• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too sure how good it would be for Alex to be playable as we don't know much of how he would fight, since you never fight him.
My choice for a second character depends on who gets in.
If Isaac gets in, I say Jenna would be a good second character.
If Matthew gets in, I'd say Sveta.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've said this before, but I'll choose Ivan. I know, he's comparatively minor, but I'd love Wind-based moves and smash taunts based on Mind Read. :p

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would pick Isaac for the first rep, and then Sveta. Sveta's probably my favorite playable character in the series. If somehow we go two, I think it should be one from the GBA generation and one from DD. She also has spirit sense, which is just like Mind Read.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm kinda surprised nobody said Garret yet...

But really, saturous would be pretty cool. And by that I mean I like his haircut.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Garet was never popular at all in Golden Sun. Even Mia was more liked. Nobody liked Garet's personality, while I thought he was pretty awesome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There will probably not be a second GS character. Ever.

Honestly. We'd be lucky to get Isaac alone.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'd definitely be up for a GS character, though the series tenacity to go dorment for long periods of time makes it's presense kind of iffy at times. Would support it none the less.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If a Golden Sun character was to be added as a Assist Trophy, then I'd like to see either Saturos, Mia or Alex.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I would love to have Menardi as a 2nd rep. I always thought she was really unusual and fierce with her scythe. She's kinda Saturos's lacky though so not much chance there.

How about a duo of Saturos & Menardi? (Either like Ice Climbers or switching out like Pokemon Trainer)

I'd definitely be up for a GS character, though the series tenacity to go dorment for long periods of time makes it's presense kind of iffy at times. Would support it none the less.
Well to be fair, it wouldn't be the only dormant series. Despite not really being considered retro series (like Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch) both Earthbound and F-Zero haven't been doing anything lately.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Never say never, fellow Kong.

I would have never EVER imagined Mother would have deserved a second rep.
I'm sure Lucas got in through Japanese popularity alone (and because he was going to get in before anyway, instead of Ness).

I can totally see a scenario where 2nd Golden Sun character gets in as a quick clone.
... and here I'm saying these things as if we already had ONE Golden Sun character revealed, lol.

Anyway... had this incredible dream about a Golden Sun anime being produced. It all started when, in my deram, I attended this convention, and I started hearing Golden Sun music in the background. I was like "THIS IS GOLDEN SUN!!"
And then they projected images of the first GS party travelling together... T_T I need more dreams like this.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac and the Golden Sun series overall have a lot going for them:
  • It's an established series. There have been three games over a decade, so it's not a one-off title.
  • The last game was a post-Brawl release, so it's still "fresh" in Smash terms. Super Mario Sunshine got a lot of love in Brawl despite being six years old by then.
  • Dark Dawn had a major showing at two of Nintendo's E3 press conferences, so it's a franchise that Nintendo gives attention to.
  • Isaac was in Brawl, so he's got seniority and recognizability.
  • Assist Trophies "couldn’t quite make it" as playable characters in Brawl, so Isaac surely will get a second look this time around.
  • He's unique and Sakurai knows it. Isaac has one of the more creative abilities of all the assist trophies. A character like Samurai Goroh? He just runs around swinging his sword. Yawn. Isaac? Instead of straight damage, he uses his psychic powers to push opponents away.
  • Tons of moveset potential. Between all of the attack psynergies, utility psynergies, weapon unleashes, djinn and summons, he has so much to work with.
  • The 3DS version of SSB4 will be handheld-focused, which hopefully means extra attention towards representing Golden Sun. Isaac would be perfect for a spot on the 3DS starting roster.
That said, all the merit in the world won't get a character in Brawl. And a few lacking characters made it in anyway. Isaac deserved a spot in Brawl, but didn't get it. Snake hardly warranted a spot in Brawl, but he got in anyway.

Isaac has more than earned a place on the roster, but he could easily get snubbed again. Heck, it's possible that Golden Sun could get even less representation in SSB4 than its meager presence in Brawl. It's all up to Sakurai. Until I see otherwise, I'm assuming the worst.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^Good points Arteen, couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

At this current point, I'd agree. But who knows what the future for GS will be if we get a character included this time. It could lead to reignited interest in the series, which in turn could result in Camelot finally making good on their supposed desire to make a GS4. If the game hypothetically reaches the level of acclaim the first two did, who knows, getting another GS character down the line (though not for a while) could be possible. Ofc it's probably more likely Sakurai revamps the series before then. :ohwell:

At least when Sakurai was compiling the roster the latest GS game was released only two years previous as opposed to some of the longer dormant stretches the series has been through.

