• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
****ing hell, now it happened. I had a dream last night about at leak that had a CSS with Isaac on it.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This is it guys. Nintendo Treehouse has announced they will be doing a Stream of Super Smash Brothers for the 3DS and it is the Final Version. Hopefully we will see Isaac in a playable fashion.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is it guys. Nintendo Treehouse has announced they will be doing a Stream of Super Smash Brothers for the 3DS and it is the Final Version. Hopefully we will see Isaac in a playable fashion.
Aren't they doing that the day before it comes out? Or the day it comes out?

D

Deleted member

As far as dreams go, I've had two confirming him (one by himself and the other with Felix) and one deconfirming him (ironically, as adult Isaac).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
As far as dreams go, I've had two confirming him (one by himself and the other with Felix) and one deconfirming him (ironically, as adult Isaac).
All three cases are entirely possible. Isaac alone confirmed, Isaac confirmed with Felix as alt or Adult Isaac disconfirmed (he is an AT) and later young Isaac is revealed as playable.

They say 3 time's a charm!

Nintendo Treehouse at 12th Sep is the last date Isaac needs to survive from AT-isation! He can do it! He managed to do all that stuff in GS 1 and 2 so why not hide in the shadows for longer? Or better, reveal himself as playable with a boom!

A boom as in Ragnarok, Judgement or Meggido :p

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still do hope Isaac is in. I know a lot of people might be tired of seeing sword wielders as there only weapon fighters. But like Shulk, Isaac genuinely has a lot to offer as a character. None of the characters in the can really take advantage of using the Earth element, so his moveset could solely be based on that. Not that it has to, You could also have him take advantage of the other main elements, like Planet Diver for Fire, Cutting Edge for Water, and a recovery attack for Wind.

But I'm a little worried when it comes to Isaac, he's not one of those characters that got shown in that leak. Nor was he hinted at in the other semi-legit one. I'm still holding out a little hope though.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
The day of truth finally approaches. I am excited to see Isaac playable on that day. :p
I bet Isaac used growth to grow the treehouse for the nintendo reps. :troll:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wouldn't put too much hope into that stream (nor the NicoNico one) revealing Isaac if he is there. Remember, there is a few newcomers that we've seen in the leak that haven't been revealed yet.

Even if they pulled somebody that is potentially beyond that, I still doubt it would be Isaac. The hype characters they could reveal would be Mewtwo or Ridley. Isaac fits perfectly as that secret unlockable character that is only heard about after the game comes out. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see a trailer of him, but I don't think we'll get that, even if he is in.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't put too much hope into that stream (nor the NicoNico one) revealing Isaac if he is there. Remember, there is a few newcomers that we've seen in the leak that haven't been revealed yet.

Even if they pulled somebody that is potentially beyond that, I still doubt it would be Isaac. The hype characters they could reveal would be Mewtwo or Ridley. Isaac fits perfectly as that secret unlockable character that is only heard about after the game comes out. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see a trailer of him, but I don't think we'll get that, even if he is in.
It is the final version of the game after all and they are streaming it one day before the release in japan. I hope that is reason enough to reveal all the remaining newcomers and veterans. The secret chars will probably remain secret but i guess they will reveal everything else. The question is just whether Isaac is a secret char or a regular one since he will be in the game anyway. :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It is the final version of the game after all and they are streaming it one day before the release in japan. I hope that is reason enough to reveal all the remaining newcomers and veterans. The secret chars will probably remain secret but i guess they will reveal everything else. The question is just whether Isaac is a secret char or a regular one since he will be in the game anyway. :p
We're better off hoping they reveal all AT's than all remaining newcomers/veterans.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Unless.... they're not in the game. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see them revealing any locked characters, this sounds more to me like they just want to show some gameplay, they'll probably be streaming content experienced relatively early in the game.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't see them revealing any locked characters, this sounds more to me like they just want to show some gameplay, they'll probably be streaming content experienced relatively early in the game.
Agreed, but I would not be surprised at all if the stream opened with a final newcomer trailer.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was thinking the same maybe a few of the recently announced characters or something like that.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Not sure exactly what it's about, but the NeoGaf Smash thread just added Isaac to a list of some sort... and he got 3rd place, which I assume is good? XD Just randomly happened upon it over there and thought I'd share :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Definitely a good moveset overall. I think this should be added to the OP. @ N3ON N3ON , can you please add this moveset to the OP?
It's nothing against Accursed, but I'm not adding any more movesets to the OP. I feel it's already heavy on content.

Agreed, but I would not be surprised at all if the stream opened with a final newcomer trailer.
I'd agree if it didn't seem like we already knew the entire starting roster, and I don't think they'll show a locked character.

But given that Sakurai also warned people we were coming to the end of character trailers, I'd also expect him to announce when we had reached the last one, which he didn't do with Shulk's. So who knows.

I personally am not expecting a reveal, but it doesn't matter much anyway, if it hasn't already the final game will be leaking pretty soon after this stream.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's nothing against Accursed, but I'm not adding any more movesets to the OP. I feel it's already heavy on content.

I'd agree if it didn't seem like we already knew the entire starting roster, and I don't think they'll show a locked character.

But given that Sakurai also warned people we were coming to the end of character trailers, I'd also expect him to announce when we had reached the last one, which he didn't do with Shulk's. So who knows.

I personally am not expecting a reveal, but it doesn't matter much anyway, if it hasn't already the final game will be leaking pretty soon after this stream.
I'm already thinking that half the characters shown in the demo are going to be locked. The way it's looking, we have, what, 3/4s of the known rosters as "starters"? I think plenty of those are going to be locked, just playable in the demo.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not sure exactly what it's about, but the NeoGaf Smash thread just added Isaac to a list of some sort... and he got 3rd place, which I assume is good? XD Just randomly happened upon it over there and thought I'd share :p
That goes to show that Isaac is still really popular. Heck he beat Megaman on that poll O.o! That part might be an anomaly since Megaman is already in the game so less people would have voted for him. But still, no. 3!!!! That is the highest I have seen him placed in any poll for favourite newcomer. Even on Smashboards he is at no. 5 for most wanted newcomer...

