• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I had a dream where every brawl AT was deconfirmed as an AT again. But considering that Chrom was shown a stage and Drapion was playable, I don't think it meant too much.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
man i just had a dream that i saw isaac as an assist trophy! someone save me from this nightmare!!!

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
You guys and your dreams, what is going on in your heads? Well.. I may not exactly be the one to talk here, lately I've met Hideo Kojima as my Musics Teacher back in Elementary School who praised me for doing such a good Snake impression. Yeah, I think my puberty vocal change came pretty early for my dream-self.

But anyway, considering we only have this many pics of the day left, do you guys think there even is a chance we see AT's on there anymore? I don't think so, to be honest. Pretty sure we don't see Isaac either way before release.

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
Isaac was always in my Top 10 most-wanted characters, because he seemed like such a neat addition! His use of Psynergy would make for such unique attacks and moves, and he'd likely use a Venus-based summon as a final smash!

But, as the days get closer to release, I feel like his chances get lower. Somehow, I don't think he'll make the cut. I mean, I really want him to, but I dunno, I feel like there are some characters who are going to have a better chance then him. It's hard to explain.

Plus, there is the logic that Super Smash Bros. already has a blonde-haired RPG character in the forum of Shulk, but I don't buy that at all.

Still, we haven't seen him yet, maybe he'll be an unlockable character... Or an unlockable Assist Trophy like last time. Really, though, I hope he makes it. :(

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well guys, interesting fun fact... Kirby DOESN'T have Shulk's hair, he just has the Monado. Someone remarked that maybe Shulk's hair was too similar to Robin's, but I find that kinda odd. Robin's hair is white and Shulk's in blonde. If anyone's hair could get confuse with Shulk's, it'd be Isaac's, eh?

Doesn't mean much, but its an interesting thing to note. :D
That actually explains a lot. Since the Monado Arts are Shulk's neutral-B, Kirby has to be able to copy them. Which means he kind of need the Monado.

Now I'm curious as to whether Kirby will use it in his standards. Because Kirby with the ability to use Arts, and with that insane range..? Most broken character ever.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I just want to see Kirby with that jump boost, haha. I'm guessing that will be one of the more useful Kirby hats, though, and if Shulk and Kirby are both as strong as people make them out to be, it'll probably get a lot of use, too.

I wonder if Kirby's Robin hair will change color depending on either his or Robin's colors - that could be one reason to not give him Shulk's hair. Pretty sure it's never worked that way before, though, so probably not. Anyways, I would definitely prioritize Isaac's scarf as a Kirby hat instead of his hair, but both would also be great!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well we didn't get Diddy Kong for the P:M thing this week...

Ofc that doesn't really mean much as far as the "leak", considering it very easily could've been changed by the PM team.

Or maybe the leak is just fake. Who knows.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
What about Isaac was actually leaked? I looked around and found a cool Sami model and whatnot, but I never saw anything about Isaac D: But then, I pretty much don't follow P:M at all, so I really didn't know what to look for, heh.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Obviously that is a must!

Like this:

art by BlazingGanondorf on deviantart

Scarf and hair :) This guy even has armour!
Oh my gosh! That is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen. My little sister would love this. Also my friend would too since he loves both GoldenSun and Kirby.

Can't believe we are so close to the release date in Japan. It's almost scary. Haha!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh my gosh! That is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen. My little sister would love this. Also my friend would too since he loves both GoldenSun and Kirby.

Can't believe we are so close to the release date in Japan. It's almost scary. Haha!
Yea my little sister would also go crazy. She loves Golden Sun, her favourite character is Isaac and she just adores Kirby. I am thinking of whether to preserve my sanity and not show this to her...

Yea and apparently the Japanese get a demo of Smash 3DS on the eShop. Not that it would do much regarding Isaac's but lucky them. The release date is around the corner, and we still have hopefuls waiting to get in the game. Just freakin' have playable Isaac Nintendo!

What about Isaac was actually leaked? I looked around and found a cool Sami model and whatnot, but I never saw anything about Isaac D: But then, I pretty much don't follow P:M at all, so I really didn't know what to look for, heh.
Maybe Isaac is just that way. Sneaking in without much presence seen beforehand. That is how he infiltrated Lunpa Fortress after all :p Him infiltrating PM as well as Smash 4 would be pretty amazing!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just the fact that he'll be included, and if the newer leak is true, how he'll play. No models or anything.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Surprise twist: Isaac is actually in Smash, but we will never know because he's using Cloak psynergy! D:

@ N3ON N3ON - Ah, I see. Well, I've been considering downloading P:M for a little while, now that I finally have a working Wii again, and Isaac's inclusion would definitely be the tipping point for me, so here's hoping!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, the 3rd PotD is just about the Demo of Sm4sh for 3DS in Japan. Only 2 left this week. What could they be and what huge announcement could they make before it's release?