If a Golden Sun character was to be added as a Assist Trophy, then I'd like to see either Saturos, Mia or Alex.
If Sakurai wants the keep the same effect for the AT as Isaac had, then I'd say Matthew (if he's not to be an alt costume) or Felix would be most likely, but from a unique character standpoint (and other than the protagonists), I'd agree that Alex would be a good choice, he has a continued prevalence in the series that few other characters do.

TeamFlareZakk

Felix probably would be best, I don't think I see Dark Dawn including anything in Super Smash Bros unless it's a stage, and hopefully they just stick with music from the first two games for it, Dark Dawn music isn't very popular over in the Golden Sun The Lost Waters forum.

Plus iconic Broken Seal Isaac would be more likely than ugly beard npc Isaac, he especially needs his yellow scarf.

I'm thinking if 3ds gets a Golden Sun stage, I thinking it's probably going to be Isaac's cabin on Dehkan Plataea.

Here's a look at Isaac's color schemes, one of them is Matthew.

Attachments

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see Sakurai totally shafting Dark Dawn, clearly he still gives attention to the less successful titles in the series as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of the GS content was from DD, with at least a good amount of trophies and/or stickers when compared to the first two, and maybe even a stage (Belinsk with Crystallux as part of the stage would be my choice for a DD location) but yeah, I obviously hope the majority of the content is lifted from the first two. Honestly though, as long as Isaac is the GS character picked, the interest of people new to the series will likely shift to the original GS games just due to Isaac. (Teenage Isaac obv)

TeamFlareZakk

I don't see Sakurai totally shafting Dark Dawn, clearly he still gives attention to the less successful titles in the series as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of the GS content was from DD, with at least a good amount of trophies and/or stickers when compared to the first two, and maybe even a stage (Belinsk with Crystallux as part of the stage would be my choice for a DD stage) but yeah, I obviously hope the majority of the content is lifted from the first two. Honestly though, as long as Isaac is the GS character picked, the interest of people new to the series will likely shift to the original GS games just due to Isaac. (Teenage Isaac obv)
I totally agree, in fact my pick for a stage is a Dark Dawn stage, it's actually the Lookout Cabin.

Attachments

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, that's quite the good stage idea as well, it's an iconic location in DD, and it was used pretty regularly in promotional material. Plus with Mt. Aleph in the background, it could be quite the picturesque stage, especially in HD (I assume if Isaac makes the roster, even with GS's exclusivity to handhelds, chances are pretty decent we'll still get a Wii U GS stage, seems like Sakurai would prioritize giving every series a stage like he usually does above maintaining absolute exclusivity for the stages' system type of origin).

Arteen

Smash Lord
Venus Lighthouse aerie is by far my number one choice for a classic Golden Sun stage. Every once in a while the lighthouse would shake, split in half, then reform. Any of the other lighthouses would work, too. I could also imagine a stage inside Sol Sanctum.

Dark Dawn has a few potential stages as well. There are Lookout Cabin and Belinsk as mentioned. Apollo Sanctum or Eclipse Tower from the end of the game would work as well. Personally I'd like to see a stage based on the zodiac puzzles in the Craggy Peak Ruins. The stage would transform every minute or so to a new layout based on each zodiac symbol.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If we got an old Golden Sun stage I would definitely want it to be Venus Lighthouse. If we had a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn stage, I would like it to be either Clouds of Passaj, Talon Peak, or Endless Wall. Clouds of Passaj could be a slow-paced vertical scrolling stage with moving clouds, Zol platforms, stone pillars, spheres of lightning, and wind currents. On Talon Peak, players could fight atop the mountain, where the Mountain Roc sleeps; at some point, the Mountan Roc awakens and proceeds to harass the players either by breathing fire, conjuring powerful gusts of wind, or attacking them with its talons. As for Endless Wall, it could simply be a long, flat stage like Bridge of Eldin, with a breathtaking view of Weyard.

