Crystallux looks really cool. I don't suppose giving Isaac Crystallux would work? It might be a good way to represent both eras of Golden Sun....

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
No. I just thought there was a final smash similar to Judgement already...

If it turned out that Matthew was the playable rep instead I think it would be fitting if his final smash was Crystallux. Since it at least partially needs earth djinn to summon and it was the only summon introduced in Dark Dawn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwT8qhVFLQ#t=09m38s

In a way I'd almost favour Matthew because Crystallux looks really cool. I don't suppose giving Isaac Crystallux would work? It might be a good way to represent both eras of Golden Sun....
Watching that video reminds me why we need another Golden Sun.

Judgement still works better, but I can see Crystallux as a Final Smash. And it is cooler.

If there was some type of Djinn mechanic, I think it would be cool if it affected your Final Smash. Not likely, but it would be cool.

I put Isaac on my roster because he is more well known, but I think I prefer Matthew actually, especially if Crystallux was his final smash.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I associate Odyssey more with Felix than Isaac, since the move was introduced in The Lost Age.

JPW

Smash Ace
i had this weird dream the other day that the GS teams made the cut.

What i mean by this is you have the team of Isaac, Garet, Ivan and Mia as one group. This works like PT/Zelda. Where each characters has moves based on their combat, psynergy, and Djinns. And you switch between them with Down+B.
Then you have the team of Felix, Jenna, Sheba and Piers and it's sort of the same thing.

I reckon it be cool, but it's a long shot and Golden Sun isn't really in the best shape to garner such attention. Which is said cause it could of been something to make it really unique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would work with EarthBound / Mother characters as well. Really unbalanced, and not quite fitting for Smash. Isaac, much like Ness and Lucas don't need his allies to kick asses.

Top Bottom