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
i dont think sakurai is going to include another swordsman...as bad as i want isaac to be playable

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
i dont think sakurai is going to include another swordsman...as bad as i want isaac to be playable
Isaac barely counts as a swordsman. Honestly, the whole "no more swordsman" argument is done to death.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Surprise twist: Isaac is actually in Smash, but we will never know because he's using Cloak psynergy! D:
Yup! Cloak all the way! Although his cloaking is getting annoying....

I don't know how many times I have heard this swordsman argument. It is completely invalid as Brawl never says it has to be fist-fighting tournament. And anyway Isaac can easily be a pure mage type character. He is just too versatile and can still be DIFFERENT from anyone so far. He just should be in the game.

Also Sakurai won't call ALL the shots. If Nintendo wants Isaac to be in the game, we will see him.

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
dont get me wrong, i REALLY want isaac in the game (alongside Felix from golden sun 2 :D) but sakurai himselfsaid he didnt include chrom because he just wouldve been another ordinary swordsman. but youre right, isaac doesnt necessarily need his sword if this is really the problem for nintendo, having too many swordsmen

Secret Sexytime

Smash Rookie
I think what Sakurai meant by that is that Chrom would've been very much like Marth and Ike, which are just plain swordsmen. Obviously he could be wielding a spear or whatever but it's still pretty much a guy fighting with a weapon. Isaac is much, much more than that. Which is why the "omg no swordman" argument isn't really an argument against Isaac.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
lets just hope and pray for isaac. many people (including me) would go crazy if he really makes the cut in the end :)

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I bet the demo they released is actually the full game but with options and characters locked, I doubt they removed content for the sake of uploading a demo. So, in theory, people could data mine to see potential new characters or something (LIKE ISAAC!). Let's hope.
If they don't, it's a matter of a few days anyways.

And to join the dream-ey conversation, I've dreamed about Isaac being confirmed... twice. And even in the dream I had the thought of "hey, I have to be sure I'm actually awaken and not dreaming". And I do, but it's obviously a lie because my subconscious is lying. Why, body, why do this to me ;_;

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If Isaac gets confirmed, I'd give M. Bison and Daniel Bryan a run for their money.
If Isaac gets confirmed, I don't know what I will do .... because I would be too darn happy to be able to do anything! My life will become much more awesome with his playable status because ai have been supporting him since how long!

And obviously the another swordman argument cannot ever apply to him. Sakurai would have to be completely ignorant (which is doubtful since all the unique moves of Robin and Shulk are there) or completely oblivious to Isaac's uniqueness and continued popularity!

Thus, I think he is in! Isaac will definitely be my main 9001% in Smash 4!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I bet the demo they released is actually the full game but with options and characters locked, I doubt they removed content for the sake of uploading a demo. So, in theory, people could data mine to see potential new characters or something (LIKE ISAAC!). Let's hope.
If they don't, it's a matter of a few days anyways.
Eh... I doubt it. It makes more sense to completely remove unused data instead of just locking it, because it lighten the file very much. Regardless data mining (actually another reason to completely remove the data from a developer point of view), you don't want to have space on your SD card wasted by useless data, isn't it?

Also a glitch in the free demo of Fire Emblem: Awakening actually points toward unused data being completely removed: if you kill an an emy with Leif's Blade (a rare item you can only get randomly when you end your turn on a shiny tile), you have a chance to get a small bullion, an item whose sole purpose is to be sold for 1,000 gold. But there is no shop in the demo, and thus no way to sell items, and when you get a bullion with Leif's Blade... :lick: the games freezes, most likely due to the bullion data being completely removed from the demo because of its uselessness :teeth:

But really it's not a big deal to wait two or three days to know Isaac's fate, and I already imagine him with the trollish unlock condition "Summon the (insert non-Isaac Golden Sun character name here) Assist Trophy X number of times". But regardless of the unlock conditions I obviously hope that he will make the cut now!

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
@ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice That (quite interesting) potential debate about demos and developers would be too off-topic to be had here, but I'll give you that "I've seen everything at this point" and "there are reasons to do either, leave or erase the data".

Schrödinger's opinion: I agree and disagree with your post at the same time :p

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
@ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice That (quite interesting) potential debate about demos and developers would be too off-topic to be had here, but I'll give you that "I've seen everything at this point" and "there are reasons to do either, leave or erase the data".