Though the soundtrack in Dark Dawn was not as memorable as that of the original games, I did find some of the songs to be fairly enjoyable. There were only a small handful that I found to be a little bland. If Golden Sun 4 comes out for the 3DS, maybe we would get an orchestrated soundtrack with a small handful of guitar tracks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
N3ON, saying it like that, I could see Golden Sun perhaps getting a second rep in a next Smash game. Providing we get Isaac this time though. Wouldn't be opposed to see Felix, Matthew or Alex. Think a new Golden Sun will most likely have these characters play a prominent role. And I'd think Camelot would be pressured to make a new game anyway if Isaac would get in. I somehow see Isaac having the 'Marth & Roy' - flavor like popularity. Meaning he'd be popular, but not even that well known by most casuals.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Let's wait for Golden Sun to get a first rep before we start expecting a second. Isaac all day for the first, and really Alex would be the only viable option if there were to be a second. I'd love Jenna in but I don't see her happening

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Though the soundtrack in Dark Dawn was not as memorable as that of the original games, I did find some of the songs to be fairly enjoyable. There were only a small handful that I found to be a little bland. If Golden Sun 4 comes out for the 3DS, maybe we would get an orchestrated soundtrack with a small handful of guitar tracks.

It's funny because I wasn't that big fan of DD at first.

Then when the whole "Dark Dawn" issue happened, and I listened to the Battle Theme song while inside the darkness, my brain almost exploded.

Things got real interesting for me from there.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I just wanted to drop by and say that I fully support Isaac as he is my most wanted newcomer with a realistic chance. I don't come to this thread often to avoid potential spoilers, as I haven't finished the second game at this time. Though I love Golden Sun's beautiful art style, vivid scenery, and great music - it is very good for the GBA! I think Isaac has incredible moveset potential and would contribute greatly to the cast. If he got in, I would most certainly "co-main" him along with Megaman. I was devastated that he didn't make the Brawl roster but now he has a second chance. And it seems that Sakurai does look toward previous games for roster decisions so Isaac has a good shot IMO!

And I think this is a great thread to get my 500th post. :p

Altais

Smash Champion
Recently, I have been hoping they will announce Golden Sun 1 & 2 for the Wii U and 3DS virtual console. I know it is too early to call it a pattern, but so far the post-E3 character reveals have been based on celebrations; Pikmin & Olimar was revealed upon the release of Pikmin 3, and Luigi was revealed upon The Year of Luigi. Perhaps if Golden Sun for virtual console is announced in another Nintendo Direct, Isaac will be revealed as well! (Shrugs) Or maybe not.

TeamFlareZakk

Recently, I have been hoping they will announce Golden Sun 1 & 2 for the Wii U and 3DS virtual console. I know it is too early to call it a pattern, but so far the post-E3 character reveals have been based on celebrations; Pikmin & Olimar was revealed upon the release of Pikmin 3, and Luigi was revealed upon The Year of Luigi. Perhaps if Golden Sun for virtual console is announced in another Nintendo Direct, Isaac will be revealed as well! (Shrugs) Or maybe not.
I hope both Golden Sun and Golden Sun Lost Age are released on virtual console, I'd totally download them.

Hopefully it doesn't happen for a quite a bit because I'm just getting started with using E Shop and I don't even know how to really use it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just wanted to drop by and say that I fully support Isaac as he is my most wanted newcomer with a realistic chance. I don't come to this thread often to avoid potential spoilers, as I haven't finished the second game at this time. Though I love Golden Sun's beautiful art style, vivid scenery, and great music - it is very good for the GBA! I think Isaac has incredible moveset potential and would contribute greatly to the cast. If he got in, I would most certainly "co-main" him along with Megaman. I was devastated that he didn't make the Brawl roster but now he has a second chance. And it seems that Sakurai does look toward previous games for roster decisions so Isaac has a good shot IMO!

And I think this is a great thread to get my 500th post. :p
It's always nice to see more Isaac supporters, and I totally agree. GS looked spectacular when it first released and now it has a chance to blow minds again with it's, like you said, beatiful art style, scenery, and music, on an HD scale. Not even to mention what a good and diverse character Isaac would make, there really isn't a character from any other series that could play like a GS one.

Also, we know you have a choice in threads to make your 500th post, and we appreciate you choosing the Isaac support thread for your 500th post needs. ;):awesome:

Well if Nintendo has no bigger games to release one month and GBA games finally do start showing up on the VC, I agree it would be a nice tie-in. It could even be the other way around, Sakurai plans to reveal Isaac and to celebrate Nintendo release GS 1&2 on the VC that month, sort of like what Capcom did when Mega Man was revealed. It really would be the best time to do it as well, sales-wise, which Nintendo is probably aware of.

