• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think Isaac may be more popular than I thought. I've been talking to every Nintendo fan who comes to my store (anyone with a Zelda shirt, Mario wallet, etcetera). When discussing newcomers, not a lot of them bring him up. But when I mention him, they all react the same way: "Oh my gosh", "that would be awesome", "I would cry [with happiness]", etcetera. He may not be someone for whom people are clamoring, but it seems all of the general Nintendo fans would react favorably. They also all recognize him.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think Isaac may be more popular than I thought. I've been talking to every Nintendo fan who comes to my store (anyone with a Zelda shirt, Mario wallet, etcetera). When discussing newcomers, not a lot of them bring him up. But when I mention him, they all react the same way: "Oh my gosh", "that would be awesome", "I would cry [with happiness]", etcetera. He may not be someone for whom people are clamoring, but it seems all of the general Nintendo fans would react favorably. They also all recognize him.
Yea they are just not as vocal as the other fanbases, mainly due to lack of any recent awesome games or just that his main spotlight was during the GBA era. The NeoGaf poll is a favourable outcome when Isaac fans were vocal about their wants for him to be in the game! He is popular, just maybe not many people clamouring for him than the other fans who are making more noise for their rep!

Thanks for sharing this, makes me happy to hear that GS fans have not declined as much as I initially thought!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Sorry no idea how.

Personally I would be satisfied with just Isaac. The others for a change.

If I had a dream team, I would probably take Isaac and Ike. Legendary warriors together!

This time Isaac being playable of course :)
B-but, you just did it. You posted a pic (btw, looks awesome!). I have a few I want to show of Isaac. Basically, his best stances.

Anyway, I wonder if another reason that Isaac has not been shown is that he is still being worked on. Like how Yoshi wasn't shown until they got his character finished up. Who knows.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Sorry no idea how.

Personally I would be satisfied with just Isaac. The others for a change.

If I had a dream team, I would probably take Isaac and Ike. Legendary warriors together!

This time Isaac being playable of course :)
B-but, you just did it. You posted a pic (btw, looks awesome!). I have a few I want to show of Isaac. Basically, his best stances.

Anyway, I wonder if another reason that Isaac has not been shown is that he is still being worked on. Like how Yoshi wasn't shown until they got his character finished up. Who knows.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's much too late to be working on any characters that aren't DLC at this point.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Man, it's somehow only just now dawning on me that all of our Isaac speculation may very well be coming to an end very soon. And although I've always maintained a stance of healthy skepticism, it's been a lot of fun posting here! Doing my best to both remain hopeful and keep my defenses up until the final moment... not quite so easy, considering he is my most wanted newcomer, but at least I know I'm in good company!

So, if Isaac does make it in, I totally intend to photoshop his hair onto my avatar and party it up across these forums with the rest of you :p And if he does not make it as playable, at least we know he is incredibly likely to be represented in some way, which is a great honor on its own!

Either way, I am looking forward to replaying the first two games on the Wii U once I get one, so it's still a good time to be a Golden Sun fan regardless! :D

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, I decided to just make a video of all the snapshots I have of Isaac that I took back in 2008 in Brawl. They aren't the best, but just seeing Isaac there just makes me want him more in Sm4sh. I hope you like them somewhat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIqX96qKDY

These last few days will be very interesting. Just like one user said, it feels like the Moon is crashing thanks to Majora. You know what would be funny, if one of us in this entire thread actually knows Isaac's fate if he is playable or not. Hmm...? I wonder who it is? And when we all know the full roster, will that person come forth and tell us?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
That moment when NonSpecificGuy goes through and likes allllllll the posts XD

So, I decided to just make a video of all the snapshots I have of Isaac that I took back in 2008 in Brawl. They aren't the best, but just seeing Isaac there just makes me want him more in Sm4sh. I hope you like them somewhat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIqX96qKDY
Isaac just looks so sassy in that first pic, haha. Total "talk to the hand" pose. So cold, Isaac, so cold!

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
So, even though that might be due to the fact it's 3:30 in the morning, my stomach just started tingling of hype.
All I can identify this as is a deep sense of longing, like when you're about to greet an old friend you haven't seen in ages. I've never been the loudest, not have I been the most unwavering supporter, but now that it comes to a close it feels like I've been a part of this forever. A chapter of my life that comes to an end on this Friday, a time of hype, a time of sadness and a time of hope.
This might sound way too melodramatic, it's still deep in the night and little Chuck should be in bed already, but I feel at times like this, there's nothing wrong with being a little shakespeary.
I'm really not the type to weep easily, but one way or another, if Isaac is in our out, will probably leave me shedding more than one tear.
I honestly can't believe this weekend will decide it. This whole thread, from start to finish, is the shelter of so many hyped-up comments, so many sad notions, so many supporting posts of people who probably never knew each other existed beforehand. Let that run through your head for a second. Either way the outcome, nobody will take those memories away from us. Now, if those are good or rather sad ones, well, that's up for the future to decide.

On behalf of all the lurkers, I've been one of those long enough, I wanted to say "Thank you" to each and every one who at any time posted in this thread - you made this journey worth it.

And, to end this post with something equally melodramatic, let me quote Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid V, "You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield. [...] Now go! Let the legend come back to life"

Last edited:

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
More fun facts:

12 characters in Smash 1
14 newcomers in Melee
16 newcomers in Brawl

Only 12 newcomers have been announced. Assuming the rumors are true...