Schrödinger's opinion: I agree and disagree with your post at the same time :p
No way the demo is 2 GB big i.e the full game. It is probably just a set number of characters and stages + assist trophies that are fixed and won't be changed no matter how much time you spend in it.

Last edited:

Jaxxs

Smash Rookie
Fellow Isaac supporters

As we approach the final hours before 'judgement' day I want to say It has been amazing reading all the support he has gathered.

I basically became a member on this site just so I could feel part of something on this thread and even though It's my first comment I could not be more with you all.

I have wanted to see Isaac in this game even since Brawl was announced and when it was revealed he was only an AT I was crushed. Even when I have had my doubts this board has always reassured me we will one day see him as a playable character.

I salute each and every one of you.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Fellow Isaac supporters

As we approach the final hours before 'judgement' day I want to say It has been amazing reading all the support he has gathered.

I basically became a member on this site just so I could feel part of something on this thread and even though It's my first comment I could not be more with you all.

I have wanted to see Isaac in this game even since Brawl was announced and when it was revealed he was only an AT I was crushed. Even when I have had my doubts this board has always reassured me we will one day see him as a playable character.

I salute each and every one of you.
And welcome to the thread fellow doppelganger :p!

It is great to know that you joined up to support Isaac and yes, you belong right in this thread as a fellow Isaac supporter for SSB4!

Here's to our wishes coming true!

D

Deleted member

So, another day, another pointless POTD.

But, you know, that makes things easier in a way because we're not getting sudden deconfirmations.

Like I said... me may get more than 5 more characters. Heck, if we're getting 5 newcomers, the possibility of Isaac being one of them is prety good since Golden Sun hasn't been represented yet, there is strong support, the games sold well (and still do on the eShop... though why GBA games have yet to come up on the 3DS astounds me, yet I'm not surprised. I'll never get Donkey Kong Land.), and Isaac not only is a plausible character in terms of moveset, but the ideas are clearly there and creative. He doesn't even need to use the sword on his back, since the artwork and trophy for him in Brawl was clearly for show, so that's one reason why the "We Already Have Swordsmen" comments bug me because while Isaac uses swords, most Golden Sun fights can be won without ever using direct attacks unless you're conserving PP.

Now, with the Isaac Copy for Kirby, I can see his hair being the copy, and I know some people made comments about Robin, but Robin's hair is white and intricate, while in Brawl (which I fired up last night just to see him... but I'll still never unlock his trophy), Isaac's hair was spiky and simple.

Basically, here's my take on why it'll be Friday when we first see Isaac... he's a wanted character, and I think that Sakurai wants Smash Bros. Assist Trophies to get a chance at promotion, with 2-3 being the amount if only because it's best for the game if they hear from fans. But, because this game requires hype, all of the big characters have been announced for those reasons... including a few "WTH?!" contenders. As much as I love Isaac, he is popular, but he is not that popular, and his introduction would result in more complaints than compliments, so it's best to just let those who want him wait until the very end.

After all, we've seen no Golden Sun material at all in this game, so at least we ae one of the few support groups that can still have legit hope in these final hours. God, this is Majora's Mask-esque vibes right now. Let's hope our hopes don't get crushed like Termina and we meet an unfortunate fate (sorry, can't be all optimistic).

But, again, I'm still feeling good, regardless.

Jaxxs

Smash Rookie
And welcome to the thread fellow doppelganger :p!

It is great to know that you joined up to support Isaac and yes, you belong right in this thread as a fellow Isaac supporter for SSB4!

Here's to our wishes coming true!
Thanks man! Words cannot express how anxious/pumped I am for Friday/Saturday.

Feeling the love already.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's funny considering this the "end" because even if the game started leaking right now it would probably be the weekend before we have the complete roster in front of us. That is assuming Isaac didn't get unlocked as an AT first....

Arguably Isaac is in a decent position going into this final leak. He doesn't have to worry about the CSS rules since he'd be a single series rep.

I still think the 5 more characters has a shot at being real, nothing is guaranteed but there's plenty of "oddities" surrounding what we know so far about the game.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
You know what I think?

I think that a game coming to the handhelds needs good handheld representation, and what better to represent the best of Nintendo's handheld history than a Golden Sun character?

YES we have Pokemon and Fire Emblem, but they have already been in Smash. The debut of a handheld game deserves a newcomer from a franchise EXCLUSIVELY on handhelds. Who besides Isaac could claim that? NO ONE THAT'S WHO!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
You know what I think?

I think that a game coming to the handhelds needs good handheld representation, and what better to represent the best of Nintendo's handheld history than a Golden Sun character?