I hope both Golden Sun and Golden Sun Lost Age are released on virtual console, I'd totally download them.

Hopefully it doesn't happen for a quite a bit because I'm just getting started with using E Shop and I don't even know how to really use it.
I'm sure they will be made available eventually, they did very well when they first came out, and it'd be unlike Nintendo to not try and capitalize off that at some point.

And when they do come out, I hope you all pick them up, especially those of you who might never have played GS before, because every single purchase and download counts towards showing Camelot there is still interest in GS and a potential GS4. :grin:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
If we got an old Golden Sun stage I would definitely want it to be Venus Lighthouse. If we had a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn stage, I would like it to be either Clouds of Passaj, Talon Peak, or Endless Wall. Clouds of Passaj could be a slow-paced vertical scrolling stage with moving clouds, Zol platforms, stone pillars, spheres of lightning, and wind currents. On Talon Peak, players could fight atop the mountain, where the Mountain Roc sleeps; at some point, the Mountan Roc awakens and proceeds to harass the players either by breathing fire, conjuring powerful gusts of wind, or attacking them with its talons. As for Endless Wall, it could simply be a long, flat stage like Bridge of Eldin, with a breathtaking view of Weyard.

What about Sol Sanctum from the original? That place is certainly memorable. Or maybe even a stage based on different parts of Vale. Also, just like to show my support for Isaac. I think its about time Golden Sun gets a rep.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Felix probably would be best, I don't think I see Dark Dawn including anything in Super Smash Bros unless it's a stage, and hopefully they just stick with music from the first two games for it, Dark Dawn music isn't very popular over in the Golden Sun The Lost Waters forum.

Plus iconic Broken Seal Isaac would be more likely than ugly beard npc Isaac, he especially needs his yellow scarf.

I'm thinking if 3ds gets a Golden Sun stage, I thinking it's probably going to be Isaac's cabin on Dehkan Plataea.

Here's a look at Isaac's color schemes, one of them is Matthew.
Hey look at that! It's X Naut Shroober's schemes!

Brings back memories!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Venus Lighthouse stage. This is a must. Everything else is just an awesome extra. Lemuria would also be great. Or a stage based on the Lemurian Ship, mostly used in The Lost Age.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
guys Smooth McGroove took my request! <3
That's quite awesome! I never thought he'd do anything from Golden Sun! :awesome:

Shame he didn't use footage of battles a bit more interesting than just against basic beginner enemies. Oh well, still very cool. ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright, recently I've decided to make a complete moveset for characters I REALLY support. Isaac is one of those characters. So here it is!
[collapse=Swampasaur's Complete Isaac Moveset]
Isaac Moveset

Stats
Size: 5
Same as his size in Brawl.

Weight: 6
Slightly above normal. He's heavy as the earth he controls... Plus he's wearing a breastplate. That's kinda heavy.

Speed: 5
Normal speed. He's not fast but he doesn't need it.

Air Speed: 3
Pretty bad. Then again, Isaac is not meant to be in the air. He's a Venus adapt.

Fall Speed: 8
He falls like a rock. Natural for an Earth adapt.

Jump: 5
His initial jump is a lot better than most would expect. For it, Isaac would use the earth to launch him upward. However his midair jump is quite atrocious. He is definitely meant to be a grounded character.

Traction: 9
Among the best in the game. He is affected by ice though. Unlike :popo:.

Throwing: 8
Isaac using Catch Psyenergy has great throwing range and decent power as well!

Reach: 7
Many of Isaac's attacks are actually psyenergy attacks. This gives him more range than most. The moves that aren't Psyengery are sword swipes which also have decent range.

Jab Combo
A: Isaac does a quick horizontal slice.
A,A: After the initial attack Isaac slices in the opposite direction.

Dash Attack
Isaac runs forward and sticks out his sword skewering his opponents (at least the animation looks like it)on it and sending them flying.

Tilts
F-Tilt: Isaac stretches out his hand and commands a rock to rise up in front of him, hitting the enemy.
U-Tilt: Isaac stands still and does a light stab upwards.
D-Tilt: Isaac crouches and performs a downward angled stab.