DHD + Dark Pitt + Bowser Jr. makes 15.

That means 1 slot is left to match Brawl, though I have to say this trend leads me to believe in at least 2 other newcomers besides the leftover 1. Combine that with no signs of GS and AT promotions...I'm liking these odds.

Remember ladies and gents, the glass is always half full.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
More fun facts:

12 characters in Smash 1
14 newcomers in Melee
16 newcomers in Brawl

That means 1 slot is left to match Brawl, though I have to say this trend leads me to believe in at least 2 other newcomers besides the leftover 1. Combine that with no signs of GS and AT promotions...I'm liking these odds.

Except there were 18 newcomers in Brawl...

Boofer

Smash Ace
More fun facts:

12 characters in Smash 1
14 newcomers in Melee
16 newcomers in Brawl

The odds look good, but my expectations are low. With low expectations, a person might alleviate some disappointment.

As for Isaac, as perfect as I think he'd be for Smash, I've lost hope for him.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh, I took mine off the internet. Apparently there are many others who want to see Isaac vs. Ike as well :p

So, even though that might be due to the fact it's 3:30 in the morning, my stomach just started tingling of hype.
All I can identify this as is a deep sense of longing, like when you're about to greet an old friend you haven't seen in ages. I've never been the loudest, not have I been the most unwavering supporter, but now that it comes to a close it feels like I've been a part of this forever. A chapter of my life that comes to an end on this Friday, a time of hype, a time of sadness and a time of hope.
This might sound way too melodramatic, it's still deep in the night and little Chuck should be in bed already, but I feel at times like this, there's nothing wrong with being a little shakespeary.
I'm really not the type to weep easily, but one way or another, if Isaac is in our out, will probably leave me shedding more than one tear.
I honestly can't believe this weekend will decide it. This whole thread, from start to finish, is the shelter of so many hyped-up comments, so many sad notions, so many supporting posts of people who probably never knew each other existed beforehand. Let that run through your head for a second. Either way the outcome, nobody will take those memories away from us. Now, if those are good or rather sad ones, well, that's up for the future to decide.

On behalf of all the lurkers, I've been one of those long enough, I wanted to say "Thank you" to each and every one who at any time posted in this thread - you made this journey worth it.

And, to end this post with something equally melodramatic, let me quote Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid V, "You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield. [...] Now go! Let the legend come back to life"
Nice way of putting it. I remember I used to be a lurker who used to be happy that there are so many people wanting Isaac and disagreeing with the detractors. I finally joined and I also feel like I have been a part of this discussion since it started. Let's hope our tears are of joy! Here's to having an amazing weekend where we are partying after Isaac's reveal :)

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Isaac just looks so sassy in that first pic, haha. Total "talk to the hand" pose. So cold, Isaac, so cold!
Haha! Glad you liked them...right?

Oh, I took mine off the internet. Apparently there are many others who want to see Isaac vs. Ike as well :p
Oh, that makes sense. Oh well, I made a video of the pics I have of Isaac in Brawl anyway. :awesome:

It's funny how most of us (including me) were lurkers once on this thread. It's so awesome to see so much support to a character from a wonder franchise that needs more love and recognition by many, even though it's not as big as Ridley's group. It still has kept Isaac in the top 5 most wanted. That's an achievement all on its own. As we get close to the end, lets stick together and root hard for our Adept Hero. Let's hope he makes it in time!

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I didn't expect that to happen this early. How in the world will I be able to concentrate at work today? I was hoping the roster leaks on Saturday so I can pull an all nighter without having to worry.
Clench your cheeks, everybody.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Oh God... I'm just dreading that possible AT confirmation... :(

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wait, what? What leak? What am I missing here? You are getting me on the Huge Hype Train right now! AAAAHHHHH!!!!

Edit: Oh wait, now I see. Falco and Ness confirmed. OH SNAP!!! I can't contain the Hype! :joyful:

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Well, my main was disconfirmed...and probably the other two from the leaks, which means there's more space for newcomers.
Here's to hoping, I guess...
Good luck, fellow supporters...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
No, no.
I mean Wolf was disconfirmed, my main in Brawl.
And I meant that that could mean more space for other characters, like issac.
Please use specific names when talking about disconfirmed characters. Everyone is on edge right now.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I feel like the Hype Train is going into maximum overdrive right now and we are forgeting to wear our seatbelts. Plot twist: There are no seatbelts. AAAAAHHH!!!

BTW, I know one character who is a fan of Isaac. The manliest man of Smash: Captain Falcon. Why? He sports that Yellow Scarf well. Lol!

Someone is playing it now on twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I feel like the Hype Train is going into maximum overdrive right now and we are forgeting to wear our seatbelts. Plot twist: There are no seatbelts. AAAAAHHH!!!

BTW, I know one character who is a fan of Isaac. The manliest man of Smash: Captain Falcon. Why? He sports that Yellow Scarf well. Lol!

Someone is playing it now on twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama
I know. I'm watching. Terrified and fascinated. C'mon, Isaac...

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
OMG the day of judgement is approaching. Unconfirmed characters could be unlocked at any second in the streams. Let Isaac be one of them! :joyful:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
OOOOOOOOOOH SH- DARK PIT

edit: Sorry, wrong thread XD; Ummmmm... Isaac... still a fan! 8D; *backs out slowly*

Last edited:
Top Bottom