YES we have Pokemon and Fire Emblem, but they have already been in Smash. The debut of a handheld game deserves a newcomer from a franchise EXCLUSIVELY on handhelds. Who besides Isaac could claim that? NO ONE THAT'S WHO!
That is the spirit! Isaac definitely deserves a spot based on that alone! He is the handheld hero from the GBA! The poster boy of the best RPG on the GBA and one of the most selling ones too! He is THE venus adept, he is the one playing with power! Advance Wars has come out on home console as Famicom Wars so it doesn't count but I would love to have their rep AFTER Isaac. Nintendo you better have good characters hidden away because no one would be satisfied with more clones.
A huge number of people will like Isaac to be in there and initial haters would come to love him in Smash once they get to play as him!

Nintendo you better remember your GBA era and the blonde in-house JRPG hero it brought with it.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I took a snapshot of my best characters along with Isaac in Brawl for my Avatar pic (It's small, but I hope I can take a better one and be much bigger to see). Soon, Sm4sh will make this a reality. Here's hoping!

Being the perfect GBA represenative, would it be interesting if Isaac had a PP meter above his Damage Percentage, like Little Mac does for his power meter. The more PP you have, the better attacks you can do and vice-versa. You can gain it back by being hit, dealing damage, or healing. Who else would like that?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I took a snapshot of my best characters along with Isaac in Brawl for my Avatar pic (It's small, but I hope I can take a better one and be much bigger to see). Soon, Sm4sh will make this a reality. Here's hoping!

Being the perfect GBA represenative, would it be interesting if Isaac had a PP meter above his Damage Percentage, like Little Mac does for his power meter. The more PP you have, the better attacks you can do and vice-versa. You can gain it back by being hit, dealing damage, or healing. Who else would like that?
Yea that could be a great thing. Dealing with PP would be nice. As he uses up PP his moves become weaker. You know like Planetary to Planet Diver, or from Odyssey to Ragnarok, Wild Growth to just Growth. And sword attacks replenishes it. Or maybe just hanging around in time.

Or if he has summons, a djinn system we talked about with his summons becoming weaker/stronger or his attacks becoming weaker/stronger, not stats.

By the way nice avatar :) It will come true don't worry ;) I changed mine as well. A lot of people had the normal Isaac pose
that I had so I got a fanart with Isaac doing Grand Gaia. And he has his back towards with his scarf blowing in the wind.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yea that could be a great thing. Dealing with PP would be nice. As he uses up PP his moves become weaker. You know like Planetary to Planet Diver, or from Odyssey to Ragnarok, Wild Growth to just Growth. And sword attacks replenishes it. Or maybe just hanging around in time.

Or if he has summons, a djinn system we talked about with his summons becoming weaker/stronger or his attacks becoming weaker/stronger, not stats.

By the way nice avatar :) It will come true don't worry ;) I changed mine as well. A lot of people had the normal Isaac pose
that I had so I got a fanart with Isaac doing Grand Gaia. And he has his back towards with his scarf blowing in the wind.
For a moment, I didn't recognize you when you changed it. I was like, where did LazermasterA go? Then I saw your name. Haha! I like it!

I have more snapshots of Isaac in Brawl, but I don't know how to post them here. How do I do that?

Man, if Isaac is in, I can't wait to have my dream team together. Sonic, the fast and nimble, Link, the arsenal and heavy hitter, and Isaac, [Insert what he might be because we don't know yet. lol].

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
For a moment, I didn't recognize you when you changed it. I was like, where did LazermasterA go? Then I saw your name. Haha! I like it!
Yea I can see why. I was thinking of adding a picture of him doing skull splitter (fan art) but then it was a bit too small when I used it as avatar. So I decided on this one. I am waiting for Isaac to be released for Smash 4 so that I can get a new picture from the reveal as an avatar! :p

I have more snapshots of Isaac in Brawl, but I don't know how to post them here. How do I do that?
Sorry no idea how.

Man, if Isaac is in, I can't wait to have my dream team together. Sonic, the fast and nimble, Link, the arsenal and heavy hitter, and Isaac, [Insert what he might be because we don't know yet. lol].
Personally I would be satisfied with just Isaac. The others for a change.

If I had a dream team, I would probably take Isaac and Ike. Legendary warriors together!

This time Isaac being playable of course :)

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see stats on the percent of avatars containing Isaac in this thread. Or of each thread's specific character overall :p

If I wasn't so proud (ashamed) of my MS Paint abilities in creating Ganon-cakes, I'd swap over to a Golden Sun avatar.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Now that Miis are a reality, I really hope Isaac is in, because I really want to face off against my favorite JRPG character.

Top Bottom