Aerials

N-Air: Isaac retracts his arms and legs as small rocks orbit around him. This is a multihit attack.
F-Air: Isaac swings his sword and does a full spin around. This can hit up to two times in the same attack if the position is right.
U-Air: Isaac throws some crystal powder upwards which causes an icy explosion on contact. Can freeze enemies at certain percentages.
B-Air: Isaac hits the opponent with his shoulder and follows up by throwing an oil drop in their face. This is a small explosion on hit. A decent kill move if both hit.
D-Air: Isaac causes a small boulder to form in his hands and throws it downward. This rock will fall straight down for a while similar to Megaman's Hard Knuckle. However this does not meteor smash and should be used as a sort of projectile instead.

Smashes
F-Smash: Isaac performs his famous leaping attack. This is his attack animation from the Golden Sun games and its pretty similar to Toon Link's F-Smash in Project M.
U-Smash: Isaac clenches his hands as the ground on either side of him starts to shake. After charging Isaac turns his palms upward as sand flies around above him. A small whirlwhind of sand appears above him and will suck enemies in (kinda like Pikachu's D-Smash). The attack ends as a small sandsplosion happens to knock enemies away. This is a multihit attack.
D-Smash: Isaac kneels on one knee and clenches his fists. After charging he stands up as the two sections of earth next to him shake a bit. If this hits, the enemy will sink into the ground as if they were hit by a Pitfall. Isaac is then free to do what he wants as they are burried.

Throws
Isaac's psyenergy hand comes out for his throws! His grab animation is him sending out the psyengery hand to grab people. It is a ranged grab, but it cannot do anything in the air. While grabbing/pummeling/throwing the opponent, Isaac will mimic the movements of the giant hand with his own hand (or the giant hand is mimicing Isaac's hand :awesome: )
Pummel: The hand will squeeze the opponent.
F-Throw: The hand will lightly throw the opponent forward and follow up with Force Psyenergy to really send them flying!
U-Throw: The hand will throw the opponent upwards with an underhand throw.
B-Throw: The hand throws the opponent up slightly and swats them away behind Isaac.
D-Throw: The hand throws the opponent at the ground and follows up with a Pound Psyenergy!

Specials
N-Special: Isaac casts move! Isaac holds out his hand and has the familar hand from Brawl come out. It acts exactly the same, though it's 1/3 the size and 1/3 the range.
S-Special: Isaac casts vine. Isaac puts his hands on the ground as a small section of the ground lights up. It moves if you hold down the button. The longer you hold it down, the longer it goes. When you release the button, vines pop out of the ground where the light was. It's kinda of like a ground based version if Din's Fire if that makes sense. This does not work in the air.
U-Special: Isaac performs retreat. Isaac teleports as a bunch of rainbow like jewels forms around him causing small damage with little knockback. The same jewels appear where he appears.
D-Special: Isaac casts Quake. Isaac thrusts his sword in the earth while two pillars of earth come up on each side in a ripple effect, launching players up. Kind of like the animation for quake in GS. I hope that makes sense.... This also cannot be used in the air. Isaac is meant to be ground based.

Final Smash: JUDGEMENT!!!
Isaac lifts his hand up to the sky and yells "Come! Judgement!" as Judgement flies into the background. He'll charge up a blast for about five seconds. While this is happening Isaac is still vulnerable to enemy attacks. After five seconds Judgement will fire the blast at the center of the stage creating a circular blast about 7/8 of Final Destination's length. The blast lasts for 3 seconds. This attack does high knockback and high damage.

Other Attacks
Ledge Attack: Isaac grips the end of the stage and has a small pillar erupt from the ground right in front of him. He then climbs up.
Over 100%: Isaac struggles to get on the ledge and swings his sword as he gets up.

Floor Attack: Isaac opens his eyes and smiles as two stalagmites erupt from the ground on both sides of him. He then gets up casually.

Entrance
Isaac beams down using Retreat and unsheathes his sword.

Taunts
U-Taunt: Isaac looks at the screen and makes the
emoticon.
S-Taunt: A Djinn jumps out of Isaac with a flash of light. It runs around Isaac while Isaac laughs. The Djinn then jumps back into Isaac as it "sets" itself.
D-Taunt: Isaac uses his psyenergy to have some rocks orbit around him. He smiles as they all fall to the ground.

Idle Animation
If you wait long enough. Isaac will look at the screen and make the
emoticon.