Seriously Nintendo with your recent moves, you better do something to redeem thyself! If Isaac makes it in the game as playable, all will be fine and I will ignore the recent annoying announcements of N3DS as well as no CPP support for Smash 4 3DS.

My soul will be crushed if we see an Isaac AT on the stream.
Or we could get Isaac as playable! If he is in, I will be on cloud 9 and my spirits will soar with happiness!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm already thinking that half the characters shown in the demo are going to be locked. The way it's looking, we have, what, 3/4s of the known rosters as "starters"? I think plenty of those are going to be locked, just playable in the demo.
I doubt it. Its a naturally progression, and Sakurai has never revealed so many characters prior to release before. The only characters in the demo I can see being "unlockable" in the final game are Luigi and Toon Link, and I highly doubt that's the case. Why is Lucina the only character left out? If it really was just all the "announced" characters, I'd think Lucina would be available as well, but she's not. I think everything we know points to it being the full starting roster. Which also implies there's more characters we don't know about.

Granted, it doesn't mean Isaac, but he's looking pretty damn good right now.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Isaac just got #3 on SmashGAF's most wanted newcomers poll, so that's nice. Good to know people still want him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
#2 and #1 on SmashGAF's poll are probably going to be K. Rool and Ridley, but I'd love to know what order they'll be in. Either way, sweet that Isaac got the #3 spot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it would seem less shocking that Isaac and GS are still pretty popular if Sakurai actually gave the series the amount of content it deserves.

Arteen

Smash Lord
During an 8-hour stream I'd expect to see some character reveals, if only incidentally (e.g. beat classic mode, fight Jigglypuff). A prepared newcomer trailer is possible, too.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I doubt it. Its a naturally progression, and Sakurai has never revealed so many characters prior to release before. The only characters in the demo I can see being "unlockable" in the final game are Luigi and Toon Link, and I highly doubt that's the case. Why is Lucina the only character left out? If it really was just all the "announced" characters, I'd think Lucina would be available as well, but she's not. I think everything we know points to it being the full starting roster. Which also implies there's more characters we don't know about.
Because she was a clone, and a last minute addition. They wouldn't want a demo to show unrevealed characters, and there is no need to show of Lucina since she basically plays the same as Marth.

Granted, it doesn't mean Isaac, but he's looking pretty damn good right now.
Hoping so. C'mon, Isaac...

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
That goes to show that Isaac is still really popular. Heck he beat Megaman on that poll O.o! That part might be an anomaly since Megaman is already in the game so less people would have voted for him. But still, no. 3!!!! That is the highest I have seen him placed in any poll for favourite newcomer. Even on Smashboards he is at no. 5 for most wanted newcomer...
Yeah, Mega Man being on there when he's already confirmed is what really threw me off XD Still, very cool to see him placing so high!

Does anyone have more info about this poll? Like, how/when it was conducted? I'd have expected to see Little Mac, Palutena, Pacman, even the Villager on there if confirmed newcomers were allowed. Unless there was some very weird/specific criteria for getting in, or they only polled certain people, or something?

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
They just polled people in the thread. It's nothing super big, people just voted for their top newcomers.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think it would seem less shocking that Isaac and GS are still pretty popular if Sakurai actually gave the series the amount of content it deserves.
Yea. I can imagine how extremely popular he would have been if Sakurai had actually given him a newcomer trailer by now or if he had been playable in Brawl and a veteran in Smash 4. If he is this popular now with a game back in 2001, sequel in 2003 and a lacklustre sequel in 2010 which many ignored, how much would he have been if Sakurai had given this series the exposure it deserves in Smash!?

Yeah, Mega Man being on there when he's already confirmed is what really threw me off XD Still, very cool to see him placing so high!

Does anyone have more info about this poll? Like, how/when it was conducted? I'd have expected to see Little Mac, Palutena, Pacman, even the Villager on there if confirmed newcomers were allowed. Unless there was some very weird/specific criteria for getting in, or they only polled certain people, or something?
Maybe Isaac has supporters who are speaking out just now? Like many new people who have been posting on this thread recently? Isaac is more popular than even I thought!

That poll was amazing, thanks people at NeoGaf for making my day! Isaac for Smash 4!

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I see. Well, I am pretty surprised at the inevitable exclusion of some characters, then, given that there are only 2 slots left. But I'll still accept it as an overall victory for Isaac! :shades:

Now if only we could force Sakurai onto Gaf, haha.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well guys, interesting fun fact... Kirby DOESN'T have Shulk's hair, he just has the Monado. Someone remarked that maybe Shulk's hair was too similar to Robin's, but I find that kinda odd. Robin's hair is white and Shulk's in blonde. If anyone's hair could get confuse with Shulk's, it'd be Isaac's, eh?

Doesn't mean much, but its an interesting thing to note. :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well guys, interesting fun fact... Kirby DOESN'T have Shulk's hair, he just has the Monado. Someone remarked that maybe Shulk's hair was too similar to Robin's, but I find that kinda odd. Robin's hair is white and Shulk's in blonde. If anyone's hair could get confuse with Shulk's, it'd be Isaac's, eh?

Doesn't mean much, but its an interesting thing to note. :D
I don't think there would've been any problem either way if he had his hair and the Monado.

But yeah, that is interesting. Though the difference in hair between Isaac and Shulk is about as different as Ike and Marth, and people didn't those Kirby hats confused...

Top Bottom