Victory Animations
1. Isaac sheathes his sword and does a small arm pump while light shines from his hand.
2. A Djinn jumps out of Isaac and faces him. Isaac kneels down and pets him.
3. Isaac crosses his arms and chuckles as the
emoticon appears.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Isaac's golden hair and his move ability.
[/collapse] What do you think?

Altais

Smash Champion
guys Smooth McGroove took my request! <3

Huh, I never heard of this bloke before. That was a pretty cool video; I think I will look into more of his work, and maybe send a request of mine own.

Alright, recently I've decided to make a complete moveset for characters I REALLY support. Isaac is one of those characters. So here it is!
[collapse=Swampasaur's Complete Isaac Moveset]
Isaac Moveset

Stats
Size: 5
Same as his size in Brawl.

Weight: 6
Slightly above normal. He's heavy as the earth he controls... Plus he's wearing a breastplate. That's kinda heavy.

Speed: 5
Normal speed. He's not fast but he doesn't need it.

Air Speed: 3
Pretty bad. Then again, Isaac is not meant to be in the air. He's a Venus adapt.

Fall Speed: 8
He falls like a rock. Natural for an Earth adapt.

Jump: 5
His initial jump is a lot better than most would expect. For it, Isaac would use the earth to launch him upward. However his midair jump is quite atrocious. He is definitely meant to be a grounded character.

Traction: 9
Among the best in the game. He is affected by ice though. Unlike :popo:.

Throwing: 8
Isaac using Catch Psyenergy has great throwing range and decent power as well!

Reach: 7
Many of Isaac's attacks are actually psyenergy attacks. This gives him more range than most. The moves that aren't Psyengery are sword swipes which also have decent range.

Jab Combo
A: Isaac does a quick horizontal slice.
A,A: After the initial attack Isaac slices in the opposite direction.

Dash Attack
Isaac runs forward and sticks out his sword skewering his opponents (at least the animation looks like it)on it and sending them flying.

Tilts
F-Tilt: Isaac stretches out his hand and commands a rock to rise up in front of him, hitting the enemy.
U-Tilt: Isaac stands still and does a light stab upwards.
D-Tilt: Isaac crouches and performs a downward angled stab.

Aerials

N-Air: Isaac retracts his arms and legs as small rocks orbit around him. This is a multihit attack.
F-Air: Isaac swings his sword and does a full spin around. This can hit up to two times in the same attack if the position is right.
U-Air: Isaac throws some crystal powder upwards which causes an icy explosion on contact. Can freeze enemies at certain percentages.
B-Air: Isaac hits the opponent with his shoulder and follows up by throwing an oil drop in their face. This is a small explosion on hit. A decent kill move if both hit.
D-Air: Isaac causes a small boulder to form in his hands and throws it downward. This rock will fall straight down for a while similar to Megaman's Hard Knuckle. However this does not meteor smash and should be used as a sort of projectile instead.

Smashes
F-Smash: Isaac performs his famous leaping attack. This is his attack animation from the Golden Sun games and its pretty similar to Toon Link's F-Smash in Project M.
U-Smash: Isaac clenches his hands as the ground on either side of him starts to shake. After charging Isaac turns his palms upward as sand flies around above him. A small whirlwhind of sand appears above him and will suck enemies in (kinda like Pikachu's D-Smash). The attack ends as a small sandsplosion happens to knock enemies away. This is a multihit attack.
D-Smash: Isaac kneels on one knee and clenches his fists. After charging he stands up as the two sections of earth next to him shake a bit. If this hits, the enemy will sink into the ground as if they were hit by a Pitfall. Isaac is then free to do what he wants as they are burried.

Throws
Isaac's psyenergy hand comes out for his throws! His grab animation is him sending out the psyengery hand to grab people. It is a ranged grab, but it cannot do anything in the air. While grabbing/pummeling/throwing the opponent, Isaac will mimic the movements of the giant hand with his own hand (or the giant hand is mimicing Isaac's hand :awesome: )
Pummel: The hand will squeeze the opponent.
F-Throw: The hand will lightly throw the opponent forward and follow up with Force Psyenergy to really send them flying!
U-Throw: The hand will throw the opponent upwards with an underhand throw.
B-Throw: The hand throws the opponent up slightly and swats them away behind Isaac.
D-Throw: The hand throws the opponent at the ground and follows up with a Pound Psyenergy!

Specials
N-Special: Isaac casts move! Isaac holds out his hand and has the familar hand from Brawl come out. It acts exactly the same, though it's 1/3 the size and 1/3 the range.
S-Special: Isaac casts vine. Isaac puts his hands on the ground as a small section of the ground lights up. It moves if you hold down the button. The longer you hold it down, the longer it goes. When you release the button, vines pop out of the ground where the light was. It's kinda of like a ground based version if Din's Fire if that makes sense. This does not work in the air.
U-Special: Isaac performs retreat. Isaac teleports as a bunch of rainbow like jewels forms around him causing small damage with little knockback. The same jewels appear where he appears.
D-Special: Isaac casts Quake. Isaac thrusts his sword in the earth while two pillars of earth come up on each side in a ripple effect, launching players up. Kind of like the animation for quake in GS. I hope that makes sense.... This also cannot be used in the air. Isaac is meant to be ground based.

Final Smash: JUDGEMENT!!!
Isaac lifts his hand up to the sky and yells "Come! Judgement!" as Judgement flies into the background. He'll charge up a blast for about five seconds. While this is happening Isaac is still vulnerable to enemy attacks. After five seconds Judgement will fire the blast at the center of the stage creating a circular blast about 7/8 of Final Destination's length. The blast lasts for 3 seconds. This attack does high knockback and high damage.

Other Attacks
Ledge Attack: Isaac grips the end of the stage and has a small pillar erupt from the ground right in front of him. He then climbs up.
Over 100%: Isaac struggles to get on the ledge and swings his sword as he gets up.

Floor Attack: Isaac opens his eyes and smiles as two stalagmites erupt from the ground on both sides of him. He then gets up casually.

Entrance
Isaac beams down using Retreat and unsheathes his sword.

Taunts
U-Taunt: Isaac looks at the screen and makes the
emoticon.
S-Taunt: A Djinn jumps out of Isaac with a flash of light. It runs around Isaac while Isaac laughs. The Djinn then jumps back into Isaac as it "sets" itself.
D-Taunt: Isaac uses his psyenergy to have some rocks orbit around him. He smiles as they all fall to the ground.

Idle Animation
If you wait long enough. Isaac will look at the screen and make the
emoticon.

Victory Animations
1. Isaac sheathes his sword and does a small arm pump while light shines from his hand.
2. A Djinn jumps out of Isaac and faces him. Isaac kneels down and pets him.
3. Isaac crosses his arms and chuckles as the
emoticon appears.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Isaac's golden hair and his move ability.
[/collapse] What do you think?
Hmm, I never thought about incorporating items into Isaac's moves--although, I think they would be better off as regular items in the game. The special attacks seem interesting. The upward smash seems cool; it reminds me of the Tornado Lizards in Shuhalla Desert (not sure if the move actually derives from that or not). Incorporating his signature leap attack was a pretty good idea, though I honestly think it would be better off as a dash attack. As for everything else, I really think it would be more interesting and unique if more of his regular moves were based on actual attacks from the game. (Shrugs) But that is just me.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I had a dream last night that I went to the SSB4 website and saw Isaac as a newcomer.

P.S. His background color was yellow.

TeamFlareZakk

I had a dream last night that I went to the SSB4 website and saw Isaac as a newcomer.

P.S. His background color was yellow.
Never know, might come true, I once dreamt Super Smash Bros 4 was coming and in my dream I saw Bowser being played and guess what Bowser was one of first characters released, just have faith.

I'd like the Gaia psynergy to be in his moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I made a moveset with Gaia being a Down B attack. It was a charge up attack, rather slow, but devastating. Like most of his Specials.

Altais

Smash Champion
Anyway... had this incredible dream about a Golden Sun anime being produced. It all started when, in my deram, I attended this convention, and I started hearing Golden Sun music in the background. I was like "THIS IS GOLDEN SUN!!"
And then they projected images of the first GS party travelling together... T_T I need more dreams like this.
A Golden Sun animation would certainly be interesting. Not only would it cater to the fans, but it could also possibly get more people into the games. I wonder whom would voice the characters, though.

Just now, I put together this cast for the fun of it. Most of these are actually voices I have imagined on the characters whilst playing the game.

[collapse="Golden Sun cast"]Isaac
Johnny Yong Bosch

Garet
Justin Ryan Cook

Ivan
Brianne Siddall

Mia
Lisa Ann Beley

The Wise One
Neil Kaplan

Saturos
Kirk Thorton